Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils thread

i think Modric is the best choice. The way he sits in space and sprays passes around reminds me of Scholes. Shame Modric doesn't have the goals like Scholes used to:( He scored some absolute belters in his career:(

Nope not in my eyes, so overrated. Sneijder or Nasri have to be the ones to go for. Nasri would be the best coup since Rooney. It would be brilliant and he is young too.

Don't see why use don't just buy a top class striker and shift Rooney in the Am/cm position' date=' he ticks all the boxes.[/quote']

I've said this before, maybe Fergie sees this and could go for Cavani afterall? We just can't be sure. The only thing against that though would be the way he played the season after Ronaldo left upfront. He was a beast.

Nope not in my eyes' date=' so overrated. Sneijder or Nasri have to be the ones to go for. Nasri would be the best coup since Rooney. It would be brilliant and he is young too.[/quote']

Snejder is a really good player and I think could be more productive that Modric-he has a great shot from open play, set pieces also, not one footed at all, great passing, technically great. So good that why would Inter sell him? Doesn't he have four years on his contract? And he is already on high wages as well.

I think Nasri has been quite disruptive at Arsenal-for reasons I posted before he must be pretty unhappy at Arsenal with the lack of trophies not what he was expecting and the whole French team appeared to be unruly as well. So while move could bring out a better personality in him due to a more succesful and positive enviroment there is a chance his behaviour won't change. And if it doesn't I don't seem him fitting in at Old Trafford and Fergie wanting him. I think anyway.

Modric is a safe option in terms of personality, although the way negotiations between Chelsea and Spurs appear to be going it could be worth (if Fergie wants a CM) just spending that bit more for Sjneder. Tottenham don't seem to be selling cheap either, but Inter could be even worse:)

I've said this before' date=' maybe Fergie sees this and could go for Cavani afterall? We just can't be sure. The only thing against that though would be the way he played the season after Ronaldo left upfront. He was a beast.[/quote']

Rooney and Hernandez have a good partnership. A more central midfielder type AM like Modric/Snjeder would be better IMO. Leave Rooney with a free role and not as much defensive duties as a CM and he can find space and play passes around the pitch as well as getting into scoring position.

Snejder is a really good player and I think could be more productive that Modric-he has a great shot from open play' date=' set pieces also, not one footed at all, great passing, technically great. So good that why would Inter sell him? Doesn't he have four years on his contract? And he is already on high wages as well.

I think Nasri has been quite disruptive at Arsenal-for reasons I posted before he must be pretty unhappy at Arsenal with the lack of trophies not what he was expecting and the whole French team appeared to be unruly as well. So while move could bring out a better personality in him due to a more succesful and positive enviroment there is a chance his behaviour won't change. And if it doesn't I don't seem him fitting in at Old Trafford and Fergie wanting him. I think anyway.

Modric is a safe option in terms of personality, although the way negotiations between Chelsea and Spurs appear to be going it could be worth (if Fergie wants a CM) just spending that bit more for Sjneder. Tottenham don't seem to be selling cheap either, but Inter could be even worse:)[/quote']

Sneijder could leave because of their new manager etc. Moratti seems to have given up on him and Sneijder even said to the press when questioned about a move to United we will see. He could have said no. I still think there is a chance. Basically as long as we don't get Modric who we would over pay for I will be happy.

Sneijder could leave because of their new manager etc. Moratti seems to have given up on him and Sneijder even said to the press when questioned about a move to United we will see. He could have said no. I still think there is a chance. Basically as long as we don't get Modric who we would over pay for I will be happy.

I think Fergie will just stick with Anderson there-his form towards the end of the season was good. Pair him with Fletcher and that is an industrious CM pairing. Carrick is a good player to who can provide competition for a starting place if Anderson loses form.

Young can also play as an attack midfielder and do so well, so he could be the AM signing.

Giggs can be back up and since Gibson is so low in the pecking order it doesn't matter much that he isn't too good IMO. But Better rely on Tunnifcliffe/Pogba developing rather than Gibson I think

i think fergie will surely surprise all the fans, even the world...by some shocking signing...and that signing will be a cm....always believe that fergie has something on his sleeve cause he always do

Nope not in my eyes' date=' so overrated. Sneijder or Nasri have to be the ones to go for. Nasri would be the best coup since Rooney. It would be brilliant and he is young too.[/quote']

If anyone is overrated in that list, it's Nasri. When he's playing well then fair enough, he can be superb, he just doesn't play well often enough.

