• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Re: Official Red Devils thread

One of our most impressive performances away to a 'big' side (I use the term 'big' loosely in this case ) in recent times.

Our midfield was fantastic whilst we looked deadly on the counter attack.

Evra put in one of his best shifts for a while whilst Carrick and Valencia continued their recent fine form.

Lindegaard, although not spectacular, doesn't fill me with jitters when he comes to claim the ball which is a bonus.

Also a special mention to Evans who put in a very solid performance. Fair play to the lad.

One of our most impressive performances away to a 'big' side (I use the term 'big' loosely in this case ) in recent times.

Our midfield was fantastic whilst we looked deadly on the counter attack.

Evra put in one of his best shifts for a while whilst Carrick and Valencia continued their recent fine form.

Lindegaard' date=' although not spectacular, doesn't fill me with jitters when he comes to claim the ball which is a bonus.

[b']Also a special mention to Evans who put in a very solid performance. Fair play to the lad[/b].

hacked??:confused:

When the going gets tough, City get violent.

Balotelli looks like getting a ban and on the back of Kompany's ban (not to mention Lescott's elbow), there are signs that City are starting to crack under the pressure.

Good news for us as without a doubt their squad is better but as Fergie always says, come squeaky bum time we have a good record of holding our nerve.

Just need Aguero/Joe Hart to lose their heads now and we'll be laughing.:P

When the going gets tough' date=' City get violent.

Balotelli looks like getting a ban and on the back of Kompany's ban (not to mention Lescott's elbow), there are signs that City are starting to crack under the pressure.

Good news for us as without a doubt their squad is better but as Fergie always says, come squeaky bum time we have a good record of holding our nerve.

Just need Aguero/Joe Hart to lose their heads now and we'll be laughing.:P[/font']

I don't think those incidents show City 'cracking' under pressure.

If 'cracking' under pressure is getting more points than anyone else in the league over the last 6 games* then I guess we have cracked :)

*and the last 22 games

How is Kompanys ban any sign of them cracking ? :confused: Was very unlucky to get a red.

Nor do i think Balotelli's latest incident and Lescotts show signs of them cracking. Balotelli has always been a lose cannon and people get carried away in the heat of the moment, doesnt mean they are cracking up.

If cracking up means sitting top of the EPL ( form table to ) then id love for the Villa to crack up

:P:p

How is Kompanys ban any sign of them cracking ? :confused: Was very unlucky to get a red.

Nor do i think Balotelli's latest incident and Lescotts show signs of them cracking. Balotelli has always been a lose cannon and people get carried away in the heat of the moment' date=' doesnt mean they are cracking up.

If cracking up means sitting top of the EPL ( form table to ) then id love for the Villa to crack up

:P:p[/quote']

He deserved a red for his sheer idiocy for me but you are right that in itself it not a sign of them cracking. Since than incident I've seen Mancini wave imaginary cards and cut a less than cool figure - and the fact that he didn't face the press immediately after the game (probably knowing that he'd be questioned on Balotelli) suggests to me that the pressure of being on top is starting to get to him.

I respect your view but I see signs of tension - particularly in the Lescott incident (although you are right that Balotelli is raving and would probably still do that if they 20 points clear).

I've seen it before (keegan @ newcastle and Wenger to a point when Arsenal were challenging) ... but obviously this is a personal opinion which I don't expect you or any Abu Dhabi fan to agree with (particularly when they are so blinkered that they believe there was no intent in Balotelli's assault on parker:rolleyes:)

When the going gets tough' date=' City get violent.

Just need [b']Silva[/b] to lose his head now and we'll be laughing.:P

Edited.. :D

To be honest, who really cares how City are doing?

In the space of a couple of weeks we have won at City, we have won at Arsenal AND we have sold Darron Gibson -

If someone had offered me that at the beginning of December on the proviso that City were 3 points clear at the top of the PL I would have ripped their arm off.

If someone had offered me that at the beginning of December on the proviso that City were 3 points clear at the top of the PL I would have ripped their arm off.

city's fixture list is nicer than yours, you have to go there and you have spurs and chelsea away as well as liverpool at home whereas they have chelsea at home and arsenal and newcastle away from the top 7

having said that, if united are available at 3/1 or so for the title i do fancy a bit of that

To be honest' date=' who really cares how City are doing?

In the space of a couple of weeks we have won at City, we have won at Arsenal AND we have sold Darron Gibson -

[b']If someone had offered me that at the beginning of December on the proviso that City were 3 points clear at the top of the PL I would have ripped their arm off.[/b]

Frankly I'm amazed that we are only 3 points behind with the issues we have and have had.

