Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils thread

This is what MUTV presenter Stewart Gardner said a couple of weeks back

United have been strongly linked with Nicolas Gaitan... the club have made it quite clear that they are not going to sign Nicolas Gaitan; they're not interested in Nicolas Gaitan, never have been interested in Nicolas Gaitan and aren't going to sign him next summer, even though the press have reported that... United have made it very clear to the press that it's not on... Gaitan is not coming to Old Trafford

Of course MUTV isn't always reliable(Ramsey) but I'd be very surprised if we signed Gaitan after such a strong denial by someone working for the club.

My guess is that United will spend about 30M this summer.

I believe United only need 2 immediate positions.... AM & DM.

Kagawa is one of the best bets since he's leaving. The Japanese is one of Asia's best player' date=' super performer in Bundesliga, and probably won't cost more than 15M. However, United do have a recent habit of dipping into the portugese league more often... so Gaitan 15-20M is also a very likelihood.

DM is needy too. Javi Martinez, not sure how much chance is there. There is also Javi Garcia & Witsel.. from the portugese league again lol.

Don't seem a lot of good LB in the market, and it seems that United can wait for that.

Btw, I heard Pogba is leaving for real this time to Serie A Champions Juventus.[/quote']

yh looks like Pogba is leaving :o

Really? He would not be perfect for them so stop being silly Alves and Ramos are far superior in every way to him so no he wouldn't be perfect.

Just because you want Debuchy over Sagna who despite having a poor season is still one of the best RB's in the league it doesn't mean he's perfect for every club in the world.

I have seen him 13 times for a full 90 mins watching Lille games and he's not stood out to me as a top RB. He looks solid yes and I haven't said he is a bad player because he isn't but he is not so much better then Rafael who is only 21 and already playing in a very difficult league. Put Rafael in the French league and I'm sure he would look better then he is.

My point is while Debuchy appears a better option at the moment the potential of Rafael is much higher and outweighs the difference in current ability.

Oh dear. Ramos is a centre-half if you had watched any game of Madrid's this season you would have seen that. Considering he was Madrid's highest played defender (50 games)and Arbeloa played 37' date=' Ramos is not a right back. So your point is invalid.

I've watched a lot of Lille this season and for you to say Debuchy is marginally better than Rafael is absolutely ridiculous. You obviously paid zero attention to him as he is a quality player and twice the player Rafael is.

It really is not the end of the world if Hazard doesn't sign... Perhaps the most overrated player in the world, alongside Gotze

Really? Neymar anyone? Chamberlain? At least Hazard has 4 seasons, 2 okay seasons and two very consistent seasons under his belt at top level, so saying he's overrated is a bit of a lie.

Oh dear. Ramos is a centre-half if you had watched any game of Madrid's this season you would have seen that. Considering he was Madrid's highest played defender (50 games)and Arbeloa played 37' date=' Ramos is not a right back. So your point is invalid.

I've watched a lot of Lille this season and for you to say Debuchy is marginally better than Rafael is absolutely ridiculous. You obviously paid zero attention to him as he is a quality player and twice the player Rafael is.

[/quote']

He's been playing CB this season much more yes but his primary position throughout his career has been RB and therefore it's not stupid to say he is a RB as much as he is a CB now.

I didn't pay no attention to Debuchy the main reason I watched Lille was for him and Hazard as they are both linked with United so I wanted to get an idea of what they were like. Debuchy doesn't get tested enough by top wingers to be given any kind of massive praise about his performances. Rafael has had to play against some top wide players in his career so far. Basically Debuchy is a good RB yes but is he much much better then Rafael well no. Debuchy plays in a much easier league compared to Rafael and if they were to swap place I'm sure Rafael could easily do as good a job.

It's worth coming here just to read the irony and contradictions.

United fans against other clubs "buying" success....

United fans hoping they buy players....to gain...success?

But here is a fact for all United fans - there WILL be a massive chunk of money spent by United this summer, as the Glazers take another multi million quid chunk of your money to pay off their debts and keep themselves rich.

This isn't trolling - sadly it's fact! :)

Two definitions of the word 'contradiction'; (before I get slated)

1. assertion of the contrary or opposite; denial.

