Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils thread

lol i have to agree' date=' it's kinda a strange time... but i got it from manutd.com and i hope we win that cup and i cant wait till we face valencia, it will be intresting how villa does.. i hope villa plays and also vidic see how he can test us :)[/quote']

It's proboably TBC, as they won't know who is playing who in the 3rd/4th place game and the final. better than putting eg 5.30 if in 3rd/4th place playoff, and 8pm if in final ;)

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Just gotta say Berbatov has been awesome :D

Owen's second goal was simply awesome! This is the Berbatov that we signed for 30m pounds! Hope he shows the same skill and touch that we saw today, in the coming season. The touch for Tosic's goal was too good! Thats the lazy bit of skill Berba is known for!:P If he can create such assists, then i don't care how lazy he is! And finally Nani's assist! His ball-control is brilliant and good finish by Nani too. These three assists were outstanding.! Both Berba and Nani have a point to prove this season, and this was just a stepping stone! And if this is the Berba that pushed Tevez out of United, then he's just the right man!

Finally people starting to speak my language eh:o

Berba's first touch is the best in the world. In Benitez's language this is a FACT.

Brilliant goal by nani as well and Tosic.

Really awaiting the Audi cup. Will be able to see Valencia,Nani and Tosic together. Valencia will have do well or it's Tosic and Nani for me to start;)

United travel thousands of miles to thrash some pub team 8-0 and you lot all think all of a sudden that Berba is the best thing since sliced bread?

Now that's funny :o

The only people who will be laughing is us that didn't slate Berbatov (Red for one) when he shows what he can do this season in the Prem.

United travel thousands of miles to thrash some pub team 8-0 and you lot all think all of a sudden that Berba is the best thing since sliced bread?

Now that's funny :o

no it's not. how on earth does the quality of opposition matter when you bring a ball down like he did under pressure. And I have been saying this for the past season.

no it's not. how on earth does the quality of opposition matter when you bring a ball down like he did under pressure. And I have been saying this for the past season.

Leave it mate, so not worth it, he's just posted a similarly derogatory post in Newcastle's thread about them being a shambles etc etc.

Must just get his kicks out of it, the Wally.

"He [Rafael Benitez] called them [Everton] a small club which points to his arrogance. They are a big club and David Moyes is doing a great job.”

Alex Ferguson, 17 April 2009

"It's [Manchester] City isn't it? They are a small club with a small mentality."

Alex Ferguson, 26 July 2009

on the bbc website to do with football gossip states that man utd are going to bid for david silva.

the actual article:1440 BST: Manchester United will launch a "new offensive" for Valencia star David Silva next week when the player returns from holiday.

that is according to the marca newspaper.

"He [Rafael Benitez] called them [Everton] a small club which points to his arrogance. They are a big club and David Moyes is doing a great job.”

Alex Ferguson' date=' 17 April 2009[/b']

"It's [Manchester] City isn't it? They are a small club with a small mentality."

Alex Ferguson, 26 July 2009

Thats about the biggest compliment Fergie could pay City, it means there on his radar now and he see's them as some kind of threat.

on the bbc website to do with football gossip states that man utd are going to bid for david silva.

the actual article:1440 BST: Manchester United will launch a "new offensive" for Valencia star David Silva next week when the player returns from holiday.

that is according to the marca newspaper.

Wish it was true, as I (L) Silva... But with the impressive form of our wingers so far in pre-season I really can't see it. :( But here's hoping.

Thats about the biggest compliment Fergie could pay City' date=' it means there on his radar now and he see's them as some kind of threat.[/quote']

I think what's getting up his nose more than anything is the gloating from City, but the riling thing from my point of view is that they've essentially became everything City hated about United in the first place, but now it's OK to pay daft amounts of money for players and "buy success" because they can.

Difference is, the really big spending of United's came from the success gained by United after the Revamp of the football league, and as the club's revenue streams grew, as did the prices we would pay to try and get amongst Europe's elite again, which we duly managed in '99, whilst still a PLC and without one backer throwing the cash at us willy-nilly.

The Glazers, we couldn't really help, but you can't say that we're spending more than ever since we were bought out, it's been kinda steady from the late 90's, as I say based on the fact the club has been successful, both from a football and business sense.

EDIT: PS VILLA = TITLE!!!! (David Villa that is, not Aston Villa, I'm no turncoat :o)

Did any of you guys see the game against Hangzhou Greentown? What a game it was. Yes Greentown are a rubbish team but it must be said Berbatov plaued really well. The fourth goal when he and Owen combined was brilliant. Another positive is that Tosic is looking good and Nani has been playing really well in these pre-season games as well. ;)

Our front line is looking quite strong as well. Owen has fit in nicely and is getting the goal. Berbatov is his usual lazy but brilliant self, Rooney is playing well and Kiko is playing with a lot of confidence. All is not lost yet...:);)

Here are the highlights if anyone wants to see:-

Hangzhou Greentown 2-8 Manchester United :D

The new away kit for 09/10 launched. Its quite good. I have always liked the black away jerseys. 07/08 away kit was good too. And this one with the blue "V" looks great. Really liked it.

Bdw, Valencia is set for his debut tonight. Any ideas what number will he be wearing. And we could see Owen partnered with Rooney for the first time. Good to see them start together.

i liked our old White Away kit better.

remember when we switched from black to white away kit we won 3 titles in a row and now we're heading back to black? why??? :confused:

but i'm still fine with it coz it's cool and well MAN UTD is the BEST!!! :D

cheers

i liked our old White Away kit better.

remember when we switched from black to white away kit we won 3 titles in a row and now we're heading back to black? why??? :confused:

but i'm still fine with it coz it's cool and well MAN UTD is the BEST!!! :D

cheers

If you don't remember, we had a black away jersey for the 07-08 season. And we won the EPL as well as the Champions League that season. So i guess, this erases your confusion.