Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Lewandowski's potential signing makes very little sense to me' date=' no chance of us signing him.[/quote']

Striker that has consistently scored goals in a top league for a rumoured fee of £15m:confused:

Whilst he would not be my cup of tea I fail to see how it could make little sense to you seeing as we are in need of a regular goalscorer.

Striker that has consistently scored goals in a top league for a rumoured fee of £15m:confused:

Whilst he would not be my cup of tea I fail to see how it could make little sense to you seeing as we are in need of a regular goalscorer.

While he is a decent player I don't think he is good enough for us to be shelling out around £20m for someone who's not better than we already have when the money can be better spent in areas that do need strengthening (LB and CM). If we are to sign a striker (I don't really see any great need for a striker) I would hope it's someone in the top bracket and not Lewandowski

While he is a decent player I don't think he is good enough for us to be shelling out around £20m for someone who's not better than we already have when the money can be better spent in areas that do need strengthening (LB and CM). If we are to sign a striker (I don't really see any great need for a striker) I would hope it's someone in the top bracket and not Lewandowski

I agree we should be looking at the level above Lewandowski but we also have to adhere to strict financial conditions.

CM, LB and a Striker would be my priorities (in that order) but I don't really see many candidates that would fall within a reasonable price range.

I agree we should be looking at the level above Lewandowski but we also have to adhere to strict financial conditions.

CM' date=' LB and a Striker would be my priorities (in that order) but I don't really see many candidates that would fall within a reasonable price range.[/quote']

IMO Lewandowski is no better than Hernandez (who seems to get criticised a lot on here). Put Hernandez in that Dortmund side he would easily get 20+ goals. In fact hernandez would probably get 20+ goals if he was our first choice (which he is not due to his limitations)

A LB is a must, even more than a CM for me. We have no back up for Evra at all and despite all his defensive inadequacies last season it must not be forgotten how brilliant he is going forward (reason why he still starts I guess)

IMO Lewandowski is no better than Hernandez (who seems to get criticised a lot on here). Put Hernandez in that Dortmund side he would easily get 20+ goals. In fact hernandez would probably get 20+ goals if he was our first choice (which he is not due to his limitations)

A LB is a must' date=' even more than a CM for me. We have no back up for Evra at all and despite all his defensive inadequacies last season it must not be forgotten how brilliant he is going forward (reason why he still starts I guess)[/quote']

I think Lewandowski is a stronger player and more adept at holding the ball up but other than that I would agree that they are similar in terms of level they play at.

Alba or Baines are the obvious options for LB but I cannot see Baines wanting to be a back-up to Evra only playing against lower PL teams (coupled with a rumoured £20m fee), whilst I think that Alba has his heart set on Barca.

That doesn't leave too many options for me in terms of LB tbh.

As for CM any player that will genuinely improve us to the level that we can compete in the CL is going to cost upwards of £30m and I cannot envisage us paying that sort of money.

Lewandowski isn't top top drawer - but slightly better than Chicarito.

Now that you have signed Kagawa (well nearly) where would he play? I can't see Fergie playing with two strikers and Kagawa - as that means you would have to do without wingers to strengthen the midfield

Can someone ring Old Trafford and let them know they have forgotten to take down the "Premier League Champions" flag.

I know a lot of tourists visiting the stadium won't have the foggiest idea that United are not the champions, but it's false advertising :)

I indicated that I'd like him to be signed at United' date=' that's the second one in a row ;) We have a United insider here following my posts clearly :D[/quote']

Yeah, sorry about that :)

Can someone ring Old Trafford and let them know they have forgotten to take down the "Premier League Champions" flag.

I know a lot of tourists visiting the stadium won't have the foggiest idea that United are not the champions' date=' but it's false advertising :)

[/quote']

Yeah you asked that already ;)

Perhaps you just ought to pop in to Old Trafford yourself since you're so concerned? They are your local team after all :)

Yeah you asked that already ;)

Perhaps you just ought to pop in to Old Trafford yourself since you're so concerned? They are your local team after all :)

I asked in the reception - they told me that they don't have to take it down until June...it's June :)

I'll pop in on Monday :)

I know the summer months are usually a time for the rumour mill to go into overdrive, but the papers have gone a bit OTT with the players linked with Utd today.

