• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Even if he was right (which he isn't)' date=' holding up a banner with 'RIP' in it is absolutely disgraceful. I can't see how this could be described as 'banter' at all.[/quote']

It's distasteful and Tevez has said he didn't mean to cause Fergie any offence.

However, suggesting he has to apologise for mocking a frankly stupid statement from Fergie is ludicrous.

Even if he was right (which he isn't)' date=' holding up a banner with 'RIP' in it is absolutely disgraceful. I can't see how this could be described as 'banter' at all.[/quote']

Fergie said that City would not win the title in his lifetime....

City have won the title....

Based on the fact that Fergie is always correct....

Badly conceived banter at best - but it still isn't as bad as adultery, soliciting, mocking the sick, mocking those who show compassion for the sick etc etc etc

If that had been the cover of the Red Issue you would be defending it.

It's distasteful and Tevez has said he didn't mean to cause Fergie any offence.

However' date=' suggesting he has to apologise for mocking a frankly stupid statement from Fergie is ludicrous.[/quote']

FERGIE himself should apologise for being disrespectful to City! :)

Owen news only used as a cover for United releasing our Q3 data.

MUFC Q3 headlines: Q3 revenue down 5.8% year-on-year. CL exit impact on Matchday and media.

MUFC Q3 commercial income up 15% year-on-year' date=' impact of DHL, Nike revenue recognition. Doesn't offset 13% matchday fall and 19% media fall.

MUFC Q3 staff costs only up 1%. Other costs down 16% year-on-year (no gate share from domestic cup games).

MUFC revenue down 5.8% and costs down 4.7% means EBITDA for Q3 down 8.4%. Margin 28.9% vs. 29.7% last year.

For 9 mth period, MUFC revenue +6.1%, costs +7.7%, EBITDA +3.3%. Q4 will see substantially worse performance due to CL exit/PL 2nd place.

Don't appear to have been any bond buybacks in Jan to March 2012 period.

Full figures not out yet, but looks like cash balance at end March 2012 c. £26m. Debt c. £435m, 14 months ago, cash balance was £134m.

MUFC cash spent on interest and bond buybacks first nine months of year = £71m.

For reasons that aren't clear we don't have full numbers from yet only the Q3 presentation.

The Glazers would much rather have fans focusing on Michael Owen today than the £71m that has flowed out of the club in the last 9 months.

EDIT: Confirmed figures. MUFC 31st March cash at bank £25.6m (down from £113m year ago), debt £423.3m (down from £484.5m).

Oh, and "£71m" and "#glazernomics" is trending in Manchester currently[/quote']

I am glad someone here is able to understand and highlight the way that United is being run by the Glazers.

Everytime I point it out the usual lot get all defensive and start to cry - the sad fact is that the Glazers are #rinsing United as a club and you lot as their 'fans'.

They now even get a small profit from the guys on the street selling Green and Gold protest scarves lol.

wow do people actually believe Tevez referred to Fergies quote when putting up that poster? He took it from a fan and definetely had no idea about no quote. The guy cant even speak English...

City fans just made a silly excuse that the poster was referred to Fergies quote. Perhaps it was by the person who made it, but I'm sure Tevez didnt. He's just a moron.

wow do people actually believe Tevez referred to Fergies quote when putting up that poster? He took it from a fan and definetely had no idea about no quote. The guy cant even speak English...

City fans just made a silly excuse that the poster was referred to Fergies quote. Perhaps it was by the person who made it' date=' but I'm sure Tevez didnt. He's just a moron.[/quote']

So what - at least he didn't knowingly sleep with his brothers wife, or knowingly pay for sex with several women (whilst married I may add), or knowingly mock people who had sympathy for Muamba, or knowingly miss a drugs test, or knowingly go out to end another players career

Fergie should apologise for being disrespectful to City - he said that City would never win the league in his lifetime, utterl disrespectful to City as a club, and all the staff and players at the time - which makes the way we won it all that much sweeter

Sunderland+v+Manchester+United%3A+Phil+Jones+and+Sir+Alex+Ferguson

Sunderland+v+Manchester+United%3A+United+Fan

This isn't trolling - this is statement of fact! :)

So what - at least he didn't knowingly sleep with his brothers wife' date=' or knowingly pay for sex with several women (whilst married I may add), or knowingly mock people who had sympathy for Muamba, or knowingly miss a drugs test, or knowingly go out to end another players [/quote']

What has all that got to do with Anything? We're talking about Tevez right now. City players themselves have done ugly things in the past you know. ;)

What has all that got to do with Anything? We're talking about Tevez right now. City players themselves have done ugly things in the past you know. ;)

Tevez held up a poster with a poorly thought out joke on it. It wasn't meant to be disrespectful and Tevez has no reason to apologise.

I'd wager Giggs' habits alone would dwarf those of our squad...

