• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Re: Official Red Devils thread

United haven't got a penny to their name. They're more in debt than any other football club. Any money they've used to buy players with over the last 5-10 years has been someone elses.

You fail horribly with that statement. United are in no debt at all let alone more than any other football club :eek:

You fail horribly with that statement. United are in no debt at all let alone more than any other football club :eek:

I suggest you actually have a look into finances, the way they work, where a clubs money comes from and how a club's value works.

You've probably seen Man United around the 3rd 'richest club' in the World in all these top 10's etc. It's all done in terms of revenue etc but they don't mention the debt a club is in and the fact that the majority of a clubs revenue goes to pay off the 100's of millions of pounds of debt nearly every club has.

Uniteds parent company - Red Football Joint Venture is in debt to the tune of about £400 million' date=' which is secured on the clubs assets (i.e. its name, stadium and players)

So technically Man United ARE in debt - although they do have cash on their last balance sheet which stood at about £100mill.

That £100m cash is how United were able to afford the players they bought this summer - but the Glazers now have the power to take that money out of the club at any point to repay sections of the debt they are holding.

I don't want to start a long debate about United/Glazers debt levels - as there are plenty of facts and figures online for everyone to see, and the debt is managable so long as United continue to be successful and fil lthe stadium and sign new sponsorship.

[b']Anyway [/b] I'm about to watch some TV - 'Six in the City' starts soon :)

I suggest you actually have a look into finances' date=' the way they work, where a clubs money comes from and how a club's value works.

You've probably seen Man United around the 3rd 'richest club' in the World in all these top 10's etc. It's all done in terms of revenue etc but they don't mention the debt a club is in and the fact that the majority of a clubs revenue goes to pay off the 100's of millions of pounds of debt nearly every club has.[/quote']

I'm aware of how the finances work mate ;)

I'm not talking about any rich clubs lists. I'm reffering to this.

I'm aware of how the finances work mate ;)

I'm not talking about any rich clubs lists. I'm reffering to this.

A partial share sale' date=' of between 25% and 30%, would also mean that no outside person could take control of the club.

At the same time, it would provide the Glazers with much needed cash that would help pay off [b']some of the debt[/b] that was taken on to finance the takeover.

:rolleyes:

The thing with Uniteds Debt is that there is a clause that says it should be paid in 1 lump sum i February 2017, this is basically to ensure that the banks get their moneys worth of interest.

The penalty for paying portions of the debt is a 11% penalty (Atleast I think its 11%).

Therefore if United couldnt afford to pay all the debt in 1 lump sum, penalty free, in 2017, they would have hardly paid over half of it.

The closer it gets to February 2017 the less we will be penalised, so it should be about a 9.5%-10% penalty next year.

If any of you have noticed, the Glazers pay more and more of the debt annually, with this year being the most so far, I would expect for Next year to be the same.

Even if it is some' date=' it will be a substantial ammount, and at least United are on the way to recovery.

:rolleyes:[/quote']

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/may/19/football-club-accounts-debt

I found that in 15 seconds of searching. The figures are there for everyone to see. They're only behind Chelsea and thats mainly due to Uniteds HUGE involvement in Asia.

But yeah, you get the point i was making, they are heavily in debt. You just dont see it because they continue to buy players like IanMcCo explained.

I found that in 15 seconds of searching. The figures are there for everyone to see. They're only behind Chelsea and thats mainly due to Uniteds HUGE involvement in Asia.

But yeah' date=' you get the point i was making, they are heavily in debt. You just dont see it because they continue to buy players like IanMcCo explained.[/quote']

That does not mean United are in debt of £590 million though. United's latest debt figures reported it close to £400m, and with that money from Glazers I expect it to reach below £300m, and eventually clear it all together.

But yeah' date=' you get the point i was making, they are heavily in debt. You just dont see it because they continue to buy players like IanMcCo explained.[/quote']

The thing with Uniteds Debt is that there is a clause that says it should be paid in 1 lump sum i February 2017, this is basically to ensure that the banks get their moneys worth of interest.

The penalty for paying portions of the debt is a 11% penalty (Atleast I think its 11%).

Therefore if United couldnt afford to pay all the debt in 1 lump sum, penalty free, in 2017, they would have hardly paid over half of it.

The closer it gets to February 2017 the less we will be penalised, so it should be about a 9.5%-10% penalty next year.

If any of you have noticed, the Glazers pay more and more of the debt annually, with this year being the most so far, I would expect for Next year to be the same.

Our debt is very manageable and will not have any effect on our Transfer policies, if you put the annual interest rates and annual income into perspective its not bad really.

Aswell as bringing a huge windfall of cash into the club, the Asian stock float would take almost all the burden of paying for transfers and wages off of them.

If I had lost 6-1 at home against a rival team I'd also rather discuss my debts. :D

Its the mark of intelligence, when something goes catastropically wrong discuss and analyze all of the clubs short comings and weakness, only problem is we cant do anything about them.

Was on the way back up from Bradford during the game and the texts from my mate got worse and worse:(

But they've beaten us 4-1/5-1 before and it hasn't really made a difference to our season.

Also I've noticed a dip in form since the Chelsea game so hopefully this is our dip in form over with for the season. (Also noticed we haven't played particulary well since Cleverley got injured vs Bolton, 10th Sept with the Chelsea game the only particulary good game.)

Also looks like although we got thrashed the press still make us the bigger team although the gap is apparently closing which would mean no one was the bigger team.

Manchester City stun rivals United with a 6-1 derby victory that takes them five points clear at the top of the Premier League.

Also read that we offered Nasri 90k a week but City offered double.

Was on the way back up from Bradford during the game and the texts from my mate got worse and worse:(

But they've beaten us 4-1/5-1 before and it hasn't really made a difference to our season.

Also I've noticed a dip in form since the Chelsea game so hopefully this is our dip in form over with for the season. (Also noticed we haven't played particulary well since Cleverley got injured vs Bolton' date=' 10th Sept with the Chelsea game the only particulary good game.)

Also looks like although we got thrashed the press still make us the bigger team although the gap is apparently closing which would mean no one was the bigger team.

Also read that we offered Nasri 90k a week but City offered double.[/quote']

Leicster were going to take him but his wages werent high enough.

Would love to see: Ross Barkley and Livermore signed and hopefully a big physical presence in like M'Yvila' date=' Carrick and Gibson out.

A really good Cb like Hummels or Howedes as Vidic and Ferdinand dont have long left in them.[/quote']

I think we would really be wasting our money on players like Howedes or Hummels. They both have a tendency to go missing quite a bit and come up with some howlers. (Johnny Evans anyone???)

M'Vila could be good but then again I've seen him play only 3 or 4 times but I think that is the most important area of our squad to deal with, we have no real ball winner in Midfield. Perhaps we are getting ahead of ourselves with the transfer talk though. We still have Pogba, Tunnicliffe and Morrison to come through. I'd rather let them have a shot before we waste millions of pounds on unproven players.

Realistically we can't afford to spend on luxury players so they need to be spot on. All this talk of debt is well and good but we do need to pay it off. We can't afford to waste money on knee jerk reactions as the long term future of the club comes before the short term.

That being said I am sure Fergie and Co. realize this and already have a short and medium term strategy in place and a long term plan that is fluid enough to allow Fergie some wiggle room in the transfer window.

Now on the game, lets face it, we lost to a better team. Yeah Johnny Evans having a brain explosion didn't help but City took full advantage and put us to the sword. Well done to City and I know the fans will enjoy it until the next derby (and beyond I'm sure).