1. Modric
  2. Powell
  3. Strootman
  4. Lewandowski
  5. Thiago
  6. Henriquez

I can see Utd signing two additional first team players (once Kagawa deal is confirmed). Modric and Strootman would be ideal, albeit highly unlikely as we desperately need to improve both LB & RB areas (LB more so than RB)

I know the summer months are usually a time for the rumour mill to go into overdrive' date=' but the papers have gone a bit OTT with the players linked with Utd today.

1. Modric
  2. Powell
  3. Strootman
  4. Lewandowski
  5. Thiago
  6. Henriquez

I can see Utd signing two additional first team players (once Kagawa deal is confirmed). Modric and Strootman would be ideal, albeit highly unlikely as we desperately need to improve both LB & RB areas (LB more so than RB)

Modric would be amazing :P If we got a LB and Modric it would be a dream but remember we were poor at RB because Vidic wasn't there so we had to play Rafael. Jones and Smalling had been to excellent there until Vidic got injured.

I know the summer months are usually a time for the rumour mill to go into overdrive' date=' but the papers have gone a bit OTT with the players linked with Utd today.

1. Modric
  2. Powell
  3. Strootman
  4. Lewandowski
  5. Thiago
  6. Henriquez

Well we're almost dead on to sign Powell and Henriquez already so.....

BBC have the Nick Powell story now. 2m initially seems quite cheap for someone who's supposed to be very talented.

True he looks quality.. seen him once in the play off final and he scored an unbelievable goal :P

EDIT: Debuchy was unreal today for France and merked Cole throughout. Would love us to sign him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1207019-manchester-united-10-things-the-media-doesnt-get-about-red-devils

Another interesting and wholly biased article on United, with some good points and some absolute shockers :rolleyes:

For anyone who hasn't seen Powell much here's a compilation of his goals this season, this doesn't show much of his overall game but it's good to watch.

jxBGmPUDG5Y

Could use a more upbeat tune though :D

A LB is a must' date=' even more than a CM for me. We have no back up for Evra at all and despite all his defensive inadequacies last season it must not be forgotten how brilliant he is going forward (reason why he still starts I guess)[/quote']

SOMEBODY WITH SENSE ON UNITED THREAD :eek:.

Chicharito is our best striker after Rooney(we dont have many anyway).He should play instead of Welbeck who's absolutely rubbish and is just an overhyped and overrated english talent.Danny got nothing for future..I dont want to wait 10 rounds till he'll make a good match and will score 1.I can wait either 50 minutes or max 2 games to see Chicharito scoring 1.Chicharito as a sub got more goals then Welbeck.Chicharito would easily score more goals then lewandoski,who isnt anything special..just an average player if you say chicharito is bad..u should know Robert Lewandoksi isnt good either.Everybody would score 20+ goals in BvB shirt with their midfield.Lewandoski is just another overhyped talent who made just 1 good season.Exactly like Kagawa.Chicharito is performing from 2-3 years,he's scoring in almost every game he plays,he actually have a little technique..Lewandoski have nothing bar his finish but chicha have a better finish anyway...

So no reason to buy another striker.Why is everybody obssesed to buy antoher striker?We have Rooney,Chicharito as first teamers(IMO) Welbeck on the bench and Berbatov.If we sell berbatov,we'll need a replacement but not a 15M one when he'll be behind Chicharito in my eyes.

Sadly this is our attitude..when chicha was saving us and scoring to get UCL final he was amazing now when he's a sub but coming from the bench still does his job and score is rubbish.He's a very very good CF who's scoring in almost every game.He's one of the best in the world IMO...Deserve to be a first teamer.

Chicharito is our best striker after Rooney(we dont have many anyway).He should play instead of Welbeck who's absolutely rubbish and is just an overhyped and overrated english talent.Danny got nothing for future..I dont want to wait 10 rounds till he'll make a good match and will score 1.I can wait either 50 minutes or max 2 games to see Chicharito scoring 1.Chicharito as a sub got more goals then Welbeck.Chicharito would easily score more goals then lewandoski' date='who isnt anything special..just an average player if you say chicharito is bad..u should know Robert Lewandoksi isnt good either.Everybody would score 20+ goals in BvB shirt with their midfield.Lewandoski is just another overhyped talent who made just 1 good season.Exactly like Kagawa.Chicharito is performing from 2-3 years,he's scoring in almost every game he plays,he actually have a little technique..Lewandoski have nothing bar his finish but chicha have a better finish anyway...

