Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils thread

-Manchester United Sign 2nd Spanish GK from Atletico de Madrid : Rodrigo Alvarez

Could he be the new United number 7?

Still the british goverment being ripped off Ian;)

Yes that's true - but the earlier comment said

Cannot believe an english club' date=' is now not paying tax to the british government.[/quote']

Old Rangers are no more English than C**tic are Irish :)

-Manchester United Sign 2nd Spanish GK from Atletico de Madrid : Rodrigo Alvarez

-Manchester United are lining up a shock bid for Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente.

-Nani wants his Manchester United future sorted out in the next fortnight. The £25million-rated Portuguese winger fears the club is ready to sell him after a breakdown in contract talks. Nani' date=' 25, is desperate to stay, but is not sure the club feel the same. His advisors have been trying to sort out a new contract since the end of last season without success.

-SAF confirms Rio, Evans, Scholes, Carrick, Chicharito + Valencia will be on TOUR 2012

-Benfica are weighing up a move for Manchester United midfielder Anderson, according to reports in Portugal.[/quote']

There is no player named Rodrigo Alvarez. These days people even come up with transfer stories of non-existent players.

-Manchester United are preparing to gazump neighbours City and sign unsettled Arsenal striker Robin van Persie.

-“I want to stay for another 15 years at Manchester United, even if Barcelona or Real Madrid want me.” - Antonio Valencia

-United signed Sean Goss,player from Exter City.

-Latest Reports Claim That Sir Alex Sent People Over To Do Anything To Seal The Deal With Sao Paolo's Midfielder Lucas Moura.

-Ganso of Santos is rumored with united.

Does anyone really want RVP?

He is almost 29, has only ever had 1 injury free season in his entire career and will almost certainly cost well over £20m even if Arsenal do agree to sell him to us. I'd steer well clear

Baines is another one who seems overpriced. I really rate him (best LB in the league IMO) but again at 28 anything over £15m seems too much.

He is almost 29' date=' has only ever had 1 injury free season in his entire career and will almost certainly cost well over £20m even if Arsenal do agree to sell him to us. I'd steer well clear

Baines is another one who seems overpriced. I really rate him (best LB in the league IMO) but again at 28 anything over £15m seems too much.[/quote']

Baines in 27, and as each day goes on I am hearing more and more news of him going to United :(

He is almost 29' date=' has only ever had 1 injury free season in his entire career and will almost certainly cost well over £20m even if Arsenal do agree to sell him to us. I'd steer well clear

Baines is another one who seems overpriced. I really rate him (best LB in the league IMO) but again at 28 anything over £15m seems too much.[/quote']

I have same opinion.

I wouldn't like to see RVP in United.

IMO He doesn't fit in our system.

Kagawa is beast when he plays as a AM,and I think that United will play next season 451 or 4231 with Rooney as a striker and Kagawa as a AM.

If RVP comes (Which I doubt tbh),he would probably take Rooney's place,Rooney would go to AM and Kagawa would play as a winger and tbh he isn't so good as a winger as he is as a AM,something like Mesut Ozil.

And I agree for Baines as well.

Evra can play for at least 1 or 2 more seasons and when Evra stops playing regularly,Baines will already be something like 30 years old.

I'd imagine they'd be more people who want him then don't want him anyway... Yeah hes almost 29 but he still has at least 3 good seasons left in him IMO and when a player of his quality comes available you have to go in for him. I like Welbeck and Hernandez a lot but they're not of the quality of RVP, yet anyhow.

Fact is that RVP could be the difference between us winning and losing the league next season, especially considering City are in for him too.

I agree with what you say though, both are overpriced tbf... RVP is because City are interested and Baines is English so of course he will command a ridiculous fee. Jordi Alba completed his move to Barca today for €14m, 4 years younger than Baines and already as good if not better than Baines with the potential and makings to be the best LB in the world in a couple of years.

I wouldn't mind getting RVP, but with 3 strikers who are amongst the best in the league, 4 depending if Berba stays and of course Kagawa, I don't think we need him. I reckon he would be worth the risk at under £20m but that would be the maximum I would go. Could always spend the money we get off the Berba sale which will probably happen + a few extra million

I really don't get why we're in the market for a LB. I know it is because we loaned out Fabio, but are we just going to keep loaning out Fabio until Evra or the new LB leaves/retires??? Unless of course Fabio will challenge Rafael for the RB slot, or even move up to cover the left wing if need be.

