Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Think he is part of the small group of genuine footballers left who never got carried away with the fame or money... Remember reading before that he doesn't even go out that much and prefers to do gardening and watch his rabbits or summit lol

Watching Chicharitos interviews I think he could be the same' date=' but only time will tell I guess.

(Then again, we all thought this about a certain you-know-who. :D)[/quote']

When Giggs was young - 17-21 he was out nearly every weekend in the clubs around Manchester and Altrincham (Hale/Bowden etc) (Discoteque Royales for a favourite)

Him and Sharpe were always pretty well tanked....and rumours at the time weren't just about beer. Of course they were rumours though as Giggs would never do anything to ruin his staus as model professional

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Fantastic game, 4-1 deserved winners, Morrison wasn't amazing for the entire night, but when he got the ball with a few yards of room, boy was he something else. Can see him playing for United in the near future.

Keane is such an assured player on the ball, quality finishing, his scoring record this season speaks for itself.

When Giggs was young - 17-21 he was out nearly every weekend in the clubs around Manchester and Altrincham (Hale/Bowden etc) (Discoteque Royales for a favourite)

Him and Sharpe were always pretty well tanked....and rumours at the time weren't just about beer. Of course they were rumours though as Giggs would never do anything to ruin his staus as model professional

Gareth Barry is also supposed to have had an affair and taken out an injunction as well so City players are hardly innoncent,plus the fact Adam Johnson is supposed to be getting drunk every weekend as well:).

Over the season the best team will win the league and the worst will end at the bottom.

10 times Blackpool scored 2 goals and didn't win.

It's OK to be gung ho if you can at least defend.

As much as I admire Holloway for the way he tried to play football - sometimes you just have to get results - which in my eye is why Fergie wins so much and Arsene Wenger doesn't.

Win ugly and you get 3pts - 'lose pretty' and you get no points

I also believe that over 38 games the teams generally deserve where there are at the table-whether it be first or relegated. What I'm saying is that they provided more entertainment for even neutral fans than many other teams and they will be missed. I don't think I said at all that Blackpool DESERVED to stay up, but just that it would be nice. That's the point I was trying to make in my original post anyway, clearly it wasn't clear what I was getting at though:p

Gareth Barry is also supposed to have had an affair and taken out an injunction as well so City players are hardly innoncent' date='plus the fact Adam Johnson is supposed to be getting drunk every weekend as well:).[/quote']

Don't forget Toure is ON DRUGS!!!! people. Ballotelli has a terible disiplinary record, Tevez EMBARASSES his club by signing a new contract and then wanting to leave. Adebayor says that his relationship with Mancini leaves a lot to be desired. Things are not all rosy and red at City, thats for sure. Every team has thier ups and downs, but remeber this was supposed to be the weakest United team for a while and look what they did. United, even at a supposedly weak stage, are still the finest in England and have a shot at the UCL final.

Don't forget Toure is ON DRUGS!!!! people. Ballotelli has a terible disiplinary record' date=' Tevez EMBARASSES his club by signing a new contract and then wanting to leave. Adebayor says that his relationship with Mancini leaves a lot to be desired. Things are not all rosy and red at City, thats for sure. Every team has thier ups and downs, but remeber this was supposed to be the weakest United team for a while and look what they did. United, even at a supposedly weak stage, are still the finest in England and have a shot at the UCL final.[/quote']

Hahaha, so much wrong with the stuff you're putting about City :D Feel free to go on the correct thread if you wish to discuss further :)

On paper, this is a weak United squad and without Fergie you wouldn't have done half as well. Basically what Radebe put earlier...

Doesn't half make me chuckle some of the dross that gets posted on here.

1) I wouldn't swap our squad for any other in the Premier League - the results speak for themselves.

2) Giggs is an idiot if he has done what is looking pretty certain he did. Has nothing to do with football, he has to answer to his wife and kids. To suggest that he is any worse or better than drug takers/Gerrard brawling/John Terry is for the brainless to debate.

He will get stick from rival fans and rightly so. He still has 12 titles though.

Corrected for you ;):P

Valid point mate - he is worth Mike Phelan's weight in gold.

I stand by my original quote though. I wouldn't take Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool/City squad over ours. Certainly there are a few players from each that you could argue may get into a United line-up in theory, but overall I believe the team and squad is better than the competition domestically and only trails Barcelona outside of that and , in all fairness, everyone trails Barcelona who have a current generation of exceptional talent.

Valid point mate - he is worth Mike Phelan's weight in gold.

