• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Re: Official Red Devils thread

A little racist to assume that he's not English because of the colour of his skin?

Cup looks a little like the SMFA Shield .... we've not won that either. Rumours are that the Emptyhad club are going to try and buy one for £550m but are likely to fail.

I'd assume he's basing it on the fact that the fellow is a Man United supporter.

Got a good laugh from the back pages today, Young and the whole 'cheater' business... There wouldn't be a word said if the refs didn't award the decisions in the first place, and there's far worse culprits.

iErii4twsl6KB.gif

The linesman had flagged' date=' but the ref played advantage. Wonder why! There was no advantage whatsoever. Had DDG done this, there would have been an outrage. But this goes unnoticed![/quote']

Suarez has dived countless times this season, Young does it once and then exaggerates contact (I don't condone either, and he needs to cut it out) and he's getting blasted in the press.

Suarez has dived countless times this season' date=' Young does it once and then exaggerates contact (I don't condone either, and he needs to cut it out) and he's getting blasted in the press.[/quote']

Awww don't be silly clarkey, While Suarez dives yes Young dives more, young has dived on so many occasions it's unreal, sky sports news just showed about 5 different occasions at united a couple for England and a couple for villa ask any Villa fan he dives a lot but it's got worse since joining United.

United agree deal to sign Gaitan

Manchester United have agreed a deal to sign the Benfica midfielder Nicolas Gaitan with both Fabio and Federico Macheda moving to the Portuguese club as part of the terms. The details of the deal are likely to see Fabio going only on a season’s long loan while Macheda’s transfer could be a permanent one, with United then reducing some of the costs of acquiring the highly-rated Gaitán. Although the figures involved are unlikely to be disclosed, and the deal will not be announced until the season is over, it appears United are valuing Gaitán at more than £20million plus the players. While it will be interesting to see where he fits into Sir Alex Ferguson’s plans United have been tracking the Argentina international for some time and are now understood to have made their move for a summer transfer. Gaitan, who can play as an attacking midfielder or left-sided winger, caught the eye in Benfica’s Champions League campaign this season when they faced both United and Chelsea. Macheda, the 20-year-old Italian striker, is on loan to Queens Park Rangers but has failed to make an impression after a handful of appearances and has returned to United after suffering an ankle injury. It would now appear his days at Old Trafford are numbered with Macheda a makeweight in the deal while, more interestingly, Fabio also appears set to be included.

Elsewhere, pundit Jamie Redknapp suggests in the Daily Mail that Danny Welbeck needs to score more of the scruffy close-range goals like the one he netted just before half time against Aston Villa.

Manchester United have agreed a deal to sign the Benfica midfielder Nicolas Gaitan with both Fabio and Federico Macheda moving to the Portuguese club as part of the terms. The details of the deal are likely to see Fabio going only on a season’s long loan while Macheda’s transfer could be a permanent one' date=' with United then reducing some of the costs of acquiring the highly-rated Gaitán. Although the figures involved are unlikely to be disclosed, and the deal will not be announced until the season is over, it appears United are valuing Gaitán at more than £20million plus the players. While it will be interesting to see where he fits into Sir Alex Ferguson’s plans United have been tracking the Argentina international for some time and are now understood to have made their move for a summer transfer. Gaitan, who can play as an attacking midfielder or left-sided winger, caught the eye in Benfica’s Champions League campaign this season when they faced both United and Chelsea. Macheda, the 20-year-old Italian striker, is on loan to Queens Park Rangers but has failed to make an impression after a handful of appearances and has returned to United after suffering an ankle injury. It would now appear his days at Old Trafford are numbered with Macheda a makeweight in the deal while, more interestingly, Fabio also appears set to be included.

Elsewhere, pundit Jamie Redknapp suggests in the Daily Mail that Danny Welbeck needs to score more of the scruffy close-range goals like the one he netted just before half time against Aston Villa.[/quote']

First of all, not quite sure how reliable the source is. Secondly, not doubting the talent of Gaitan, but I don't think we need someone like him atm. His strongest position is left wing and we have Nani and Young capable of playing there. I don't see Valencia being dropped. United need a creative midfielder who can pick out passes, score goals and when required contain the opposition midfield. We need a midfielder leader now to partner Carrick. We can't keep relying on Scholes for eternity.

