• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Re: Official Red Devils thread

I don't think you'll be getting Hazard either. From what i've heard from him this season he strikes me as a guy who will go to whoever offers him more money, all this hype has really got to his head from what he's said on Twitter and to the press. The guy has gone from 'Yeah i'll play for Spurs' to 'I'll play red or blue' whoever offers him more money will get him and we all know who will do that.

Honestly haven't seen that reported about last I heard he'd had very promising talks with Sir Alex himself. Do you by any chance have a link to something about it?

I think if Wilshere gets back to fitness though Kagawa wouldn't be as vital a player to Arsenal as he would be United so I genuinely don't understand why he'd choose Arsenal over United (and I don't mean any disrespect in this at all)

I've got my sources who, as i've said in the Arsenal thread, i am not willing to disclose.

That's a load of hogwash. We need a proper Attacking Midfielder, who can stay fit, desperately. Song is thick, Rosicky is impotent, Ramsey is terrible and Arteta plays deep. Even if our Jack can get. and stay fit, then we still need depth which we've never had under Wenger. This'd be a massive signing for us. I'd say 85 per cent sure on this.

We will not sign RVP. Not in our policy to sign over 25/26 already made players. City can have him. I'd be more than happy with Lewandowski.

Kagawa' date=' Lewandowski, Alba/Baines and Clyne for me :)[/quote']

Not our policy no. But Fergie has always said if it's value for money then he'll make exceptions. RVP for around £25 is definitely value for money. To say you'd be more then happy with Lewandowski over someone like RVP who you'd be happy to see at City is a bit worrying. I would much rather we get RVP.

Sir Alex has also said he's looking at 2/3 players and while I'd love us to sign Baines/Alba I think it's one for next season not this one though if we are going to sign one Baines is much more realistic.

I don't think you'll be getting Hazard either. From what i've heard from him this season he strikes me as a guy who will go to whoever offers him more money' date=' all this hype has really got to his head from what he's said on Twitter and to the press. The guy has gone from 'Yeah i'll play for Spurs' to 'I'll play red or blue' whoever offers him more money will get him and we all know who will do that.[/quote']

Unfortunately I'm inclined to agree with you on this.

His comments about he'll be playing in Manchester but he won't say where made him seem like a bit of a silly billy to me. He looks very much like he'll go to the place with the highest wages regardless of how important he'll be to the club. It's a shame because a player with that kind of talent but that mindset really needs a great manager to really get the best out of him and as great a manager as Mancini is Sir Alex is much better. Yes he didn't win the league this season but the mere fact he took it to goal difference with a far inferior side then normal United teams without our best CB shows how good he is. It's a shame because Hazard I feel would blossom at United at City I fear he's doomed to wither on the bench.

We will not sign RVP. Not in our policy to sign over 25/26 already made players. City can have him. I'd be more than happy with Lewandowski.

Kagawa' date=' Lewandowski, Alba/Baines and Clyne for me :)[/quote']

Surely RVP is an exception though :P And I agree with what Ben said that is worrying if you would want City to get him :eek:

He won't go to City' date=' i can tell you that now. Only teams that interest him are United and Madrid.[/quote']

Well I never saw him as the money grabbing type but I hope I'm right. Always had great respect for RVP as he is such a great player. Did anyone else see his interview after the West Brom game? As clear as day that he will be leaving.

Not our policy no. But Fergie has always said if it's value for money then he'll make exceptions. RVP for around £25 is definitely value for money. To say you'd be more then happy with Lewandowski over someone like RVP who you'd be happy to see at City is a bit worrying. I would much rather we get RVP.

Sir Alex has also said he's looking at 2/3 players and while I'd love us to sign Baines/Alba I think it's one for next season not this one though if we are going to sign one Baines is much more realistic.

Lewandowski would be a good long term investment. We would max get what 4 seasons out of Van Persie? I love him as a player but I dont think he could keep up his extraordinary form if he wont be the focal point of the team. If Rooney/Aguero is in his team his goal tally will be a lot lower.

As for 2/3 players Fergie said and Phelan confirmed that this summer will be the busiest in 10 years for United. I take those comments with a pinch of salt though, If they're indeed true then I do expect either Rio or Evra to leave among others I've listed a few weeks ago. And in that case I would expect us to add Gaitan to my already mentioned players.

Lewandowski would be a good long term investment. We would max get what 4 seasons out of Van Persie? I love him as a player but I dont think he could keep up his extraordinary form if he wont be the focal point of the team. If Rooney/Aguero is in his team his goal tally will be a lot lower.

