Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Yeah what are you watching ...?

Man Utd don't ever look terrific bar 10 minute spells lol, just get the job done somehow (usually) (Bilbao, Basel).

Honestly full credit to Man Utd for being so resilliant and disciplined, but its fascinating I don't think I've ever seen a Premier league winning side domminated on so many occasions.

tbh even though we have the easier fixtures we play the teams fighting it out at the bottom.

Blackburn - rubbish record at Ewood.

QPR - Fighting it out at the bottom and seem to raise their game against the bigger sides.

Wigan - Havent yet dropped a single point to them so you'd think this would be a nailed on winner but stranger things have happened.

Everton - On their annual end of season good form, could be a tricky game.

Villa - Absolute rubbish side but by the time we face them they could well and truly be involved in the relegation scrap.

That said IF we beat Blackburn and QPR then the pressure of being 8 points adrift might be too much for City against Arsenal. I do expect us to drop points at Blackburn though

Still delighted to find ourselves in this position, and we came through a tough set of fixtures in Jan/Feb to be here

Diouf got another goal today (and played really well). Glad to see him doing well' date=' should've sold the crock Owen instead

Bebe got 15 minutes yesterday as well[/quote']

How many goals did he score in his new club?

He is scoring really often.

Might be going to the Swansea game at OT. Could be a great game to be at' date=' hope I get going now.[/quote']

Good for you. :D

8 in 12 games by my count (All competitions)

Not bad at all,I wish that we kept him now,maybe he is not some big class,but IMO he is better than Macheda.

Believe it or not,EVANS Is our player of the month.

Player of the Month - March

1 - Jonny Evans (47%)

2 - Wayne Rooney (44%)

3 - Ashley Yoúng (6%)

4 - Rio Ferdinand 5 (3%)

2 cbs,One winger and one fwd..

We still need quality CM and I hope that we will get some this summer.

De Gea' date=' Rafael, Jones, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Carrick, Scholes, Valencia, Rooney, Hernandez

Starting line up.[/quote']

What formation will that be? 5 at the back or will Jones push up into midfield?

What formation will that be? 5 at the back or will Jones push up into midfield?

Could be a lot of different possibilities

Evans at LB (gulp) and Evra at LM

Rooney LM and Jones in midfield

either way I am amazed we are experimenting in such a big game

I think that it will be like this :

DDG

Rafael Evans Ferdinand Evra

------Jones----

---Scholes---Carrick---

Valencia--Chicha--Rooney.

subs: Amos, Welbeck, Giggs, Smalling, Pogba, Park, Young

No cleverley.

BBC REPORTS;

I'm hearing on BBC Radio 5 live that Blackburn will reportedly pick up an extra £2m as part of the deal that saw Phil Jones move to Old Trafford in the summer, IF United win the title this season.

So, Blackburn can pocket £2mill if United win the league.....very strange.

I wonder how many other deals like this United have with EPL clubs?

BBC REPORTS;

So' date=' Blackburn can pocket £2mill if United win the league.....very strange.

I wonder how many other deals like this United have with EPL clubs?[/quote']

I heard that today.

Webb + 2M = I think that we have a great opportunity to win :P.

And if we beat QPR in next fixture,we won't damage Blackburn so much.

BBC REPORTS;

So' date=' Blackburn can pocket £2mill if United win the league.....very strange.

How is that strange? Such clauses are very common, same with Smalling as well I think

I heard that today.

Webb + 2M = I think that we have a great opportunity to win :P.

And if we beat QPR in next fixture' date='we won't damage Blackburn so much.[/quote']

I think it's a serious point - Blackburn stand to gain financially from United winning the league...surely that cannot be within the laws of the game.

Makes you wonder about other deals United (and perhaps other clubs*) may have where clubs have a financial interest in United winning the league - Villa for example?

How is that strange? Such clauses are very common' date=' same with Smalling as well I think[/quote']

United (and possibly others) offering fees which could induce a team to deliberately lose to further Uniteds (or other clubs) chances to win the league so they can benefit financially?

You don't think it's odd that it's allowed?

*Liverpool clearly don't use this method as they are being beaten by everyone lol

**I am not claiming this is the reason United are top - just wondering why the practice is allowed....

United (and possibly others) offering fees which could induce a team to deliberately lose to further Uniteds (or other clubs) chances to win the league so they can benefit financially?

You don't think it's odd that it's allowed?

*Liverpool clearly don't use this method as they are being beaten by everyone lol

**I am not claiming this is the reason United are top - just wondering why the practice is allowed....

What a load of rubbish mate, Blackburn will lose a lot more than 2m if they get relegated. Its used by teams to get the most out of their prize assets. Nothing more to it unless you love a good conspiracy theory

What a load of rubbish mate' date=' Blackburn will lose a lot more than 2m if they get relegated. Its used by teams to get the most out of their prize assets. Nothing more to it unless you love a good conspiracy theory[/quote']

Yes if they get relegated it would cost them more - but still a tad dodgy that Blackburn* have a financial interest in United* winning the league.

I am not saying that United are guilty of wrong doing - just I think the practice is unfair, but then I think it's unfair that a player like say Adebayor can play against all of Citys* rivals but not against City - same league division loans shouldn't be allowed

*Or any other club for that matter

**obviously Ade might not 'try' against City - but he improves Spurs against Arsenal, Chelsea and United - that isn't a fair balance.

BBC REPORTS;

Everton had a clause when Rooney left which meant we got more money if they won stuff.