Evra

Valencia(Nani)

Carrick(Anderson)

Fletcher(Gibson)

Tosic(Cleverly)

Rooney(Berbatov)

Owen(Macheda)

That was it I think.

Yes' date=' all the subs right, with regards to your (?)

It was Tosic for Macheda, Macheda started on the left, then when Owen was replaced by Cleverley, Cleverley moved to the left and Macheda up top with Berba.

I thought the dig at City was a classic as well!! :D[/quote']

Cleverly came on at half-time for Tosic, Macheda and Berba came on afterwards

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Rooney is fantastic. B)

Valencia had a good game by the looks of it. Looks like 17 million we payed might turn out be bargain after all...

De Laet looked fantastic and I would presume he would be 4th choice CB. Ver strong as well.

And Craig have I got this right-

Foster(Kuzchak)

De laet

Ferdinand

Vidic

Evra

Valencia(Nani)

Carrick(Anderson)

Fletcher(Gibson)

Tosic(?)

Rooney(Berbatov)

Owen(Cleverly)

Loved the cheap shot at city regarding the Valencia goalie:D

Terrific match. Plenty of positives to take note of.

1. I feel Owen harshly being targeted in the media. It was his first start against a very competitive team. The previous ones weren't so physically demanding. (with due respect to other opponents). And i feel he did fairly well. As expected, he is going to get plenty of support and chances at United. There were so many chances created for him. Especially the one which Rooney slid a clever ball for him, though Owen went on to miss the one-on-one. Inspite of those misses, he was quite impressive and i am really looking forward to the Owen-Rooney partnership.

2. Luis Antonio Valencia: The undoubted Man of the match. Valencia put Valencia to the sword. He was very impressive on his home debut. He has tremendous pace, and kept running at the opposition. He isnt shy to cut in and have a shot at goal too. He has a great accuracy in crossing, wonderful pace and great attacking abilities. Nani showed some improvement too. If he can step up his game, then would be a deadly combo with him and Valencia on the wings.

3. Da Laet: He really surprised me yesterday. I never thought that he would be so effective in the attacking third. His support on the wings really impressed me. Capable of running at the defences too. A little more of experience and good nurturing may see him break into the first team on a more regular basis.

4. Tom Cleverly: I have no idea who this boy is. He certainly showed great potential. Very happy for the lad, to see him score at the Stretford End. He said in his interview that he was envy of Welbeck for scoring at the Stretford End. But his wish came true too! May be too soon to talk about his future, and Fergie has already said that he intends to send Tom on a season long loan to improve further. Hope he does play first team football during his loan spell.

As for the remaining ones, quite a decent show. Just need to improve on our finishing. Have been creating many chances but not converting them. Heard Kiko may get an Italian under-21 call up. Nice to hear that. The midfield looks quite organised, Carrick and Fletch have been doing a good job and Ando has been impressive too.

Bdw, is Vida still injured?

Terrific match. Plenty of positives to take note of.

1. I feel Owen harshly being targeted in the media. It was his first start against a very competitive team. The previous ones weren't so physically demanding. (with due respect to other opponents). And i feel he did fairly well. As expected' date=' he is going to get plenty of support and chances at United. There were so many chances created for him. Especially the one which Rooney slid a clever ball for him, though Owen went on to miss the one-on-one. Inspite of those misses, he was quite impressive and i am really looking forward to the Owen-Rooney partnership.

2. Luis Antonio Valencia: The undoubted Man of the match. Valencia put Valencia to the sword. He was very impressive on his home debut. He has tremendous pace, and kept running at the opposition. He isnt shy to cut in and have a shot at goal too. He has a great accuracy in crossing, wonderful pace and great attacking abilities. Nani showed some improvement too. If he can step up his game, then would be a deadly combo with him and Valencia on the wings.

3. Da Laet: He really surprised me yesterday. I never thought that he would be so effective in the attacking third. His support on the wings really impressed me. Capable of running at the defences too. A little more of experience and good nurturing may see him break into the first team on a more regular basis.

