Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Me too mate - he was such an intelligent player' date=' it's no wonder he's looking a impressive manager (albeit in Norway). Absolute gent too.[/quote']

I do hope Ruud can follow the same route. Also a very inteligent player/person :)

Me too mate - he was such an intelligent player' date=' it's no wonder he's looking a impressive manager (albeit in Norway). Absolute gent too.[/quote']

I can regale a story about OGS - that actually agrees with your statement.

I came home for lunch one Friday - and Ole was taking part in a photoshoot outside the chip shops on Chester Road (beside SMBY)

After the photographer finished, a number of people asked Ole for his autograph - including a woman who was at least 70 years old.

She didn't have a piece of paper - or a pen, so what did this footballing superstar do?

He asked everyone to step away, and got the photographer to take a few pictures of him and the old lady standing together - he then told the photographer to make a note of the womans address, and to make sure the prints got sent to her home address. (and she did receive them)

You would NOT get that out of the players even now sadly.

Utter gent!

Right - I am off to the Bishops Blaize right now

The pub where a United fan confronted me last night to say

"See, money can't buy the Manchester Senior Cup can it - HA HA!"

Thanks for that young chap - gutted we missed out :):P:)

Anyone watching 8/10 cats?

Such a good laugh as they were discussing last sundays events :D

Quote from Jimmy Car

The feeling of winning the Premierleague for City was priceless, unless of course you count the £900m they spent on players
:D

Anyone watching 8/10 cats?

Such a good laugh as they were discussing last sundays events :D

Quote from Jimmy Car

:D

United fans celebrating winning the league on 8th April - 8 points clear with 6 games to go - priceless

United then losing away at WIGAN - priceless

United fans left OT early during the Everton game at 4-2 to go in the Bishops Blaize to celebrate the championship - buying bottles of champagne at £50 each - only to watch you throw it all away on Sky - priceless

United manager' date=' players, staff, fans congratulating themselves for a job well done at Sunderland - [b']priceless[/b]

Countless YouTube videos of United fans proclaiming they are Champions - from the 8th April right up to 93 minutes 20 seconds in the City v QPR game - priceless

Some of the great quotes on here

8 points up' date=' 8 points down, MANCINI IS A ...... CLOWN, with a knick knack paddy whack give the dog a bone ! NUMBER 20s COMING HOME ![/center']

PRICELESS

City didn't pay for any of those memories - yet they will stay with me for the rest of my life - I am sure they will stay with you too ;)

United fans celebrating winning the league on 8th April - 8 points clear with 6 games to go - priceless

United fans left OT early during the Everton game at 4-2 to go in the Bishops Blaize to celebrate the championship - buying bottles of champagne at £50 each - only to watch you throw it all away on Sky - priceless

United manager' date=' players, staff, fans congratulating themselves for a job well done at Sunderland - [b']priceless[/b]

Countless YouTube videos of United fans proclaiming they are Champions - from the 8th April right up to 93 minutes 20 seconds in the City v QPR game - priceless

PRICELESS

City didn't pay for any of those memories - yet they will stay with me for the rest of my life - I am sure they will stay with you too ;)

The real question is will ye just turn into another Chelsea?

PRICELESS

Ouch someones a bit touchy this morning

;)

Well yeah they did actually.....

If City hadn't paid for all those players in such a short space of time then they would never have been challenging and subsequently winning the title. So to say money didn't pay for any of those memories isn't strictly speaking true as without the Sheik's money City would be mid-table at best.

I don't begrudge you the memories of people saying the title was over I think it was silly of some United fans to assume it was over nor do I begrudge you the title but to say that those memories have not been bought is completely incorrect shed loads of cash was splashed to bring you those memories and to deny that is if anything being ungrateful to owners who have invested heavily in a club of humble beginnings. The reason everyone takes the mick out of City's cash situation is because we'd all love it at our clubs too so embrace the fact that you are where you are now because you have great owners atm who want the club to dominate not only domestically but globally and this is coming from a United fan......

Ouch someones a bit touchy this morning

;)

Touchy? Moi? Never! :):P

As for the other points - we all know City have spent a fortune catching up to United and the other EPL top clubs. (broken record' date=' yawn)

Well yeah they did actually.....

We recognise Sheikh Mansours investment - we even have a banner

610x.jpg

We KNOW and ACCEPT that we wouldn't be champions withou the massive investment - but United fans just can't accept that we accept that :)

Touchy? Moi? Never! :):P

As for the other points - we all know City have spent a fortune catching up to United and the other EPL top clubs. (broken record' date=' yawn)[/quote']

So you have paid for those memories. My point is be proud of the fact you have the best owners in England who are willing to do anything to see the club become successful. I'm actually not being critical of City's money I'm saying it's a good thing and you should embrace it and not try and deny that the memories of this season and seasons to come are not thanks to them and their desire to put Man City on the map so to speak. I think you should just accept and embrace that fact because it's something a lot of fans really want for their clubs too. A title is a title regardless how you win it so be proud that your owners put you in this position as anything less then extreme gratitude for them is a bit ungrateful.

So you have paid for those memories. My point is be proud of the fact you have the best owners in England who are willing to do anything to see the club become successful. I'm actually not being critical of City's money I'm saying it's a good thing and you should embrace it and not try and deny that the memories of this season and seasons to come are not thanks to them and their desire to put Man City on the map so to speak. I think you should just accept and embrace that fact because it's something a lot of fans really want for their clubs too. A title is a title regardless how you win it so be proud that your owners put you in this position as anything less then extreme gratitude for them is a bit ungrateful.

Oh I am very grateful - and for more reasons than just the money they have invested in Citys squad. :)

Only God knows why a billionaire from the thousands of miles away would choose to buy a football club in a fairly downtrodden area of Manchester, England and then invest HUGE amounts in the club and the surrounding areas.

Let's move on though :D

I am talking about this thread only and you are number 1 poster here.. :D

Btw anything new about Jap Stam?

I am indeed the top poster here - which as United "Fanatics" you shouldn't be proud of - allowing a City fan to be the top poster on your very own forum? Tut! :)

Note to all - I am in the Manchester Evening News today - it's a newspaper sold in Manchester :D

Back on topic now, eh? This is not the IanMcCo forum :D

Jimmy Car is a naughty man. Look at all the outrage one quote can cause :D:P

Oh btw Ian you know what I really found priceless and consoling? Those tens/hundreds of City fans that left Etihad at 1-2 in hope of beating traffic/giving up on their team. Reading their stories was really funny :P

Jimmy Car is a naughty man. Look at all the outrage one quote can cause :D:P

Oh btw Ian you know what I really found priceless and consoling? Those tens/hundreds of City fans that left Etihad at 1-2 in hope of beating traffic/giving up on their team. Reading their stories was really funny :P

Don't blame Jimmy Carr

You used to be "better" now you are "bitter" :)

CsZW17FzRow

You shall not be moved - 8th April 2012.

Enjoy!

As for the fans that left the Etihad early - that's their fault, nothing to do with me, but at least they turned up instead of watching it from Leyton on their TV :D

I am indeed the top poster here - which as United "Fanatics" you shouldn't be proud of - allowing a City fan to be the top poster on your very own forum? Tut! :)

But we all have lives outwith the Soccer Manager Forum:p

Just saw on the our website that we have been linked to Mohamed Diame:eek:What on earth would he bring to the team? Or am I missing some outrageous quality that he has?:o