Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Manchester United HAVE accepted QPR's £5 million offer for Ji-Sung Park. #QPR #MUFC .
It is not official yet.

Tbh I would welcome the 5M I know it's not official but I don't think many fans would feel too aggrieved about the decision to sell him.

He's been a great servant to United and always tried his best for us but he's 30/31 and hasn't had a great season. I think now is the right time to sell and 5M for him is a decent price considering his age and past season.

That's 1/3 of Baines paid for now..... :)

I would just like a bit more piece of the cake for Park.he is a good player and iMo' date='his value is more then 5m maybe 7-8m:)[/quote']

7-8 M is asking too much for him. If he had a good season this year possibly you could ask for 7. But he's 30+ now has no resale value and isn't exactly a fantastic old player. He puts a shift in and that's what 5M gets you. A decent player.

7-8 M is asking too much for him. If he had a good season this year possibly you could ask for 7. But he's 30+ now has no resale value and isn't exactly a fantastic old player. He puts a shift in and that's what 5M gets you. A decent player.

TBH GUYS IF WE CAN PAY 7M FR BEBE WHY NOT 7M FR PARK..he will be a vital player at qpr;)

TBH GUYS IF WE CAN PAY 7M FR BEBE WHY NOT 7M FR PARK..he will be a vital player at qpr;)

QPR aren't stupid we were.

We signed a player who Sir Alex hadn't really seen play and he turned out to be awful. There are a lot of rumors about why we bought Bebe. Bear in mind though Bebe was U21 when we signed him and was believed to have potential. Park is 30 past his best and behind Valencia, Young, Nani, Giggs and now Kagawa in the squad. So yes 5M is good for him.

Also Park won't be vital to QPR.

They have some decent wingers. He might start but he won't exactly be a star player. 5M is acceptable.

Also by your logic if we paid 7M for Bebe and Andy Carroll cost 35M the minimum price for a decent PL player should be around 20M......

Tbh I would welcome the 5M I know it's not official but I don't think many fans would feel too aggrieved about the decision to sell him.

He's been a great servant to United and always tried his best for us but he's 30/31 and hasn't had a great season. I think now is the right time to sell and 5M for him is a decent price considering his age and past season.

That's 1/3 of Baines paid for now..... :)

No it's not;)

We should be happy with 5 million for him, sadly he's not good enough for United anymore. He has a great engine, but he lacks the quality needed at the top level.

He cost us 4 million, so we're basically getting profit for a player 5 years older than when we first signed him. Great bit of business for us if the deal goes through.

I'll rephrase that.

HOPEFULLY that's 1/3 of Baines paid for.

Being an Everton fan yourself what would you say his chances of leaving are?

For the reported 15M fee?

I have seen numerous articles saying Everton want £17M.

I'll rephrase that.

I believe Everton want £20 million. Baines doesn't want to go, and they don't have to sell so it's a case of £20 million or he'll be more than happy to remain an Everton player.

I believe Everton want £20 million. Baines doesn't want to go' date=' and they don't have to sell so it's a case of £20 million or he'll be more than happy to remain an Everton player.[/quote']

Looks like he'll be staying at Everton then.... he's certainly not worth £20 million.

Looks like he'll be staying at Everton then.... he's certainly not worth £20 million.

Well he's a better player than Jordan Henderson and Stewart Downing, so I wouldn't rule out someone spending £20 million on him. United could use whatever money they get from Pogba and Fryers in compensation to make up the difference in valuations.

Well he's a better player than Jordan Henderson and Stewart Downing' date=' so I wouldn't rule out someone spending £20 million on him. United could use whatever money they get from Pogba and Fryers in compensation to make up the difference in valuations.[/quote']

The money for Pogba and Fryers will be combined no more then around 4/5M maximum and that's being very optimistic

Baines is IMO much better then Downing and Henderson but they were bought by a desperate Liverpool for what I think everyone would agree were vastly inflated prices and I would not want to see United following suit.

I would rather we not spend 20M on Baines and not be held to ransom by Everton. I would reckon his realistic value should be closer to £10M so United spending £15M would be about right.

The money for Pogba and Fryers will be combined no more then around 4/5M maximum and that's being very optimistic

Baines is IMO much better then Downing and Henderson but they were bought by a desperate Liverpool for what I think everyone would agree were vastly inflated prices and I would not want to see United following suit.

I would rather we not spend 20M on Baines and not be held to ransom by Everton. I would reckon his realistic value should be closer to £10M so United spending £15M would be about right.

Fryers will supposedly cost Spurs £2 million, Pogba is rated more highly that Fryers so I think it will make up about £5 million. United are supposedly happy to spend £15 million on Baines, so it should make up the difference in valuations.

United have bought players for inflated prices in the past. I don't think £20 million is that much of an inflated price for Baines, I think it's about £5 million too much, which isn't an awful lot for a club like United these days.

I don't think a back up left back is neccesarily needed, but Sir Alex seems to want a player of the quality of Baines and if they're unable to meet Everton's demands for him then who will they be looking at signing?

I'll rephrase that.

I have heard a lot of rumours that he doesn't actually want to go, the lad supports the club, is a fan favourite and likes it here. I have heard that it is actually the board who want to sell him so they can give Moyes funds instead of using their own money once in a while:rolleyes: I think it is extremely likely that he will be playing in Red on the first game of the season at Goodison but United will have to pay more than the £15m reported.

To add to the Baines debate - I think he will definitely be a United player next season as I have "found" this picture of the new United kit (below)

Baines.jpg

That also clears up the Number 7 debate too - we can all move on with life without that worry hanging over us :):P:rolleyes:

To add to the Baines debate - I think he will definitely be a United player next season as I have "found" this picture of the new United kit (below)

Baines.jpg

That also clears up the Number 7 debate too - we can all move on with life without that worry hanging over us :):P:rolleyes:

Wow, you must have a lot of spare time to have bothered doing that when none of us even care anymore :P

Hes clearly not in a stable state of mind - not even joking.

Typical lack of any sense of humour from a 'United fan' :rolleyes::o:D:eek:

Wow' date=' you must have a lot of spare time to have bothered doing that when none of us even care anymore :P[/quote']

It took about....3 minutes :P

Isnt Valencia's shirt number is number 7??:confused:

No - it's Baines as you can tell from this picture

Baines.jpg

OMG LOOOOOOOL I cannot believe someone thought that effort was real - brilliant!!!!!!!!