2. a statement or proposition that contradicts or denies another or itself and is logically incongruous.

It's worth coming here just to read the irony and contradictions.

United fans against other clubs "buying" success....

United fans hoping they buy players....to gain...success?

But here is a fact for all United fans - there WILL be a massive chunk of money spent by United this summer' date=' as the Glazers take another multi million quid chunk of [b']your[/b] money to pay off their debts and keep themselves rich.

This isn't trolling - sadly it's fact! :)

Two definitions of the word 'contradiction'; (before I get slated)

1. assertion of the contrary or opposite; denial.

2. a statement or proposition that contradicts or denies another or itself and is logically incongruous.

It's ironic that City's success has come from their failures.

Yes, Utd have spent heavily over the years, but that was a result of being a successful club and one that had more than enough financial resource to do so (spending what they earned via revenue)

And in a sick twist of fate, Utd's global success has been the source of their apparent decline.

My opinion? You'd be better of buying Debuchy before the Euro's as his price will be considerably higher afterwards and he'd also most likely attract interest from other clubs. As if the latter scenario isn't obvious, but you always want to buy players who are making a name for themselves in big tournaments. His attractiveness on the market would even reach another limit should he nail down a starting spot for France and put in solid performances (as per usual, that is).

He's a great player, finally he's really spiced up as a probable transfer to a bigger club. I've been waiting on these news for like what... 2-3 years?

577260_10150813893802746_7724542745_9948241_1511608121_n.jpg

One thing's for sure. United's performance next season will surely be better than the jersey, cos it really can't get worse. In short, this jersey is just pathetic. I think Nike and United just keep getting better and better in creating the worst possible jersey. Each year it seems the jerseys can't get any worse, but then they always come up with something even worse. Really really disappointed. Never seem to learn from their mistakes! It's been ages since United have had a decent jersey after the Vodafone one.

I just hope that this ain't the official jersey! *fingers crossed*

My guess is that United will spend about 30M this summer.

I believe United only need 2 immediate positions.... AM & DM.

Kagawa is one of the best bets since he's leaving. The Japanese is one of Asia's best player' date=' super performer in Bundesliga, and probably won't cost more than 15M. However, United do have a recent habit of dipping into the portugese league more often... so Gaitan 15-20M is also a very likelihood.

DM is needy too. Javi Martinez, not sure how much chance is there. There is also Javi Garcia & Witsel.. from the portugese league again lol.

Don't seem a lot of good LB in the market, and it seems that United can wait for that.

Btw, I heard Pogba is leaving for real this time to Serie A Champions Juventus.[/quote']

Kagawa's extending his contract at Dortmund.

We have been linked to RVP today by talksport:eek:

And also Usain Bolt thinks he's good enough to play for us in 2017/18;)

No chance. If RVP goes' date=' which remains unlikely, it'll be to Real Madrid.

Thought he wasn't going to decide until after the German Cup final?

Evidently not.

Where have I said I've never seen him playing?

You didn't' date=' your comments gave it up. Your further comments further gave it up. So I let them rest in peace.

Really? He would not be perfect for them so stop being silly Alves and Ramos are far superior in every way to him so no he wouldn't be perfect.

This piece of idiocy caught my eye though. They are not "far superior in every way to [Debuchy]". To claim, for example, that Alves is better in air game or defensive positioning than Debuchy is as dumb as it gets. Alves is very bad in these things and most of the top level RB's are better than him in that respect. He makes up to his lousiness in these departments with his other skills, mainly speed, dribbling and passing. I can immediately point out that Debuchy is stronger, has more grit, better in positioning (defence wise at least) and tackling than either of the two. He is much better in air game than Alves, and easily more accurate crosser than Ramos. Just because Ramos and Alves are top of the world players in their roles doesn't make them better in every way than others playing the same position.

And talking about positions, frankly, Ramos plays central in Real and Alves plays as high as the attack line. It is true that in Barcelona Debuchy would compete with Alves, because Barcelona happens to use that kind of RB. And very probably Alves would be preferred to him, at least often, due to their style of play. In Real, Debuchy would compete with Arbeloa, not Ramos. But maybe you have watched 13 Real Madrid matches this season and seen that Ramos plays RB?

