Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Would be a superb signing' date=' but the £17.8 million fee being thrown around scares me.

has sir alex spoken on the ronaldo deal or is he still on holiday

Yes, he commented briefly a few days. Something along the lines of "He wanted to go, we were lucky to keep him for as long as we did". I'm sure if you search around you can find it.

Ronaldo being Ronaldo I would not be totaly shocked if he turned down the move and said he wants to stay at Man Utd lol

What a story that would be lol :D I heard the Spanish Government aren't too impressed with Madrids dealings... Imagine the coverage the story would get if he did stay. :o

Here you go guys, the full Premiership fixture list for next season.

Take no notice of Kick-off times and the dates, they'll be moved when Sky and maybe Sultana get their mitts on them :o

Saturday, 15 August 2009

Barclays Premier League

Man Utd v Birmingham, 15:00

Tuesday, 18 August 2009

Barclays Premier League

Burnley v Man Utd, 19:45

Saturday, 22 August 2009

Barclays Premier League

Wigan v Man Utd, 15:00

Saturday, 29 August 2009

Barclays Premier League

Man Utd v Arsenal, 15:00

Saturday, 12 September 2009

Barclays Premier League

Tottenham v Man Utd, 15:00

Saturday, 19 September 2009

Barclays Premier League

Man Utd v Man City, 15:00

Saturday, 26 September 2009

Barclays Premier League

Stoke v Man Utd, 15:00

Saturday, 3 October 2009

Barclays Premier League

Man Utd v Sunderland, 15:00

Saturday, 17 October 2009

Barclays Premier League

Man Utd v Bolton, 15:00

Saturday, 24 October 2009

Barclays Premier League

Liverpool v Man Utd, 15:00

Saturday, 31 October 2009

Barclays Premier League

Man Utd v Blackburn, 15:00

Saturday, 7 November 2009

Barclays Premier League

Chelsea v Man Utd, 15:00

Saturday, 21 November 2009

Barclays Premier League

Man Utd v Everton, 15:00

Saturday, 28 November 2009

Barclays Premier League

Portsmouth v Man Utd, 15:00

Saturday, 5 December 2009

Barclays Premier League

West Ham v Man Utd, 15:00

Saturday, 12 December 2009

Barclays Premier League

Man Utd v Aston Villa, 15:00

Tuesday, 15 December 2009

Barclays Premier League

Man Utd v Wolverhampton, 19:45

Saturday, 19 December 2009

Barclays Premier League

Fulham v Man Utd, 15:00

Saturday, 26 December 2009

Barclays Premier League

Hull v Man Utd, 15:00

Monday, 28 December 2009

Barclays Premier League

Man Utd v Wigan, 15:00

Saturday, 9 January 2010

Barclays Premier League

Birmingham v Man Utd, 15:00

Saturday, 16 January 2010

Barclays Premier League

Man Utd v Burnley, 15:00

Tuesday, 26 January 2010

Barclays Premier League

Man Utd v Hull, 19:45

Saturday, 30 January 2010

Barclays Premier League

Arsenal v Man Utd, 15:00

Saturday, 6 February 2010

Barclays Premier League

Man Utd v Portsmouth, 15:00

Wednesday, 10 February 2010

Barclays Premier League

Aston Villa v Man Utd, 19:45

Saturday, 20 February 2010

Barclays Premier League

Everton v Man Utd, 15:00

Saturday, 27 February 2010

Barclays Premier League

Man Utd v West Ham, 15:00

Saturday, 6 March 2010

Barclays Premier League

Wolverhampton v Man Utd, 15:00

Saturday, 13 March 2010

Barclays Premier League

Man Utd v Fulham, 15:00

Saturday, 20 March 2010

Barclays Premier League

Man Utd v Liverpool, 15:00

Saturday, 27 March 2010

Barclays Premier League

Bolton v Man Utd, 15:00

Saturday, 3 April 2010

Barclays Premier League

Man Utd v Chelsea, 15:00

Saturday, 10 April 2010

Barclays Premier League

Blackburn v Man Utd, 15:00

Saturday, 17 April 2010

Barclays Premier League

Man City v Man Utd, 15:00

Saturday, 24 April 2010

Barclays Premier League

Man Utd v Tottenham, 15:00

Saturday, 1 May 2010

Barclays Premier League

Sunderland v Man Utd, 15:00

Sunday, 9 May 2010

Barclays Premier League

Man Utd v Stoke, 15:00

Nice to see a couple of big games early on, namely Arsenal and City. Also, we have the advantage of when the games come thick and fast towards the end of the season, Both Chelski and the Scousers have to come to OT.

