Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Well you can't prove what someone is thinking can you? :rolleyes:

You can only speculate.

What is getting ridiculous is him winding up the football world saying 'I'll play in so and so' but not actually saying it...

Then why did you say "I'm sure he knows where he wants to go and did so for a while now" if you can only speculate?

A little patience wouldn't go amiss.

Proof?......

It's a reasonable assumption to make, I don't claim to be certain.

The Times reporting that Hazard's wage demands are not being met by City or Chelsea. United's interest has "cooled". Hazard is believed to be asking for 200K per week. The Times article goes on to say City have offered half of that and won't budge. Already have Younes Belhanda lined up as replacement. Chelsea have Torres at 175k-a-week as their highest earner and won't budge for Hazard.

(Direct from James Ducker of The Times)

Interesting.

Then why did you say "I'm sure he knows where he wants to go and did so for a while now" if you can only speculate?

A little patience wouldn't go amiss.

It's a reasonable assumption to make' date=' I don't claim to be certain.[/quote']

Likewise its reasonable to assume he has his mind made up with all the hints he's been giving ;)

For some reason he just doesnt want to reveal it yet.

Likewise its reasonable to assume he has his mind made up with all the hints he's been giving ;)

For some reason he just doesnt want to reveal it yet.

I don't think so. I reckon Chelsea winning the CL has thrown a cat among the pigeons and now he seems to be back at square one.

I could see City possibly giving him a contract that'd see him end up on £200k with appearances and such.

You serious? Why should he?

I'm not sure about Keith here, but in my opinion he must know simply because of how elaborate and planned out his leaving presentation/glorification was. I think he must know where he is going already as I can't imagine them doing all that to risk the embarrassment of him not agreeing terms with whatever club and coming back, not that the fans would mind too much :D

I'm not sure about Keith here' date=' but in my opinion he must know simply because of how elaborate and planned out his leaving presentation/glorification was. I think he must know where he is going already as I can't imagine them doing all that to risk the embarrassment of him not agreeing terms with whatever club and coming back, not that the fans would mind too much :D[/quote']

He's got to go as several clubs have met his release clause. It's just up to Hazard over which club's offer to accept.

He's got to go as several clubs have met his release clause. It's just up to Hazard over which club's offer to accept.

So say if there were 4 clubs all with offers of 70k, 90k, 100k and 120k per week wages, even though they're (he and his agent) holding out for 200k, he would HAVE to accept one?

So say if there were 4 clubs all with offers of 70k' date=' 90k, 100k and 120k per week wages, even though they're (he and his agent) holding out for 200k, he would HAVE to accept one?[/quote']

I'd assume he would accept one as all are undoubtedly more than he's earning at Lille.

I'd assume he would accept one as all are undoubtedly more than he's earning at Lille.

But that's reportedly the stumbling block with Chelsea and City at the moment, City are offering 100k-p/w (apparently) not sure how much Chelsea are, but considering Torres is their highest earner with 175k-p/w so they won't be giving him 200k-p/w anytime soon.

The top comment mirrors my thoughts exactly!

most of the people agree which gives me some assurance there are still some sensible fans out there.

Wow. What an idiotic outburst that comment is. Because Kagawa is older, he is better buy? Never heard that one before and never heard anybody taking that as a good argument. Despite Kagawa being 2 years older, Hazard is by far the more established of the two. In fact, Kagawa hardly established himself as a regular in top league this season. His first season in Dortmund was the 2010-2011 and he hardly played half a season, so mostly in a side role. Even in Japan he has mostly played in second division, only 11 games at top flight. Hazard has played 4 full seasons for Lille now, at the top of Ligue 1, and has starred the teamfor 3 seasons in a row, constantly improving, never slumping.

Even this season Kagawa hardly contributed half as much to his teams success as Hazard did to his. His league tally was 13 goals 11 assists and he totally disappeared in CL. Hazard plays the same role, making the plays, his was 20 goals 15 assists. Lille may not have had any more CL success, but out of the two players, Hazard at least actually did tear the defences down, Lille didn't fall because of him not performing, rather for strikers not scoring from all the chances that were created, a huge part of them by Hazard.

And Hazard egoistic? If anything, it is just this season that he has learned to play a bit more egoistically to finish more himself and not always try to find his team mates. Or is this commenter getting his feelings hurt because a player is choosing between clubs instead of waiting for United to choose him? Well, that's just your arrogance, you don't seem to understand that there is competition for the best players and they are free to choose.

Very simply put: Kagawa is older and yet less proven, he can be a late bloomer, but is a huge risk for €20M; Hazard is the surest shot there is to put your €40M on, especially seen what you have to pay for other, usually less proven talents (e.g. 19-year-old Brasilian kids, Pastore, Hulk, all probably costing more than Hazard).

