Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Respuesta: Official Red Devils thread

Manchester United the best team ever' date=' the best team for many years, the best team for ever[/quote']

And that's the main reason so many non Mancunians and non UK residents with absolutely no connection to Manchester or united choose to 'support' them - it's called 'glory hunting' :D

Just clicked reset on the record player - we are back to the start of my one track LP :D

Re: Respuesta: Official Red Devils thread

Pipe down you :P

Well up for a CL derby next season :D

Unless the bottlers sink to a new low you still have to qualify and it might not be be easy if you get one of the Spanish or Italian sides:) Hope you do qualify though, will be nice have 2 clubs each from London and the footballing capital;)

Class of '92 all invited for Neville's testimonial against Juve. Yorke, Johnsen, Berg, Schmeichel, Stam, Keane are also some of the names being thrown around. Crazy timing though:o have to pray neither Giggs (and Scholes) dosent do any damage if he plays. Why on earth couldnt this have been arranged after the season was well and truly over:confused:

Quite a LOT of rumours now indicating that its Stekelnburg we are after and NOT Neuer or De Gea.

Re: Official Red Devils thread

I'm loving Man City getting hyped about 'tearing the banner down' despite the fact that we have a number of options.

-Freeze it to show City they went 35 years without a trophy.

-Change it 43 years to show how long they've gone without a trophy.

-Keep it as some fans think they've bought a cup.

-Just take it down.

For the manager I think Fergie won't leave for another year or two. The hungers still there along with his health so I don't see why not he can't go on for longer. When he goes I'd take Mourinho. He went ultra negative against Barca, and came away with the Copa Del Ray. He had a great record with Chelsea that he'd replicate with United I'd expect.

and on the keeper front I'd love to have Neuar but I expect him to move to Bayern, never seen De Gea play but I understand he's meant to be good? I'd prefer Stekklenburg to De Gea as we can't be sure that De Gea is ready to be a No.1 goalkeeper for a club competiting at the highest level constantly.

Noooooooooo!!!!!

No No No No NOOOOOOOO!!!

An extract from an article on the officle man City website

Success means we’ll be welcoming a new generation of City fans from here in England and all over the globe, too, and when our new followers come on board, they’ll be welcomed with open arms into our ‘family’.

If I see any of you with a Man City avatar in the coming weeks you better expect to be derided :D

Perhaps you should concentrate on your own matches instead of those of others? (as per the advice of numerous people to me :D)

Here's a thought though - IF City win the Cup and United clinch the title - the city centre* will be interesting on Saturday night

*Manchester city centre that is - not Sarajevo or Dublin :D

Even you know that Manchester is Red ;)

Even you know that Manchester is Red ;)

I remember going shopping when the Trafford centre first opened - and rather sadly I decided to count the number of United shirts and City shirts with my son*.

In two hours we counted 6 City shirts and 0 united shirts.

That said - the true 'United hard core' don't wear the colour of their club - they wear black coats to make it difficult to identify them.

*Crikey - you can all now guestimate my age :D (shame I don't act it! :D)

Noooooooooo!!!!!

No No No No NOOOOOOOO!!!

An extract from an article on the officle man City website

If I see any of you with a Man City avatar in the coming weeks you better expect to be derided :D

Why couldnt this be posted on the City thread? Got nothing to with with United and lets be honest more than half of your fanbase is from stockport and yourself from trafford so if Manchester isnt red it isnt blue either.

And I have seen better attempts at spelling 'official' than that. Even the scousers could do better

I remember going shopping when the Trafford centre first opened - and rather sadly I decided to count the number of United shirts and City shirts with my son*.

In two hours we counted 6 City shirts and 0 united shirts.

That said - the true 'United hard core' don't wear the colour of their club - they wear black coats to make it difficult to identify them.

*Crikey - you can all now guestimate my age :D (shame I don't act it! :D)

your 54 ;D

I'm afraid that on the count of 6-0 we'll need some hard eveidence backed with a witness statement before we can actually judge whether or not you are indeed telling the truth.

Oh yeah and also I'm delighted that the Premier League will not present us with the trophy against Blackburn if we get that point. It means I'll be there to witness number 19! bel19ve.

Why couldnt this be posted on the City thread? Got nothing to with with United and lets be honest more than half of your fanbase is from stockport and yourself from trafford so if Manchester isnt red it isnt blue either.

And I have seen better attempts at spelling 'official' than that. Even the scousers could do better

I posted it here as the statement is something a lot of the posters here are familiar with.

Selecting to support a team who have become successful' date=' pretending to know the history etc :D:P:D - let's not play the record again though :D

The spelling of 'official' - no excuses for such a poor typo.

No wonder you go by the name of Hercule Poirot - super sleuth you are

your 54 ;D

I'm afraid that on the count of 6-0 we'll need some hard eveidence backed with a witness statement before we can actually judge whether or not you are indeed telling the truth.

Oh yeah and also I'm delighted that the Premier League will not present us with the trophy against Blackburn if we get that point. It means I'll be there to witness number 19! bel19ve.

54? I WISH - thats so close to retirement :D

I am telling the truth - but I am sure if the survey was done scientifically it would show United with slightly more fans in Manchester - albeit the majority don't even know what Old Trafford looks like ;)

Not being rude but isn't Hercule poirot that Belgium investigator guy on tv? Never watched it but heard of his name.

Yes - he is a fictional Agatha Christie character.

Being from Belgium no surprise he posts on the United forum.

All like my new avatar?

^^ this comment ;)

Anyone think we will actually get Sneijder?

The fact that he called United a beautiful club should suggest he wants to move to us. I really hope we sign him as he is exactly what we need. Plus I think Fergie is a huge fan of him.

Rumours today:

Manchester United look to have beaten off competition from Arsenal and Bayern Munich for Lens teenage defender Raphael Varane. - Metro, anyone ever see him play we've been linked to him a few times now.

Everton are eyeing up a summer loan swoop for Manchester United striker Danny Welbeck - The Sun

Manchester City are also set to gazump Manchester United with a £20m bid for Everton midfielder Jack Rodwell. - Daily Express

The fact that he called United a beautiful club should suggest he wants to move to us. I really hope we sign him as he is exactly what we need. Plus I think Fergie is a huge fan of him.

Rumours today:

Manchester United look to have beaten off competition from Arsenal and Bayern Munich for Lens teenage defender Raphael Varane. - Metro' date=' anyone ever see him play we've been linked to him a few times now.

Everton are eyeing up a summer loan swoop for Manchester United striker Danny Welbeck - The Sun

Manchester City are also set to gazump Manchester United with a £20m bid for Everton midfielder Jack Rodwell. - Daily Express[/quote']

Thank god for that.

Why whats he like and its the metro don't count on it :P

I have no idea. However, the words "teenage", "French" and "defender" sends shivers down my spine.

EDIT: Actually, it doesn't say he's french but i'll assume he is.

EDIT X2: Yes, he is french...."shudders"

Hes a good player that could turn out top class' date=' but we dont want to wait 6-7 years for a player to develop to try and get near a trophy.[/quote']
I have no idea. However' date=' the words "teenage", "French" and "defender" sends shivers down my spine.

EDIT: Actually, it doesn't say he's french but i'll assume he is.

EDIT X2: Yes, he is french...."shudders"[/quote']

I get it now lads lol