Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Evans to Barca... that goes into the category of 'Worst transfer rumours you've heard'. There's not a chance of that happening. And why would even consider going there' date=' he only has Ferdy and Vidic ahead of him at OT while there he will have to contest the CB spot with about 5 others.

Meanwhile;

According to Guillem Balague. Hes usually a trusty person, but gets it wrong sometimes too, which is only human.[/quote']

Ken about the silva situation, do you think it will happen?. Would be a good signing tbh.

Ken about the silva situation' date=' do you think it will happen?. Would be a good signing tbh.[/quote']

Simple Answer? In my own opinion I really cant see it tbh. :( Although I would love it to happen, as Silva is a player I rate very highly.

Anyways, Valencia tomorrow should be a good tester. :D Kicks off at 8 doesn't it?

Simple Answer? In my own opinion I really cant see it tbh. :( Although I would love it to happen' date=' as Silva is a player I rate very highly.

Anyways, Valencia tomorrow should be a good tester. :D Kicks off at 8 doesn't it?[/quote']

Yeah, was ment to be going, but my mates uncle who was taking us has work, so we cant go. But i shall be watching on MUTV.

Looking forward to the new season coming ahead! :D

Yeah' date=' was ment to be going, but my mates uncle who was taking us has work, so we cant go. But i shall be watching on MUTV.

Looking forward to the new season coming ahead! :D[/quote']

Wish I could say the same. :( Of course on a footballing level, I'm looking forward to it. But without our best player (and no real quality), I'm not sure how we will cope tbh.

Wish I could say the same. :( Of course on a footballing level' date=' I'm looking forward to it. But without our best player (and no real quality), I'm not sure how we will cope tbh.[/quote']

Behave yourself, ya big pessimist! 'twas the same when le king hung up his boots, and Becks and Ruud became galactico's, sometimes it takes a season or two to find our feet after a big loss, but we're always competitive and always bounce back ;)

Van Der Sar out for up to 8 weeks after an operation on a broken bone in his hand. :(

Every cloud has a silver lining I guess' date=' could be Ben's passport to the world cup if he performs, lets hope he does.[/quote']

Yup, perfect opportunity for Foster to step up to the plate and show what he's capable of. Capello knows he has ability (Carling Cup Final last year was one of his best), but he'll be looking to see how consistent he is over the next couple of months. It could also prove to Ferguson, that he might not have to buy a new keeper next summer when Van der Sar retires.

On a similar note, I sort of respect Kuszczak for staying this summer - I read somewhere he wants to fight for his place in the first team. I don't think he's needed at the club but fair play to him for trying.

Let's hope Van der Sar's injury problems don't come back repeatedly this season. We all know he's getting on a bit now (still a good keeper), and he's been quite fortunate with injuries last season (no serious problems), so hopefully he can regain his fitness and carry on as per usual.

5 Papers on different days have all said that they have heard from a source that Man Utd will use their friendly against Valencia to try and purchase Silva or Villa. Hope that's true as we need some one..

Valencia won't sell Villa, but I'd love to see Silva at Old Trafford. Like Ken said however, there aren't any Spanish players at United which doesn't do them any favours.

£20-£25m are the reported values I've seen for Silva.

Wish I could say the same. :( Of course on a footballing level' date=' I'm looking forward to it. But without our best player (and no real quality), I'm not sure how we will cope tbh.[/quote']

Sorta what i am thinking.Ronaldo was the man who broke down defense's that sat back and let us drive into them.Now he's gone i'm to sure who will be the man with the cuttitng edge that turns draws into wins.

I think we REALLY need Ribery or Silva.Would be delighted to get either.

Also why would Silva being the only Spanish player matter.We've attracted many players before that who are the only people from their countries.(Ronaldo Anderson and so on)

Van Der Sar out for up to 8 weeks after an operation on a broken bone in his hand. :(

Every cloud has a silver lining I guess' date=' could be Ben's passport to the world cup if he performs, lets hope he does.[/quote']

It will allow Ferguson to see if his other goalkeepers have got what it takes to become no.1:)

Personally the Villa/Silva rumours are a load of bull imo.

Would be really interesting to see how we do in the Community Shield. First real glimpse of how we 'll do without Ronaldo. Not too bothered about the result tbh though a win would be really good:p

Foster has looked a bit shaky in Pre-Season so hoping he fares better in the season.