Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils thread

i thought that number was for liverpool fans struggling to find tickets for europe next year.

Are you serious? :rolleyes:

That number's 0800 19 18 19 18

EDIT: @NariN - Let me get this straight, any club that wasn't in the CL Final hasn't had a great season...?

EDIT: @NariN - Let me get this straight' date=' any club that wasn't in the CL Final hasn't had a great season...?[/quote']

Make sure you don't forget the 020 prefix

Wow.

In the build up to any game you believe you have a chance..... As a Manchester United fan for nearly 20 years I have been very lucky to rarely witness my team being so obviously bettered.

The simple fact is that you cannot compete with such an aptitude for retaining and using a football. Messi? Nah ... Xavi and Iniesta are as close to perfection as is possible. Immense.

Wow.

In the build up to any game you believe you have a chance..... As a Manchester United fan for nearly 20 years I have been very lucky to rarely witness my team being so obviously bettered.

The simple fact is that you cannot compete with such an aptitude for retaining and using a football. Messi? Nah ... Xavi and Iniesta are as close to perfection as is possible. Immense.

I sympathize with your observation on Xavi and Iniesta' date=' as many would, but I still believe that Messi is just as "close to perfection" as those two are. Their ability to move with the ball is unprecedented, but so is Messi's ability to move [i']without[/i] the ball. His ability to draw out defenders and midfielders and create space without even having the ball is a huge part of Barca's ability to make use of their possession. Xavi and Iniesta are indeed insuperable in their possession play, but Messi converts their contributions into goals.

Wow.

Completely agree with you only other times I can remember us being as battered are Barcelona in 94 where we lost 4-0 and Real Madrid beating us 3-1 in 03.

Iniesta and Xavi are immense, the pass Xavi played to Pedro for the goal was out of this world, it was just superb.

What amazes me is the way Messi plays in this attacking midfielder role where he just runs at the defence before feeding Villa & Pedro with a killer pass or taking a strike at goal.

Anyone else see Fergie's after match interview? The way he said he was disappointed by the performance and felt we could have done better and then when questioned what area was he disappointed with he just wouldn't answer. I think that summs up the kind of manager he is, someone who sticks up for his players.

Also is anyone else starting to get the feeling that Pep could be the next United manager?

I sympathize with your observation on Xavi and Iniesta' date=' as many would, but I still believe that [b']Messi is just as "close to perfection" as those two are[/b]. Their ability to move with the ball is unprecedented, but so is Messi's ability to move without the ball. His ability to draw out defenders and midfielders and create space without even having the ball is a huge part of Barca's ability to make use of their possession. Xavi and Iniesta are indeed insuperable in their possession play, but Messi converts their contributions into goals.

Whilst Messi is quite obviously an exceptional player, I would still put Xavi and Iniesta above him as complete football players, Though this is probably not the place to debate it.

PS - I would cite Messi in an Argentina shirt as an example of what Xavi and Iniesta add to his game - whereas X and I do exactly the same in a Spanish jersey.

Whilst Messi is quite obviously an exceptional player' date=' I would still put Xavi and Iniesta above him as complete football players, Though this is probably not the place to debate it.

[b']PS - I would cite Messi in an Argentina shirt as an example of what Xavi and Iniesta add to his game - whereas X and I do exactly the same in a Spanish jersey.[/b]

I'd like to point out that there are several extenuating circumstances that lead people to believe that Messi is poor when playing for Argentina in comparison to his Barcelona form, other than the distinct lack of his partners in crime. Contrary to popular belief, Messi had a very good World Cup last year despite many slamming him simply because he didn't score.

I'd love to explore that topic in more detail, but like you say, this isn't the place to do so.

One final word to VDS. Great keeper, could have done better in the 2-1 because the ball entered almost in the middle, but I guess he not saw the ball leave.. but at least the last image I have from him, was a great save he made a few minutes later. Like Van Bronkhorst, lost a final in his last game against a Spanish team.

90% of Britain are routing for United' date=' everyone is. Just like i guess even Man. City fans will be routing for the likes of Rooney on International duty, yes it's a little different but regardless - Manchester United are represnting English football on the whole today. If they win it obviously shows strength in British football and the Premier League.

