Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Ah well, good result for us but not a great performance. Sunderland were the better side for most of the first half and looked quite dangerous in the second as well. Great goal from Scholes (he was the shortest player on the pitch :P) and a decent equalizer form Jones as well, but tbh Foster could have done better than that. And then the wonder kid came on and scored within some 2 or 3 minutes. Well, as mentioned above, sooner or later he will run out of luck but it must be said his goal against Villa was not luck and i dare say that this goal was intentional as well. Maybe he did not expect the ball to go into the back of the net but i'm quite sure the flick, though instinctive was intentional. ;)

Anyway, end of the day a win is a win and we still are top of the table. Our defense still is very shaky and Vidic really does seem to be lacking confidence atm. The only bit of good news is that Rio is back in training and should e back on Wednesday night to face Porto and hopefully steady our defense. I am a bit worried by our performances and i really do hope that they get better. Right now we must concentrate on getting past Porto, but after that we must work on improving our game. We can't carry on playing like this coz sooner or later we will run out of luck, and Liverpool (who are very much back on track) will almost surely capitalize on it. :o;):)

actually I just want to try something.........

Man Utd will DEFINATLY not lose tonight its IMPOSSIBLE for them to lose.

At least Ronny has stayed away from injuries for ages now so there is NO WAY will he get injured tonight' date=' most definatly not.[/quote']

And Rooney is DEFINITELY not going to get sent off and Porto DEFINITELY won't score and I'll be CELEBRATING WILDLY when they go through :P

EDIT: took it too far :o Doh!

so what do we make of our chances? despite being one of the pessimistic supporters I feel we can win. I think we will score and perhaps the fact that we have to attack might help us a bit. We are at our best when we are positive no matter how good our defense is.

I can't see Utd going out tonight and because of the way the other 2 teams play in thier half of the draw I think they'l find the semi a lot easier than overcoming Porto. As for Barca v's Chelsea if Chelsea defend like they did against Bolton in the last 10 mins and us last night in patches Barca will walk that semi, but Chelsea can't be that bad again and Terry will be back, so looks like a repeat of last years final is on the cards.

3 1 today i think' date=' i see cahill pulling an early equaliser to to an even earlier united opener

then united will pull on on the 45th and dominate the whole second half, well hopefully anyway[/quote']

2-0

TEVEZ get both :D

ARGENTINA ARGENTINA !!!

It will be a close game tonight but i think we should get past Everton.

Everton will be really pumped coming into the game coz this is the closed they have come to winning silverware in quite a while. So they will give it everything they've got, but i think we should manage to get the win. Don't think it will be all that convincing....maybe a 2-1...... ;):)

The Cristiano Ronaldo transfer saga just won't go away, but the Sunday newspapers have added a new twist to the story: Kaka will be heading to Old Trafford to replace him.

According to the News of the World United boss Sir Alex Ferguson will put a spectacular £70million replacement plan in place when - not if - Ronaldo demands a summer move to Real Madrid.

United would use the expected world record fee for their Portuguese winger to sign AC Milan playmaker Kaka, along with Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery.

http://blogs.soccernet.com/paperround/archives/2009/04/kaka_to_replace_ronaldo.php

I know it's only rumours, but by god it'd be great if we got one of them. :P

Everton today will be a really tough game too :( A lot of pundits have predicted Everton to win but hopefully we can get the victory. Probably will be just the one goal in it.

Team to play Everton: Foster, Rafael Da Silva, Ferdinand, Vidic, Fabio Da Silva, Welbeck, Gibson, Anderson, Park, Tevez, Macheda.

Shocker. :eek: I guess it's Alex saying he doesn't want to win the FA Cup. Everton are surely favourites now but you never know... We'll need big performances from all the youngsters to win.

Lost 4-2 On Pen's...Oh well cannot win them all unlucky boy's :)

Well done to utds kids though made evertons first team run for there money thought welbeck shud have had a pen being caught, mayb that wud of finished the game off, but at the end of the day if any pool fans have a go, 1 thing we can stand up and be proud of and thats least uniteds gna win something this year :P

berbatovs penalty was just stupid' date=' its like he lost interest during the run up[/quote']

stop the rubbish mate. Have you ever seen him animated. Just the way he plays. a classy player, can't believe he is getting abused by United fans just cos he missed a pen:rolleyes:

Anyway we need a favour from Arsenal today

stop the rubbish mate. Have you ever seen him animated. Just the way he plays. a classy player' date=' can't believe he is getting abused by United fans just cos he missed a pen:rolleyes:

[/quote']

what hell are you on about??

when did i say he wasnt a good player, i think hes a brilliant player and am a massive united fan

i just said it was a very poor penalty which it was!

thats hardly abuse?:rolleyes:

oh and we dont need any favours to win the title

stop the rubbish mate. Have you ever seen him animated. Just the way he plays. a classy player' date=' can't believe he is getting abused by United fans just cos he missed a pen:rolleyes:

Anyway we need a favour from Arsenal today[/quote']

You dont need a favour from Arsenal, your more than capable of winning all your remaining fixtures

You dont need a favour from Arsenal' date=' your more than capable of winning all your remaining fixtures[/quote']

I can be as biased as I want to be but I just cannot foresee us winning all our remaining fixtures and the way Liverpool are playing they have a good chance of winning all of theirs.

I would love it if you were right though