Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils thread

We could have spent as much money as City did,or at least similar amount,but we didn't,so its not their fault.

They won the title this year and to be honest they were better,they beated us twice.

We lost our title versus Wigan and Everton and not today even though QPR was close of helping us to win a title this year.

Next year I hope that there will be more teams fighting for a title and not just City and United and I hope that next season will be as good as this one and again lets BELIEVE That United will be the champ.

"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail."

GGMU!

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

It's been a fantastic season to watch for the neutral though and this final day has encapsulated everything brilliant about the premier league which is why it is still IMO the best league in the world.

I like many others was delighted to see QPR 2-2 at 90 mins and thought I'd be celebrating tonight however City did well to get the win.

They deserved the title and I think we should all be happy to be honest that with the current squad we have and the injuries we've had that we took it down to goal difference. We pretty much all had this season down as a transition season. One where we would bleed in younger players and we have done that but not only that we've exceeded what we probably should have achieved. I don't think anyone can really say the squad we have is a title contending one but once again Sir Alex Ferguson has done the amazing. Yes we didn't win the league but the fact we came so close to an on paper far superior side is not only a credit to Sir Alex's work but to the players aswell.

As hard as it is to take losing the title to City they deserved it this year but we all know that there is no way Sir Alex will give up and neither will the players. I can't help but feel that this will be a good experience in the long term for some of the younger players. It will not leave a sweet taste in the mouth losing to your rivals but they will remember this disappointment and hopefully strive even harder next year to avoid it.

This could also prove to be the catalyst to new signings had we won the league the Glazer's would not be under as much pressure to release funds yet now the impetus will be on regaining the title and with City no doubt adding to their quality we too will hopefully add to our side.

So well done City on winning the league well done the lads at United for keeping us so close and bring on next season.

Btw what do you guys think about Rossi?

Since Villareal is relegated' date='I really doubt that he will stay in Spain and plus he was our player when he was younger.[/quote']

Injured atm but yeah I wouldn't say no for 15m or under.

He's injury prone and out for the majority of next season' date=' he is also an ex player of yours and didn't leave on the best of terms if I remember correctly.[/quote']

He is great player,but yes,he is injury prone and he is still injured.

But he would be a risky buy,if he recovers from injury,he could be a great signing,if not,he could be next Owen Hargreaves.

0a6c1df6.png

Supposedly from the same paper that first of all broke the Kagawa news.

Make of it what you will....

I think that they'd be very expensive and rather silly really (with the exception of Kagawa). United are already bursting with CBs (Vidic, Ferdinand, Smalling, Evans, Jones) and strikers (considering they often play with one or should do with Kagawa's arrival: Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez).

Piszczek would be a much more sensible buy.

I think that they'd be very expensive and rather silly really (with the exception of Kagawa). United are already bursting with CBs (Vidic' date=' Ferdinand, Smalling, Evans, Jones) and strikers (considering they often play with one or should do with Kagawa's arrival: Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez).

[b']Piszczek[/b] would be a much more sensible buy.

Heard a lot about him, but haven't seen much of him. Seems a very good option, but then Real Madrid are favorites to land him. I really hope United don't go in for another CB or a striker. Full backs and midfielder should do for this summer. Another CB would only mean Jones and Smalling being played out of position at RB, which really wastes their talent. At the moment, Debuchy seems to be favorite and also read reports saying Clyne will most likely sign for us. But I think we need a RB with some experience rather than going for youth. I do see quite a few players being sold this summer - Owen, Berbatov, Fabio (loan), Kiko. I won't be surprised if United let go off Anderson. He has shone in bits and pieces but nothing so great to stake a claim in the starting XI.

I hope United do wind up atleast one or two signings before the Euros (if they're targeting any of the European players).

What's so funny? :)

Seriously. Haven't read the entire article, but from what I've read, hard to find humor in it. Kompany has been tremendous this season. At 6M he was a bargain, and had it not been for RvP's goal scoring spree Kompany would surely have been a very capable contender for the Player of the season. He was rock solid at the back and as it is said time and again - Forwards win you matches, defence wins you the title.

And the award for 'counting chickens before the eggs have hatched' goes toooo.....Manchester United followers

A massive DOUBLE award for the fans of the club from Trafford.

Award one - assuming an 8 point difference with only weeks to go would be enough.

Award two - assuming that a team can't score two goals in the dying moments of a game, and that they had won the tile.

How_to_Incubate_Chicken_Eggs.bmp

Massive LOL!!!!

article-2143703-1312243B000005DC-672_306x423.jpg

Even bigger LOL!!!!

Van Nistelrooy announces retirement

Former Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy has announced his retirement from football after he helped Malaga to secure a Champions League spot next season.

Van Nistelrooy, 35, netted 150 goals in 219 official appearances for the Red Devils before moving to Real Madrid and winning two La Liga titles in 2006.

-Espn Soccernet

Really sad to hear this. One of the most prolific strikers in modern day football. Thank you Ruud for the years at Old Trafford! :)

IanMcCo - you don't have to include every United fan in what you wrote.

For example,I never said that it is all over when we had 8 points more OR after Mackie scored a second goal yesterday,so yeah,that doesn't include every united Fan.

IanMcCo - you don't have to include every United fan in what you wrote.

For example' date='I never said that it is all over when we had 8 points more OR after Mackie scored a second goal yesterday,so yeah,that doesn't include every united Fan.[/quote']

Yes I agree- it's odd that the main culprits of 'counting chickens before hatching' have been mysteriously absent recently :)

You can receive the award on their behalf :)