I'm not so sure how good Gaitan is as an AM. May be someone could chip in with their thoughts! :)

Manchester United have agreed a deal to sign the Benfica midfielder Nicolas Gaitan with both Fabio and Federico Macheda moving to the Portuguese club as part of the terms. The details of the deal are likely to see Fabio going only on a season’s long loan while Macheda’s transfer could be a permanent one' date=' with United then reducing some of the costs of acquiring the highly-rated Gaitán. Although the figures involved are unlikely to be disclosed, and the deal will not be announced until the season is over, it appears United are valuing Gaitán at more than £20million plus the players. While it will be interesting to see where he fits into Sir Alex Ferguson’s plans United have been tracking the Argentina international for some time and are now understood to have made their move for a summer transfer. Gaitan, who can play as an attacking midfielder or left-sided winger, caught the eye in Benfica’s Champions League campaign this season when they faced both United and Chelsea. Macheda, the 20-year-old Italian striker, is on loan to Queens Park Rangers but has failed to make an impression after a handful of appearances and has returned to United after suffering an ankle injury. It would now appear his days at Old Trafford are numbered with Macheda a makeweight in the deal while, more interestingly, Fabio also appears set to be included.[/quote']

£20M+ seems pretty high, seen how unimpressive he was in CL in the end. He started efficiently, yes, but sort of disappeared in harder matches. Not saying that he was bad, but I was left quite unimpressed after the hype, and think that you could have better with £20M and two valued prospects.

Here's something more about it:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2012/04/05/3014901/manchester-uniteds-45m-interest-in-nicolas-gaitan-will-have

To me, that really looks like a huge overprice for a bloke who will end up as a bench warmer in Manchester anyway. You could get someone like Michel Bastos or Krasic for less than £20M, and both have proven more. Well, I'm just happy PSG did not pay that for him, because there were rumours about PSG looking for him too.

First of all' date=' not quite sure how reliable the source is. Secondly, not doubting the talent of Gaitan, but I don't think we need someone like him atm. His strongest position is left wing and we have Nani and Young capable of playing there. I don't see Valencia being dropped. United need a creative midfielder who can pick out passes, score goals and when required contain the opposition midfield. We need a midfielder leader now to partner Carrick. We can't keep relying on Scholes for eternity.

I'm not so sure how good Gaitan is as an AM. May be someone could chip in with their thoughts! :)[/quote']

Source is the Telegraph. Whilst not always 100%, they don't print stuff without hard evidence and it's been reported that they spoke to Gaitan's agent. Basically, they're more reliable than most.

£20M+ seems pretty high' date=' seen how unimpressive he was in CL in the end. He started efficiently, yes, but sort of disappeared in harder matches. Not saying that he was bad, but I was left quite unimpressed after the hype, and think that you could have better with £20M and two valued prospects.

Here's something more about it:

[url']http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2012/04/05/3014901/manchester-uniteds-45m-interest-in-nicolas-gaitan-will-have[/url]

To me, that really looks like a huge overprice for a bloke who will end up as a bench warmer in Manchester anyway. You could get someone like Michel Bastos or Krasic for less than £20M, and both have proven more. Well, I'm just happy PSG did not pay that for him, because there were rumours about PSG looking for him too.

I agree,he is little bit overhyped.

I would rather have Hazard for an extra 5 or 10M than Gaitan,he is "already" 24 years old and I think that he is decent player,but not as good as people are saying.

And Stu - yeah,I found this on United website.

Lol I simply dont buy it. I find it funny how one source can claim an exclusive like that. If it was for real United would have announced it on their website.

Pretty sure it was Telegraph that said we had a deal agreed for him in January back in December.

I think the fact that Gaitan's agent is Mendes (He of Bebe'gate, Anderson and Ronaldo etc etc) lends some weight to the 'rumour'.

Would not be surprised to see the deal go through although I do believe the price is a bit steep - however I thought the same of Ronaldo's and Nani's fee's:o

Hopefully SAF won't destroy him as he has done with Anderson:rolleyes:

I think the fact that Gaitan's agent is Mendes (He of Bebe'gate' date=' Anderson and Ronaldo etc etc) lends some weight to the 'rumour'.

