Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils thread

It's hardly fists being thrown or anything just a bit of pushing and shoving and words being said' date=' apparently with Paddy McCarthy the club captain after we lost 3-0 to Nottingham Forest.[/quote']

Sorry I didn't mean the infighting I mean just generally, not signing a contract, not looking motivated, thought I would have seen more papers linking him away more regularly.

Guest Scout Maker

Sorry I didn't mean the infighting I mean just generally' date=' not signing a contract, not looking motivated, thought I would have seen more papers linking him away more regularly.[/quote']

Because it seems pretty nailed on that he's joining you, unlike someone like Zaha, who's just signed a new contract, seems every flippin' club in the world wants him... :rolleyes: I read in the Mail a few days ago that Hoffenheim and Reading are after him yet a week before that it was Bayern and Barca... :rolleyes:

Have to say, it's nice actually getting some cash you can use for strengthening the team, unlike when we sold Bostock for £750k and Moses for £2.5M, of which all of that went to helping us get out of admin.

Well ..... what a day. Wasn't expecting to even be in with a sniff but QPR were pretty valiant and nearly gave us the shock we were looking for but it wasn't to be.

As I've said earlier today, on reflection this has been one of the poorer Fergie sides and credit needs to go to the great man for getting this transitional side to within goal difference of a 20th title. Over the season the mercs from the Emptyhad have played the better football on a more consistent basis and with the money thrown at them by their owner, it was only a matter of time before they won the league so fair play to them.

For me, the positives this season ......

1. David de Gea

The young Spaniard has proved many people (including me) wrong after a pretty dire first half of the season. Since returning for the injured Lindegaard after being rightfully dropped, the hobo-looking stopper has stepped up to a level that is expected of a Manchester United goalkeeper and hopefully he keeps this going into the 2012/3 season.

2. Antonio Valencia

Since returning from injury Antonio has strengthened his reputation as a powerful, quick no-nonsense winger that supplies consistent ammunition from the right flank as well as chipping in with important goals - he is very Kanchelskis-esque without the selfish streak that the Russian had. If he can stay fit we will benefit massively next year from a full shift from the Equadorian.

3. Young English Talent

Danny Welbeck has been excellent this season bearing in mind it's his first full season in the first team. Chris Smalling continues to develop well and looks a long-term first-choice centre-back to fill Rio's boots. Phil Jones has had a difficult end to a season that started very promisingly for big money teenager. He has looked burned out over the past few months and I think this experience along with a break will do him the world of good.

The negatives .....

1. Attitude in key games

Fergie does very little wrong but this season, particularly in the games against City, he has bottled it a bit and gone with containment over expression which is always a dangerous game. Hopefully we get the top central midfielder that will remove the need that he obviously feels to pack the midfield when we can't match up 1 for 1 in the middle of the park.

2. Tom Cleverley

Not a negative in terms of the boys' ability but bitterley disappointed that injury curtailed what looked to be his real breakthrough season. In the first 5/6 games he played, Clevs looked every bit the missing piece to our midfield puzzle but that injury has set him back. Hopefully he can stay fit and start afresh next year.

3. Champions League Performance

Even with new players, the side should have enough about them to have navigated through that group with ease. Hopefully a wake-up call for the more experienced players and a rough education for the youngsters that will be rectified next year.

With Vidic back and a couple of shrewd additions, there is plenty to look forward to for next season for United - the key will be for the Smalling's and Welbeck's of this world to have learned from this season and to step up to the plate as so many of Fergie's sides before them.

Keep the red flag flying high!!!!!!!!

Well ..... what a day. Wasn't expecting to even be in with a sniff but QPR were pretty valiant and nearly gave us the shock we were looking for but it wasn't to be.

As I've said earlier today' date=' on reflection this has been one of the poorer Fergie sides and credit needs to go to the great man for getting this transitional side to within goal difference of a 20th title. Over the season the mercs from the Emptyhad have played the better football on a more consistent basis and with the money thrown at them by their owner, it was only a matter of time before they won the league so fair play to them.

For me, the positives this season ......

[b']1. David de Gea[/b]

The young Spaniard has proved many people (including me) wrong after a pretty dire first half of the season. Since returning for the injured Lindegaard after being rightfully dropped, the hobo-looking stopper has stepped up to a level that is expected of a Manchester United goalkeeper and hopefully he keeps this going into the 2012/3 season.