So what - at least he didn't knowingly sleep with his brothers wife' date=' or knowingly pay for sex with several women (whilst married I may add), or knowingly mock people who had sympathy for Muamba, or knowingly miss a drugs test, or knowingly go out to end another players career

Fergie should apologise for being disrespectful to City - he said that City would never win the league in his lifetime, utterl disrespectful to City as a club, and all the staff and players at the time - which makes the way we won it all that much sweeter[/quote']

Anyway weren't you slating Tevez around about 5 months ago??? And now you're defending him:eek:

Tevez is just a money grabbing _______ who wants all the attention basically. An Argentinian Balotelli, or Balotelli's an Italian Tevez what ever floats your boat.

Tevez doesn't play for United - this is the United thread :)

And as for the "Tevez hardy speaks a word of English so wouldn't understand the joke" he possibly wouldn't know what "RIP" means.

In Spanish (the most common language in Argentina) the common acronyms for RIP are D.E.P (Descanse En Paz)' date=' E.P.D. (En Paz Descanse), Q.D.E.P (Que Descanse En Paz), and Q.E.P.D. (Que En Paz Descanse) which have the exact same meaning despite changing the order of the words.

They all mean Rest In Peace, but are in Spanish :)

Anyway weren't you slating Tevez around about 5 months ago??? And now you're defending him:eek:

Oh I loathe Tevez with a passion - please don't think otherwise.

What I can't stand for is sour faced losers who are trying to tarnish our deserved league title by banging on about a satirical poster that was a reply to the disrespect shown by the manager of Manchester United towards a rival club.

Don't throw stones if you live in glass houses - something United fans should do well to remember (PS and stop counting your chickens too ;) - enjoy the gif)

Tevez held up a poster with a poorly thought out joke on it. It wasn't meant to be disrespectful and Tevez has no reason to apologise.

I'd wager Giggs' habits alone would dwarf those of our squad...

If he had any dignity left in him he would apologise. He clearly doesn't.

Whether he meant to be or not only he knows. You cant say he 'didn't mean to be'

Knowing the person he is he meant it full well imo.

At the end of the day the poster is deemed as disrespectful and he should just sorry.

Whether he meant to be or not only he knows. You cant say he 'didn't mean to be'

At the end of the day the poster is deemed as disrespectful and he should just sorry.

I edited my post as this is actually a pointless argument - Tevez has nothing to apologise for.

All he was doing was celebrating winning the league title with City - THAT is what you lot cannot stand :)

Tevez doesn't play for United - this is the United thread :)

And as for the "Tevez hardy speaks a word of English so wouldn't understand the joke" he possibly wouldn't know what "RIP" means.

In Spanish (the most common language in Argentina) the common acronyms for RIP are D.E.P (Descanse En Paz)' date=' E.P.D. (En Paz Descanse), Q.D.E.P (Que Descanse En Paz), and Q.E.P.D. (Que En Paz Descanse) which have the exact same meaning despite changing the order of the words.

They all mean Rest In Peace, but are in Spanish :)

[/quote']

Tevez disrespected the manager of Man. United - This is the United thread :)

If he doesn't know what R.I.P means and holds up a sign with it and smiles, he's a bigger idiot than I thought he is. What did he think it meant? Take me back Fergie? :eek:

Tevez disreapected the manager of Man. United - This is the United thread :)

If he doesn't know what R.I.P means and holds up a sign with it and smiles' date=' he's a bigger idiot than I thought he is. What did he think it meant? Take me back Fergie? :eek:[/quote']

10000s of people are disrespectful to Fergie every season - why highlight just this one individual :)

Here is a picture of Tevez being disrespectful to United again - this time he is holding the league trophy that most of their fans claimed they had won on the 8th of April.

Manchester+City+v+Queens+Park+Rangers+-+Premier+League

Utter disrespect to United - appalling - he better apologise for that!!!!!!

Still, this isn't trolling - its a matter of fact :D

My prediction 2-1 to United

PS you should apologise to Dave Whelan and Roberto Martinez for this disrespectful post :D

If he doesn't know what R.I.P means and holds up a sign with it and smiles' date=' he's a bigger idiot than I thought he is. What did he think it meant? Take me back Fergie? :eek:[/quote']

I Agree, i dont see why he did it, theres we hardly no need for it but its tevez, hes just in it for the ££££ gaurenteed.

Why? If he doesn't feel as if his actions require an apology then it would be hollow to say sorry.

He has said since the incident that he didn't mean any disrespect to Fergie. You might not want to believe him, but that's your prerogative :)

People who understand the meaning behind the poster don't deem it disrespectful. Fergie said City would never be derby favourites in his lifetime, now we are and Tevez joked that Fergie must have died. It's in bad taste (why the club has apologised) but it's not disrespectful.

And...let's move on :D

Some quote from the BBC website (credit to original sources of course)

Borussia Dortmund playmaker Shinji Kagawa admits he has spoken with Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson. "He had some nice things to say to me," said the 23-year-old Japan international.