Would not be surprised to see the deal go through although I do believe the price is a bit steep - however I thought the same of Ronaldo's and Nani's fee's:o

Hopefully SAF won't destroy him as he has done with Anderson:rolleyes:[/quote']

I do believe we have a high chace to land him in summer as we have been linked with him all year. Just don't think this report is accurate. Unless S.S or United website announce it I won't buy it

All the talk in the media today of 'Utd can win the league at the Etihad with a win':rolleyes:

Now I am as hopeful as the next fellow but if I were looking at it from a neutral point of view I would see that City will win the league with a victory against us if we draw with any of Everton, Swansea or Sunderland.

Assuming City win their remaining games which looks very likely I would suggest that City would be the favourites for the title at present.

Everton at OT and Sunderland away easily have the potential to cost us 2 points and tbh we do not look capable of winning at the Etihad at present.

All the talk in the media today of 'Utd can win the league at the Etihad with a win':rolleyes:

Now I am as hopeful as the next fellow but if I were looking at it from a neutral point of view I would see that City will win the league with a victory against us if we draw with any of Everton' date=' Swansea or Sunderland.

Assuming City win their remaining games which looks very likely I would suggest that City would be the favourites for the title at present.

Everton at OT and Sunderland away easily have the potential to cost us 2 points and tbh we do not look capable of winning at the Etihad at present.[/quote']

I was actually confident of getting something from City at SJP but after the way they played the other day i'm not sure anymore, especially if they think they've got a chance of winning the league again.

I cannot see you dropping points at home though. Sunderland away? Possibly.

Now I am as hopeful as the next fellow but if I were looking at it from a neutral point of view I would see that City will win the league with a victory against us if we draw with any of Everton' date=' Swansea or Sunderland.

Everton at OT and Sunderland away easily have the potential to cost us 2 points and tbh we do not look capable of winning at the Etihad at present.[/quote']

tumblr_ljeozj3c931qa1id2o1_500.gif

For City a trip to St James Park is twice as hard as a trip to S.O.L is to us.

Like I said on the City thread if we go into the last game needing a win we will get it and I'm not being arrogant.

tumblr_ljeozj3c931qa1id2o1_500.gif

I recall you also found my lack of faith disturbing when I was worried that City would tear us to shreds prior to the derby at OT:o

For City a trip to St James Park is twice as hard as a trip to S.O.L is to us.

Like I said on the City thread if we go into the last game needing a win we will get it and I'm not being arrogant.

I believe we have it in us to get a win at S.O.L. However we can easily find an in-form GK or a dodgy decision in one of those games that could limit us to a draw.

I could see City pasting Toon by 2-3 goals if they have beaten us in the prior match.

If we beat Everton and somehow escape from Etihad with a point then we can all dance the 'funky chicken', but Everton are capable of 'containing' us and I am just finding the media expectation that the league is alredy ours rather pre-meditated.

Damn you Wigan:mad::P

I recall you also found my lack of faith disturbing when I was worried that City would tear us to shreds prior to the derby at OT:o

Maybe City tore us to shreds because of your lack of faith?:P

In all seriousness -

The table after that defeat ......

1 Manchester City 10 28

2 Manchester United 10 23

5 points off after 10 games played. If you'd have offered me a 5 point ADVANTAGE with just Everton/Swansea at home and City/Sunderland away to play I'd have bitten both ya hands off.

The lads have shown fantastic resilience to get where they are and if they can't pick up the 3 wins/2 wins and a draw needed from those 4 games then we will have thrown it away.

Maybe City tore us to shreds because of your lack of faith?:P

In all seriousness -

The table after that defeat ......

1 Manchester City 10 28

2 Manchester United 10 23

5 points off after 10 games played. If you'd have offered me a 5 point ADVANTAGE with just Everton/Swansea at home and City/Sunderland away to play I'd have bitten both ya hands off.

The lads have shown fantastic resilience to get where they are and if they can't pick up the 3 wins/2 wins and a draw needed from those 4 games then we will have thrown it away.

Agree with everything you have said, however my point is the bolded part.

It is more than fathomable (for LFC fans that means 'more than possible like';)) that we could indeed throw it away with a silly draw despite the media's beliefs that we already have it in the bag.

Agree with everything you have said' date=' however my point is the bolded part.

It is more than fathomable (for LFC fans that means 'more than possible like';)) that we could indeed throw it away with a silly draw despite the media's beliefs that we already have it in the bag.[/quote']

No. With the 8 point lead you had, if we win the title there's no doubt you'll have thrown it away.