So no reason to buy another striker.Why is everybody obssesed to buy antoher striker?We have Rooney,Chicharito as first teamers(IMO) Welbeck on the bench and Berbatov.If we sell berbatov,we'll need a replacement but not a 15M one when he'll be behind Chicharito in my eyes.[/quote']

You don't half talk rubbish do you?

Danny Welbeck was our the biggest positive of last season and anyone with half a brain can see that Welbeck is MUCH better than Hernandez is every department except for finishing which should improve with time. Have you ever even watched Welbeck play?

You don't half talk rubbish do you?

Danny Welbeck was our the biggest positive of last season and anyone with half a brain can see that Welbeck is MUCH better than Hernandez is every department except for finishing which should improve with time. Have you ever even watched Welbeck play?[/QUOTE]

What do you think/?I probably watched all United games bar a few last season.

Im entitled to my own opinion and Welbeck has been rubbish bar 7-10 games.

Chicharito is our best striker after Rooney(we dont have many anyway).He should play instead of Welbeck who's absolutely rubbish and is just an overhyped and overrated english talent.Danny got nothing for future..I dont want to wait 10 rounds till he'll make a good match and will score 1.I can wait either 50 minutes or max 2 games to see Chicharito scoring 1.Chicharito as a sub got more goals then Welbeck.Chicharito would easily score more goals then lewandoski' date='who isnt anything special..just an average player if you say chicharito is bad..u should know Robert Lewandoksi isnt good either.Everybody would score 20+ goals in BvB shirt with their midfield.Lewandoski is just another overhyped talent who made just 1 good season.Exactly like Kagawa.Chicharito is performing from 2-3 years,he's scoring in almost every game he plays,he actually have a little technique..Lewandoski have nothing bar his finish but chicha have a better finish anyway...

So no reason to buy another striker.Why is everybody obssesed to buy antoher striker?We have Rooney,Chicharito as first teamers(IMO) Welbeck on the bench and Berbatov.If we sell berbatov,we'll need a replacement but not a 15M one when he'll be behind Chicharito in my eyes.

Sadly this is our attitude..when chicha was saving us and scoring to get UCL final he was amazing now when he's a sub but coming from the bench still does his job and score is rubbish.He's a very very good CF who's scoring in almost every game.He's one of the best in the world IMO...Deserve to be a first teamer.[/quote']

Words fail me, thus the following is all I can add:

facepalm-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1158.jpg

For once I agree with MUTD:eek::o

Hernandez is better than Welbeck, purely because he has better finishing and movement and that is pretty much all you need as a striker. You can have the best touch in the world or do all the skills or all the height, but if you can't stick the ball in the back of the net, what is the point in all that ability?

Hernandez scored 12 goals from 55 shots last season (1 penalty)

Welbeck scored 15 goals from 88 shots.

For me if you have a player like Rooney in the team or for next season Kagawa (if he does sign;)) you need someone who can score with one touch, or score consistently, or to put it simpler a poacher, and Hernandez is a poacher.

I much prefer to have a striker who I know will score if he gets half a chance rather than a striker who may score when a chance comes.

Words fail me' date=' thus the following is all I can add:

[img']http://gifsforum.com/images/image/facepalm/grand/facepalm-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1158.jpg[/img]

Sadly your opinion doesnt really matter in my eyes.You're an epic fail in my eyes.Not your posts..yourself :)..u won a super place on my fan list....Congra mate...

So Nick Powell is arriving at Old Trafford. Initially I thought he was a pointless addition but on reflection I think actually it's a clever signing from Sir Alex (again).

With Berbatov set to leave we will probably need to bring in another striker. Bringing in a 15M striker like Lewandowski would only make sense if he was much better then what we have and IMO he's wouldn't be a starter.

The addition of Powell means that Rooney and Welbeck can continue to develop their increasingly brilliant partnership and Hernandez can still pop in with a few goals. It also means we'll have a hungry striker in reserve (Powell) wanting to make a name for himself.

It also means that we are spending very little money on someone who at United could really blossom. Of course the step up is huge and he could be a flop but a flop for 2M is acceptable a flop for 15M is terrible. So we're in a win win situation. If he does well we get a good player on the cheap and if he does a Bebe we haven't spent shed loads on him so we can recuperate some of the money we spent on him and look elsewhere.

I must admit the goal he scored in the play-offs is honestly one of the best goals I have seen. That takes incredible technical ability to control it and smash it so accurately and while 1 goal doesn't make a player it shows a little of what he is capable of.

So hopefully he does well and I wish him the best of luck.