I stand by my original quote though. I wouldn't take Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool/City squad over ours. Certainly there are a few players from each that you could argue may get into a United line-up in theory' date=' but overall I believe the team and squad is better than the competition domestically and only trails Barcelona outside of that and , in all fairness, everyone trails Barcelona who have a current generation of exceptional talent.[/quote']

I think it is mostly personal opinion. A lot of your squad are mid table PL players, Fergie just gets so much out of them that it is scary. I think that if you swap Fergie and Wenger, Arsenal would win the league, and by a more comfortable margin. Same with Chelsea and Man City arguably.

Team is the operative word though, he builds teams out of ordinary to good players, with a couple of stars, like no other has and probably never will.

Totaly agree' date=' it would take a brainless idiot to say getting into a pub brawl is anywhere close to betraying your wife and kids for a dirty nights s_x

They aint even close, and just because its not on the football pitch doesn't mean people shouldnt talk about it, the mancs are the FIRST to jump on any other thread on this forum when its another player

12 titles has nothing to do with it, people have not questioned his ability or his achievments (they speak for themselves), they are questioning his "golden boy" , "great example of a person" image he made over the years[/quote']

1. Struggle to see your point in relation to my comment other than your maybe suggesting I am a brainless idiot for not condemning Giggs over Gerrard as per your example ???? (I expressed an apathy to both - although cheating on your missus won't get you locked up.)

2. The Manc's being the first to jump on any other thread? I am a Manc and you will not find anything of me posting on any other teams thread in the way that bleeding heart Liverpool and City fans troll this thread.

3. 12 titles has plenty to do with it for me - Whatever Giggs does off the field is his concern, his record and performance on the pitch is the extend to which I and anyone else on this forum can fairly judge him as that is the only area where we can make a proper judgement. I don;t think he has ever put himself forward as role model it has just panned out that way until now.

I think it is mostly personal opinion. A lot of your squad are mid table PL players' date=' Fergie just gets so much out of them that it is scary. I think that if you swap Fergie and Wenger, Arsenal would win the league, and by a more comfortable margin. Same with Chelsea and Man City arguably.

Team is the operative word though, he builds teams out of ordinary to good players, with a couple of stars, like no other has and probably never will.[/quote']

It's an opinions game mate ..... and I would would also agree that Fergie makes the whole better than the sum of it's parts. Even with my impartial head on, there is only 3 positions in our best starting XI where I believe a better option lies elsewhere.....

I agreed with you and no I don't think you are a brainless idiot and 99% of the time a brawl wouldnt get you locked up either.

Never said every single one and I never said you' date=' I just ment on here a lot of fans are happy to go around other threads trying to wind up people but as soon as people come on here posting stuff they take offense.

When judging someones morals and other stuff, football plays NO part, just like if you had saw someone do something on the news and we talked about it (and he wasnt a footballer) , being a footballer shouldnt mean you never get judged on other things.

I had nothing against Giggs, in fact you will find countless times I have done nothing but praise him on here (just like I did Berba) , I just dont have any respect for people (not just players) who are willing to do that to there family for a bit of s_x , its pathetic.

As for fans posting on other boards, this is a board about Man Utd, not a board just for Man Utd fans I think people get confused.

It's like saying any fan who doesn't support a team in the CL can't comment on the CL thread about the tourament.

People have opinions and enjoy talking football to a variety of people not just there own team.[/quote']

1. Fair enough mate

2. Fair enough - there some United 'fans' who do not help themselves on here I would agree.

3. Again fair enough - there is certainly a grey area depending on your own morals I suppose on how you judge celebrities/people etc. My view is I reserve judgement unless I am close enough to the case/person to know the why's and what's.

In terms of people posting on this thread who are non-United fans - Obviously I don;t have a problem on the whole - It's a forum for people to express opinions - my frustration lies in popping on here to discuss a football related issue normally to be faced by pages people bickering - usually about the same old stuff.

Maybe a new, off-shoot thread is in order for people that want to have a footballing debate???

Fantastic game' date=' 4-1 deserved winners, Morrison wasn't amazing for the entire night, but when he got the ball with a few yards of room, boy was he something else. Can see him playing for United in the near future.

Keane is such an assured player on the ball, quality finishing, his scoring record this season speaks for itself.[/quote']

Both Morrison and Pogba could do with working a little harder but when they have the ball they really are fantastic. Both should ideally be playing for the reserves full time next season, way too good for the U18's. Paddy reckons this is the best group of youngsters since '92:cool:

btw that was our 10th FA Youth Cup - a record;)