Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils thread

It is seeming more and more likely that Nasri will leave-

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/07/01/2555679/manchester-united-set-to-battle-manchester-city-by-making

Both teams have made bids it seems, whether they will be accepted and what Nasri chooses remains to be clear. Wtih Fabregas looking quite likely to leave either these rumours are false or Arsenal really are dismantling their squad.

And somewhat predictably

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_7013085,00.html

Can't say I, or anyone else, would be that surprised by this tbh but a few did mention it on this fourm.

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Some transfer news

Tunnicliffe along with wootton seem set for a loan move to Peterborough. Surprised to see Tunnicliffe go out on loan as I don't think he is ready for that yet his style of play should see him adjust soon enough.

Nicky Ajose failed to agree terms with Shorpe so looks like that move is off. Had a great time at Bury last season so I guess we could a good fee for him.

Rumours suggest Joshua King failed a medical which could put his potential loan move to Gladbach on hold, only rumours at this stage though..

It is seeming more and more likely that Nasri will leave-

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/07/01/2555679/manchester-united-set-to-battle-manchester-city-by-making

Both teams have made bids it seems' date=' whether they will be accepted and what Nasri chooses remains to be clear. Wtih Fabregas looking quite likely to leave either these rumours are false or Arsenal really are dismantling their squad.

And somewhat predictably

[url']http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_7013085,00.html[/url]

Can't say I, or anyone else, would be that surprised by this tbh but a few did mention it on this fourm.

City offering him much better wage then United he ll probably sign for City

But wages aren't everything are they. Lots of players could be on huge wages at City but turned them down. Sucess in the EPL and UCL are more likely at United. F.A cup and League cup both teams have a good shot at. And where Nasri would feel he would fit in best (competition for places, playing style, etc) could be either club.

He said he wants to win trophies, he's more or less guaranteed atleast a carling cup at united nearly every season, so he'll join united! There's only one winner really when united and chiteh are after a player, and with the talent nasri possesses, im sure he'll join united over chiteh, and more than likely he'll be on more at united than he was at arsenal.

He said he wants to win trophies' date=' he's more or less guaranteed atleast a carling cup at united nearly every season, so he'll join united! [b']There's only one winner really when united and chiteh are after a player[/b], and with the talent nasri possesses, im sure he'll join united over chiteh, and more than likely he'll be on more at united than he was at arsenal.

Depends if they see the pound signs or not;)

I think if city do start winning trophies I think they will calm down the wages a wee bit (for new signings anyway) as they would be able to offer trophies instead of money.

Read somewhere that city are paying 14 million on wages for players like Santa Cruz because they can't sell them as they won't take a pay cut.

Enough talking about city...

Nasri would be a good signing as he can play in the middle of midfield or on the wing(if need be). Plays better in the middle IMO though

He said he wants to win trophies' date=' he's more or less guaranteed atleast a carling cup at united nearly every season, so he'll join united! There's only one winner really when united and chiteh are after a player, and with the talent nasri possesses, im sure he'll join united over chiteh, and more than likely he'll be on more at united than he was at arsenal.[/quote']

Are you sure you're a Liverpool fan? :o Nearly as bad as the United 'fan' who doesn't mind Leeds :P

@andy. long post so no need to quote it properly!

some interesting points. on the face of it yes 50m looks like a lot but with your reasoning it isnt actually a lot if you look at it from that point of view.

im not pro / against glazers or anything, i like football not all that ownership nonense. goes way over my head but anyway.

they save wages yes, but paying the new players wages could easily be double the wages of one wes brown etc. so the 3 signings they got are probably on huge wages: your half right but i think that does offset it a bit.

more importantly though, why spend so much ?

they won the league, and i know they need to replace scholes and giggs ( VDS obviously but thats already done) and people are saying they need to buy to rival barca, but that will never happen.

they already have a good squad and the ridiculous fees demanded by clubs now mean its actually bad business sense to buy.

i dont think the owners are stingy, more that everybody can see there is very little value in the market.

it would take near enough 50m for modric, possibly 30m for sneijder which is reasonable.

but who could they actually buy / you say that you wont be convinced until they do, but how many sensible buys are out there?

its hard to actually drop into the market because clubs demand ridiculous fees for players.

edit : just looked back and i agree with what you say.

modric is the only one who would fit, but he is unsellable.

to sum it up the glazers have spent big: but thats because old players leaving means they have had too. or ferdinands injury prone tendancies. if they didnt united could be in a big slump by january.

and modric isnt for sale so tbh, the squad could easily stay as it is.

United are rumoured to be looking at a 400million sponsorship with Nike (BBC Gossip). Should help United spend on transfers/wages even with the fair play rules.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2010664/Fergie-Barca-beat-35m-Sanchez--Sneijder-Modric-sights.html

No quotes from Fergie in that article but still it doesn't sound too unrealistic. Even though both clubs are going to demand a huge fee for both players that aren't really essential for United (De Gea for example was).