I'd imagine they'd be more people who want him then don't want him anyway... Yeah hes almost 29 but he still has at least 3 good seasons left in him IMO and when a player of his quality comes available you have to go in for him. I like Welbeck and Hernandez a lot but they're not of the quality of RVP' date=' yet anyhow.

Fact is that RVP could be the difference between us winning and losing the league next season, especially considering City are in for him too.

I agree with what you say though, both are overpriced tbf... RVP is because City are interested and Baines is English so of course he will command a ridiculous fee. Jordi Alba completed his move to Barca today for €14m, 4 years younger than Baines and already as good if not better than Baines with the potential and makings to be the best LB in the world in a couple of years.[/quote']

I get what you mean about RVP and you're right he could still have a couple of seasons left in him but is it worth paying a huge amount on someone with such a questionable injury record especially for someone who'd have no resale value at all by the time his contract would be up? And I don't think he'd improve City's first team all that much if at all. No matter how many strikers they stack up they can't possibly fit them all in.

Yes if we were offered RVP for a decent fee I would love him here. He's a top quality striker and would more then adequately replace Berbatov who's off soon.

Baines should really only be around 8-10M but english players are always overpriced. I'd be very happy to buy him too as Evra isn't the player he used to be and needs a bit of a kick to get going again. We also currently for the start of the season have no LB's other then Evra as Fabio is on loan and Fryers looks more and more likely to go.

I have same opinion.

I wouldn't like to see RVP in United.

IMO He doesn't fit in our system.

Kagawa is beast when he plays as a AM' date='and I think that United will play next season 451 or 4231 with Rooney as a striker and Kagawa as a AM.

If RVP comes (Which I doubt tbh),he would probably take Rooney's place,Rooney would go to AM and Kagawa would play as a winger and tbh he isn't so good as a winger as he is as a AM,something like Mesut Ozil.

And I agree for Baines as well.

Evra can play for at least 1 or 2 more seasons and when Evra stops playing regularly,Baines will already be something like 30 years old.[/quote']

Regardless of if he fits into 1 system or not I'd love him here.

2 world class strikers upfront is never a bad thing. We could play a holding midfielder like Carrick and use Kagawa in the AM role with Rooney and RVP upfront. However I don't think we'll come close to signing him. If we did though it would be something to celebrate because RVP injuries or not is an amazing forward and can score for fun.

Baines IMO is needed. Or a LB of a similar level (which is impossible to find now Alba has gone to Barca). Evra needs either replacing or at least competition and Baines could offer either. He's also great at set pieces something United haven't been too brilliant with recently.

I'd imagine they'd be more people who want him then don't want him anyway... Yeah hes almost 29 but he still has at least 3 good seasons left in him IMO and when a player of his quality comes available you have to go in for him. I like Welbeck and Hernandez a lot but they're not of the quality of RVP' date=' yet anyhow.

I agree with what you say though, both are overpriced tbf... RVP is because City are interested and Baines is English so of course he will command a

ridiculous fee. Jordi Alba completed his move to Barca today for €14m, 4 years younger than Baines and already as good if not better than Baines with the potential and makings to be the best LB in the world in a couple of years.[/quote']

I agree with this tbf. If you get a top quality player available you can't just let him go elsewhere you need to at least try to sign him especially like you say if he went to City.

I'd agree anything over 20M for RVP is pushing it and 15M for Baines is a lot too but these are the likely prices. Alba would have been lovely but he was never going to join us over Barcelona let's be honest.

I really don't get why we're in the market for a LB. I know it is because we loaned out Fabio' date=' but are we just going to keep loaning out Fabio until Evra or the new LB leaves/retires??? Unless of course Fabio will challenge Rafael for the RB slot, or even move up to cover the left wing if need be.[/quote']

I doubt Fabio will ever play LB, Fergie has never fancied him there for whatever reason and even started him on the right in the CL final. He's probably been loaned out probably because he didn't fancy the odd appearance here and there. If we don't buy a LB I guess Evans will be used as cover for Evra