Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Love it - one of the funniest things I have seen or heard this week :D

Keep up the hilarious work :D

Theres a lot of other youngsters in that list;) only one of them has to make the grade. My point is that United can rely on youngsters they develop to be in the first team. If only City could take note and stop buying Adebayors, Santa Cruz, Jo's to provide competition;) they would be doing themselves a big favour

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Theres a lot of other youngsters in that list;) only one of them has to make the grade. My point is that United can rely on youngsters they develop to be in the first team. If only City could take note and stop buying Adebayors' date=' Santa Cruz, Jo's to provide competition;)[/quote']

There's too much talent in our youth/reserves mate. Both won the reserve/Fa youth cup's respectively. Many United greats came through the same path(winning FA youth cup)

Wootton,Morrison,Norwood,Lingard,Keane,Pogba,Tunnicliffe,Bebe,King,Petrucci,James,Devlin,Cleverley,Ajose,Brady,Brown

Got more talent there than we actually need, and will no doubt sell some to lower leagues for some tidy profit :)

There's too much talent in our youth/reserves mate. Both won the reserve/Fa youth cup's respectively. Many United greats came through the same path(winning FA youth cup)

Wootton' date='Morrison,Norwood,Lingard,Keane,Pogba,Tunnicliffe,Bebe,King,Petrucci,James,Devlin,Cleverley,Ajose,Brady,Brown

Got more talent there than we actually need, and will no doubt sell some to lower leagues for some tidy profit :)[/quote']

Maybe with some buy back clauses too;)just in case they improve leaps and bounds once sold

Wootton' date='Morrison,Norwood,Lingard,Keane,Pogba,Tunnicliffe,Bebe,King,Petrucci,James,Devlin,Cleverley,Ajose,Brady,Brown

Got more talent there than we actually need, and will no doubt sell some to lower leagues for some tidy profit :)[/quote']

I personally feel that United has the right balance between youth and current sucess. It's a much more stable approach to building and maintaing a strong team. Look at Chelsea-if they felt they could rely on Sturridge then they would have avoided the disaster that is Torres (he may turn his form around but he is seeming like the modern day Schevcenko). And if Bruma and Van Aanholt could have been relied on when given thier chance earlier on this season they would have not lost as many points as they did-and made for a much closer title race.

Maybe with some buy back clauses too;)just in case they improve leaps and bounds once sold

Good advice for anyone playing as United on Football Manager;):P

every little helps when clearing the monster debt. To be fair next tranfer fee clauses help-as even if they improve they may never be United standard. Carroll has a huge one for the Liverpool transfer I heard

I wouldn't want to comment on something that has not been confirmed in a legal manner.

However' date=' if [b']any[/b] player is taking out injunctions to hide their own misdemeanours then it's disgraceful.

I would doubt that the player you mention has been touted as a role model around the world for kids to follow, in the way that a certain United player has been promoted for such a long period of time.

De Gea does look like a fairly decent keeper - only thing I would say though is he is currently playing La Liga, where anything outside the top two is the quality of Wigan :D

That said - having a player with that name will be a great chance for the advertisement of 'De Gea Village' in Manchester City centre.

PS If United win the Chumps Lague - expect a bus tour on Monday afternoon (in Manchester sorry)

Any chance you could stop with the glory hunter jibes? No-one cares.

We're rumoured to be in for Ashley Young as well.

It clearly cuts you to the bone as you keep replying ;)

I'm of the opinion that Young wouldn't be an improvement at all and hence would make an incredibly expensive squad player. That is, unless you're struggling with the home-grown quota with the impending retirements/departures of Scholes, Giggs and Brown...

It clearly cuts you to the bone as you keep replying ;)

I'm of the opinion that Young wouldn't be an improvement at all and hence would make an incredibly expensive squad player. That is' date=' unless you're struggling with the [b']home-grown quota[/b] with the impending retirements/departures of Scholes, Giggs and Brown...

aren't you?

and it is provides nothing to the thread.

aren't you?

and it is provides nothing to the thread.

Hell no! Hughes only bought PL and we've got a few left: Richards, Boyata, Onuoha, Bridge, Lescott, Hart, Taylor, Milner, Johnson, Johnson, Weiss, Barry, Guidetti off the top of my head are all 'home-grown'.

Question still stands on United's...

Hell no! Hughes only bought PL and we've got a few left: Richards' date=' Boyata, Onuoha, Bridge, Lescott, Hart, Taylor, Milner, Johnson, Johnson, Weiss, Barry, Guidetti off the top of my head are all 'home-grown'.

Question still stands on United's...[/quote']

Not a problem I should think. Evans, O'Shea, Rafael, Fabio, Smalling, Rooney, Gibson, Welbeck, Cleverly, Carrick, Fletcher, Owen and lots more

EDIT - Just read what I wrote again and can understand why peopl thought it was a gloru hunter thing - it wasn't intended to be, but based on my prior posts it would be easy to think it was.