4. Tom Cleverly: I have no idea who this boy is. He certainly showed great potential. Very happy for the lad, to see him score at the Stretford End. He said in his interview that he was envy of Welbeck for scoring at the Stretford End. But his wish came true too! May be too soon to talk about his future, and Fergie has already said that he intends to send Tom on a season long loan to improve further. Hope he does play first team football during his loan spell.

As for the remaining ones, quite a decent show. Just need to improve on our finishing. Have been creating many chances but not converting them. Heard Kiko may get an Italian under-21 call up. Nice to hear that. The midfield looks quite organised, Carrick and Fletch have been doing a good job and Ando has been impressive too.

Bdw, is Vida still injured?[/quote']

Was able to see the whole match courtesy of a friend. And my is that boy De Laet impressive. Reminds me so much of Maicon. Brilliant physique. With neville and Brown constantly injured. I wouldn't hesitate to distribute the RB games b/w O'Shea,Rafael and De laet.

And Craig I am starting to see how good Gibson is as well. Played some very good passes in the game.

With Vidic it might just be precautionary I feel.

Was able to see the whole match courtesy of a friend. And my is that boy De Laet impressive. Reminds me so much of Maicon. Brilliant physique. With neville and Brown constantly injured. I wouldn't hesitate to distribute the RB games b/w O'Shea' date='Rafael and De laet.

[b']And Craig I am starting to see how good Gibson is as well. Played some very good passes in the game.

[/b]

With Vidic it might just be precautionary I feel.

I've championed him for a while, he's imo potentially a first team regular for the CM slot if he carries on developing as he is at the moment, his passing range and ability to pass through players reminds me of Carrick, and he also likes a hit from long distance like Scholes.

I suppose I've seen quite a bit of him though in reserve team fixtures, but you can tell through looking at games like that which players are playing well above the level of the opposition, and Gibson regularly did this.

Completely agree with De Laet also, looks very impressive. Seen a little of him, but up until last night he's been inconsistent, having good games and not so good games. Didn't think he was gonna have a good night, gave the ball away with a horrible touch very early on, but recovered well and confidence grew as the game went on.

Our results in the MUPC cup

PSG 3-0 United

Sao paulo 3-0 United

United 1-0 Alta Loma Arsenal SC

Apparently are best player has been Nicky barmby's son so far.

PSG and Sao Paulo were favourites so we had a touch group

Just switched onto MUTV and said United had a player sent off vs Sao Paulo, so that didnt help.

Sky Sports News says Vidic out for 2 weeks with a groin injury and will miss Sunday and Birmingham next week.

Wes Brown and Gary Neville still a week away. (and VDS' injury obviously)

So I'd say for Sunday: (Although this wouldn't be my starting XI personally)

---------Foster

Rafael Evans Ferdinand Evra

Valencia Carrick Anderson Nani

---------Berba Rooney

Sky Sports News says Vidic out for 2 weeks with a groin injury and will miss Sunday and Birmingham next week.

Wes Brown and Gary Neville still a week away. (and VDS' injury obviously)

So I'd say for Sunday: (Although this wouldn't be my starting XI personally)

---------Foster

Valencia Carrick Anderson Nani

---------Berba Rooney

tbh neville and brown aren't a miss:o

What I'd like

Foster

Valencia Carrick Anderson Tosic

Rooney Berbatov

What we might play

Foster

O'Shea Evans Ferdinand Evra

Valencia Carrick Fletcher Park

Rooney Berbatov

Will be interesting to see who partners Carrick in central midfield: Anderson' date=' Fletcher or possibly Gibson? The latter continues to impress me.

With the very attacking nature of Valencia and Nani on the pitch, Ferguson may choose Fletcher to offer some defensive balance to the midfield.[/quote']

I'm very happy that people are actually starting to see what I saw in Gibson, but I think he will feature at some point although I doubt it will be to start. I'd be more inclined to start Anderson, due to the fact he's box to box and can help out at either end, whereas I don't think Fletch carries the same threat, and is there to hassle people basically.

