• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Seriously though, what would be the worst United XI of the last 20 years, since the EPL's inception?

I gather most of you would have most of Fergie's 03/04 signings in there. ;)

GK - Massimo Taibi.

RB - Rafael (Seriously. He's a pap RB. Fabio is the better twin.)

CB -

CB -

LB -

RM - Obertan (This guy still exists. In the Premier League no less. How?!).

CM - Eric Djemba-Djemba (Bankrupt at 26. Better at spending wages than he was at earning them).

CM - Liam Miller.

LM - Zoran Tosic.

ST - Jordi Cryuff.

ST - Dong Fangzhuo

You may fill in the blanks and make changes accordingly.

Next game is versus Wigan away..

Wigan will fight till the end if they don't wanna to be relegated..

But I think that we will beat them.

My Prediction 0-2 . :P

And I also hope that Nani might be at least a substitution.

I would love to see a 1-0 win for Wigan - just to raise City's hopes so we can smash them again:D

I would love to see a 1-0 win for Wigan - just to raise City's hopes so we can smash them again:D

Haha,I would rather beat Wigan and then celebrate our title on Etihad,how cool would that be..:)

But City still has great team,and they are very impressive on Etihad,we must be very careful if we dont wanna to be beaten.

Seriously though' date=' what would be the worst United XI of the last 20 years, since the EPL's inception?

I gather most of you would have most of Fergie's 03/04 signings in there. ;)

GK - Massimo Taibi.

RB - Rafael (Seriously. He's a pap RB. Fabio is the better twin.)

CB - [b']Blanc (He was naff for United, didn't replace Stam one bit.)[/b]

CB - Pat McGibbon (He was the orginal Jonny Evans, but at least the latter is good)

LB - Prunier (Trial, but flopped)

RM - Obertan (This guy still exists. In the Premier League no less. How?!).

CM - Eric Djemba-Djemba (Bankrupt at 26. Better at spending wages than he was at earning them). Some say he had over 25 credit cards!

CM - Juan Veron (£28 million!)

LM - Poborsky (He was naff.)

ST - Jordi Cryuff.

ST - Dong Fangzhuo

You may fill in the blanks and make changes accordingly.

That's mine ^

That's mine ^

Taibi is harsh - understandable though.

Rafael in there is disgraceful.

Blanc started shakily but put in some good shifts for us and was excellent in assisting our your defenders at the club.

Can't argue with McGibbon or Prunier' date=' Djemba x2.

I would have Gibson in ahead of Veron tbh - Veron had some fantastic moments for us but folk like to 'kill him' due to his inconsistent play and price tag.

Poborsky was actually a good player for us:o Unfortunately his place was taken by Beckham when he had his season of numerous 30 yarders and THAT goal.

Cruyff started really well for us but Solskjaers emergence coupled with the recovery of Cole from injury pushed him back.

Can't disagree with Dong but the likes of Manucho, Bellion etc were much much worse than Cruyff.

stick Spector in.

Spector again impressed when he played for us. Unfortunately he went off the rails a bit and others took their chance ahead of him.

Put Chadwick in.

Chadwick again did a decent job for us and looked impressive. Nowhere near to being in a 'worse ever Utd 11'

Seems like United is going to win Aegon Cup...1-0 vs Ajax but just watching the game and seeing one for future called Acolatse.

Drew 2-2, lost on penalties.

Also lost the Dallas Cup final 2-1, ending the match with 9 men against Coritiba. Tunnicliffe a straight red for dissent :confused: and Fornasier sent off with 2 yellows.

MATCH FACTS

United have won all 14 matches in all competitions against Wigan.

The Latics have failed to score in eight of their last nine Premier League games against the Red Devils, including the last five in a row.

Wayne Rooney has scored 10 goals in 14 appearances against Wigan in all competitions.

Wigan’s win over Stoke ended a run of 13 Premier League games at the DW Stadium without a victory for the Latics.

Roberto Martinez’s side have scored just six goals in their last 10 Premier League games at the DW Stadium.

The Red Devils have won 12 and lost just one of their last 17 Premier League away matches.

Man Utd have the best away record in the Premier League with 39 points, already 14 points more than they picked up on the road in 2010-11.

United have won their last eight games in a row, the longest sequence in the Premier League this season, and the longest within a season since 2008-09.

The Latics have had three players sent off in their last three league games against Man Utd.

Javier Hernandez has scored three goals in three league appearances against Wigan.