Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Or you could have got Silva for Veron or Hart and De Jong instead of De Gea :) We've also had to deal in a really different economic climate to you. Freddo's were 10p when you bought Rooney' date=' now they're 17p![/quote']

All very true ... esp. Freddos.

Tracing that conversation back to my original statement - I think we can all agree Smalling is a snip at 7m though :P

Yeah' date=' we're preparing for when you bunch of glory hunters become City fans :)[/quote']

ahh, thought it was you lot considering jumping ship, you spend a lot of time here.

All very true ... esp. Freddos.

Tracing that conversation back to my original statement - I think we can all agree Smalling is a snip at 7m though :P

Wham Bars are now a whopping 20P up 10P.

Missed the whole Smalling debate but here is my tuppence for those who don't have me on ignore :D

Smalling is a 'good' PL defender - he hasn't yet shown that he is world class (in my view).

Is a right back? Not sure - Gary Neville (of all people) picked out a few errors he made last night - against a very poor Bulgaria side. Is he better at right back than Rabio or Fafael? YEY (again IMO)

I did spot on here someone saying that he is a 'good buy' for £7mill - for an extra 400k you could have got Kompany :) or even Bebe (of course you did actually do that lol)

And before anyone says it? YES I am fully aware of what an utter waste of funds RSC was :)

IMO Rafael is a much better wing back and offers more in an attacking sense and on that note I prefer him at RB. I really cant wait for him to get back so that Evans can take his rightful place on the bench.

In terms of a comparison to Kompany, I would still take smalling over him any day of the week, simple reason being they are different kinds of CB and of Kompany's kind we have 2 who are superior in Jones and Vidic.

On the point of "is he world class"?

Name me one england defender who is at the moment. Ferdinand is a walking corpse and Terry hasn't been at the top of his game for 18 months now. IMO England only has 'good' PL defenders. The difference is Smalling is young and continues to improve and impress.

And cant help but point out you bought the waste of space that is Balotelli, Bebe was always going to be a 3 or 4 year project (thats IF he makes it lol)

IMO Rafael is a much better wing back and offers more in an attacking sense and on that note I prefer him at RB. I really cant wait for him to get back so that Evans can take his rightful place on the bench.

In terms of a comparison to Kompany' date=' I would still take smalling over him any day of the week, simple reason being they are different kinds of CB [b']and of Kompany's kind we have 2 who are superior in Jones and Vidic. [/b]

On the point of "is he world class"?

Name me one england defender who is at the moment. Ferdinand is a walking corpse and Terry hasn't been at the top of his game for 18 months now. IMO England only has 'good' PL defenders. The difference is Smalling is young and continues to improve and impress.

And cant help but point out you bought the waste of space that is Balotelli, Bebe was always going to be a 3 or 4 year project (thats IF he makes it lol)

Jones isn't better than Kompany...

Just no.

As if you werent all bored....

BBC Website/Sunday Mirror

Inter Milan midfielder Wesley Sneijder has told friends that his failed move to Manchester United could still happen in the New Year.

I think the journos really are scraping the barrel to justify their pay checks at the moment.

The next time someone accuses me of peddling the same old nonsense on this thread I'll point to you all posting carp about Sneijder :D

I have seen him play' date=' mind you he has never stood out for me personally as a hard worker, I have seen him whenever 'Pool are playing on Sky Sports and MOTD, and I have seen Walker play when he was at QPR and Villa last season and most of those were only on MOTD, but Walker still stands out more for me.[/quote']

Did you see him against Arsenal? Doubt it. If Walker was all that he wouldn't be getting loaned out every season, much easier to stand out in teams like villa, Kelly does it for Liverpool, his direct running forward causes numerous problems for defenders, and he has a balance to his game, knows when to get forward and when to stay back, solid defender aswell, as i said before though his injuries are starting to become a problem, maybe his body is more suited to the CB role, early signs show this, anyways we'll see.

