• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Re: Official Red Devils thread

No worries at all now. The title is ours and deservedly so.

City' date=' like Liverpool, just don't have the class to reach the summit when it matters.

They will no doubt splurge another 100m this summer to rectify this though:rolleyes:

Get in!![/quote']

Hey

It's Macheda's fault :eek:

Don't know why Fergie insists on starting Welbeck every game. He isn't the complete package yet, as is evident in his finishing over the last few months. Surely he'd be better as an impact sub, with Fergie starting with Hernandez (a proven finisher from inside the box and genuine threat) or Berbatov (great at bringing others into the play when he isn't around the 18-yard box)?

Anyway, did anyone catch David Platt's face when Arsenhole scored? Bloody beautiful image; if ever there was a moment when Man City knew they'd lost the title it was right there. :D

Don't know why Fergie insists on starting Welbeck every game. He isn't the complete package yet' date=' as is evident in his finishing over the last few months. Surely he'd be better as an impact sub, with Fergie starting with Hernandez (a proven finisher from inside the box and genuine threat) or Berbatov (great at bringing others into the play when he isn't around the 18-yard box)?

Anyway, did anyone catch David Platt's face when Arsenhole scored? Bloody beautiful image; if ever there was a moment when Man City knew they'd lost the title it was right there. :D[/quote']

Welbeck is decent enough and has done well for his breakthrough year with us - however he does miss a LOT of chances.

Hernandez is obviously a much better finisher but as a player he is average and lacks the 'spark' that a team like us need up front.

And loved Platts face - that forehead didn't half swell up:D

Go back to the Gov thread Loin! No Lee. I Won.

I would say go back to the Chelsea thread, but I'd imagine only you and Sam post there now, seeing that everyone else from that thread has since moved to the Man City thread (which must be a ton of fun), so I can understand your presence here.

Besides, the one time I actually come on the forum to make a post that isn't on Misc, and you tell me to bugger off? Irish logic right there. :P

Hernandez is obviously a much better finisher but as a player he is average and lacks the 'spark' that a team like us need up front.

Good point; Hernandez seems to have taken his foot off the pedal after last season, but it doesn't help that he's not getting regular starts. Surely there's enough spark going forward via Young, Rooney and Tony V to warrant his addition anyway?

I would say go back to the Chelsea thread' date=' but I'd imagine only you and Sam post there now, seeing that everyone else from that thread has since moved to the Man City thread (which must be a ton of fun), so I can understand your presence here.

Besides, the one time I actually come on the forum to make a post that isn't on Misc, and you tell me to bugger off? Irish logic right there. :P[/quote']

I won. I won. I won!

Yeah, only myself, Sam and the odd fella here and there. I post here every so often, but today's inspirational performance from Paddy Kenny and Paul Scholes made me post.

You know it Loin nathan. Irish logic clearly make sense...

Good point; Hernandez seems to have taken his foot off the pedal after last season' date=' but it doesn't help that he's not getting regular starts. Surely there's enough spark going forward via Young, Rooney and Tony V to warrant his addition anyway?[/quote']

Hernandez squanders his fair share of attempts at goal too, he is by no means a clinical finisher. So when you take that into account in addition to the fact that he offers very little to the team apart from his goal poaching exploits. I'd say that he's on a par with Welbeck in the sense that neither are top class forwards at present.

With Berba likely to depart it'll be interesting to see who Fergie brings in to fill the void...

Hernandez squanders his fair share of attempts at goal too' date=' he is by no means a clinical finisher. So when you take that into account in addition to the fact that he offers very little to the team apart from his goal poaching exploits. I'd say that he's on a par with Welbeck in the sense that neither are top class forwards at present.

With Berba likely to depart it'll be interesting to see who Fergie brings in to fill the void...[/quote']

MESSI

Thats who we need - get him and nowone will stop us

God you sound like my wife.

Where in my post did I say why is it always so small? :confused: hehe

Coming again.....Hernandez is not a clinical finisher

Come again? ;)

He has a goal every game and a half this season, and I'm not sure of his shots to goals ratio but last season he had one of the best conversion rates in Europe?

Where in my post did I say why is it always so small? :confused: hehe

He has a goal every game and a half this season' date=' and I'm not sure of his shots to goals ratio but last season he had one of the best conversion rates in Europe?[/quote']

I've seen him squander many opportunities this season. Thus I have come to my conclusion that he's not the 1 opportunity = 1 goal player that many believe he is.