Btw, I wonder which 13 matches of Lille you saw? I doubt that, for example, I have seen 13 full Lille matches this season, and I follow Ligue 1 over any other league. Yeah, they played a few CL games, but still, it is not as if I watched their each and every CL match completely either. There were other games in CL too, and I have other things to do than watching all the football going in tv. This makes me think: how much do you watch football? Seriously? Maybe that's the problem: you should do things other than watching football. Perhaps the problem is not that you haven't been watching, just that you cannot understand what you are seeing. Watching a lot of football doesn't really accumulate intelligence.

Borussia Dortmund have admitted they'll listen to offers for Shinji Kagawa but have ruled out selling any other star names this summer.

Dortmund chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke says the Bundesliga champions will reject any offers for all players who are contracted to the club until 2014 or longer - effectively a 'hands-off' gesture to those eyeing Borussia's top scorer Robert Lewandowski.

Kagawa, 23, is only tied until 2013 and is widely expected to leave Germany for a Premier League club in the transfer window.

The Japanese international is being tipped to move to Manchester United but will not reveal his thoughts on his future until after Dortmund's final game of the season - the DFB Cup final against Bayern Munich this weekend.

there :)

If there's a silver lining to a very very dark cloud, should City clinch the league we can start calling their fans glory hunters. By their methods.

Ian is from Scotland, he only supports City cos they won the league.

Stuart lives in Sheffield and should support his 'local' team but he chose City cos they won the league.

If there's a silver lining to a very very dark cloud' date=' should City clinch the league we can start calling their fans glory hunters. By their methods.

Stuart lives in Sheffield and should support his 'local' team but he chose City cos they won the league.[/quote']

Beg pardon? We were City fans (even City fans posting on here) long before we won anything.

Ian lives in Manchester and I live just outside Greater Manchester (I'm at uni in Sheffield).

But hey, whatever makes you happy :rolleyes:

If there's a silver lining to a very very dark cloud' date=' should City clinch the league we can start calling their fans glory hunters. By their methods.

Stuart lives in Sheffield and should support his 'local' team but he chose City cos they won the league.[/quote']

Let's not get down to their low standards now shall we?

not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg

You didn't' date=' your comments gave it up. Your further comments further gave it up. So I let them rest in peace.

This piece of idiocy caught my eye though. They are not "far superior in every way to [Debuchy']". To claim, for example, that Alves is better in air game or defensive positioning than Debuchy is as dumb as it gets. Alves is very bad in these things and most of the top level RB's are better than him in that respect. He makes up to his lousiness in these departments with his other skills, mainly speed, dribbling and passing. I can immediately point out that Debuchy is stronger, has more grit, better in positioning (defence wise at least) and tackling than either of the two. He is much better in air game than Alves, and easily more accurate crosser than Ramos. Just because Ramos and Alves are top of the world players in their roles doesn't make them better in every way than others playing the same position.

And talking about positions, frankly, Ramos plays central in Real and Alves plays as high as the attack line. It is true that in Barcelona Debuchy would compete with Alves, because Barcelona happens to use that kind of RB. And very probably Alves would be preferred to him, at least often, due to their style of play. In Real, Debuchy would compete with Arbeloa, not Ramos. But maybe you have watched 13 Real Madrid matches this season and seen that Ramos plays RB?

Btw, I wonder which 13 matches of Lille you saw? I doubt that, for example, I have seen 13 full Lille matches this season, and I follow Ligue 1 over any other league. Yeah, they played a few CL games, but still, it is not as if I watched their each and every CL match completely either. There were other games in CL too, and I have other things to do than watching all the football going in tv. This makes me think: how much do you watch football? Seriously? Maybe that's the problem: you should do things other than watching football. Perhaps the problem is not that you haven't been watching, just that you cannot understand what you are seeing. Watching a lot of football doesn't really accumulate intelligence.

Will respond to this when I'm home and at a computer so much rudeness and assumption about my life style needs addressing properly :)

Then they can respond like you lot do.

A) Long lost relative descended from Manchester

or

B) Its a free country

or

C) Talk utter pap and divert the original question to why they support a club they have no connection to

:)