Would personally start with Carrick and Anderson. Fletcher would be backup to them. And Carrick is a lot more defensive minded than people might think. Not implying he is a DM. But he does tend to stay a lot with occassional forays into the attacking half. With Anderson playing Carrick can just sit behind him and show us his lovely range of passing where as Anderson can bomb on a lot more and use his pace and strength. Plus Anderson gives us that final killer pass which unfortunately dosen't if required. Gibson is really looking like a good player but Carling Cup is his best chance in all honesty or injuries.

next season who do u tink will be on the left? Tosic or nani? i tink giggs will move to a central position and play the same role as scholes does.

It's one of those seasons I think, there's only 5 players guaranteed to start every game they are fit for atm, those being Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Carrick and Rooney. Everyone else's position is up for grabs, which I suppose is a good thing in a way as the competition for places, due to the emergence of the next batch of youngsters can only make everyone raise their game.

Fergie's gonna have one helluva headache this season trying to rotate, but it's a one I'm glad he got :)

Carrick and Fletcher for me.

Berba and Rooney up top.

Couldn't agree more. Fletcher over Anderson every time.

It's one of those seasons I think' date=' there's only 5 players guaranteed to start every game they are fit for atm, those being Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Carrick and Rooney. Everyone else's position is up for grabs, which I suppose is a good thing in a way as the competition for places, due to the emergence of the next batch of youngsters can only make everyone raise their game.

Fergie's gonna have one helluva headache this season trying to rotate, but it's a one I'm glad he got :)[/quote']

Van der Sar's another guaranteed starter in my opinion.

Van der Sar's another guaranteed starter in my opinion.

Van Der Sar is another funny one tbh, especially as the rumours persist about him retiring. Him and SAF obviously know what his plans are, but I think we'll see Foster get a bigger share of games than he has been getting, to bed him in and also give him enough game time to get to the world cup ;)

Van Der Sar is another funny one tbh' date=' especially as the rumours persist about him retiring. Him and SAF obviously know what his plans are, but I think we'll see Foster get a bigger share of games than he has been getting, to bed him in and also give him enough game time to get to the world cup ;)[/quote']

He's still the best keeper at the club and I've no doubts he will be a first-team regular come December.

I'd love for Foster to prove himself in these next 8-10 weeks because I reckon he'd make a good England goalie at the World Cup next year.

He's still the best keeper at the club and I've no doubts he will be a first-team regular come December.

I'd love for Foster to prove himself in these next 8-10 weeks because I reckon he'd make a good England goalie at the World Cup next year.

Totally agree mate, I think VDS is still the best keeper at the club. But there's gotta be a "handover" period as such, and I think with Edwin's injury he may now decide, if Foster is in good form for the first weeks of the season that this one might be the one.

I'd be gutted to see him go, he's been a terrific asset for us, and a definite favourite amongst the fans, just a shame we didn't get him when we missed out and he went to Fulham, we could have had a couple more titles on the roll of honour, as our main weakness during the "transitional years" was a succession of mediocre keepers.

Lets just hope Foster proves he can step in and be a ready made replacement, the only criticism I have of him is that he isn't an imposing presence the way VDS is, but he definitely has the raw goalkeeping ability. And I agree I'd be over the moon if he was England's number one come next June.

I think Chelsea will win the community shield this sunday.. I thought we would anyway.. but now Vidic and Van Der Sar are out and are gunna miss the start of the seasons that quite a big hole.

Although you could argue that Vidic doesn't step up in big games and can crack under the pressure, and you've got Evans who is a very good defender.

Will be a good game though :D

Totally agree mate' date=' I think VDS is still the best keeper at the club. But there's gotta be a "handover" period as such, and I think with Edwin's injury he may now decide, if Foster is in good form for the first weeks of the season that this one might be the one.

I'd be gutted to see him go, he's been a terrific asset for us, and a definite favourite amongst the fans, just a shame we didn't get him when we missed out and he went to Fulham, we could have had a couple more titles on the roll of honour, as our main weakness during the "transitional years" was a succession of mediocre keepers.

Lets just hope Foster proves he can step in and be a ready made replacement, the only criticism I have of him is that he isn't an imposing presence the way VDS is, but he definitely has the raw goalkeeping ability. And I agree I'd be over the moon if he was England's number one come next June.[/quote']

Honestly, i prefer Kuszczak over Foster