Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils thread

"We've been working on it for quite a while, we identified him a while back as one we should go for.

"He's a young goalkeeper, very quick, with good composure and presence.

"He's an outstanding replacement for Edwin van der Sar.

"We were looking for someone with the same types of qualities. One great quality Edwin always had was his composure and organisational ability.

"David De Gea is very similar that way."

Sir Alex on De Gea. Think what he says about his organisational skills is spot on, not only is he a brilliant shot-stopper but his all round box skills are second to none.

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

He was referring to Van Der Sar with organisational skills bit :P

I think what he was saying is that they are both similar in their organisational skills which is why we have signed him...

Anyway, really looking forward to him coming :D Has been my no.1 target! Also a Spaniard playing for United is quite nice, reckon we could sign another to help De Gea settle in and that :D

I think what he was saying is that they are both similar in their organisational skills which is why we have signed him...

Anyway' date=' really looking forward to him coming :D Has been my no.1 target! Also a Spaniard playing for United is quite nice, reckon we could sign another to help De Gea settle in and that :D[/quote']

He could always hang out with David Silva :P

Anyway' date=' really looking forward to him coming :D Has been my no.1 target! Also a Spaniard playing for United is quite nice, reckon we could sign another to help De Gea settle in and that :D[/quote']

Pedro Leon could folo as he's not getting the time at Madrid.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mata wen't to you lot as we said about Valencia on the Spanish thread yesterday :)

Unlikely' date=' but a signing I would welcome very very much. What a player he is, hope he does leave and gets to show his quality else where.[/quote']

And you reckon he'd get games ahead of Valencia, Nani and Park? :P

It'll be very interesting to see how De Gea does; his first few games will be crucial so you want a nice fixture list.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mata wen't to you lot as we said about Valencia on the Spanish thread yesterday :)

Nah doubt it tbh' date=' good bit overpriced IMO.

And you reckon he'd get games ahead of Valencia, Nani and Park? :P

It'll be very interesting to see how De Gea does; his first few games will be crucial so you want a nice fixture list.

Nope, but Nani - Valencia first team then Park & Leon as back-up :D Granted not much better than Madrid but least he would get some games... But like I said its unlikely, great player though.

Beckham's still class. Wish we could sign him

He still has THE BEST crossfield pass in the world IMO!

I have a thought on Bebe, the only reason he will see any game time and stay with Man United is to try and justify his £7m price tag, if he was brought for a couple of hundred grand .. he'd be in the reserves and probably released!

But what i hope it is, that he is finding it hard to settle in, SAF keeps the hope and he turns into a very good player. (Hopes)

He still has THE BEST crossfield pass in the world IMO!

I have a thought on Bebe' date=' the only reason he will see any game time and stay with Man United is to try and justify his £7m price tag, if he was brought for a couple of hundred grand .. he'd be in the reserves and probably released!

But what i hope it is, that he is finding it hard to settle in, SAF keeps the hope and he turns into a very good player. (Hopes)[/quote']

To be fair to Bebe, he wasn't as bad as some of the people here make out. He has scored some crackers for the first team, plus he was one of the key players for reserves. I wouldn't call him a flop. The guy's got great pace plus there's a lot of room to improvement. No one can be really good in his first season, and some find it a little harder to adapt to United, especially when they're young and are from foreign league.

Lmao enjoyed the Neville Testimonial last night, although I was praying that the key players didn't get injured.

Alex Ferguson has confirmed VDS's most likely replacement it De Gea for around 18M.

He looks good, although most keepers do in these because it's full of saves.

The affair is bad enough...breaking the hearts and trust of his wife and children.

But the bullyboy tactics just because he has money are the disgraceful part.

Typical prima donna trying to do as they please without consequence

If he had just let the Sun run the story everyone would have forgotten by now

Who reads the Sun anyway? At least the Scousers wouldn't have known :D

More stories of proud United fans no doubt?

What about Gareth Barry supposidly taking out an injunction?