I really hope he changes his mind and decides to stay in Lille for life.

But that's reportedly the stumbling block with Chelsea and City at the moment' date=' City are offering 100k-p/w (apparently) not sure how much Chelsea are, but considering Torres is their highest earner with 175k-p/w so they won't be giving him 200k-p/w anytime soon.[/quote']

I can't imagine him United would be offering him that either and I'm not sure who this 4th club is...

I think the current stalling is because he's not signed anything and is holding out for the best combination of wage and club possible. Chelsea were thought to be out of it until they won (and ergo got in for next year) the CL.

Basically, I still think it's anybodies guess but he'll earn more by moving than he will staying (and will further his career of course) so he'll eventually agree personal terms with one of his suitors.

So say if there were 4 clubs all with offers of 70k' date=' 90k, 100k and 120k per week wages, even though they're (he and his agent) holding out for 200k, he would HAVE to accept one?[/quote']

The thing is, he has decided to go, these clubs meet the release clause and thus the club has to accept the bid, and then he will of course eventually choose one. By what he has commented the thing will not be decided by salary reasons but by sportive reasons. He has all the time said: he wants to go to a massively big club where he can play CL and that has two things implied to get to CL and to get to play. He wants to start and to do so in CL. I understand very well if Chelsea was out of competition for a while, but back now that they secured a place in CL for next season, because they are rebuilding their squad and they could do that around Hazard and thus seem ideal club for him. I still think he should go to Barcelona though. Hazard and Neymar on flanks, Messi in the middle, that would be something to watch, and I doubt the defenders could do much else than to watch as they'd go by and score goal after goal after goal.

I can't imagine him United would be offering him that either and I'm not sure who this 4th club is...

I think the current stalling is because he's not signed anything and is holding out for the best combination of wage and club possible. Chelsea were thought to be out of it until they won (and ergo got in for next year) the CL.

Basically' date=' I still think it's anybodies guess but he'll earn more by moving than he will staying (and [i']will further his career of course[/i]) so he'll eventually agree personal terms with one of his suitors.

This is the essential. I don't believe for a second that it is a question of salary. He just will listen all the offers through, and his agent will certainly try to negotiate all of them up (as that's his job) and then pick the one that sounds like best to him. Probably more a matter of what the manager says and how he shows interest. Like in Neymar's case, when Real madrid's president started boasting how Neymar should be happy that a big club like Madrid even offers a contract to him and that he shouldn't expect to get to play there, and then Barcelona came up with much smoother talks, praising Neymar and telling that here, at Camp Nou, you will find they joy of playing. That kind of things will be decisive.

In fact' date=' Kagawa hardly established himself as a regular in top league this season. His first season in Dortmund was the 2010-2011 and he hardly played half a season, so mostly in a side role.[/quote']

Wrong. He was a regular for Dortmund in the 2010-2011 season until he picked up an injury for Japan in the AFC which resulted him in missing the rest of the season.

Even this season Kagawa hardly contributed half as much to his teams success as Hazard did to his. His league tally was 13 goals 11 assists and he totally disappeared in CL. Hazard plays the same role' date=' making the plays, his was 20 goals 15 assists. Lille may not have had any more CL success, but out of the two players, Hazard at least actually did tear the defences down, Lille didn't fall because of him not performing, rather for strikers not scoring from all the chances that were created, a huge part of them by Hazard.[/quote']

First of all Bundesliga > Ligue 1. Secondaly he's played as an AM this season. Thirdly, Kagawa did more than Hazard in the CL. Kagawa scored a goal in the CL but Hazard didn't and finally, have you ever seen Kagawa play? It sounds like you don't rate him which is ludacris really. But saying that, I'd say Hazard is a better player than Kagawa.

Very simply put: Kagawa is older and yet less proven' date=' he can be a late bloomer, [b']but is a huge risk for €20M[/b]

No it isn't.

Wrong. He was a regular for Dortmund in the 2010-2011 season until he picked up an injury for Japan in the AFC which resulted him in missing the rest of the season.

First of all Bundesliga > Ligue 1. Secondaly he's played as an AM this season. Thirdly' date=' Kagawa did more than Hazard in the CL. Kagawa scored a goal in the CL but Hazard didn't and finally, have you ever seen Kagawa play? It sounds like you don't rate him which is ludacris really. But saying that, I'd say Hazard is a better player than Kagawa.

No it isn't.[/quote']

Totally agree lol...Kagawa a risk( :eek: )

Basically' date=' I still think it's anybodies guess but he'll earn more by moving than he will staying (and will further his career of course) so he'll eventually agree personal terms with one of his suitors.[/quote']

Hazard would be in and out of the City team,but would be a starter at Chelsea..