EDIT - Bonus also, last game of the season is my birthday, hoping not to remember any of it due to excessive celebrations of 4 in a row and overtaking Liverpool in title's won :-)

One player I would like us to sign is Rossi. Looks one hell of a player but unlike most of the targets we are after I doubt his buy back clause would be too expensive.

Don't think it's a buy back clause as such, it's first option if Villareal decide to sell. Wouldn't mind him back either tbh

Don't think it's a buy back clause as such' date=' it's first option if Villareal decide to sell. Wouldn't mind him back either tbh[/quote']

reading through the web Ferguson said something on the lines of we have an option to bring him back when we sold him. Nowhere have I actually found something concrete(his official does not even talk about such a clause).So you may be right.In which case no chance of signing Rossi

reading through the web Ferguson said something on the lines of we have an option to bring him back when we sold him. Nowhere have I actually found something concrete(his official does not even talk about such a clause).So you may be right.In which case no chance of signing Rossi

Found this

It's from goal.com so the story itself should be taken with a pinch of salt' date=' but it does mention the supposed "clause"

Another along the same lines from the telegraph here

Would be a superb signing' date=' but the £17.8 million fee being thrown around scares me.

[/quote']

Just by being Manchester United we get few million added to a transfer list price, also with the sale of Ronaldo everyone knows we have money now and frankly that will add loads too. Can't see us signing anyone on the cheap now, the football inflation doesn't exactly help.

Juventus signed Diego for about 20 million pounds, had it been Manchester United in for him the price would most certainly have risen to 25 - 30 million, it's not fair but it's just the way it is.

Just by being Manchester United we get few million added to a transfer list price' date=' also with the sale of Ronaldo everyone knows we have money now and frankly that will add loads too. Can't see us signing anyone on the cheap now, the football inflation doesn't exactly help.

Juventus signed Diego for about 20 million pounds, had it been Manchester United in for him the price would most certainly have risen to 25 - 30 million, it's not fair but it's just the way it is.[/quote']

While I can totally agree with what your saying, I think in the case of Douglas Costa its his 'buyout clause'.

O well, i have been gone for quite a while but i'm back for a bit. ;) Just read that Tevez will be leaving even though we made him a great offer, that includes the 25.5 million pound transfer fee and a salary that would make him one of the highest paid players in ManU; he still rejected. Quite a big loss, i mean i was hoping we would be able to keep him. :(

But anyway, we have to concentrate on getting some quality players now or we really will be in a spot of trouble next season. I hear we could launch a bid for Benzema..... lets hope. :P:)

O well' date=' i have been gone for quite a while but i'm back for a bit. ;) Just read that Tevez will be leaving even though we made him a great offer, that includes the 25.5 million pound transfer fee and a salary that would make him one of the highest paid players in ManU; he still rejected. Quite a big loss, i mean i was hoping we would be able to keep him. :(

But anyway, we have to concentrate on getting some quality players now or we really will be in a spot of trouble next season. I hear we could launch a bid for Benzema..... lets hope. :P:)[/quote']

After what United offered him (would have made him one of the highest paid players in the club) I was really surprised hes decided to leave United. I personally think its Ferguson, cause he kep playing Berbatov over him.

If I was a Man Utd fan (I thank god daily I'm not :D ) then I would be saying good riddance to Tevez and just be happy he did well on his loan.