To add to this, nobody really wants Barca to win do they. They've won it two years ago, and i'd be suprised if they don't win it in the next two years. I don't want to see them win every year though. Adding to the fact i don't want to see a load of divers and acrobats winning the Champions League.

[b']C'mon United !!![/b]

Where did you get that stat from? I don't know a single non Man Utd fan who wanted United to win.

Barca were class tonight and there no team in the world could have stopped them tonight, some of their play was mesmerisingly good! :)

Where did you get that stat from? I don't know a single non Man Utd fan who wanted United to win.

Barca were class tonight and there no team in the world could have stopped them tonight' date=' some of their play was mesmerisingly good! :)[/quote']

Probably cause you live in Manchester? Lol ;)

In London, I had all My Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea mates support United :)

Well that was disappointing, I didn't expect United to win but my word Barcelona were impressive.

There's no complaints from me as the best team won the game, I'd even go as far as saying that Barca side is the greatest side ever, well its the best footballing side I've ever seen.

Barca were class tonight and there no team in the world could have stopped them tonight' date=' some of their play was mesmerisingly good! :)[/quote']

I was rooting for Manchester United.

I understand why City & Liverpool fans dont support them, thats perfectly acceptable.

I just find it weird, slightly bitter even that English and British people would prefer a spanish side to win at Wembley against the most successful English club. The pub where i watched it was full of fans of West Midland sides, and i cant remember meeting someone who was rooting for Barca. I couldnt care who won, would just prefer United.

Anyway, unlucky.

They are a formidable team, cant get to down beat about it. As good as a team you are, in comparison to Barca, your individuals players are no where near them.

Should still be proud of your european record in recent times.

Probably the most disturbing development of the evening :P Danny Simpson has tweeted "I'm not gonna lie' date=' I'm better than Fabio"...... I have some concerns about his mental health.

http://search.twitter.com/search?q=%23snm

Maybe if he hadn't managed to look out of his depth for Blackburn he'd still be at United:rolleyes: Fabio was very good for his first big game (especially one on one)

Supposedly better midfields have been made to look distinctly average by Barca...

19th title + 2nd best team in Europe behind the best team ever + semis of the FA cup constitutes a very good season.:)

I'm a City fan and wasn't supporting Barca. Maybe wouldn't go so far as to say I was supporting United; I just wanted to watch a good game of football which we got and both teams played a hand in it. If United hadn't equalised soon after the Barca opener then I think they'd have run away with it.

Did anyone hear Andy Townsend's pearl of wisdom? After Barca scored their first I think he said something like:

United have got to keep trying to contain Barcelona. The worst thing they could do is go for the equaliser in the next 5 minutes or so as Barca are still very dangerous on the break.

Then United scored 2 minutes later :D

EDIT: @NariN - Let me get this straight' date=' any club that wasn't in the CL Final hasn't had a great season...?[/quote']

No,that only means that they werent sucesfull like United,so they dont have any reason to make some jokes about United.

Everyone is lauding Barcelona for an exquisitely brilliant footballing performance.

But I will be honest - United MADE them look good.

The next time someone mentions Mancinis negative tactics I will point to the periods of play in the ECL final where United had 11 men in their own half. at times 9 of them behind the ball.

That tactic played PERFECTLY into the hands of Peps Barcelona - and allowed them to pass the ball with ease.

1 United shot on target all game?

Reminds me of Haye v Harrison!

Cannot believe that some of old players from Balkan (croatia,serbia) are dissapointed with United last night,they said that Fergie has made some mistake like versus 2 years,that players were not playing agressive like they should,and they left a lot of space to Barca players,and that Vidic and Ferdinand were Scared to atacck Messi,Villa and company,they also said that Giggs had aweful game,that Xavi and Iniesta made him to look like a f o o l,that only player who played really good was Wayne Rooney,and that we made a big mistake because we wasnt playing like Real in Copa de la Rey.

Its easy to talk when you are watching from your home,its really hard to chase Barca players for 90 minutes,Park proved that when Messi scored second goal for Barca,he tried to catch him,but suddenly he lost his power,and messi was alone,and he scored.

Fergie,Vidic and Ferdinand said that Barca were fantastic,that like they hypnotized them,that he thought that second half will be better for United,that we will play a lot butter,but that didint happened.

Guardiola said that United played really well,but that Barca deserved to win this trophy after last night game.