I wouldn't want to comment on something that has not been confirmed in a legal manner.

However, if any player is taking out injunctions to hide their own misdemeanours then it's disgraceful.

I would doubt that the player you mention has been touted as a role model around the world for kids to follow, in the way that a certain United player has been promoted for such a long period of time.

Alex Ferguson has confirmed VDS's most likely replacement it De Gea for around 18M.

He looks good' date=' although most keepers do in these because it's full of saves.[/quote']

De Gea does look like a fairly decent keeper - only thing I would say though is he is currently playing La Liga, where anything outside the top two is the quality of Wigan :D

That said - having a player with that name will be a great chance for the advertisement of 'De Gea Village' in Manchester City centre.

PS If United win the Chumps Lague - expect a bus tour on Monday afternoon (in Manchester sorry)

Risky signing and would've personally preferred someone a lot more experienced but at the same time theres no doubt we've got the most talented young 'keeper in the world for what seems like a British record fee for a goalkeeper. Excited for him and hope he does well.

Wouldn't be too disappointed if thats the only signing we make

Really? So you didn't make ANY posts insinuating that it was Ryan Giggs at the heart of the whole Imogen Thomas affair before the revelation came out in Parliament on Monday? ;)

I didn't say it WAS Ryan Giggs until it was legal to do so* - I may have inferred that a United Legend was in fact a bully and a cheating scuzbucket though :D

If the player mentioned below is the 'other' celeb with a super injunction then he is ALSO a bullying cheating scuzbucket.

*the mods know I would NEVER EVER break thread rules, and wouldn't break the law either :D

I've read about 6 stories that are different lol.

I've read about 600 that are all the same :D

They all basically say "Giggs is a cheating prima donna who uses his money and influence to hide his indiscretions" lol :D

Again, I re-iterate. If the player mentioned below has been doing the same thing then he is just as bad

Risky signing and would've personally preferred someone a lot more experienced but at the same time theres no doubt we've got the most talented young 'keeper in the world for what seems like a British record fee for a goalkeeper. Excited for him and hope he does well.

Wouldn't be too disappointed if thats the only signing we make

I would've been happy if either of Adler or Neuer were signed. But, de Gea isn't a bad choice at all. He's proved his credentials quite a few times during his AM career. Having said that, he's got giant 'gloves' to fit in. It won't be easy for him, surely take time to gel in. The major positive is that, he's just 20 and surely one for the future.

As for the further signings, I expect atleast two more if not three. We need a good CM, replacement for Scholes and Giggs. Quite a few reports linking Ashley Young with United, and not to forget the evergreen-link Wesley Sneijder. It's going to be an interesting summer!

GK-With De Gea arriving Amos and Lindegaard should be adequate back-up. assuming that Kuszack leaves of course for first team football.

LB-Evra, Fabio this is a strong area now and in the future.

RB-Oshea, Rafael same as above.

CB-Ferdinand and Vidic are top quality, Smalling back up and eventual replacement for Ferdinand. Evans looks to have gotten over his awful form and Brown is a reserve really. Evans and Brown can slot in at fullback if needed really.

Defence looking strong for now and future as well I feel anyway.

CM-Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson, Gibson. Scholes is not that influential any more, but I think that Anderson has what it takes to be the attacking central midfielder. Gibson can be used in rotation fine. Controversial one but I think that the centre is fine for United-Anderson has found form much like Nani did.

WINGS-Valencia, Nani, Giggs, Park. Nothing needed here really, Giggs replacement can wait until next season. Would only be a squad player anyway. This is assuming that Obertan and Bebe don't make the grade

CF-Rooney, Hernandez, Berbatov, Wellbeck, Macheda. Owen released-this looks strong as well.

So when people say three new signings are needed where do people want them really? If Pogba, Tunnicliffe, Matt James, Obertan, Morrison or Bebe turn good then the role of Giggs and Scholes now is filled. Would be interesting to know what others think. I personally think that the huge debt should be paid off as quickly as possible, and at this point no transfers are really needed.