Reason being hes been offered a deal and a great wage at the 2nd biggest club in the world and hes rejected it' date=' he says he was treat bad etc and never played but thats bs really has he played quite a few games (I think just as many as Rooney and Berbs) and he featured in most the big matches.

Playing at clubs like Man Utd you can't expect to start every single game and you can't just be as demanding as he is, I think Tevez thinks hes bigger than the club and its best without that type (aka Ronaldo)[/quote']

You basically just typed out what I think.. lol You would be a great United fan yano. ;):P

I believe he has in fact played more games then Berb and Rooney, so he hasn't got a foot to stand on that note really. Correction, *biggest team in the world (:D)(debatable). I never thought Tevez had such a big ego, but we have seen in it now, demanding to become one of out highest paid and then rejecting is an insult. And his reasoning, according to Joo, is that he wasn't given enough time?! We made the offer 10 days ago, yet he has enough time to consider Chelsea and Citys offers? :rolleyes: I hope he goes to City, because unfortunately he will fit in well with the rest of the money grabbers.

Personally, I think he is a good player, but worth £32 million? I don't think so and I'm actually surprised we made the offer in the end. (We definitely wouldn't have if Ronaldo stayed) People are easily fooled by a player who runs around like a mad person, when in fact they aren't doing an awful lot.

As for who we should bring in now... Valencia is as good as done imo. Hopefully we wrap up a deal for Benzema soon and then he buy another forward. Maybe Eto'o? Hes a proven goalscorer and would be a good signing for us. Hes a bit old for Alex's liking though I guess.

If I was a Man Utd fan (I thank god daily I'm not :D ) then I would be saying good riddance to Tevez and just be happy he did well on his loan.

Reason being hes been offered a deal and a great wage at the 2nd biggest club in the world and hes rejected it' date=' he says he was treat bad etc and never played but thats bs really has he played quite a few games (I think just as many as Rooney and Berbs) and he featured in most the big matches.

Playing at clubs like Man Utd you can't expect to start every single game and you can't just be as demanding as he is, I think Tevez thinks hes bigger than the club and its best without that type (aka Ronaldo)[/quote']I think that sums up everything.

Tevez wanted to be one of our highest earners and when offered the deal he turns it down.. who is he Ronaldo?!?

On the plus side it now leaves us with an extra £30m to spend.. Benzema springs to mind as does Eto'o..

Tevez to City so he can crash and burn.

I'm gonna have to go with burs there. Tevez does not have and ego. He is a great great player and he did not leave because of the salary, that need was met it was the fact that he was not getting starts that he left. You guys say he got the start the big games....... he only started one game against Arsenal and and the Liverpool games, he did not start any of the Chelsea games or the CL games against Inter or the final of the CL and the two Arsenal CL games.... After he scored four goals in the FA Cup against B'burn did Fergie start him the next game...... no........ He was just fed-up of not getting the starts. I can't blame him for that, he is a quality player and he deserves more. Even if he had got the salary he wanted Fergie would still not started him more often. IMO that's why he left, he wanted to start games. And trust me he is NOT going to go to Man City. He said he would not join Liverpool due to loyalty to ManU, coz they were our biggest threat last season. ;)

All i have to say is best of luck Tevez; and i hope we get Benzema...... Lyon have stated that they are ready to sell Benzema if a good offer comes in. :):P

While Tevez did get as many games... MOST of them were sub appearences.

Tevez 18 starts, 11 sub apps, 1879 mins.

Berbatov 29 starts, 2 sub apps, 2570 mins.

Rooney 25 starts, 5 sub apps, 2289 mins.

Look at the facts rather then just presuming hes played just as much as Berba and Rooney. Plus, Rooney has more mins, and he spent quite a few games out injured last season, to put it into perspective. With Rooney having an injury free season, we could be looking at more like Tevez, 15 starts.. and Rooney 28 starts. So...

