Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils thread

City make me laugh' date=' they wait 35 years for a trophy and when it arrives there still in our shadow!

[/quote']

You have to start by somewhere.. Chelsea was 25 years(??) without win a trophy and now are rivaling you.. you can expect City to do the same from now, as they have the winning mentality and the trophy they needed to move to the next level.

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Wasnt it the FA cup what Fergie won 1st also which saved him from the SACK?

was the season they nearly got relegated and most man united fans wanted him gone (and had it been just about any other club in england he would have gone)

was the season they nearly got relegated and most man united fans wanted him gone (and had it been just about any other club in england he would have gone)
If only he had gone :P

To be fair to the Man Utd fans im talking about thought they wouldnt have known that as its just behind when they started supporting them ;)

I think that is the main problem for Real Madrid,United was patient with Fergie,and Real is changing managers from season to season,if they dont win everything in first season,he is terrible etc.

Sneijder and Neuer are my main targets with Neymar a dream 3rd lol

If Sneijder doesnt move which i dont think he will, Fergie will go for Defour maybe, his injuries have ruined him past 2 seasons, Maybe go after his team mate Witsel? Witsel in the form of his life this season.

If Sneijder doesnt move which i dont think he will' date=' Fergie will go for Defour maybe, his injuries have ruined him past 2 seasons, Maybe go after his team mate Witsel? Witsel in the form of his life this season.[/quote']

If we don't get Sneijder I think we're screwed. We need him and he is the only player of his quality to express an interest in joining of late.

Defour and Witsel can stay don't want them tbh. We have too many young players in them positions.

Now that West Ham are down' date=' how about we snap up Parker? Add's some bite and give's Fletcher some competition for 2 years.

Some great results, just hope City don't make 2nd place now.[/quote']

Nope he's just another Fletcher. Not saying Fletcher isn't good, he is brilliant but we don't need another. Sneijder Sneijder Sneijder.. have I made my point clear? :D

Nope he's just another Fletcher. Not saying Fletcher isn't good' date=' he is brilliant but we don't need another. Sneijder Sneijder Sneijder.. have I made my point clear? :D[/quote']

Actually, in my view he's more similar to the way Carrick plays, not Fletcher.

Simple solution' date=' stick Rooney up alongside Hernandez and have two goal scoring machines with Sneijder for support with Fletcher holding.[/quote']

And drop who from the midfield? It would mean a complete formation reshuffle which could be a disaster, look at Chelsea when they tried to change from 433. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see him sign but I don't see it.

And drop who from the midfield? It would mean a complete formation reshuffle which could be a disaster' date=' look at Chelsea when they tried to change from 433. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see him sign but I don't see it.[/quote']

Carrick doesn't do anything Sneijder can't do. All I ever notice Carrick doing is the odd tackle and a short pass to the nearest player to him, Sneijder can do that and he can shoot and he has set pieces. Carrick doesn't do that much.

Yeah but the main difference is I rarely do it on your thread. (ian:rolleyes:)

That's bull, you were on the City thread more than you were on here yesterday. Ian posts pretty regularly on both threads and was proven right yesterday by a select group of United 'fans' (you included). You won the title yesterday and all you could comment on was City's FA Cup win! You've got a CL final coming up and all you can talk about is hoping City don't come higher in the league! Closet blue if ever I've seen one ;)

EDIT: Barry, how sick would you be if City signed Sneijder? :P

Carrick doesn't do anything Sneijder can't do. All I ever notice Carrick doing is the odd tackle and a short pass to the nearest player to him' date=' Sneijder can do that and he can shoot and he has set pieces. Carrick doesn't do that much.[/quote']

Rubbish! Completely irrelevant point, since Carrick and Sneijder's roles are COMPLETELY different. Crikey, you guys really don't realise how key Carrick is to how you play. Replacing him with Sneijder would be like Barca replacing Busquets with Sneijder.

That's bull' date=' you were on the City thread more than you were on here yesterday. Ian posts pretty regularly on both threads and was proven right yesterday by a select group of United 'fans' (you included). You won the title yesterday and all you could comment on was City's FA Cup win! You've got a CL final coming up and all you can talk about is hoping City don't come higher in the league! Closet blue if ever I've seen one ;)

EDIT: Barry, how sick would you be if City signed Sneijder? :P[/quote']

I posted 3 times on the City thread and 4 on here I think. No-one else is talking about the CL Final as we don't know what to talk about, no injuries or squads press conferances.

Rubbish! Completely irrelevant point' date=' since Carrick and Sneijder's roles are COMPLETELY different. Crikey, you guys really don't realise how key Carrick is to how you play. Replacing him with Sneijder would be like Barca replacing Busquets with Sneijder.[/quote']

Couldn't agree more. Carrick is vital in the centre of the park, he's worked on his tackles over the years, and harasses the opposing midfield whenever united lose the ball. Add to that his ability at picking out a pass(the one to giggs, then giggs to hernandez springs to mind), long or short, you would think that united fans should know his worth as they watch more of him than i do.

City Thread

Congratulations the £380m you've spent has been rewarded with an FA Cup!!!

And I'll be annoyed if Micah Richards and Balotelli are not hit with 2 match bans for swearing live on TV.

As well as the fact that when Lech Poznan did it to them they started singing "what the f'ing hell was that".

The banner will stay up' date=' we'll freeze it or change it to when you last won the league (43 years)[/quote']

Naah I just find it great they've won a trophy.

United Thread

They spent 380m for an FA Cup.

Micah Richards just swore in the interview that's a ban.

How is it a different context?
Liverpool - Living in History

United - Making History

I posted 3 times on the City thread and 4 on here I think. No-one else is talking about the CL Final as we don't know what to talk about' date=' no injuries or squads press conferances.[/quote']

3 on each and 2 of your posts on the United thread were about City...

Carrick doesn't do anything Sneijder can't do. All I ever notice Carrick doing is the odd tackle and a short pass to the nearest player to him' date=' Sneijder can do that and he can shoot and he has set pieces. Carrick doesn't do that much.[/quote']

For me they are two different players.

Carricks does more breaking up of play then Sneijder whereas Wesley also seems to attack and rarely defend.

My Ideal Signings;

De Gea

Parker/Rodwell (rodwell might be too pricey)

Sneijder

Out

Gibson

Bebe

Kusczak

Here's how I think we'd line-up

De Gea

Rafael/Fabio (whichever ones fit at the time)

Vida

Rio

Evra

Valencia

Sneijder

Carrick/(rodwell or parker)

Nani

Hernandez/Berba

Rooney