Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Pogba's not been loaned out' date=' nor has he started. His development would have been much more rapid had he been playing regularly in the Championship or possibly a lesser Ligue 1 side.[/quote']

Looks like Pogba has signed that contract deal with Juventus as due to his lack of games and its only £300k for a cross border compensation deal so that has got to hurt.

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

£4 million would be a ridicolous amount of money to pay for Powell. He's done well this season and has a lot of potential but £4 million for a player who's not even the best player in League 2 is just ridicilous. He'd be better off staying at Crewe' date=' either getting a step up to League 1 or having another season in League 2 to just show that he can perform well over more than a season.[/quote']

Its not really ridiculous at all. If he is indeed as good a talent as he is made out to be then it makes much more sense in buying him for £4m at 18 than paying 20m+ he'd command in a few years once if fulfills his potential. Plus the £4m is likely to be dependent on various clauses being fulfilled.

3 clubs had offers accepted for Hazard (at his release fee of around £34m). Us and City are for sure, the other is apparently Chelsea, but I couldn't say for definite.

Fully sure he's going to City and expecting some sort of announcement from him or his agent after Lille's final game tonight, around midnight or so.

EDIT: Report from the ever reliable talkSPORT going against me :) proves that we won't get him.

Its not really ridiculous at all. If he is indeed as good a talent as he is made out to be then it makes much more sense in buying him for £4m at 18 than paying 20m+ he'd command in a few years once if fulfills his potential. Plus the £4m is likely to be dependent on various clauses being fulfilled.

Well there's no guarentee he's going to be worth £20 million. From what he's shown so far in his career, he's one of the better players in League 2. Last season the top 5 goalscorers in League 2 were sold by there clubs (Clayton Donaldson, Ryan Lowe, Cody McDonald, Craig Davies and Adam Le Fondre) and none of them went for anything more than £500,000. Yes, Powell does look a player with potential, but not enough potential to extortionate his price to 10 times of what he's currently performing at.

Well there's no guarentee he's going to be worth £20 million. From what he's shown so far in his career' date=' he's one of the better players in League 2. Last season the top 5 goalscorers in League 2 were sold by there clubs (Clayton Donaldson, Ryan Lowe, Cody McDonald, Craig Davies and Adam Le Fondre) and none of them went for anything more than £500,000. Yes, Powell does look a player with potential, but not enough potential to extortionate his price to 10 times of what he's currently performing at.[/quote']

Maybe the deal is a initial fee plus add-ons totaling up to 4mil.

Well there's no guarentee he's going to be worth £20 million. From what he's shown so far in his career' date=' he's one of the better players in League 2. Last season the top 5 goalscorers in League 2 were sold by there clubs (Clayton Donaldson, Ryan Lowe, Cody McDonald, Craig Davies and Adam Le Fondre) and none of them went for anything more than £500,000. Yes, Powell does look a player with potential, but not enough potential to extortionate his price to 10 times of what he's currently performing at.[/quote']

None of those five players were 18 years old though,espically with Crewe's record the fact his scored 14 goals from midfield and the fact his produced at England youth level as well,I'm gutted Newcastle aren't signing him tbh :(,the fee is a bit OTT but I'd imagine someone like Redmond would be brought for the same price,and I believe Powell is the superior player.

seems a bit arrogant does he not? Like it's the most important transfer of the century!

Anyway I think it will be City or Chelsea' date='but would he get in the City team??[/quote']

I've read a few articles saying that Chelsea have moved in to pole position for him.

This being one of them

Will be interesting to see where he goes but I agree with you that it is majorly arrogant, and does anyone want an arrogant/almost selfish player in their team?

I've read a few articles saying that Chelsea have moved in to pole position for him.

This being one of them

Will be interesting to see where he goes but I agree with you that it is majorly arrogant' date=' and does anyone want an arrogant/almost selfish player in their team?[/quote']

he has been playing with clubs for months,showing a lack of respect for them all

he has been playing with clubs for months' date='showing a lack of respect for them all[/quote']

Not really, he just said that he would join those clubs and that they were good, no disrespect to be honest.

This being one of them

Will be interesting to see where he goes but I agree with you that it is majorly arrogant' date=' and does anyone want an arrogant/almost selfish player in their team?[/quote']

He'll go to City 100%, Chelsea was all a ruse put on by his agent to get Manchester x2 to make their bids, agent made it public he was travelling to London for talks with Chelsea and Tottenham.

Mate, I know from a couple of french journalists saying that Mercato is nothing, there's been so many **** reports its ridiculous, please research your source before posting. :)

Mate' date=' I know from a couple of french journalists saying that Mercato is nothing, there's been so many **** reports its ridiculous, please research your source before posting. :)[/quote']

Actually I don't care anymore,I will try to avoid this thread as much as possible in future.

I quite like Hazard's situation. Sure it's a little dickish and arrogant but those words can be used to describe 90% of top footballers. At the end of it' date=' it's genuinely quite exciting to find out where he'll play next season.[/quote']

Only because you know its yous hes signing for...... :P

Only because you know its yous hes signing for...... :P

I'm not certain at all. There have been so many conflicting reports. First it was Chelsea, he was off to Spurs a few months ago, then it was the blue side of Manchester, then the red, now Chelsea may have taken the lead again.

I think we stand a good chance if the rumours of his visit to the derby are true though.

I'm not certain at all. There have been so many conflicting reports. First it was Chelsea' date=' he was off to Spurs a few months ago, then it was the blue side of Manchester, then the red, now Chelsea may have taken the lead again.

I think we stand a good chance if the rumours of his visit to the derby are true though.[/quote']

Never can I remember a player announcing where hes decided to play before though... lol

Hes scored already and all for Lille!

Nick Powell for 4 mill....seen him play once and he got taken off, so can't reallly judge

He isn't the Sneijder you guys were hoping for a year ago though.

Actually I don't care anymore' date='I will try to avoid this thread as much as possible in future.[/quote']

United fans emptying their thread quicker than you can say "glory hunters"

See you and Cheeky on either the City or Chelsea thread soon lol :)

Never can I remember a player announcing where hes decided to play before though... lol

Hes scored already and all for Lille!

I can't remember a player having to. Hazard's courtship has been so widely publicised yet with relatively little information on potential fee and wages which are usually the stumbling blocks. That might be down to his release clause but it's still unusual for such a big deal to be done immediately after the season ends.

Nice farewell for him :)

Nick Powell for 4 mill....seen him play once and he got taken off' date=' so can't reallly judge

He isn't the Sneijder you guys were hoping for a year ago though.

United fans emptying their thread quicker than you can say [b']"glory hunters"[/b]

See you and Cheeky on either the City or Chelsea thread soon lol :)

Your owner is the ULTIMATE glory-hunter.

You are the TOP POSTER on the Official Red Devils Thread.

'Nuff said.