Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Manchester United expect to sign £17.5m Atletico Madrid goalkeeper David De Gea within two weeks.

Manchester United are confident of signing £17.5 million Atletico Madrid goalkeeper David de Gea in the next two weeks.

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has identified De Gea as the perfect long-term replacement for Edwin van der Sar and the Premier League champions have been talking to the Spaniard for several weeks about a move.

De Gea had suggested he will wait until the end of June before making a decision but Goal.com understands the Red Devils are expecting to land their man within a week of the Champions League final against Barcelona on May 28.

“We know the keeper we want and are in a good position, and I'm sure we can get the deal done,” said chief executive David Gill last Sunday.

He was talking about De Gea, 20, who has indicated he feels the opportunity to join United is too good to turn down and is ready to reject a new contract offer from Atletico, where his current deal expires in 2013.

A deal worth £17.5m has been agreed in principal with United for some time and Ferguson is convinced the Spain under-21 international has the ability to be the club's No.1 for many years.

The Scot even missed United's League Cup win at Shorpe earlier this season to watch De Gea in action and has continued his pursuit despite goalkeeping coach Erik Steel's preference for Schalke's Manuel Neuer, who is close to a move to Bayern Munich.

Further indication that United are close to signing to De Gea is provided by the fact the representatives of Maarten Stekelenburg have accepted the Ajax goalkeeper is going to miss out on his dream move and are now encouraging talks with other clubs.

Ferguson spoke earlier this week about his desire to sign three players in the summer transfer window, with a goalkeeper his most pressing concern as 40-year-old Van der Sar is retiring at the end of the season.

De Gea, who has been compared to Real Madrid and Spain keeper Iker Casillas, broke into the Atletico side in 2009 before helping the club to win the Europa League last season and the Uefa Super Cup in August

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Manchester United expect to sign £17.5m Atletico Madrid goalkeeper David De Gea within two weeks.

Manchester United are confident of signing £17.5 million Atletico Madrid goalkeeper David de Gea in the next two weeks.

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has identified De Gea as the perfect long-term replacement for Edwin van der Sar and the Premier League champions have been talking to the Spaniard for several weeks about a move.

De Gea had suggested he will wait until the end of June before making a decision but Goal.com understands the Red Devils are expecting to land their man within a week of the Champions League final against Barcelona on May 28.

“We know the keeper we want and are in a good position' date=' and I'm sure we can get the deal done,” said chief executive David Gill last Sunday.

He was talking about De Gea, 20, who has indicated he feels the opportunity to join United is too good to turn down and is ready to reject a new contract offer from Atletico, where his current deal expires in 2013.

A deal worth £17.5m has been agreed in principal with United for some time and Ferguson is convinced the Spain under-21 international has the ability to be the club's No.1 for many years.

The Scot even missed United's League Cup win at Shorpe earlier this season to watch De Gea in action and has continued his pursuit despite goalkeeping coach Erik Steel's preference for Schalke's Manuel Neuer, who is close to a move to Bayern Munich.

Further indication that United are close to signing to De Gea is provided by the fact the representatives of Maarten Stekelenburg have accepted the Ajax goalkeeper is going to miss out on his dream move and are now encouraging talks with other clubs.

Ferguson spoke earlier this week about his desire to sign three players in the summer transfer window, with a goalkeeper his most pressing concern as 40-year-old Van der Sar is retiring at the end of the season.

De Gea, who has been compared to Real Madrid and Spain keeper Iker Casillas, broke into the Atletico side in 2009 before helping the club to win the Europa League last season and the Uefa Super Cup in August[/quote']

Hope we get him, would be my first choice apart from Neaur.

Says 'Ryan' who has spent every day since City won the FA Cup on the City thread looool

I bet ANY money that Ryan will be staying over in Manchester to visit the City centre to celebrate on Monday night

On a different note

I see people are naming the dirty rotten United player called "CTB" all over the net now.

Some 'model professional' this United player is - to do that to his loving wife and family and an innocent young Welsh girl.