Hopefully Fergie has permission from Dortmund to talk to Kagawa - otherwise it would be disrespectful ;)

Meanwhile, United have indicated they will listen to offers for Portugal winger Nani if talks on a new contract stall. The 25-year-old has 18 months left on his deal and is being offered £130,000 a week to stay but if he holds out for more, the Old Trafford club will look to sell him for £30m.

OMG - a possible money grabber at Old Trafford? God forbid :)

I am glad someone here is able to understand and highlight the way that United is being run by the Glazers.

Everytime I point it out the usual lot get all defensive and start to cry - the sad fact is that the Glazers are #rinsing United as a club and you lot as their 'fans'.

They now even get a small profit from the guys on the street selling Green and Gold protest scarves lol.

Looking for an IPO apparently' date=' staying tight-lipped on it at the moment though.

So the total debt is down by £61m, with the clubs overall balance down by £87m, but with the Glazers US parent companies, almost certain there's more hidden there somewhere.

Expect the balance to jump back up to £80. or so in Q4 as all clubs balance dips lowest in Q3, certainly will be more than £26m available in summer.

Football financial analyst Andy Green seems to think Glazers are waiting until they can sell us for a profit, whether we're in a worse financial state than now or not.

I am only 16 so some of this doesn't fully make sense to me, but Ian I think you might know what this means better than I do:

MUFC opting profit £50.7m, corporation tax paid £3.3m. Effective rate 6.5%.

Not sure if MUTV is showing it - but the Senior Cup Final between MCFC EDS and MUFC Reserves is going to be streamed live (and LEGAL) on the City official website.

I know a lot of you won't want to go the home page for obvious reasons, so I will try and post a direct linkto the stream once it's on there.

MUFC opting profit £50.7m' date=' corporation tax paid £3.3m. Effective rate 6.5%. [/quote']

Well that last statement about the effectivee rate of tax doesn't have enough information.

The UK Corp Tax rate is 26% or 24% for large companies (depending if 2011 or 2012 figures) - BUT that doesn't mean United/Glazers haven't been paying the correct tax etc.

The £3.3m could (and probably is) be for a previous year/period - and I think whoever wrote the statement was looking for a 'shock' statement. (something I would NEVER do :))

Don't forget the figures that are out at the moment are for Q3 - not year end. So this years 'tax liability' can't be calculated until the true year end profits are known.

The tax that United pay is far from the main concern - the amount of money that's vanishing from the club is the alarming thing - WHO is that money going to? No-one knows.

See, I can be objective

Not sure if MUTV is showing it - but the Senior Cup Final between MCFC EDS and MUFC Reserves is going to be streamed live (and LEGAL) on the City official website.

You better watch out, Aberdeen scouts are going so you may face competition to keep your youngstars in the summer:p As might ourselves;)

Apparently we were meant to be getting a singing section in place for next season (never works mind) and also shift the away fans to the third tier of the SAF Stand but that has been put on hold.

You better watch out' date=' Aberdeen scouts are going so you may face competition to keep your youngstars in the summer:p As might ourselves;)

Apparently we were meant to be getting a singing section in place for next season (never works mind) and also shift the away fans to the third tier of the SAF Stand but that has been put on hold.[/quote']

Singing section?

Isn't that the Stretford End?

The problem with designated singing sections is that people who DON'T sing buy tickets to 'get in with the atmosphere'.....we had that against Bayern earlier this season.

The whole North Stand was designated as 'singing section' - but there was no one within 5 seats of me in any direction actually singing.

As for moving the away fans - I think they already get treated badly enough at OT - they get too small an allocation for the size of the ground and get charged the earth even for small games (£42 for adult Crawley fans?)

That said, Newcastle make the away fans watch the games from Norway via a telescope - and Everton have stewards that enjoy a competition called "let's see how many Mancs we can get arrested" (I joke not on the Everton one :D)

Who really gives a toss about the poster? If anyone was offended by the poster then they're unable to take a joke and are far too sensitive.

It's not as if it was meant with any malice and is quite clearly an attempt at light hearted banter.

For god sake, what is this world coming to?!

Singing section?

Isn't that the Stretford End?

The problem with designated singing sections is that people who DON'T sing buy tickets to 'get in with the atmosphere'.....we had that against Bayern earlier this season.

The whole North Stand was designated as 'singing section' - but there was no one within 5 seats of me in any direction actually singing.

As for moving the away fans - I think they already get treated badly enough at OT - they get too small an allocation for the size of the ground and get charged the earth even for small games (£42 for adult Crawley fans?)

That said' date=' Newcastle make the away fans watch the games from Norway via a telescope - and Everton have stewards that enjoy a competition called "let's see how many Mancs we can get arrested" (I joke not on the Everton one :D)[/quote']

I've actually experienced the other side of the singing section where everyone is singing (2011 Scottish Cup Semi Final;))

More home fans = More money and that is what the Glazers only seem to care about. In the European games (and maybe the domestic cups) the away fans get the top tier of the East Stand or certainly most of it so they should just make it the away section.