Our remaining league games:

31 Jan Stoke City H 20:00

05 Feb Chelsea A 16:00

11 Feb Liverpool H 12:45

26 Feb Norwich City A 13:30

03 Mar Tottenham A TBC

10 Mar West Brom H TBC

17 Mar Wolves A TBC

24 Mar Fulham H TBC

31 Mar Blackburn A TBC

07 Apr Queens Park Rangers H TBC

09 Apr Wigan A TBC

14 Apr Aston Villa H TBC

21 Apr Everton H T

28 Apr Man City A TBC

05 May Swansea City H TBC

13 May Sunderland A TBC

City's:

Everton v Man City, 20:00

Man City v Fulham, 17:30

Aston Villa v Man City, 16:00

Man City v Blackburn, 17:30

Man City v Bolton, 15:00

Swansea v Man City, 15:00

Man City v Chelsea, 15:00

Stoke v Man City, 15:00

Man City v Sunderland, 15:00

Arsenal v Man City, 15:00

Man City v West Brom, 15:00

Norwich v Man City, 15:00

Wolverhampton v Man City, 15:00

Man City v Man Utd, 15:00

Newcastle v Man City, 15:00

Man City v QPR, 15:00

Games in red are potential for points to be dropped.

He deserved a red for his sheer idiocy for me but you are right that in itself it not a sign of them cracking. Since than incident I've seen Mancini wave imaginary cards and cut a less than cool figure - and the fact that he didn't face the press immediately after the game (probably knowing that he'd be questioned on Balotelli) suggests to me that the pressure of being on top is starting to get to him.

I respect your view but I see signs of tension - particularly in the Lescott incident (although you are right that Balotelli is raving and would probably still do that if they 20 points clear).

I've seen it before (keegan @ newcastle and Wenger to a point when Arsenal were challenging) ... but obviously this is a personal opinion which I don't expect you or any Abu Dhabi fan to agree with (particularly when they are so blinkered that they believe there was no intent in Balotelli's assault on parker:rolleyes:)

I can understand why he got a red, im just saying, many didnt think it was a red card, doesnt matter now anyway :P

Cheers bud :D I respect yours to, my brown nosing aside, I can agree to an extent but until City show some real signs of cracking like poor performances, poor results, signs of aggression within the camp and rants ( keegan-esc ) from Mancini I dont think City are cracking under pressure. Im not saying they dont feel it, or perhaps struggling to deal with it a little, I just dont think they are cracking.

In fairness to Mancini, as stupid and annoying gesture as it was, he had a point against Wigan :o ( last man and all )

To confirm, I think Balotelli knew what he was doing and should be punished accordingly.

To be honest' date=' who really cares how City are doing? [/b']

I would if I was a Man Utd fan, considering they're three points above you with a much better goal difference.

If David De Gea and Jonny Evans play - it will look more like this :)

Our remaining league games:

31 Jan Stoke City H 20:00

05 Feb Chelsea A 16:00

11 Feb Liverpool H 12:45

26 Feb Norwich City A 13:30

03 Mar Tottenham A TBC

10 Mar West Brom H TBC

17 Mar Wolves A TBC

24 Mar Fulham H TBC

31 Mar Blackburn A TBC

07 Apr Queens Park Rangers H TBC

09 Apr Wigan A TBC

14 Apr Aston Villa H TBC

21 Apr Everton H T

28 Apr Man City A TBC

05 May Swansea City H TBC

13 May Sunderland A TBC

I would if I was a Man Utd fan' date=' considering they're three points above you with a much better goal difference.[/quote']

See the third sentence in my post.

Also I would rather we focused on ourselves first - we can worry about City when we are in front of them;)

If David De Gea and Jonny Evans play - it will look more like this :)

Nomally I would agree with you. However Lindegaard seems to be getting a run as no.1 whilst Evans was very good at Arsenal which is a nice reminder that he does have some ability still there:o;)

See the third sentence in my post.

Also I would rather we focused on ourselves first - we can worry about City when we are in front of them;)

Nomally I would agree with you. However Lindegaard seems to be getting a run as no.1 whilst Evans was very good at Arsenal which is a nice reminder that he does have some ability still there:o;)

I quote you Aristotle

One swallow does not a summer make

:):P:)

I quote you Aristotle

Yeah but it is nice to know swallows are not extinct ;-)

:):P:)

Points can be dropped anywhere' date=' it's stupid to make that assumption.[/quote']

No its not. Its the only way to look forward and to 'compare' the fixtures without actually seeing them played.

Yes points can be dropped anywhere, however looking at the fixtures you compare the 2 with the games they 'should' win and the games that are 'tricky'.

The fact that points can be dropped 'anywhere' is pretty much well known and I didn't think I would need to point that out to people tbh:confused::P