Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Manchester United have entered the race to sign Toulouse forward Moussa Sissoko' date=' according to sources in France.

Full story: talkSPORT

I love false rumours, but I even more love false rumours wherein the people making the rumour do not know the players position :D[/quote']

Load of bull.

Wes Brown has signed officially for Sunderland. A good player for many years, will miss that chant :P

According to the Gossip on the website the Times late last night came out and said we had a 20m bid for Nasri rejected and the Guardian has the same story this morning. Apparently Arsenal are holding out for £25m. Imo' date=' I don't think he is worth £25m considering he has 1 year left on his contract.[/quote']

Fair point but i think a Sneijder/Nasri type player is the missing piece of the jigsaw for Sir Alex. I also heard on skysports that Nasri will hold talks with wenger and tell him that he wants to join utd... hope its true as he wud be a great asset!

61758853.jpg

Tribute to O'shea:D

Shame to see both Brown and O'shea go, both great servants to the club and I thought we could've got some more money for them though its fairly understandable with Brown's injury worries. Really do wonder if it's worth selling O'shea for such a small sum knowing that the twins are made of glass...

61758853.jpg

Tribute to O'shea:D

Shame to see both Brown and O'shea go' date=' both great servants to the club and I thought we could've got some more money for them though its fairly understandable with Brown's injury worries. Really do wonder if it's worth selling O'shea for such a small sum knowing that the twins are made of glass...[/quote']

LOL :D When I saw him in GK's Jersey it reminded me of this :D

79NLmSokD2I

My personal tribute to O'shea would be:

qHxJThRSkHQ

;)

Yeah that's the most important goal he'll ever score' date=' the best however was that brilliant lob against Arsenal..[/quote']

Yeah got to agree, superb lob. Was watching a youtube clip earlier and it said 'John O'Shea, the swiss army knife of football'

Yeah got to agree' date=' superb lob. Was watching a youtube clip earlier and it said 'John O'Shea, the swiss army knife of football'[/quote']

Remember how good he was that season? Nutmegging Figo and then that amazing run, cut in side and shot against Newcastle before Scholes/Solskjaer/Giggs got the rebound :P

I've always meant to ask this but what creed is Wes Brown supposed to be?

Not great question that people would keep in the back of thier heads I would have thought:p

I myself am surprised that Hargreaves is being linked to teams like Leicester. I know he has been injured a lot but he was world class when fit so could still play a part for some premier league teams IMO. Obviously depends on whether he has retained that quality but he could add something to teams in the PL-on his day he could be a sub player for teams like Wigan surely?

Not great question that people would keep in the back of thier heads I would have thought:p

I myself am surprised that Hargreaves is being linked to teams like Leicester. I know he has been injured a lot but he was world class when fit so could still play a part for some premier league teams IMO. Obviously depends on whether he has retained that quality but he could add something to teams in the PL-on his day he could be a sub player for teams like Wigan surely?

Yet i see you're not capable of giving me an answer, muppet.

Yet i see you're not capable of giving me an answer' date=' muppet.[/quote']

Not worth an answer. Strange kind of question that you have been meaning to ask for a long time.

Oshea and Brown left but where is Gibson supposed to be going? I haven't heard about Sunderland bidding for him. He could stay to be fair-with Anderson, Fletcher and Carrick ahead of him its not like he isn't good enough to be used as a back up. And if Giggs and Young play in the middle he is even further down the order. And of course Pogba could prove to be good so Gibson could well stay. He is still quite young so can improve-Fletche was a late bloomer as well. Not saying Gibson will be as infleuntial as Fletcher, but he may just take longer reaching his potential.

Not worth an answer. Strange kind of question that you have been meaning to ask for a long time.

Oshea and Brown left but where is Gibson supposed to be going? I haven't heard about Sunderland bidding for him. He could stay to be fair-with Anderson' date=' Fletcher and Carrick ahead of him its not like he isn't good enough to be used as a back up. And if Giggs and Young play in the middle he is even further down the order. And of course Pogba could prove to be good so Gibson could well stay. He is still quite young so can improve-Fletche was a late bloomer as well. Not saying Gibson will be as infleuntial as Fletcher, but he may just take longer reaching his potential.[/quote']

If it's not worth an answer, why did you quote it?

Well no PL clubs have been willing to take a chance on him yet. It seems as if Sven is willing to take him to Sweden on our pre-season tour, get him training with the squad and perhaps play a couple of friendlies and see how he does. He'd have huge wages though, not sure if it's worth the risk to be honest.

Well no PL clubs have been willing to take a chance on him yet. It seems as if Sven is willing to take him to Sweden on our pre-season tour' date=' get him training with the squad and perhaps play a couple of friendlies and see how he does. He'd have huge wages though, not sure if it's worth the risk to be honest.[/quote']

To be honest even if he stayed in an EPL club his wages would have to take a huge slash. And though he may be used to 60k a week (maybe more) even a job where he gets 10k a week is still a lot. i know tax takes a lot but IMO dropping down to lower wages in the championship still earns him a lot of money. If he gets 10k a week (after tax) that is still half a million a year for him so its not like he would be playing for very little. Woodgate is in a similar situation to him-teams seem reluctant to take him on and it would be interesting to see where the pair end up.

On United Facebook page there is some question who else should we buy' date='and I am suprised that almost every answer is Nasri,I thought that people would vote for Sneijder.[/quote']

It's because their all idiots and know nothing, I would rather have Sneijder over Nasri any day.

Oshea and Brown left but where is Gibson supposed to be going? I haven't heard about Sunderland bidding for him. He could stay to be fair-with Anderson' date=' Fletcher and Carrick ahead of him its not like he isn't good enough to be used as a back up. And if Giggs and Young play in the middle he is even further down the order. And of course Pogba could prove to be good so Gibson could well stay. He is still quite young so can improve-Fletche was a late bloomer as well. Not saying Gibson will be as infleuntial as Fletcher, but he may just take longer reaching his potential.[/quote']

Gibson is as good as gone, O'Shea came out and said Gibson is choosing between Stoke and Sunderland right now.

Why would he go back to a league where he didn't fit in right? And he is too good for Malaga.

Why did Robinho go to a league where he didn't fit in right? He was too good for Manchester City (at the time).

Yup' date=' that's right - for the moolah.

* That said, the two situations are somewhat different. Robinho had been frozen out by Real Madrid, while Sneijder would remain a key player for Inter next season. BUT, stranger things have happened...