EDIT; Called stupid by a chef:rolleyes: ironic

Depends if they see the pound signs or not;)

I think if city do start winning trophies I think they will calm down the wages a wee bit (for new signings anyway) as they would be able to offer trophies instead of money.

Read somewhere that city are paying 14 million on wages for players like Santa Cruz because they can't sell them as they won't take a pay cut.

Enough talking about city...

Nasri would be a good signing as he can play in the middle of midfield or on the wing(if need be). Plays better in the middle IMO though

doesnt be so smart City wanted him offered him contract,no one with half brain would accept cutting wage when u have running contract,its mistake of City s managment i would fire someone for offering such contracts,players around 30 maybe if he was 21 then he would still have much selling value,as far as i know City starting to win tropheys so that argument isnt good enough anymore,if i am Nasri i would accept City contract and probably he will,and if United get deal with Nike they should sign Nasri and Sneider immediatelly if possible

Amazing that he loves United so much LOOOOOL

i find it funnier ronaldo straight away says 20m a year. he mentions nothing of winning, club heritage or winning mentality or tradition.

money money money, its the only thing city have to offer. the players dont even want to play for the club for any other reason.

the phrase " mercenaries" has been used and this article demonstrates it perfectly.

its quite sad that a team can do this really. take a rubbish team to sucess just by getting a rich owner while teams like everton struggle but still acheive.

@Cristiano The Sunday Mirror publishes an interview with me today. All that content is false. I have never spoke with the newspaper, and never made those statements

@Cristiano The Sunday Mirror publishes an interview with me today. All that content is false. I have never spoke with the newspaper' date=' and never made those statements[/quote']

Everyone who is not deluded would know that the link was false. But this is the same person who thinks United are "old" and "slow":rolleyes: so I wouldn't be surprised if he believed it. Posting links is fine-but when they are so blatantly lies:rolleyes: what is the point?:confused:

Everyone who is not deluded would know that the link was false. But this is the same person who thinks United are "old" and "slow":rolleyes: so I wouldn't be surprised if he believed it. Posting links is fine-but when they are so blatantly lies:rolleyes: what is the point?:confused:

U do it on the arsenal thread all the time :S.. So I don't have a clue what ur on about when u clearly do it all the time now stfu.

U do it on the arsenal thread all the time :S.. So I don't have a clue what ur on about when u clearly do it all the time now stfu.

My links are all pretty reliable;) Bit in bold-(is the summer transfer window not shaping up how you would like? Someone is a little fiesty:D

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/07/03/2558367/samir-nasri-hints-that-he-may-have-to-quit-arsenal-to-win

I personally think for a player to say that strongly suggests he will be allowed to leave. Before people criticise goal.com there are PLENTY of other sources that say the same thing and not just for Nasri. With Chelsea having reportedly made a big money bid for Pastore as well it looks like United or City are in the running for Nasri. Unless he decides to go abroad anyway but I think he wil stay in England.

My links are all pretty reliable;) Bit in bold-(is the summer transfer window not shaping up how you would like? Someone is a little fiesty:D

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/07/03/2558367/samir-nasri-hints-that-he-may-have-to-quit-arsenal-to-win

I personally think for a player to say that strongly suggests he will be allowed to leave. Before people criticise goal.com there are PLENTY of other sources that say the same thing and not just for Nasri. With Chelsea having reportedly made a big money bid for Pastore as well it looks like United or City are in the running for Nasri. Unless he decides to go abroad anyway but I think he wil stay in England.

I think we should stay on topic, this isn't the Arsenal thread. :)

But I can't see Nasri going anywhere, except Man City tbh, I don't think Wegner would sell to United.

Sorry did i see you write your links are pretty reliable then use goal.com.

Wow.

I think we should stay on topic' date=' this isn't the Arsenal thread. :)

But I can't see Nasri going anywhere, except Man City tbh, I don't think Wegner would sell to United.[/quote']

Just gonna copy my post from the Chelsea thread (lazy:p)

Pastore has been rumored to be on the move. And with one team that has already met the 50 million I think it could be Chelsea. Madrid and Barca do not need him, Milan don't seem to be happy paying over the odds and have had deals rejected due to this (Cissokho, Witsel) so would not pay the 40-50 million for him really and United wouldn't pay that much for him and he doesn't fit the current system.

That leaves Inter, Chelsea and City as teams that could realisctically sign him. He is good enough to be useful to them all, but as Inter already have Snjeder I think it is between City and Chelsea. Would be a great signing for either team IMO.

So based on this there is a good chance that Pastore may be off to City. Chelsea is possible but would they make two huge signings (him and Torres) in one season?

So if City get Pastore United may get Nasri I feel.