Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Feeling very pessimistic and nervous:(

Ah, well good win for us. The team did seem to be a bit nervous at times in the game (that is until we got the second goal), once we scored that we looked much more confident. The only part of the game we really did dominate were the first 4 minutes of the game!! Inter always looked good and if they had got a bit luckier they could have scored at least 2 odd goals. Ibra headed onto the post and Adriano hit the post as well (mind, had that gone in it would have been one of the best goals in the CL this season).

So finally we got a bit of luck against Jose in a game (and it was about time :P). The second goal really did come totally against the run of play. Inter came out of the tunnel all guns blazing but Santon lost the ball just outside the Manutd box and all of a sudden we scored a goal. Full credit to Giggs for the brilliant run and Rooney for the brilliant cross (don't think i'll see a better one than that soon ;)).

Anyway, relief for us and disappointment for Inter. Just like Real they can not get past the round of 16. This season we knocked them out, last season Liverpool did, the season before Valencia did (thanks to one of the best free-kicks i have ever seen, taken by Villa). ;):D

good lucay lads with the game make the best team win yous have the league its all about pride today so good luck lads ;):)

If they had the league they would proberly have been presented the trophy again by now ,if result meant they beat us today that no team could catch them on points then again they would with it being at home been presented with the trophy after the match .

Yes United are favourites and rightly so ,but you never take anything for granted because it can have a habit of biting you back ,its not an impossibility that we can not win so were not playing for pride were playing to give us still a chance of winning it though it still will be hard .

United are favourites and can only lose it but thats not the same as already won it ,we could win today but still find if we win every game and United actually dropped enough points for us to overtake we still dont get it because Chelsea on the same points as us now also win all remaining games and beat us on GD.:eek:

No one can forsee any season ending injuries that may happen in todays games or others to both sides big players ,nope they are favourites but they are not this yrs champs until they are beyond total reach ,then i will wish them all the best and give my respect like i always do to a great team ,but until then its just good luck and hopefully nobody gets a bad injury because we both want our best players for Euro to keep that in England and send Plattini over the top if dont get his 6-5.:D:)

We played really bad today and 4 was a bit extreme I thought but 3 didn't flatter Liverpool at all. Our defending at times was atrocious. Vidic for the first time had a really poor game and the Aurelio goal killed my hopes and when Dossena scored I switched of the TV straight away. Lets hope we don't throw away the title now and if we can win our game in hand we would still have a 7 point cushion. Rooney had a good game though, beat Aurelio a couple of times and put some decent crosses in.

And Liverpool fans not welcome. You won 4-1 be pleased about that, no need to rub it in:D

:(:(:(:(:(:(

I don't think Fergie will publicly criticise our support, as I think he has enough nous to steady the ship after a result like this, but I just wonder what he thinks privately about that game finishing in a half empty stadium. Today wasn't good but, given the past achievements of this group of players, I think the fans could have reacted better.

Yes United are favourites and rightly so ' date='but you never take anything for granted because it can have a habit of biting you back ,its not an impossibility that we can not win so were not playing for pride were playing to give us still a chance of winning it though it still will be hard.[/quote']

O well, Alan......looks you were correct (much to my horror and disappointment :P). No wonder us REDDEVIL's idol. :P:D

This really is not how i imagined my 2000th post to be but what the heck....

We've just lost 4-1 to Liverpool, and to add to that we have lost Vidic for the next 3 games. Bumpy times ahead with the game against Villa right around the corner. Fulham should not be a problem and people are expecting a backlash. IMO the score will either be 1-0 or 4/5-0. Just hope we can pull up our socks and get over this loss quickly. ;)

Fulham here we come !!! :D

P.S. All you United fans, show some love and join this group: http://forum.soccermanager.com/group.php?groupid=47 :P:)

This really is not how i imagined my 2000th post to be but what the heck....

We've just lost 4-1 to Liverpool' date=' and to add to that we have lost Vidic for the next 3 games. Bumpy times ahead with the game against Villa right around the corner. Fulham should not be a problem and people are expecting a backlash. IMO the score will either be 1-0 or 4/5-0. Just hope we can pull up our socks and get over this loss quickly. ;)

Fulham here we come !!! :D

P.S. All you United fans, show some love and join this group: http://forum.soccermanager.com/group.php?groupid=47 :P:)

with the way aston villa is playing right now (losing 2-0 to spurs) i don't see how worried you all can be :rolleyes:

well easy games ahead for ya.

with the way aston villa is playing right now (losing 2-0 to spurs) i don't see how worried you all can be :rolleyes:

well easy games ahead for ya.

Yeah, you do have a point.....Fulham ain't doing well atm and Villa seem to be playing quite poorly. But this is football, and if Villa decide to pull up their sock just before our match we might have a bit of a rocky time. :)

Our home games aren't that easy are they:eek:

Portsmouth

Villa

Spurs

Arsenal

???

