Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils thread

I don't even want Mourinho and his negative football at United when Fergie finally does retire....

I'd have liked him to join us, but upon seeing his version of anti-football I no longer want him in charge. He lost a lot of respect after the Barcelona games.

I'd have liked him to join us' date=' but upon seeing his version of anti-football I no longer want him in charge. He lost a lot of respect after the Barcelona games.[/quote']

If you don't want Maureen, we'll gladly take him. Give me his anti-football over our anti-shooting any day of the week.

I'd have liked him to join us' date=' but upon seeing his version of anti-football I no longer want him in charge. He lost a lot of respect after the Barcelona games.[/quote']

I'm not having a go at you or anything, but how else did you expect him to set his side up?

In his first ever clasico, he did try and play, but what was the final score?

Look, madrid have played some wonderful football at times this season, so judging him on just the clasico performances is not fair in my view.

He's still a brilliant coach, but i think he's more likely to retire before ferguson ;)

So you are saying instead of creating a chance' date=' ye [b']would rather keep the ball and pass it around then create a chance that could lead to a goal?[/b]

Thats how they play at the minute. Arsenal are one of the best passing sides around and thats their downfall, they get into half decent areas in and around the box but no-one has a shot, they try and pass the ball into the net. If they had someone who would take shots from the edge of the box they'd be sorted.

I don't buy it but I just like hearing the names thrown at us :P

Really who do you want then?

Not sure' date=' I think its too early to say. Moyes looks like a great manager, he just needs to start doing well in the first half of seasons :P Its too early to be discussing anyway... Closer to the time and we will see who has done what.

People forget that Mourinho's Chelsea were untouchable at times and at Inter.

Yep no doubting he is a great and extremely gifted manager. I just don't like the way he sets his teams up in a defensive manor and is that not the Man United way.

But like has been said, Mourinho will probably be retired before SAF :D

I'm not having a go at you or anything' date=' but how else did you expect him to set his side up?

In his first ever clasico, he did try and play, but what was the final score?

Look, madrid have played some wonderful football at times this season, so judging him on just the clasico performances is not fair in my view.

He's still a brilliant coach, but i think he's more likely to retire before ferguson ;)[/quote']

Mourinho is a great manager I'm not denying that but that ultra defensive approach he used it just ridiculous, I'd never want to see a United team line up like that. El Clasico is Madrids biggest game of the season, in the EPL we have 3 possibly even 4 teams where games vs them are just as big, would he line up like that against them? Probably. He's not the right man for Man United.

Not sure' date=' I think its too early to say. Moyes looks like a great manager, he just needs to start doing well in the first half of seasons :P Its too early to be discussing anyway... Closer to the time and we will see who has done what.

Yep no doubting he is a great and extremely gifted manager. I just don't like the way he sets his teams up in a defensive manor and is that not the Man United way.

But like has been said, Mourinho will probably be retired before SAF :D[/quote']

I dont like Mourinho because of Defensive game too,and also I wouldnt like him to be new united manager if he would stay for year or two.

Mourinho is a great manager I'm not denying that but that ultra defensive approach he used it just ridiculous' date=' I'd never want to see a United team line up like that. El Clasico is Madrids biggest game of the season, i[b']n the EPL we have 3 possibly even 4 teams where games vs them are just as big, would he line up like that against them? Probably.[/b] He's not the right man for Man United.

I guess you do have a point there mate, even with Chelsea, we saw them going out for the 1 nil win at times in the crucial matches, but only in the big games, generally they were pretty exciting to watch, and lets face it, none of our top four are any where near the levels of Barcelona, so i doubt he'll go out with 3 dm's every time.

I for one will be happy if he stays away from united, because with Mourinho, you're almost guaranteed to get results!

Thats how they play at the minute. Arsenal are one of the best passing sides around and thats their downfall' date=' they get into half decent areas in and around the box but no-one has a shot, they try and pass the ball into the net. If they had someone who would take shots from the edge of the box they'd be sorted.[/quote']

Your right allan.

Did you know that the Emirates is the only stadium in the premiere league where there hasnt been a goal scored from a shot outside the box ! :eek:

I read it on twitter earlier ;)

EDIT: Coincidence.... i think not !

Your right allan.

Did you know that the Emirates is the only stadium in the premiere league where there hasnt been a goal scored from a shot outside the box ! :eek:

50% of that must be there world class keeper :P

I know I lol'd at it aswell. Not sure how true any of it was' date=' probably none of it. [b']But I do reckon Fergie has scouts watching Messi and Barca a lot to try and figure out ways to counter them.[/b]

Not convinced he does myself. What are the scouts going to tell Fergie about Messi and the way Barcelona plays that he doesn't already know? Barcelona are probably the one team in world football that you simply don't need to scout because they play the exact same way in each and every match. Once you've seen them play once, you've seen them enough.

Figuring out how to set up your team to beat them is the tricky part.

Your right allan.

This season***