Poor Imogen - used by this dirty love rat and then silenced by the bully boy

LOOOOOOL

Says 'Ryan' who has spent every day since City won the FA Cup on the City thread looool

I bet ANY money that Ryan will be staying over in Manchester to visit the City centre to celebrate on Monday night

On a different note

I see people are naming the dirty rotten United player called "CTB" all over the net now.

Some 'model professional' this United player is - to do that to his loving wife and family and an innocent young Welsh girl.

LOOOOOOL

I actually said that because all he seems to do it stalk where I post and post the same thing :rolleyes:

I actually said that because all he seems to do it stalk where I post and post the same thing :rolleyes:

Yeah but doesn't explain why you are spending so much time on Citys thread these days - only since they won something which is odd....wouldn't want to call you a glory huntet LOOOOOOL

On a different note

LOOOOOOL

I heard CTB is on a CTB.

Can't we just name him?

Not as if anyone's going to sue us.

and does CTB mean?

CTB means dirty scummy United player who claims to be a model professional yet takes advantage of girls - whilst this wife and family stay at home.

Once he gets busted he uses bully boy tactics to try and keep the news secret

Lowest of the low in my eyes - worse than Rooney paying for brass

A DISGRACE!!!!

CTB means dirty scummy United player who claims to be a model professional yet takes advantage of girls - whilst this wife and family stay at home.

Once he gets busted he uses bully boy tactics to try and keep the news secret

Lowest of the low in my eyes - worse than Rooney paying for brass

A DISGRACE!!!!

Is it true though?

Even if it is I couldn't care less :P I mean if it was a City player or Arsenal etc I'd care an awful lot and call him a disgrace but if he plays well on the pitch I couldn't care what he does outside of games.

Is it true though?

Even if it is I couldn't care less :P I mean if it was a City player or Arsenal etc I'd care an awful lot and call him a disgrace but if he plays well on the pitch I couldn't care what he does outside of games.

It's being announced on US websites who this scum bag is - they aren't strangled by his pathetic attempts to keep his 'model professional' staus intact.

Nice double standards though - so long as he plays well for United then he can ruin anyones life.

Nice!

Personally not that interested in what footballers do in their private lives.

I normally don't care TBH.

On this occasion I do though - this particular player has been portrayed (for MANY years) and marketed as a well behaved sinless role model to millions of children and fans whilst he has been secretly betraying his wife and family, and then he uses bully boy tactics to silence the poor girl he took advantage of.

It's being announced on US websites who this scum bag is - they aren't strangled by his pathetic attempts to keep his 'model professional' staus intact.

Nice double standards though - so long as he plays well for United then he can ruin anyones life.

Nice!

If it is him which it maybe I'm hardly going to hate him over something non United related. Obviously it's a terrible thing to do though.

I normally don't care TBH.

On this occasion I do though - this particular player has been portrayed (for MANY years) and marketed as a well behaved sinless role model to millions of children and fans whilst he has been secretly betraying his wife and family' date=' and then he uses bully boy tactics to silence the poor girl he took advantage of.[/quote']

To be fair though, I have no sympathy for a dirty slapper who just wants to make a quick buck by selling the story to a newspaper. I don't like the idea of the whole super-injunction, but the "victim" gets no support from me.

To be fair though' date=' I have no sympathy for a dirty slapper who just wants to make a quick buck by selling the story to a newspaper. I don't like the idea of the whole super-injunction, but the "victim" gets no support from me.[/quote']

I think she has been unfairly treated - regardless of the fact she tried to sell her story.

Only a few weeks ago people were calling for this 'model pro' to be made a 'knight'

Enough said though - I am sure United fans all over the world don't vare about the moral of such a long standing club servant so long as they have more titles than Liverpool it's allll ok :D

Nice!

I bet my life that if this was a City player you wouldn't be saying the same.

I think she has been unfairly treated - regardless of the fact she tried to sell her story.

She deserves all of it. She goes out with more professional footballers than I have hot dinners (student budget and all that...!). The girl is a fame-hungry, attention-seeking hoe. Full stop.

(I'd still give her one, mind! :D)