I have been politely asked by the Mods to stop deliberately winding non Mancunian ManU fans up - hence my avatar of'huffing child on naughty step'

Brilliant free kick! Take a bow son!

That being said... Juventus didn't read the script :P

Nasri is being extremely' date=' heavily link with man utd, give us 10m and I'm fine.[/quote']

Id happily give you that! World class player on his day. His goal against Porto, breathtaking.

Id happily give you that! World class player on his day. His goal against Porto' date=' breathtaking.[/quote']

Sure was, but a player that only plays for cash and not enjoyment for the game then it's pointless having him at the club, I'm not just saying this but if we had messi and he was doing what nasri is doing then I'd want him out asap.

Nasri is being extremely' date=' heavily link with man utd, give us 10m and I'm fine.[/quote']

Where you hear this? Patrice Evra..? Lol :D I would welcome him myself, but dunno if I can see it happening tbh!

Apparently Ashley Young to United is as good as done....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/25/manchester-united-summer-transfer-budget

Niceeeeee, remember reading not so long ago on here that we were no longer able to compete in the transfer market ;)

Where you hear this? Patrice Evra..? Lol :D I would welcome him myself' date=' but dunno if I can see it happening tbh!

[url']http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/25/manchester-united-summer-transfer-budget[/url]

Niceeeeee, remember reading not so long ago on here that we were no longer able to compete in the transfer market ;)

Yeah i saw that on SSN, but before that hes been linked really heavily since yesterday, its all over the place.

Where you hear this? Patrice Evra..? Lol :D I would welcome him myself' date=' but dunno if I can see it happening tbh!

[url']http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/25/manchester-united-summer-transfer-budget[/url]

You aren't for good players ;)

If you don't call De Gea' date=' Young, Sneijder / Modric good players then fair enough I guess you must be right :D[/quote']

De Gea's good but none of the other top sides were in competition for a goalkeeper (Arsenal never spend money).

Young's not great.

You haven't had to compete for the other 2 yet ;)

De Gea's good but none of the other top sides were in competition for a goalkeeper (Arsenal never spend money).

Young's not great.

Maybe I used the wrong phrasing then' date=' but you know yourself that people though our days of big spending were over.... But they're clearly not... De Gea and Young will come to about £30m and Sneijder / Modric probably another £25m...

P.S A lot of your players aren't great, but it didn't stop you playing over the odds for them ;)

P.P.S I think Young will be a good signing [b']if[/b] he signs.

Young's not great.

Youngs not great, agreed.

But come on Stu, give up mate! If united and city both went for a player, say, modric, he'd sign for united if we offered enough. We both know that. Get back to the chity thread :)

Youngs not great' date=' agreed.

But come on Stu, give up mate! If united and city both went for a player, say, modric, he'd sign for united. We both know that. Get back to the chity thread :)[/quote']

I don't think its that clear cut anymore, obviously your looking at it through red coloured glasses and thats fair enough - but City arn't far away from giving the title a good go and if Chelsea strengthen in the market in the summer then its a straight 3 way fight for the title next season, even if Utd buy as well, and players and agents arn't silly, they know City are close and will pay more as well for there services. As much as Utd can't stand the fact, City are in the title race and players will take them far more seriously than Utd fans do.

I don't think its that clear cut anymore' date=' obviously your looking at it through red coloured glasses and thats fair enough - but City arn't far away from giving the title a good go and if Chelsea strengthen in the market in the summer then its a straight 3 way fight for the title next season, even if Utd buy as well, and players and agents arn't silly, they know City are close and will pay more as well for there services. As much as Utd can't stand the fact, City are in the title race and players will take them far more seriously than Utd fans do.[/quote']

Your right Simon, but City still do still not have the name of United.... thats something that can only be built up over years and success.... If both clubs have a bid accepted and offer similar wages then we have got to be favourites to sign him.... Its like Atletico in Spain having money and going for the same player as Real, the player will favour a move to Real.

Nice shout on Nasri a few weeks ago btw! lol

Youngs not great' date=' agreed.

But come on Stu, give up mate! If united and city both went for a player, say, modric, he'd sign for united if we offered enough. We both know that. Get back to the chity thread :)[/quote']

Young would not be a bad signing - he has the raw ability and is still young enough for Fergie and his staff to work with him. And he's English for our quota.

He was outstanding when Villa came to OT and has impressed me recently for the national side also.

With Nani and Valencia already available in wide areas (+Giggs/Park), Young would give further options and hopefully mean the likes of Obertan and Bebe never see the first team again.:P

Personally I would prefer Michel Bastos if we want another winger. Him and Evra down the left would be frightening.

That won't happen though' date=' we both know that :)

If you both wanted a world class player, City would offer quite a bit extra than Utd for the fee and City would also offer FAR more in wages.[/quote']

Yep true, but at the same time someone like Modric already sees how many midfielders City have and he has the chance to replace Scholes at United...