Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Add to that the improvement in Evans/Jones/Smallings games.

Our real problem was our midfield. Kagawa should ease some of that.

Cleverly's return to form and fitness will be like a new signing, and if Ando can recover the form of the beginning of last season are midfield doesn't look so bad.:)

Yes it may hamper the development of the likes of Welbeck and Hernandez and also Keane when he is fit again, but it will take pressure off Rooney, and will also give him rests every so often.

Maybe even RVP and Rooney on a rotation system...(highly doubt it, but you never know)

Also may mean that Kagawa will play on the wings, and it may also move Rooney into his more favoured AM role. And if RVP can score goals off of Song's passes, what can he do with a few passes from Scholes:)

Add to that the improvement in Evans/Jones/Smallings games.

Our real problem was our midfield. Kagawa should ease some of that.

I'd concur with the above, the starting line-up looks a much more formidable force with Viidic, Kagawa and RVP in it.

I'm also expecting De Gea to shine this season and not drop as many clangers as he did in the early stages of last season.

Hahaha.. what a rip off. I'm actually buzzing about the deal. Obviously I would have preferred if we kept him but 30 Million Euros or thereabouts is one amazing deal for a 29 year old with a horrible injury record with one year left in his contract.

Hahaha.. what a rip off. I'm actually buzzing about the deal. Obviously I would have preferred if we kept him but 30 Million Euros or thereabouts is one amazing deal for a 29 year old with a horrible injury record.

We payed £30 Million for Dimitar Berbatov.

We payed less than that for a stiker who seems to be at the peak of his career and lead goal scorer last season. He is worth the money.

Hahaha.. what a rip off. I'm actually buzzing about the deal. Obviously I would have preferred if we kept him but 30 Million Euros or thereabouts is one amazing deal for a 29 year old with a horrible injury record with one year left in his contract.

This I do agree with (IF the fee is the £24m that has been mentioned)

I feel Arsenal are getting a very good deal here under the circumstances (age and contract remaining)

On the injury record, well he's been fit for the last 18 months so maybe he's not as prone to injuries as some may suggest?

No doubt, there is still that question mark over his ability to play a full season.

I certainly wouldn't call it a rip off though if he contributes towards landing the title next season

Vidic returning is an improvement ;)

Fair point. Suspect we'll dip back into the market again before the end of August though. Don't know who for mind as Rodwell came out of the blue.

Anyway, you may now stop bleating on at us for buying success. Nothing won last season so you pay over the odds for the top scorer of last season. Has City written all over it :P

I was in the Arsenal end at Old Trafford when United fans were signing VERY derogatory chants about RvP and an alleged incident in Holland...#(whilst supporting a United player who had been accused of similar I might add)

...how could you go from chanting like that to welcoming him in?

Got to admit though - he looked class during the Euros and that's why you have had to pay so much lol

Here's one to make you smile

Mancs are United fans

Shame you all lied about your location :)

I hate stuff like this, i live in manchester and have all my life and I support Manchester United. maybe its because i live here and i'm ' a minority ' however what's wrong with having fans outside of Manchester? that just prove's we're a succesfull club. Every country in the World has Heard of Manchester United and most likely Every Country in the world has Manchester United fans, doesn't bother me.

Fair point. Suspect we'll dip back into the market again before the end of August though. Don't know who for mind as Rodwell came out of the blue.

Anyway' date=' you may now stop bleating on at us for buying success. Nothing won last season so you pay over the odds for the top scorer of last season. Has City written all over it :P[/quote']

As I've said before, I'm not one of those who questions how much other teams spend on players :P

The fees paid these days are getting out of hand and I'm not entirely sure what Fergie sees as 'value for money' in the transfer market.

Happy with the RVP deal though even if it's a short term solution. It makes me think that Fergie is after an immediate impact to bring silverware back to Utd before he decides to retire.

I hate stuff like this' date=' i live in manchester and have all my life and I support Manchester United. maybe its because i live here and i'm ' a minority ' however what's wrong with having fans outside of Manchester? that just prove's we're a succesfull club. Every country in the World has Heard of Manchester United and most likely Every Country in the world has Manchester United fans, doesn't bother me.[/quote']

More fans because you are a successful club? = glorry hunters following a team they have no real connection to rather than their local clubs :D

For my opinion on the matter, please see my previous 1,461 posts on this thread :)

I was in the Arsenal end at Old Trafford when United fans were signing VERY derogatory chants about RvP and an alleged incident in Holland...#(whilst supporting a United player who had been accused of similar I might add)

...how could you go from chanting like that to welcoming him in?

Got to admit though - he looked class during the Euros and that's why you have had to pay so much lol

Had the same conversation with a close friend today who's an Arsenal fan regarding the performances at the Euros. I was saying that anything over £20m would be too much and pointed out the performance of RVP at said Euros.

Yes, RVP was tosh.....but then again, so were Holland.

Also, Rooney was pretty awful at the Euros, but he seems to do okay for Utd ;)

More fans because you are a successful club? = glorry hunters following a team they have no real connection to rather than their local clubs :D

For my opinion on the matter' date=' please see my previous 1,461 posts on this thread[/b'] :)

Na thanks, it's not that important anyway.

For my opinion on the matter' date=' please see my previous 1,461 posts on this thread :)[/quote']

Says a City fan..

For my opinion on the matter' date=' please see my previous 1,461 posts on this thread :)[/quote']

So you can only support your local club? City and United would both have Tiny fan bases then.

also before your club received all the money they were more empty seats in the crowd than fans. so how City fans can say anything about glory hunting is beyond me.

Says a City fan..

EH??????????

So you can only support your local club? City and United would both have Tiny fan bases then.

also before your club received all the money they were more empty seats in the crowd than fans. so how City fans can say anything about glory hunting is beyond me.

The word "fan" is derived from the word 'fanatic" - choosing an already successful club from a different towwn/city or even country that you have no tangible links to is called 'glory hunting'

How many fans had City before to spend big?

Google translate fails again?

Guys - I don't really want another slapped hand - so just accept my opinion is MY opinion and move on from discussing why you chose successful teams

Let's instead discuss the fact that United won nothing last season and are spending a fortune to try and catch up (which United fans slate other clubs for)