Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils thread

I think jones will get many chances to prove himself this season...mayb more than we can imagine. Ferdinand-Vidic combination is reali a solid wall for man utd but ferdinand recently keep on getting injured..probably becz his age is growing. I can c jones replace ferdinand ahead of smalling. Well maybe Jones will be like chicharito' date=' who snatch berbatov 1st team place.. hehe :P[/quote']

You are joking arent you? Jones is a great prospect but Smalling is in a different league to him! In other words Smalling is by far the better player!

You are joking arent you? Jones is a great prospect but Smalling is in a different league to him! In other words Smalling is by far the better player!

Completely disagree.

Smalling stepped up this season however i believe Jones has much much more talent.

smalling is a really good header...but if compare to jones, which is much quicker and physically stronger ( i think ), i think jones will be chosen ahead of smalling since vidic is already a very good header. The problem with vidic is he is slower and i think jones can cover him well. Not to mention that jones has a 20mil price tag on him. I certainly like smalling as well, both of them are the future heart of man utd certainly.

How about they will both be rotated based on their form? Both are clearly very talented and both do not have a huge amount of first team football. Both can be given gradual exposure to the first team. This is making the big assumption that Ferdinand stays fit, who while looks to be getting fitter i doubt is as fit as he used to be.

They can both be used in the league cup, UCL group stages and F.A cup unless a giant team is drawn which is a fair amount of games for them really and can be used to see who will step up when Ferdinand is injured or inevitably gets old? Both I see starting after Vidic and Rio (obvious statement probably:p)

United never sold Tevez....they had him on loan from West Ham for two years.

LINK

If I'm correct I don't think Tevez was sold by United ' date=' if anything I think it was you paid his owners a substantial fee for the two seasons he was at United then the owners sold him on to City eith United seeing None of that money!

But you right in saying United have hardly spent in recent years , De Gea , Jones and Young will be good players for a number of years yet and I think that just a Center midfielder is needed for you guys to consider your spending this summer as great.[/quote']

Sorry,my mistake,but still we sold couple of good players and some of them retired as well (Scholes and VDS) so it is time that we spend some money for some new players.

Sorry' date='my mistake,but still we sold couple of good players and some of them retired as well (Scholes and VDS) so it is time that we spend some money for some new players.[/quote']

Winning competitions brings a lot of money-the actual prize money, sponsorship, more merchandise sales, stadium attendances increasing (due to more people watching a succesful team as well as staying longer in the competitions). So while people can slate United, they have to abide by the fair play rules like everyone else. And since United are playing fairly and winning they can quite rightly spend the money they have earned. Its not like money is being spent like this every season with no end product in terms of trophies. And as I said above, success brings money in. Uniteds turnover this season was (before deductions obviously) £286 million. A lot of money.

So other club fans can't really criticise tbh.

Looks like we have missed out on potential target Raphael Varane as he has reportedly signed for Real Madrid.

Old news that:p tbh With Smalling, Jones and Evans he would not get enough game time. He maybe talented but there are two English options who are also quality at United really.

Old news that:p tbh With Smalling' date=' Jones and Evans he would not get enough game time. He maybe talented but there are two English options who are also quality at United really.[/quote']

I don't think that Varane would have had much bother getting games ahead of Evans... ;)

I don't think that Varane would have had much bother getting games ahead of Evans... ;)

Getting ahead of Evans would STILL make him 5th choice. Rio' date=' Vidic, Jones, Smalling and Varane. And Varane would not fullfill his potential at United with such little game time for so long as he would pretty much never play really. Hercule Poirot was right what he said about strange transfer suggestions;

Geez I hate the transfer window, what with all the clueless transfer muppets fantasising about targets who have no chance of joining us or targets who don't fit our system or just simply players who aren't good enough. Seems it's also an ideal opportunity to diss the players we have in order to justify their opinion that we need so and so. Bring on the new season please...

Some teams may not mind their players, despite being supposedly talented, never quite developing up to expectations (no names mentioned:o) but United aren't like that and they have sucess to achieve (and not just in pre-season friendly cups either) and the improvement of first team players is paramount to that. :) Leave the transfers to Fergie, you can co and talk about your latest 19 year old whoever you have signed. lol.

Getting ahead of Evans would STILL make him 5th choice. Rio' date=' Vidic, Jones, Smalling and Varane. And Varane would not fullfill his potential at United with such little game time for so long as he would pretty much never play really. Hercule Poirot was right what he said about strange transfer suggestions;

[b'] Some teams may not mind their players, despite being supposedly talented, never quite developing up to expectations (no names mentioned:o) but United aren't like that and they have sucess to achieve (and not just in pre-season friendly cups either) and the improvement of first team players is paramount to that. :) Leave the transfers to Fergie, you can co and talk about your latest 19 year old whoever you have signed. lol[/b].