None of them easy and away we haven't got that easy fixtures as well. Got Boro I think and Wigan and Fulham. All difficult teams especially the riverside where we struggle

Well, considering Pomey's form off late they should not be too much of a problem. ;)

Villa to have been under performing. Only 5 points in their last 6 games !!! And if they continue to play the way they are currently then they should not be too much of a problem either. But if O' Neil gets organizes the team well and Villa suddenly decide that they are gonna have to pull up their socks they, yeah we are in a spot of trouble. :P

Spurs......well they have been playing quite well of late. Regaining their form, and building up momentum. Both the games we have had against then have ended in draws so they might be a bit of a problem.

The last home and the toughest game is against Arsenal (the game is on my B-Day :)). All of us know just too well that anything can happen in a ManUtd vs Arsenal game. We must be prepared to drop points and really must make an effort to try seal the season before entering this game. It would make life a whole lot better. :o:)

Our home games aren't that easy are they:eek:

Portsmouth

Villa

Spurs

Arsenal

???

None of them easy and away we haven't got that easy fixtures as well. Got Boro I think and Wigan and Fulham. All difficult teams especially the riverside where we struggle

Pompey hasnt been in good form recently but there's a chance of us winning the fixture. The ones in bold wont be quite easy for them as they were in good form especially Arsenal' date=' who won 4-0 against Blackburn on Sunday.

Tottenham hasnt improved their form lately, and there's no chance of them sneaking out of the relegation battle. So I dont think we can beat them but there's a fair chance of us winning by a few goals.

My Prediction:

Portsmouth - 3-1 win

Aston Villa - 2-0 win

Tottenham - 3-1 win

Arsenal FC - 1-0 [i']or[/i] 2-1 win

Pompey hasnt been in good form recently but there's a chance of us winning the fixture. The ones in bold wont be quite easy for them as they were in good form especially Arsenal' date=' who won 4-0 against Blackburn on Sunday.

Tottenham hasnt improved their form lately, and there's no chance of them sneaking out of the relegation battle.[b']So I dont think we can beat them but there's a fair chance of us winning by a few goals.[/b]

My Prediction:

Portsmouth - 3-1 win

Aston Villa - 2-0 win

Tottenham - 3-1 win

Arsenal FC - 1-0 or 2-1 win

Bit in bold is contradictory:D

Actually Tottenham has been in good form. They have improved their form considerably and i would seriously be shocked if they are relegated. How can you say that they have no chance of sneaking out of the relegation battle if they are not even involved in it? They are 11th, which is about mid-table and they beat Aston Villa yesterday so they are going to be tough. They look a better team with Robbie Keane back.

[b']Tottenham hasnt improved their form lately, and there's no chance of them sneaking out of the relegation battle.[/b] So I dont think we can beat them but there's a fair chance of us winning by a few goals.

My Prediction:

Portsmouth - 3-1 win

Aston Villa - 2-0 win

Tottenham - 3-1 win

Arsenal FC - 1-0 or 2-1 win

Will have to disagree with you there mate. They are really gaining momentum now. They have managed a total of 11 points in their last 6 games which is not bad. They are now 11th on the table, 6 points above relegation zone. ;)

Those are optimistic predictions. I would love them to come true but i do have my doubts...... :)

Will have to disagree with you there mate. They are really gaining momentum now. They have managed a total of 11 points in their last 6 games which is not bad. They are now 11th on the table' date=' 6 points above relegation zone. ;)

[b']Those are optimistic predictions. I would love them to come true but i do have my doubts......[/b] :)

Same here:)

I don't think this International break could have come at a better time. We've lost the last two games fair and square, no excuses, but we have played somewhere in the region of nine or ten more games than Chelsea and Liverpool. As vulgar as it is, I think there's a chance you'll see one or two phantom injuries from United players over the International period. And, whilst it's not an admirable part of the game, the break will benefit us in the run-in.

I don't think this International break could have come at a better time. We've lost the last two games fair and square' date=' no excuses, but we have played somewhere in the region of nine or ten more games than Chelsea and Liverpool. As vulgar as it is, I think there's a chance you'll see one or two phantom injuries from United players over the International period. And, whilst it's not an admirable part of the game, the break will benefit us in the run-in.[/quote']

Yeah, i really couldn't agree more with ya. The international break has come at the right time for united. They really will be able to rest, recover and get their act together. On the other hand the break has come for the wrong time for Liverpool. They have been on fire off late and they might just loose a bit of steam during the break (at least i kope they do :P). :)

Yeah' date=' i really couldn't agree more with ya. The international break has come at the right time for united. They really will be able to rest, recover and get their act together. On the other hand the break has come for the wrong time for Liverpool. [b']They have been on fire off late and they might just loose a bit of steam during the break[/b] (at least i kope they do :P). :)

I'd rather they didn't lose steam, I'd rather they lost players!!

Torres' suspect hamstrings to go during a Spain match and Gerrard to get wiped out (obviously in the last minute with England already 4-0 up ;) )

That would do nicely....... :D

I'd rather they didn't lose steam' date=' I'd rather they lost players!!

Torres' suspect hamstrings to go during a Spain match and Gerrard to get wiped out (obviously in the last minute with England already 4-0 up ;) )

That would do nicely....... :D[/quote']

LOL. :D Good to see ya back Craig....hope you've been doing much much better than United have off late. :P:)