Smalling is definatly Man Uniteds best Right Back' date=' Rafael just screams stupidity and inexperience, he's challenges are messy, he's marking is almost non-exsistant , he had some good matches, but he doesn't seem world class, his tackle on Meireles last season his two foot challenge he was lucky to get away with, there were many occasions where Rafael got lucky with the ref, and he was dismissed a couple of times for challenges a first team defender should just not be making. He doesn't seem to improve either, he has a great game gets praise then becomes stupid in the next match. What i've seen of Fabio is that he seems to be better than Rafael, but he's a LB isn't he?[/quote']

Either way Rafa is a better than Kelly.

Wanted to 'see' but didn't 'watch' - if you 'want' to do something then do it ;)

Perhaps what LeeQ meant (sorry for making assumptions) is that he 'wanted Smalling to start' not that he 'wanted to SEE smalling start'.

As LeeQ appears to enjoy picking up on the finer details of anyones posts I thought I should highlight his lost opportunity to something he wanted to do.

Smalling has started the season well - and from the parts I saw last night he played well - although not sure he is an out and out right back (yet).

I'm not sure who the best England rightback is at the moment - but being Scottish (as LeeQ likes to point out for some reason) I don't actually care :D So long as England don't win anything I really don't care lol

what ?

Im sorry mate but sometimes I cant do what I want, I would like to be a free soul like your self but I have other things to do other than football or does that mean Im not A "Real" fan ?

As if you werent all bored....

BBC Website/Sunday Mirror

I think the journos really are scraping the barrel to justify their pay checks at the moment.

The next time someone accuses me of peddling the same old nonsense on this thread I'll point to you all posting carp about Sneijder :D

But wasnt there a legit chance of Sneijder moving to us ?

Just a minor detail' date=' that is really naive saying there was no interest in him because we didnt bid.[/quote']

That's not what you said though was it? :rolleyes:

There wouldn't be a legitimate chance of Sneijder moving to United if United didn't make a bid for Sneijder...

Are you simple?

He didn't say there was no intrest' date=' he said there was only a legit chance of him signing if a bid was placed, How hard is that to understand :confused:[/quote']

Not hard at all to understand, do u find simple sentences hard to understand ?

I bet you do.

I was saying that there does not have to been a bid made to stand a chance of signing him.

I think the actual reason he wasnt signed was because of salary demands yes ?

Not hard at all to understand' date=' do u find simple sentences hard to understand ?

I bet you do.

I was saying that there does not have to been a bid made to stand a chance of signing him.

I think the actual reason he wasnt signed was because of salary demands yes ?[/quote']

Yes at the age of 17 i'm the head of admin at my local business company where day to day I write to consumers and deal with orders, hmmm I struggle with sentences.

Obviously you struggled with his sentence as I understood it and you came with a stupid comeback that make's you look stupider than you've proved you can be the past few weeks. Well yeah a bid needs to be placed, there was interest but if you don't bid you aren't signing him, or have you managed to sign players without placing a bid for them on SM, how? :rolleyes:

Yes at the age of 17 i'm the head of admin at my local business company where day to day I write to consumers and deal with orders' date=' hmmm I struggle with sentences.

Obviously you struggled with his sentence as I understood it and you came with a stupid comeback that make's you look stupider than you've proved you can be the past few weeks. Well yeah a bid needs to be placed, there was interest but if you don't bid you aren't signing him, or have you managed to sign players without placing a bid for them on SM, how? :rolleyes:[/quote']

And you are wrong, the fee being agreed is one of many factors in determining a transfer.

Nowadays player demands are just as important as transfer fees.

Yes I bet you use words like stupider alot ****.

And you are wrong' date=' the fee being agreed is one of many factors in determining a transfer.

Nowadays player demands are just as important as transfer fees.[/quote']

Well I would use longer words like I did before but that's belittling isn't it and infraction worthy :rolleyes:. Yes but there was no fee agreed so no chance.

Well I would use longer words like I did before but that's belittling isn't it and infraction worthy :rolleyes:. Yes but there was no fee agreed so no chance.

Nope there is always a chance, if u do deal with accounts and balance sheets you would know that.

And I think the fee is one of the last things to be agreed sometimes.