If anyone is overrated in that list' date=' it's Nasri. When he's playing well then fair enough, he can be superb, he just doesn't play well often enough.[/quote']

I agree to be honest-Modric and Snjeder have proven they have quality with consistent performances whereas Nasri has been more inconsistent. But then again the whole Arsenal team slumped this season and it could easly be seen as unreasonable to suggest he should have kept form when others around him didn't. So while Nasri was inconsistent in last season despite it being his best so far I can see why people still rate him.

If anyone is overrated in that list' date=' it's Nasri. When he's playing well then fair enough, he can be superb, he just doesn't play well often enough.[/quote']

He started off as a winger though and he is only 24. I'd rather have a player who plays amazing now and then then a player like Modric who never really does anything.

I've said this before' date=' maybe Fergie sees this and could go for Cavani afterall? We just can't be sure. The only thing against that though would be the way he played the season after Ronaldo left upfront. He was a beast.[/quote']

The player who Napoli say is 'worth more than €100m'? Better off going for someone else; Napoli look like a club as pleasant to deal with as Palermo or Sevilla...

He started off as a winger though and he is only 24. I'd rather have a player who plays amazing now and then then a player like Modric who never really does anything.

I suggest you need to watch Modric a bit closer then...

To be honest, out of everyone who has been linked to United, Modric is the only one who will fit the system. Sneijder is a very offensive midfielder who would only be challenging Rooney's position in the hole behind the centre-forward. Unless SAF is going to play him out of position or try and convert him into a more diverse midfielder, then I can't see it coming to fruition. Same goes to Nasri really. Having Nasri/Sneijder and two of Nani/Young/Valencia all in the same midfield is way too attacking, it's just not going to happen.

And to be quite frank, I still maintain that United will end up signing nobody at all, not even Modric, the best man available for the job. Anderson is more than good enough to play that role for United and I find it hard to believe that the Glazers are willing to spend another sizeable fee on another big-name signing. They've already shelled out over £50m this summer and I fully expect one or two names to be moving on (Brown, O'Shea, Gibson perhaps), while United will be saving an absolute fortune on the retirements of Hargreaves, VDS, Scholes and Neville through their wage packets.

I think the thoughts from a lot of United fans that the Glazers are spending big this summer is somewhat of an illusion...

I suggest you need to watch Modric a bit closer then...

To be honest' date=' out of everyone who has been linked to United, Modric is the only one who will fit the system. Sneijder is a very offensive midfielder who would only be challenging Rooney's position in the hole behind the centre-forward. Unless SAF is going to play him out of position or try and convert him into a more diverse midfielder, then I can't see it coming to fruition. Same goes to Nasri really. Having Nasri/Sneijder and two of Nani/Young/Valencia all in the same midfield is way too attacking, it's just not going to happen.

And to be quite frank, I still maintain that United will end up signing nobody at all, not even Modric, the best man available for the job. Anderson is more than good enough to play that role for United and I find it hard to believe that the Glazers are willing to spend another sizeable fee on another big-name signing. They've already shelled out over £50m this summer and I fully expect one or two names to be moving on (Brown, O'Shea, Gibson perhaps), while United will be saving an absolute fortune on the retirements of Hargreaves, VDS, Scholes and Neville through their wage packets.

I think the thoughts from a lot of United fans that the Glazers are spending big this summer is somewhat of an illusion...[/quote']

I have seen loads of Tottenham games and he is just a normal CM in my eyes. Nothing special, worth about 15m maybe. Bale and VDV run the show there, along with Lennon. Modric can play a pass and score now and then but he is no different to Darren Fletcher. We don't need another.

Sneijder can of course play CM. A lot of people claim Paul Scholes was an attacking midfielder yet he played CM. Nasri can adapt to this role aswell as Sneijder can.

Maybe you're right in saying we won't sign anyone and give Anderson a shot. But I don't think it would make any sense. He is one of the midfield players that got destroyed by Barca's midfield twice. He will never be as good as Xavi or Iniesta. A player of Nasri or Sneijder's calibre can match them to an extent.

Of course dealing with Messi is impossible but we can't go into another season without making our CM stronger. If we don't then we will just get beaten off the park by Barca should we play them.

And I'm not saying if we get Sneijder or Nasri we will beat them but it would help.

And to be quite frank' date=' I still maintain that United will end up signing nobody at all, not even Modric, the best man available for the job. Anderson is more than good enough to play that role for United and I find it hard to believe that the Glazers are willing to spend another sizeable fee on another big-name signing.