As for 2/3 players Fergie said and Phelan confirmed that this summer will be the busiest in 10 years for United. I take those comments with a pinch of salt though. If they're indeed true. Then I do expect either Rio or Evra to leave among others I've listed a few weeks ago. And in that case I would expect us to add Gaitan to my already mentioned players.

But it could be 4 very successful years. I mean with Rooney and Van Persie in the box with Young and Valencia delivering crosses.. it would be immense.

True. I really hope we don't sign Gaitan though. Anytime I've seen him he has been nothing but ordinary.

Lewandowski simply is nowhere near as good as RVP. We need quality now not in the future. We have Danny Welbeck for the future. 4 seasons out of a player like RVP is fantastic. That could be 4 PL titles. I really don't see how RVP would perform poorly alongside Rooney but I think we'll just have to put this down as a difference of opinion.

As for 2/3 players Fergie said and Phelan confirmed that this summer will be the busiest in 10 years for United. I take those comments with a pinch of salt though. If they're indeed true. Then I do expect either Rio or Evra to leave among others I've listed a few weeks ago. And in that case I would expect us to add Gaitan to my already mentioned players.

Busy making excuses ;)

Anyway I genuinely don't expect any more then 3 players. I'd be delighted if we did but I don't see how we would fund more then 3 moves. I don't think either Evra or Rio will leave I think Rio will likely retire here and Evra will stay at least 1 more season.

I really hope we don't buy Gaitan would be a waste of 30+ million that I would sooner see spent on wages for Hazard :P haha

I knew someone would mention that ;)

There are only a few world class or near world class fullbacks available as isn't the case with other areas. It's always ok to make an exception of nescesary.

So by that same logic RVP would be a fantastic addition.

There are only a few world class forwards available too so I feel an exception is a necessity. If he's available to buy we should at least make an offer. It would be silly to pass up on that chance.

Still if we are miraculously lucky in this transfer period we'll bag ourselves 2 top AM/Wingers in Kagawa and Hazard' date=' a nice young RB in Clyne and RVP.[/quote']

Miraculously lucky in terms of you finding a four leafed clover leading to a meeting with a friendly leprechaun who gives you his humongous pot of gold at the end of a rainbow?

Kagawa, Hazard AND RVP? More chance of Glazer buying himself a nice little country with the money. FFP doesn't just apply to City y'know and according to the latest figures, you're leaking money.

Miraculously lucky in terms of you finding a four leafed clover leading to a meeting with a friendly leprechaun who gives you his humongous pot of gold at the end of a rainbow?

So only 99% sure they'll move to United ;).

I'm not holding out hope of getting all/any them.

Kagawa' date=' Hazard [i']AND[/i] RVP? More chance of Glazer buying himself a nice little country with the money. FFP doesn't just apply to City y'know and according to the latest figures, you're leaking money.

Kagawa is only £10M Hazard about £35M and RVP £25M.

£70M isn't out of our price range massively. Considering you're allowed about a £35M deficit in the first 2 years I believe. Something I'm sure clubs will abuse.

And that's why Fergie should sign him. He can turn ordinary into extraordinary ;)

Anderson, Kleberson, Djemba Djemba, Prunier and Veron* all prove this point massivley :)

*Fergie performed the miracle in reverse on Veron, making the world class look ordinary :)

I've got my sources who' date=' as i've said in the Arsenal thread, i am not willing to disclose[/b'].

That's a load of hogwash. We need a proper Attacking Midfielder, who can stay fit, desperately. Song is thick, Rosicky is impotent, Ramsey is terrible and Arteta plays deep. Even if our Jack can get. and stay fit, then we still need depth which we've never had under Wenger. This'd be a massive signing for us. I'd say 85 per cent sure on this.

Lol, the same sources that claimed that kagawa would sign a new contract with dortmund im presuming.

Anderson' date=' Kleberson, Djemba Djemba, Prunier and Veron* all prove this point massivley :)

*Fergie performed the miracle in reverse on Veron, making the world class look ordinary :)[/quote']

For every Kleberson, there is a Solskjaer

for every Veron, there is a Cantona.

He's better than most at taking a player up a level.;)

For every Kleberson' date=' there is a Solskjaer

for every Veron, there is a Cantona.

He's better than most at taking a player up a level.;)[/quote']

I think we all know I was just having a stab :D

For every 1 failed Fergie signing there have been many more successes signed or have come through the academy.

If I was to say otherwise, I would be a liar :)