• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Re: Official Red Devils thread

EDIT: Barry' date=' how sick would you be if City signed Sneijder? :P[/quote']

Sickened lol

What about Nasri he looks to be on his way from Arsenal possibly

Would love him to join but he never would nor would Wenger let him :P

Rubbish! Completely irrelevant point' date=' since Carrick and Sneijder's roles are COMPLETELY different. Crikey, you guys really don't realise how key Carrick is to how you play. Replacing him with Sneijder would be like Barca replacing Busquets with Sneijder.[/quote']

But Fletcher does that better than Carrick! Sneijder is what we need a creative midfielder

I don't see how Sneijder wouldn't fit in, depending on the game. Look at it this season, our best midfield line-up has been

Valencia Carrick Giggs Nani/Park

Sneijder would be a great replacement for Giggs in there and lets face it qho would have ever though Giggs would be playing CM like that! I know Sneijder plays more attackingly for Inter ATM but I personally think he has the tools to play in Giggs-type role alongside Carrick.

I don't see how Sneijder wouldn't fit in' date=' depending on the game. Look at it this season, our best midfield line-up has been

Valencia Carrick Giggs Nani/Park

Sneijder would be a great replacement for Giggs in there and lets face it qho would have ever though Giggs would be playing CM like that! I know Sneijder plays more attackingly for Inter ATM but I personally think he has the tools to play in Giggs-type role alongside Carrick.[/quote']

What I was thinking but replace Fletcher with Carrick of course :P

Anyway if we don't sign him who would we go for? VDV?

What I was thinking but replace Fletcher with Carrick of course :P

Anyway if we don't sign him who would we go for? VDV?

I think Carrick is more crucial in there, don't get me wrong really like Fletcher as a player but I think Carrick and the job he does is more important to the system. Anyway, its all about squad rotation.

If we do to go Tottenham for anyone, for me I would love to see Modric come here... Now what a player he is and could fit in perfectly to the United midfield. Been a massive fan since his Zagreb days, Tottenham are also our feeder club so it could be possible. :D Would nearly rather see him than Sneijder.

I think Carrick is more crucial in there' date=' don't get me wrong really like Fletcher as a player but I think Carrick and the job he does is more important to the system. Anyway, its all about squad rotation.

If we do to go Tottenham for anyone, for me I would love to see Modric come here... Now what a player he is and could fit in perfectly to the United midfield. Been a massive fan since his Zagreb days, Tottenham are also our feeder club so it could be possible. :D Would nearly rather see him than Sneijder.[/quote']

I think Fletcher is much better tbh. His energy plus tackling is great.

Modric hasn't been that impressive in my eyes tbh. Would much prefer Sneijder or VDV than him. Even though VDV would be way more in the Rooney role than Sneijder.

Riquelme would have been great a few years back :P

I think Fletcher is much better tbh. His energy plus tackling is great.

Modric hasn't been that impressive in my eyes tbh. Would much prefer Sneijder or VDV than him. Even though VDV would be way more in the Rooney role than Sneijder.

Riquelme would have been great a few years back :P

Same for Zidane:p

Neuers move to Bayern is as good as done' date=' we'll probably get Stekelenburg.[/quote']

Yeah, it's a shame really as a lot of Bayern fans hate Neuer (can't remember why exactly).

If we would sign Sneijder it would more than make up for loosing out on Neuer. United's coaching staff could improve any talented keeper, so I'd hapily take Stekelenburg too :)

Neuers move to Bayern is as good as done' date=' we'll probably get Stekelenburg.[/quote']

The rumors/links regarding Adler have died down, sadly. I would love to have him at United. Reading the latest comments by Gill, I feel we could be on the verge of signing De Gea. Not a bad choice at all. If not Adler, then De Gea seems quite a good option. Would prefer him over Stekelenburg.

Bit of Banter between Michael Owen and Piers Morgan from all people on twitter

Owen Tweeted:

Filling out the forms so I can buy my allocation of 16 tickets for the Champions League Final. Just seen the price of them. £225 each. Joke.

Piers Morgan retweeted:

Tightwad RT @themichaelowen Filling out forms for my allocation of 16 tickets for CL Final. Just seen the price of them. £225 each. Joke.

followed by this tweet:

Shall we all have a whip-round for poor old @themichaelowen so he can afford his CL Final tickets? He must be down to his last £30 million.
:D:p

Owen then responded:

@piersmorgan you're lively today Mr Morgan! Doesn't matter to me how much they are as I'm not buying one but £225 to watch a football match?

Morgan replied:

@themichaelowen Remember, you won't need a ticket yourself, mate - you can sit on the bench as usual.

and then the latest one from Morgan:

@themichaelowen Barca are worth every penny. Especially when they smash you lot 5-0. #GoMessi
Not too sure about that :rolleyes:

:D:D

Bit of Banter between Michael Owen and Piers Morgan from all people on twitter

Owen Tweeted:

Piers Morgan retweeted:

followed by this tweet:

:D:p

Owen then responded:

Morgan replied:

and then the latest one from Morgan:

Not too sure about that :rolleyes:

:D:D

He always take's the mick out of footballers such as Rio' date=' Rooney and Micheal Owen as well as Alan Sugar. I think it's his way of getting followers because no-one finds him intresting.

[url']http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/05/12/2482849/manchester-city-hoping-to-beat-united-to-signing-of-evertons[/url]

You can have him City, not really sure he is what we need for 20 million.

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/leaked-manchester-united-home-shirt-201112_11237

Might have been posted before, not sure. Don't like and would prefer the shirt we have now, although I might take to it in person. That's if it is the shirt.

If what Fergie says is true then I hope we sign

1. A Goalkeeper. Stekelenburg in all likelihood and from what I've seen of him a pretty safe choice. De Gea probably has more talent and potential but at the reported 20m I would class him as a high risk signing.

2. A CM who's competent defensively and going forward. IMO perfect choice would be someone like Banega. Almost a perfect player for a 2 man midfield. A highly unlikely signing though. Wouldn't mind Modric either, been really impressive in a slightly deeper role and love the way he almost seems to glide with the ball.

Hope we dont sign an out and out attacking midfielder. Thats Rooney's position and having him there gives us so many options with the way the team can be setup depending on the opposition.

I've heard City fans are planning to have a ticker, indicating the last time we won the FA cup:eek: Surely they cant be that thick...

Anyone see the banner at anfield at the match yesterday that the united fans put up?

:D

224168_10150174693346723_578556722_7385412_427611_n.jpg

Brilliant.

Loopy - As the banner was unfurled at Anfield yesterday

a mickey asked what it said. '****** read it' was the response. ha ha. The look on their faces was quality.

We'd been planning this for years and i'm buzzin it's come off. We'd gotten 2 tickets in the Anfield upper and got the banner made on Friday. As we walked up towards the ground i had the biggest ****** grin on me head knowing we were about to pull it off. My only worry was not getting in with it. I shouldn't have worried. A few beers on the concourse and we waited for YNWA to start as that was our signal to go. We walked down to the front of the teir and unfurled it. We had to hold it up cos there was nothing to tie it onto and it was up for for roughly 40 seconds before i got launched by the stewards. A bit of spit and that was all. It was a ****** scouse slag that spat at me too i think

Fair play to the Spurs fans who were buzzin and we threw it down into their end. Afterwards we walked round the ground and then had a couple of pints near Goodison with an Everton lad my mate knew and got a call saying their lads were looking for us. Not suprising really is it!

All in all we had a result and believe me it happened and any scouser who says that picture isn't for real then they're blagging.

MUFC 19 TIMES!