I'm not a secret Man Utd fan mate so would not know these things like some :D and have no intesrest in looking them up as I simple don't care enough about Tevez leaving Utd to do so :P

It wasn't 100% aimed at you, I just think that you need to consider how good a player he is, and then consider that all he wants is game time, and therefore United isn't the team for him. I was just showing those who have said hes played as many as Rooney and Berba, they are very clearly wrong about his game time. If he felt he was too big for the club, then surely he would be playing EVERY game, then be seeking to play at Real or summat for a HUGE wage. Having turned down a big wage at United just confirms he is only interested in football, and the game time he will get playing for another team.

It wasn't 100% aimed at you' date=' I just think that you need to consider how good a player he is, and then consider that all he wants is game time, and therefore United isn't the team for him. I was just showing those who have said hes played as many as Rooney and Berba, they are very clearly wrong about his game time. If he felt he was too big for the club, then surely he would be playing EVERY game, then be seeking to play at Real or summat for a HUGE wage. Having turned down a big wage at United just confirms he is only interested in football, and the game time he will get playing for another team.[/quote']

TBH though with Ronaldo gone he might actually have become more of a first choice player than last season, which makes his decision even more strange.

Well we have lost Tevez and Ronaldo' date=' we really need to sign someone. Even Benzema will do. Only the Valencia deal looks certain atm but until it's completed you never know. Maicon could be leaving and would be perfect for us. Liverpool look better than us atm:o[/quote']

Even Benzema will do? :P Believe me the guy is class and will do class for us imo. I think the sticking point in the Valencia deal is the price. Apparently Wigan want £18 mil or so but United are only willing to play £12 mil (and rightly sp). We wouldn't we held to ransom only for the £80 mil we're getting for Ronaldo. :rolleyes: I have to agree, things are looking not so good at the minute. But I trust Alex 100% to yet again silence his critics and pull off some major transfer deals and not pay over the odds either.

Well we have lost Tevez and Ronaldo' date=' we really need to sign someone. Even Benzema will do. Only the Valencia deal looks certain atm but until it's completed you never know. Maicon could be leaving and would be perfect for us. Liverpool look better than us atm:o[/quote']

In terms of their attack it is currently much better. If you guys get Benzema and Valencia and maybe Douglas costa that could change.

Even Benzema will do? :P Believe me the guy is class and will do class for us imo. I think the sticking point in the Valencia deal is the price. Apparently Wigan want £18 mil or so but United are only willing to play £12 mil (and rightly sp). We wouldn't we held to ransom only for the £80 mil we're getting for Ronaldo. :rolleyes: I have to agree' date=' things are looking not so good at the minute. But I trust Alex [u']100%[/u] to yet again silence his critics and pull off some major transfer deals and not pay over the odds either.

If we sign Benzema I hope you are right but if we don't I will stick to my theory. Still a striker is not something we really need. More like a winger or 2 as I would like Rooney to play up front with Berbatov. That would leave 2 slots open wide. Valencia maybe and perhaps Ribery? IF not we can very well rely on Tosic IMO. And if we are to get Maicon we would have to break our transfer record. Obviously the same applies to Riberu:p

In terms of their attack it is currently much better. If you guys get Benzema and Valencia and maybe Douglas costa that could change.

Even if we sign him I doubt he would be anywhere near our starting 11 and perhaps not even the first 16 unless he is someone like Ronaldo or Messi. Never seen him play so don't know what position he plays and what's his game

Even if we sign him I doubt he would be anywhere near our starting 11 and perhaps not even the first 16 unless he is someone like Ronaldo or Messi. Never seen him play so don't know what position he plays and what's his game

TBH i sed in a post a lot earlier that he will need a long time to bed in, maybe even a full season, which is why gettin Valencia is very important as he's use to this league.

Also u mite hav Rooney but i've always been of the opinion Ronaldo made him look a better play than he is.

Berbatov being his usual lazy self was ok last season when u cud bring on Tevez to do the donkey work but that option has closed also meaning Berba will hav to pull his weight a lot more (if that's possible) :P