2. Antonio Valencia

Since returning from injury Antonio has strengthened his reputation as a powerful, quick no-nonsense winger that supplies consistent ammunition from the right flank as well as chipping in with important goals - he is very Kanchelskis-esque without the selfish streak that the Russian had. If he can stay fit we will benefit massively next year from a full shift from the Equadorian.

3. Young English Talent

Danny Welbeck has been excellent this season bearing in mind it's his first full season in the first team. Chris Smalling continues to develop well and looks a long-term first-choice centre-back to fill Rio's boots. Phil Jones has had a difficult end to a season that started very promisingly for big money teenager. He has looked burned out over the past few months and I think this experience along with a break will do him the world of good.

The negatives .....

1. Attitude in key games

Fergie does very little wrong but this season, particularly in the games against City, he has bottled it a bit and gone with containment over expression which is always a dangerous game. Hopefully we get the top central midfielder that will remove the need that he obviously feels to pack the midfield when we can't match up 1 for 1 in the middle of the park.

2. Tom Cleverley

Not a negative in terms of the boys' ability but bitterley disappointed that injury curtailed what looked to be his real breakthrough season. In the first 5/6 games he played, Clevs looked every bit the missing piece to our midfield puzzle but that injury has set him back. Hopefully he can stay fit and start afresh next year.

3. Champions League Performance

Even with new players, the side should have enough about them to have navigated through that group with ease. Hopefully a wake-up call for the more experienced players and a rough education for the youngsters that will be rectified next year.

With Vidic back and a couple of shrewd additions, there is plenty to look forward to for next season for United - the key will be for the Smalling's and Welbeck's of this world to have learned from this season and to step up to the plate as so many of Fergie's sides before them.

Keep the red flag flying high!!!!!!!!

Quite simply the perfect post mate. :)

No need to overreact and sign many players. A couple of additions in the right areas and we are ready for the new season. Johnny Evans deserves a mention for his contributions.

Anyone know if there was a helicopter with the trophy this year??? Long way to Abu Dhabi:rolleyes:

Further to Tampa Bay :)

They do have 20000 seats to fill;)

Always next year.

And technically they should be 6 points ahead of us' date=' so apart from 2 games we have done better than City.[/quote']

We were full today :)

The last part is tragic.

Well done Abu Dhabi FC.

Next year.

Tampa Bay FC?

Well paid City.

Your starting 11 today cost £8m more than ours :)

Further to Tampa Bay :)

We were full today :)

The last part is tragic.

Tampa Bay FC?

Your starting 11 today cost £8m more than ours :)

Care to say how much your squad costs, and how long they've been at the club?

Good season from us in the league, 89 points can't argue.

We were up against a City side who have spent however much money and we lost out on goal difference. We had injuries all the time and we still managed to take it all the way, when City didn't have Kompany and Toure they faltered yet we were without Vidic for most of the season, imagine if Kompany was out for the same length of time.

This was for April the 25th but it's still relevant I guess, 1 point if a player is injured for a week.

la_injury_league_120425.jpg

Care to say how much your squad costs' date=' and how long they've been at the club?[/quote']

Doesn't really matter, does it? They've got the trophy and you don't. I doubt Stuart, or any other Etihadist (including the one that assaulted the seat in front when they were losing) particularly care about petty jibes. I suggested you swallow your medicine, unpleasant as it may be. This goes for every other United fan on this forum. GROW UP!

Good season from us in the league' date=' 89 points can't argue.

We were up against a City side who have spent however much money and we lost out on goal difference. We had injuries all the time and we still managed to take it all the way, when City didn't have Kompany and Toure they faltered yet we were without Vidic for most of the season, imagine if Kompany was out for the same length of time.

This was for April the 25th but it's still relevant I guess, 1 point if a player is injured for a week.

[/quote']

Just a bit mate.

4022812485_f4a9f33406.jpg

Care to say how much your squad costs' date=' and how long they've been at the club?[/quote']

That'd be unnecessary working out but I'd imagine it cost a bit more than yours, though was assembled in a time when players cost much more. Ferdinand for £30m ten years ago would be at least £40m in today's market. Not sure why time spent at the club is relevant either but I'd imagine we have a similar amount of players who spent time in the academy in our squad as there is in yours.