[b']I think the thoughts from a lot of United fans that the Glazers are spending big this summer is somewhat of an illusion...[/b]

Because signing de Gea for 20 million ish (second most expensive keeper of all time after Buffon maybe?) as well as Jones for 16 plus add ons and Young for 18 is not spending big?:confused::confused: How big do the Glazers need to spend to make this summer then to fall into that category?

I do agree with the point about Modric as I said before

I think Fergie will just stick with Anderson there-his form towards the end of the season was good.

but I think this idea of it being an "illusion" that United are spending big is a little strange.

I have seen loads of Tottenham games and he is just a normal CM in my eyes. Nothing special' date=' worth about 15m maybe. Bale and VDV run the show there, along with Lennon. Modric can play a pass and score now and then but he is no different to Darren Fletcher. We don't need another.

Sneijder can of course play CM. A lot of people claim Paul Scholes was an attacking midfielder yet he played CM. Nasri can adapt to this role aswell as Sneijder can.

Maybe you're right in saying we won't sign anyone and give Anderson a shot. But I don't think it would make any sense. He is one of the midfield players that got destroyed by Barca's midfield twice. He will never be as good as Xavi or Iniesta.[b'] A player of Nasri[/b] or Sneijder's calibre can match them to an extent.

Of course dealing with Messi is impossible but we can't go into another season without making our CM stronger. If we don't then we will just get beaten off the park by Barca should we play them.

And I'm not saying if we get Sneijder or Nasri we will beat them but it would help.

No, just no.

Nasri is good for about 4-5 games per season. And even then, he's still no where near Sneijder, Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas, etc level.

For the other 30+ games, Anderson is better than him.

I think Sneijder is too attack minded, and more used to playing the role Rooney is playing.

For that reason, I think S.A.F will find another diamond in the rough, or you'll stick with the Brazilian.

Players of Snjeders ability may also adapt to play a different role though. I personally think sticking with Anderson is the best option, and as I posted before the way Modric sprays passes around is like Scoles without the goals. But if Snjeder were to be signed a player of his quality could adapt to United's system and havea great effect. His set-pieces are quality as well. Young's are as well coem to think about it

No' date=' just no.

Nasri is good for about 4-5 games per season. And even then, he's still no where near Sneijder, Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas, etc level.

For the other 30+ games, Anderson is better than him.

I think Sneijder is too attack minded, and more used to playing the role Rooney is playing.

For that reason, I think S.A.F will find another diamond in the rough, or you'll stick with the Brazilian.[/quote']

I saw alot of Arsenal matches last season and tbh Nasri was quite good in them all, brilliant at times. He was good against Barca at the Emirates :P So what if Sneijder is too attack minded? We need a creative midfield who is attack minded.

I saw alot of Arsenal matches last season and tbh Nasri was quite good in them all' date=' brilliant at times. He was good against Barca at the Emirates :P So what if Sneijder is too attack minded? We need a creative midfield who is attack minded.[/quote']

Yes, but, then what about rooney? him annd rooney would basically be trying to do the same role, which I don't thinnk will work well.

Nasri manages to do one skill or pass, and the media hypes him as an unbelievable talent etc.

And he wasn't as good as Iniesta was, in the UCL finals ;)

I saw alot of Arsenal matches last season and tbh Nasri was quite good in them all' date=' brilliant at times. He was good against Barca at the Emirates :P So what if Sneijder is too attack minded? We need a creative midfield who is attack minded.[/quote']

Up 'til what date? ;):D

No' date=' just no.

For the other 30+ games, [b']Anderson is better than him.[/b]I think Sneijder is too attack minded, and more used to playing the role Rooney is playing.

For that reason, I think S.A.F will find another diamond in the rough, or you'll stick with the Brazilian.

:eek:

Nasri was emmense the first half of the season and got outshadowed bu RVP the second half.

Nasri is more creative than Anderson and scores 2-3 times more goals than him in a season (sometimes 10-12 times more)

Good De Gea signed. Just a midfielder to sign.

Wonder who we'll sell?

:eek:

Nasri was emmense the first half of A FEW GAMES and got outshadowed by RVP the second half.

Nasri is more creative than Anderson and scores 2-3 times more goals than him in a season (sometimes 10-12 times more)

Good De Gea signed. Just a midfielder to sign.

Wonder who we'll sell?

Correction ;)

It was obviously a bit of an exggeration though, but urgh, he's just so over-rated it frustrates me.