Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils thread

But we all have lives outwith the Soccer Manager Forum:p

Just saw on the our website that we have been linked to Mohamed Diame:eek:What on earth would he bring to the team? Or am I missing some outrageous quality that he has?:o

Not happening anymore due to his heart condition.

Re: Official WUMs try to better IanMcCo thread

But we all have lives outwith the Soccer Manager Forum:p

ManUnited4Life

03-02-2011

Total Posts: 3' date='145

[b']Posts Per Day: 7.08[/b]

Fro3en

10-12-2010

Total Posts: 6,601

Posts Per Day: 11.27

NariN

09-20-2010

Total Posts: 10,083

Posts Per Day: 16.62

IanMcCo

01-14-2010

Total Posts: 4,390

Posts Per Day: 5.13

28% less than ManUnited4Life

55% less than Fro3en

70% less than NariN

And there is a suggestion I have no life?

But your average post per day is higher than Ian.

Beat me to it:)

NEXT WUM PLEASE!

Not happening anymore due to his heart condition.

Still don't get why we would be interested in him:o

ManUnited4Life

03-02-2011

Total Posts: 3' date='145

[b']Posts Per Day: 7.08[/b]

Fro3en

10-12-2010

Total Posts: 6,601

Posts Per Day: 11.27

NariN

09-20-2010

Total Posts: 10,083

Posts Per Day: 16.62

IanMcCo

01-14-2010

Total Posts: 4,390

Posts Per Day: 5.13

28% less than ManUnited4Life

55% less than Fro3en

70% less than NariN

And there is a suggestion I have no life?

But you go and work it out to prove a point:rolleyes:

Read that United are interested in..............SCOTT DANN!

But you go and work it out to prove a point:rolleyes:

When you write a post indicating that I have no life and spend more time on these forums than you and other users I think it's completely correct to point to the FACT that it is your good self who has made more posts than me (daily average)

You have 28% less 'life' than me based on the stats :D

PS I didn't 'work it out' - the stats are on your profile :rolleyes::rolleyes::P

16 posts per day is nothing :P .

I am only active on sm forum for 1 or 2 hours per day,mostly on the evening and I am here now because it is weekend,relaxing a little bit. :)

Btw - I heard that nani might leave,any opinions?

16 posts per day is nothing :P .

I am only active on sm forum for 1 or 2 hours per day' date='mostly on the evening and I am here now because it is weekend,relaxing a little bit. :)

[b']Btw - I heard that nani might leave,any opinions?[/b]

Good riddance, whilst he is extremely talented he is also very inconsistent.

Noone excited about a possible bid for Scott Dann then I see :)

But I do believe 28% less than IanMcCo is not one of the stats available:rolleyes:

Anyway moving on...

It took 10 seconds to work out - the 2 posts per day you make more than me must take longer than 10 seconds - it takes about 5 seconds just to login :D:eek:

Don't troll if you can't back it up :D

Similar player to Pogba supposedly. Strong box to box midfielder.

(So Pogbas replacement if you like)

Like I said not happening though, and judging by how happy Pogba was on Thursday I still have hope he won't leave us.

Apparently we've agreed a deal to sign central midfielder Nick Powell from Crewe' date=' around £4m.

Plays England U-18, had a good season at Crewe but I don't know a lot about him other than that.[/quote']

I read that in the Dailly Mail but that is the only place I can find it :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2146845/Great-expectations-Fergie-puts-faith-youth-4m-Crewes-Powell.html

Apparently we've agreed a deal to sign central midfielder Nick Powell from Crewe' date=' around £4m.

Plays England U-18, had a good season at Crewe but I don't know a lot about him other than that.[/quote']

£4 million would be a ridicolous amount of money to pay for Powell. He's done well this season and has a lot of potential but £4 million for a player who's not even the best player in League 2 is just ridicilous. He'd be better off staying at Crewe, either getting a step up to League 1 or having another season in League 2 to just show that he can perform well over more than a season.

£4 million would be a ridicolous amount of money to pay for Powell. He's done well this season and has a lot of potential but £4 million for a player who's not even the best player in League 2 is just ridicilous. He'd be better off staying at Crewe' date=' either getting a step up to League 1 or having another season in League 2 to just show that he can perform well over more than a season.[/quote']

Totally agree...with 4M we can easily buy a great youngster.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=70529

Very talented kid but this might be too early and too big a step. He could do with being loaned out.

Nice one Sherlock, he's not gonna come in and start, is he?! :P

Any top youngster coming off the Crewe production line would be worth taking a punt on in my opinion. £4m seems a lot, but this kid has a lot of potential. United would be a great place for him to develop.

Nice one Sherlock' date=' he's not gonna come in and start, is he?! :P

Any top youngster coming off the Crewe production line would be worth taking a punt on in my opinion. £4m seems a lot, but this kid has a lot of potential. United would be a great place for him to develop.[/quote']

Pogba's not been loaned out, nor has he started. His development would have been much more rapid had he been playing regularly in the Championship or possibly a lesser Ligue 1 side.

Pogba's not been loaned out' date=' nor has he started. His development would have been much more rapid had he been playing regularly in the Championship or possibly a lesser Ligue 1 side.[/quote']

Fair point, but that's one of very few examples, and I would lean towards there being some sort of explanation as to why Pogba hasn't been out on loan. Most United youngsters get loaned out to Championship teams and thrive, and the best build on it and come back into the first team squad (i.e. Welbeck, Cleverley). Powell would definitely be loaned out, if not immediately.

Got love the fact that Torres has the last laugh on the bin dippers. :D

Even with the disappointment of losing out this year in the title race, you can always rely on the scousers for some comic relief. Bring back Kenny!!!!

Pogba's not been loaned out' date=' nor has he started. His development would have been much more rapid had he been playing regularly in the Championship or possibly a lesser Ligue 1 side.[/quote']

Looks like Pogba has signed that contract deal with Juventus as due to his lack of games and its only £300k for a cross border compensation deal so that has got to hurt.

£4 million would be a ridicolous amount of money to pay for Powell. He's done well this season and has a lot of potential but £4 million for a player who's not even the best player in League 2 is just ridicilous. He'd be better off staying at Crewe' date=' either getting a step up to League 1 or having another season in League 2 to just show that he can perform well over more than a season.[/quote']

Its not really ridiculous at all. If he is indeed as good a talent as he is made out to be then it makes much more sense in buying him for £4m at 18 than paying 20m+ he'd command in a few years once if fulfills his potential. Plus the £4m is likely to be dependent on various clauses being fulfilled.