We had injuries all the time and we still managed to take it all the way' date=' when City didn't have Kompany and Toure they faltered yet we were without Vidic for most of the season, imagine if Kompany was out for the same length of time.[/quote']

Imagine if Rooney took 3/4 of a season off to play golf (which your table doesn't account for, nor does it account for time players spent at ACON). We've been reasonably lucky with injuries but you could put that down to Mancini rotating better.

Doesn't really matter' date=' does it? They've got the trophy and you don't. I doubt Stuart, or any other Etihadist (including the one that assaulted the seat in front when they were losing) particularly care about petty jibes. I suggested you swallow your medicine, unpleasant as it may be. [b']This goes for every other United fan on this forum.[/b] GROW UP!

Most have been impeccably good losers. It's just Ryan and AberdeenFan4Life who are making a meal of it, just like they did on the City thread when we won the FA Cup.

That'd be unnecessary working out but I'd imagine it cost a bit more than yours' date=' though was assembled in a time when players cost much more. Ferdinand for £30m ten years ago would be at least £40m in today's market. Not sure why time spent at the club is relevant either but I'd imagine we have a similar amount of players who spent time in the academy in our squad as there is in yours.

Imagine if Rooney took 3/4 of a season off to play golf (which your table doesn't account for, nor does it account for time players spent at ACON). We've been reasonably lucky with injuries but you could put that down to Mancini rotating better.[/quote']

Because you spent all of yours over 4 years, whereas ours hasn't all been spent recently, it's been spent over time, the reason you won the title is because of crazy amounts of cash spent in the last few years.

Because you spent all of yours over 4 years' date=' whereas ours hasn't all been spent recently, it's been spent over time, the reason you won the title is because of crazy amounts of cash spent in the last few years.[/quote']

... and it's evidently paying off :)

The reason you've dominated the PL for 20 years is because you've had crazy amounts of money throughout.

Doesn't really matter' date=' does it? They've got the trophy and you don't. I doubt Stuart, or any other Etihadist (including the one that assaulted the seat in front when they were losing) particularly care about petty jibes. I suggested you swallow your medicine, unpleasant as it may be. This goes for every other United fan on this forum. GROW UP![/quote']

Good god I'm going to agree with you again 3rd time in a week.

Sorry for being bitter earlier just annoyed :P, Ryan what's moaning going to do you can't change it. Deal with it, come to terms with it and move on. Yes, City have won the league fairly and deservedly just means we should try and better next year to re-claim the title.

Simples.

We won the league - IN FERGIE TIME! :)

Our added time was justified! :P

Good god I'm going to agree with you again 3rd time in a week.

Sorry for being bitter earlier just annoyed :P' date=' Ryan what's moaning going to do you can't change it. Deal with it, come to terms with it and move on. Yes, City have won the league fairly and deservedly just means we should try and better next year to re-claim the title.

Simples.[/quote']

Well said, I hope you lot come back stronger next season which'll force us to improve.

Didn't mean you as AberdeenFan4Life by the way :P

I can settle this: Both Manchester clubs are abhorrent and should be wiped off the face of the earth' date=' along with their supporters.[/quote']

Play nice!

PS - I am assuming Koscielny was sent off for that hideous challenge in your signature??

Our added time was justified! :P

Well said' date=' I hope you lot come back stronger next season which'll force us to improve.

Didn't mean you as AberdeenFan4Life by the way :P[/quote']

It was a good season for us getting 89 points with a poor team, although were only here due to Fergie it could have been better but hey, no point dwelling on the past.

I know that :P, I think next season could be better as both sides will strengthen there teams, could be interesting to see what Chelsea etc do in the summer.

Who gives a hoot about how much City have spent, the best players cost money and City have the luxury to spend as much as they wish to improve their squad and create a title winning group of players.

Fed up of seeing posts on how much the starting XI cost for Utd & City, it proves nothing.

Utd have to rise to the challenge in a less extravagant way and I for one can't wait for the title battles over the years between us and City.

City were the best team, outplayed us in both league meetings and more than deserved to be crowned champions. As a group of fans, none deserve to see their team secure the league title more than the City lads.

We've been blessed as Utd fans to have seen our club dominate for so many years and we should welcome the City challenge.

Here's to next season...