Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils thread

It's a shame that a club of such international pedigree won't allow one of it's players to represent his country of birth in a huge International tournament :)

With them being ommitted from England' date=' I imagin Smalling and Cleverley could get a call for Olympics[/quote']

He has represented his country for the last two summers. He even had to miss Uniteds preseason because of his involvement last year. Besides Olympics are for young players anyway.

He has represented his country for the last two summers. He even had to miss Uniteds preseason because of his involvement last year. Besides Olympics are for young players anyway.

Young players except Giggs you mean? :)

International participation should be solely down to the player IMO. If Hernandez didn't want to represent Mexico then fair enough but I don't agree with clubs saying players can't.

Young players except Giggs you mean? :)

International participation should be solely down to the player IMO. If Hernandez didn't want to represent Mexico then fair enough but I don't agree with clubs saying players can't.

No player , especially in Mexico would say no to playing for his country. The guy clearly needs a rest. He hasn't had any since he's been at United and it showed this season. For Giggs it will be the first and final chance to represent his country in the tournament so its justified. Hernandez too can represent Mexico in 2020 if they want him too but not at the peak of his career.

It's a shame that a club of such international pedigree won't allow one of it's players to represent his country of birth in a huge International tournament :)

With them being ommitted from England' date=' I imagin[b'] Smalling[/b] and Cleverley could get a call for Olympics

Smalling apparently not available to be called up to the Euros due to injury rather than non-selection, so not sure if he'll be available for Olympics as of yet.

No player ' date=' especially in Mexico would say no to playing for his country. The guy clearly needs a rest. He hasn't had any since he's been at United and it showed this season. For Giggs it will be the first and final chance to represent his country in the tournament so its justified. Hernandez too can represent Mexico in 2020 if they want him too but not at the peak of his caeer.[/quote']

Out of the 38 league games this season he's only featured 28 times, which included only 18 starts, and even then he was subbed of 11 times, last season he only had 15 starts, clearly he hasn't been overplayed, so i don't see why he needs to 'rest'.

Out of the 38 league games this season he's only featured 28 times' date=' which included only 18 starts, and even then he was subbed of 11 times, last season he only had 15 starts, clearly he hasn't been overplayed, so i don't see why he needs to 'rest'.[/quote']

He also spend a while out with injuries.. Anyone who follows United could see that he was burnt out and in need of a summer off.

Out of the 38 league games this season he's only featured 28 times' date=' which included only 18 starts, and even then he was subbed of 11 times, last season he only had 15 starts, clearly he hasn't been overplayed, so i don't see why he needs to 'rest'.[/quote']

By rest I mean a holiday... Simple as that. You know that thing where you go away with the family? Just because he played less doesnt mean he doesnt need a break. The training, The travelling and everything else takes its toll on players. Ironically not getting a break is what causes players to pick up silly injuries resulting them to less playing time.

He also spend a while out with injuries.. Anyone who follows United could see that he was burnt out and in need of a summer off.

But you only fully recover from injuries by playing football' date=' he was involved with the united first team for the last part of the season, even starting against swansea, so he is fit and able to play.

By rest I mean a holiday... Simple as that. You know that thing where you go away with the family? Just because he played less doesnt mean he doesnt need a break. The training, The travelling and everything else takes its toll on players. Ironically not getting a break is what causes players to pick up silly injuries resulting them to less playing time.

Oh yes, spending time with his family, because he so is going to on world tours with the united squad generating extra income for him club.

imo it's just an excuse from the club, and a ridiculous one imo i must admit.

Suarez played 30 times in the league, yet will represent his country, don't see his club saying he needs a 'rest'.

Oh yes' date=' spending time with his family, because he so is going to on world tours with the united squad generating extra income for him club.

[b']what?[/b] :confused:

imo it's just an excuse from the club, and a ridiculous one imo i must admit.

imo It's just the club protecting one of our players :)

Suarez played 30 times in the league, yet will represent his country, don't see his club saying he needs a 'rest'.

Fair enough if hes going to olympics. He did naff all last summer though

Yes ofcourse he never' date=' apart from winning the Copa America with uruguay, along with being player of the tournament.[/quote']

Sorry my bad. Completely forgot about that. In that case Liverpool themselves should look at his situation. Unless he really just wants to rather play every summer. Or perhaps he wants to compensate for the time he missed during his ban :P

manchester-united-maillot-away-2012-2013.jpg

Reckon this will be the real away kit' date=' fits the description I posted a while back. Not sure what to make of it, it's not bad.[/quote']

Thats horrid.

I suspect the away kit will be identical to the home kit only blue. (Unless the blue leaked pics are GK kit)

Owen news only used as a cover for United releasing our Q3 data.

MUFC Q3 headlines: Q3 revenue down 5.8% year-on-year. CL exit impact on Matchday and media.

MUFC Q3 commercial income up 15% year-on-year, impact of DHL, Nike revenue recognition. Doesn't offset 13% matchday fall and 19% media fall.

MUFC Q3 staff costs only up 1%. Other costs down 16% year-on-year (no gate share from domestic cup games).

MUFC revenue down 5.8% and costs down 4.7% means EBITDA for Q3 down 8.4%. Margin 28.9% vs. 29.7% last year.

For 9 mth period, MUFC revenue +6.1%, costs +7.7%, EBITDA +3.3%. Q4 will see substantially worse performance due to CL exit/PL 2nd place.

Don't appear to have been any bond buybacks in Jan to March 2012 period.

Full figures not out yet, but looks like cash balance at end March 2012 c. £26m. Debt c. £435m, 14 months ago, cash balance was £134m.

MUFC cash spent on interest and bond buybacks first nine months of year = £71m.

For reasons that aren't clear we don't have full numbers from yet only the Q3 presentation.

The Glazers would much rather have fans focusing on Michael Owen today than the £71m that has flowed out of the club in the last 9 months.

EDIT: Confirmed figures. MUFC 31st March cash at bank £25.6m (down from £113m year ago), debt £423.3m (down from £484.5m).

Oh, and "£71m" and "#glazernomics" is trending in Manchester currently