One word BEBE

5 clubs have met Neymar's £40m buy out clause. Sky Sports thinks that it is Barca' date=' Real, Chelsea, City and Anzhi from Russia who have made the bids. Wouldn't it be ace if we were one of the teams and got him :P[/quote']

My money is on Anzhi ;)

5 clubs have met Neymar's £40m buy out clause. Sky Sports thinks that it is Barca' date=' Real, Chelsea, City and Anzhi from Russia who have made the bids. Wouldn't it be ace if we were one of the teams and got him :P[/quote']Spam posted this a few days back...

TW.jpg

Changed my opinions of him tbh.

Spam posted this a few days back...

Changed my opinions of him tbh.

Meh it was an all team scrap, both sets of teams were doing it and he's only 18 so he'll learn. Plus surely Barca cannot afford this? And I thought they were so keen on Fabregas? If they have bid then they have used up all their money in one go :confused: Seems strange.

1 squad ARSENAL. Their entire team is not even worthy of a single trophy in 6 years.

ohh' date=' poor diddums, whats wrong your poor wind up failed, should I list all the players that failed at Manure, you seem to believe none failed, according to your post and I quote

Some teams may not mind their players, despite being supposedly talented, never quite developing up to expectations (no names mentioned:o) but United aren't like that and they have sucess to achieve (and not just in pre-season friendly cups either) and the improvement of first team players is paramount to that. :) Leave the transfers to Fergie, you can co and talk about your latest 19 year old whoever you have signed. lol.

(Arsenal players with trophies in the last 6 years)

Arshavin

Fabregas

Vermaelen

Squillaci

Chamakh

Meh it was an all team scrap' date=' both sets of teams were doing it and he's only 18 so he'll learn. Plus surely Barca cannot afford this? And I thought they were so keen on Fabregas? If they have bid then they have used up all their money in one go :confused: Seems strange.[/quote']

They also said they could use next years budget now. If they did get Fabregas and a forward (Sanchez, Neymar or Rossi) then IMO they wouldn't need to spend much if anything next season so using the next year budget wouldn't be unrealisitic.

ohh' date=' poor diddums, whats wrong your poor wind up failed, should I list all the players that failed at Manure, you seem to believe none failed, according to your post and I quote

(Arsenal players with trophies in the last 6 years)

Arshavin

Fabregas

Vermaelen

Squillaci

Chamakh[/quote']

I just wanna say,

how many of them players;

a) are arsenal youth products, or started off at arsenal?

B) actually got the trophies while with arsenal?

I just wanna say' date='

how many of them players;

a) are arsenal youth products, or started off at arsenal?

B) actually got the trophies while with arsenal?[/quote']

That's not the point he made, he said no Arsenal players have won a trophy in 6 years, so he's wrong, simple as, it's his fault, he set himself up to be knocked down.

That's not the point he made' date=' he said no Arsenal players have won a trophy in 6 years, so he's wrong, simple as, it's his fault, he set himself up to be knocked down.[/quote']

:rolleyes:

He obviously meant, no player has won a trophy at Arsenal in 6 years,

Well if they get Fab and Neymar they definately won't need to spend next year.

I was flicking through a littlewoods catalogue that was in the house yesterday and they had United's away shirt without a picture, but underneath where the picture would be they had the colours as blue/black. Major cockup there. I was already 99% sure the blue/black leaked kit was the new away kit but they have confirmed it before Man Utd.com did :P

EDIT: link - http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/nike-official-manchester-united-mens-away-shirt/922122942.prd?browseToken=%2fq%2fmanchester+united

He obviously meant' date=' no player has won a trophy [i']at[/i] Arsenal in 6 years,

Conjecture, it wasn't worded that way, you can't assume anything, one must take it at face value, which was "Their entire team is not even worthy of a single trophy in 6 years."

The wording of such, insinuates that not one of Arsenal's current squad have won a trophy in 6 years, he didn't say that "Their entire team is not even worthy of a single trophy with Arsenal in 6 years", either way your wrong as well since Fabregas won the World Cup whilst at Arsenal

He obviously meant' date=' no player has won a trophy at Arsenal in 6 years,[/quote']

To be fair that shows the desparation of the fans at the club-they are counting trophies that they won elsewhere!:D:D

And I am glad that you have enough common senses to see what I obviously meant.