Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils thread

United playing against a Martin O'Neill selected Irish League XI tonight, for Harry Gregg's testimonial at Windsor Park, Belfast tonight, got tickets a while back before they sold out very strong bunch of players that are travelling across:

Lindegaard Amos

Jones Evra Evans Ferdinand Fornasier Giverin

Giggs Park Scholes Cleverley Young Nani Valencia

Rooney Berbatov Owen Hernandez

Giverin and Fornasier the two reserves travelling over most likely will not be in the squad for their Manchester Senior Cup final either, so expecting them to play a decent amount of the match.

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Hi guys' date='

Just a quick reminder about the "Trolling within 'Official Club' threads" notification that we published a short while ago. Please take the time to have a read of it and if you want to "joke" with other forumers please do so on the "Banter Thread" that has been created.

Regards

Apologies Ste - I thought they could handle their own medicine, but appears not :)

So...Fergie won "Manager of the 20 years"

no shocks there I guess

I believe your signature violates the signature size rule unless that has been abolished.

Thanks ★Rуααη★ - I changed it JUST for you (and Cheeky) :)

Would loathe to be in violation of the rules :)

So...Giggs won "Player of the 20 years" - a tad more contentious this one.

I don't believe Giggs is the BEST player to have played in the Premier League - Ronaldo, Henry, Bergkamp even perhaps Cantona.

Everyone seems to forget the 2-3 years that Giggs was awful, and that United fans wanted rid of him aroound 2002-2003.

That said - he has been consistently present for 20 years and I guess that should be enough to get him the award (and if Ched Evans can bee in a 'team of the year' with HIS misdemeanours we should also discount anything Giggs did off the pitch)

Still too big IanMcCo.

It seems to fit just fine :)

ChickenCountingsmall.gif

Is this size better?

Ritchie De Laet and Matty James have signed for us permanently' date=' and it turns out Larnell Cole was just a rumour. Don't know much about them to be honest, but they must have something to be with United for so long. Young and ambitious players, that's what I like to see :)[/quote']

James is class and perhaps could have made it at United but for injuries.

Ritchie De Laet and Matty James have signed for us permanently' date=' and it turns out Larnell Cole was just a rumour. Don't know much about them to be honest, but they must have something to be with United for so long. Young and ambitious players, that's what I like to see :)[/quote']

Matty James really did look like "one for the future", and I mean he looked like a United first teamer - not a Richardson or a Gibson.

580156091.jpg?key=640960&Expires=1337104209&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=IWD62Z5DyOYoZBzOk~aUa8mMBYfp2E9knGeRwstjCPb9dr4pIZhI9ln-uakhKBvhJZOnUldjheRC1vRfZnNW9CD7s~hIQ5RAejv4LkrEJsAHDQa~FiJ0TovQb1UGc2hiTxPXWgWCz74MFZE7pxE~FNKZTUA0M7-1IDX14tuLxuM_

What your table fails to take into account is....inflation.

For example - Ferdinand cost United approx £30mill in 2002' date=' in todays money thats £37mill

Rooney? 2004 £32mill, now? 37mill

Veron? 2001 £37.5mill, now? £49mill

Doesn't matter though - because after 20 years of the Premier League - this was the 2012 table :)

[img']http://rootsbd.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Barclays-Premier-League-2012-Points-Table-rootsbd.com_.jpg[/img]

No Carrick in England squad or standby list. Wow.

Glad tbh. No Carrick, No Rio. England anyways weren't going to progress to the later stages. A well deserved rest for both of them. The squad is a joke really. Haven't learnt from the mistakes. A change was required, but apart from the manager, nothing seems to have changed. Chamberlain is quite a talent, no doubt about it. But he's really being over hyped. Didn't understand him being one of the nominees for the Youth player of the year. He's hardly featured this season. According to Hodgson, he saw Chamberlain play well against Pirlo and Ambrosini. Ambrosini didn't play, Pirlo isn't even a Milan player. Seems getting even more embarrassing. Really gutted for Holt. Deserved to be in the squad. But I guess form doesn't count anything while selecting the squad.

Also, Chicharito has been relieved off Olympics duties. So hoping for a fit and fresh squad.

We don't have to reach any sort of agreement as it's not a FIFA recognised event and it's entirely upto us whether to release Hernandez or not

It's a shame that a club of such international pedigree won't allow one of it's players to represent his country of birth in a huge International tournament :)

With them being ommitted from England, I imagin Smalling and Cleverley could get a call for Olympics