Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils thread

A very stupid thing to sing' date=' but if 'they' wanted to offend Liverpool 'they' could have sung one of the songs that directly mention Hillsborough, the song was only sung after the Liverpool match where Suarez racially abused Evra, not linked to Hillsborough but I guess when it was sung they knew the effect it would have.[/quote']

Praise the powers that be that you agree the song was sung yesterday to wind up Liverpudlians, and if that was the intent that it was disgraceful. :)

Praise the powers that be that you agree the song was sung yesterday to wind up Liverpudlians' date=' and if that was the intent that it was disgraceful. :)[/quote']

Don't get what your talking about, but then again I'm not the brightest 14 year old...

Basically saying - I am glad you aren't trying to defend the song or those who sung it yesterday....

PS you have been 14 for three years now....lol

Oh right, I don't think you can defend people singing it, a sensitive issue.

No:confused:, I joined as a 10 year old and now I'm 14, I think I'd know my age..

Nick Powell on Fans

"When I first came on it scared me a little bit, to be fair, because I'm only used to 5,000 people now and then, but it's a great atmosphere - the fans are great. It wasn't the hardest game because they made it easier for me but I'm happy to be on the pitch getting minutes."

SAF focuses on Europe

"We've had opportunities in the competition," he stated. "We've lost two finals to Barcelona and won two in the last decade or so but we want to do better. Certainly, we'll do better than last year - no question about that.

"The European Cup is incredible. There's an atmosphere in the build-up to a European final and great charisma about it. Also, without question, it elevates your status within the game like the Real Madrids and AC Milans. We want to be up there in terms of the number of trophies won in European football."

I have seen him say the same thing a couple of times now..he shouldnt be that much confident and stay focused on group qualification:)

"ACCORDING" to a 'United fans group" ....

So' date=' why were they signing it yesterday against Wigan?

Don't try and defend it - unless of course you were one of the people singing it ;)

The words to the song are

"It wasn't your fault, it wasn't your fault, always the victim, It's never your fault"

How on any day of the week does that refer to Suarez/Evra, expecially on the week after the papers were released about Hillsborough?[/quote']

That song was made after Evra/Suarez incident aimed at Suarez, obviously. I can see however that it could have been seen as a chant at Liverpool over the 96 and I really hope that it wasn't intended in that way.

That song was made after Evra/Suarez incident aimed at Suarez' date=' obviously. I can see however that it could have been seen as a chant at Liverpool over the 96 and I really hope that it wasn't intended in that way.[/quote']

The song for Suarez is in your sig, United fans have been chanting 'It's never your fault' for years before the Suarez/Evra thing happened.

Just read an interesting point on the chanting made on RedCafe' date=' Suarez's main argument about him saying Negro was that 'it's not what we think he meant' but couldn't that be the same for the chant?[/quote']

He was guilty as charged - this chant is indefensible!

Let's move on though - as I know the VAST majority of United fans were not singing it, and would never sing it

He was guilty as charged - this chant is indefensible!

Let's move on though - as I know the VAST majority of United fans were not singing it' date=' and would never sing it[/quote']Next week is a good opportunity for many things to happen in terms of moving on, though i think the chances of good things happening may have been ruined already by this chant this weekend.

Suarez should shake hands with Evra if he plays (with Buttner's performance that's not guaranteed even if he is fit). No matter what people's opinions are on this issue, this needs to happen.

The fans should unite in not singing any chants related to tragedies. This should go without saying, but it's happened this weekend when you were playing Wigan. I fear if it happens on the first game back at Anfield since the cover-up has been exposed, it could get nasty.

There needs to be some kind of respect shown at the start of the game, as it is the first game back at Anfield since. If this simply means not booing YNWA, that would be a good start.

Next week is a good opportunity for many things to happen in terms of moving on' date=' though i think the chances of good things happening may have been ruined already by this chant this weekend.

Suarez should shake hands with Evra if he plays (with Buttner's performance that's not guaranteed even if he is fit). No matter what people's opinions are on this issue, this needs to happen.

The fans should unite in not singing any chants related to tragedies. This should go without saying, but it's happened this weekend when you were playing Wigan. I fear if it happens on the first game back at Anfield since the cover-up has been exposed, it could get nasty.

There needs to be some kind of respect shown at the start of the game, as it is the first game back at Anfield since. If this simply means not booing YNWA, that would be a good start.[/quote']

If Suarez fails to shake Evra's hand it will heat the proverbial cauldron to epic levels.

However if Suarez can finally grow up and shake hands with the man he racially abused, then hopefully a 'calmness' can try and break through at the match.

Their will be SOME moronic fans on both sides, but hopefully we will be focusing on the football.

Hey, I thought this would be the best place to post this.

Buttner had an impressive debut with 1 goal and an assist. Do you think he will replace Evra shortly or will it take a while? I understand that Evra shouldnt be dismissed cause he is still a top LB but I just want opinions. Thanks.

Hey' date=' I thought this would be the best place to post this.

Buttner had an impressive debut with 1 goal and an assist. Do you think he will replace Evra shortly or will it take a while? I understand that Evra shouldnt be dismissed cause he is still a top LB but I just want opinions. Thanks.[/quote']

I personally see Evra playing in France this time next year. But for this season he's got that LB spot as his own :)

Buttner had an impressive debut with 1 goal and an assist. Do you think he will replace Evra shortly or will it take a while? I understand that Evra shouldnt be dismissed cause he is still a top LB but I just want opinions. Thanks.[/quote']

I think Buttner will get a fair share of gametime against the Wigans, Readings of this world tbh. Whilst I am not going to think the lad has the potential to be top notch after just 1 game, it means Evra can finally have a rest for periods over the season, something he has not really been able to do over recent seasons.

A rest could do Evra's game the world of good and could also help Buttner's development.

However I have seen many players come through and start brightly only to fade into obscurity later on ( Healy, Chadwick, Mulryne amongst others) so I am reserving judgment on Buttner until he has played on a regular basis against better opposition than Wigan.

If anything it will give Evra the wake up call he so badly needed...hopefully Fergie plays Buttner when Evra is on a run of poor form instead of persisting with the Frenchman...

The LB spot is still Evra's though:)

However I have seen many players come through and start brightly only to fade into obscurity later on ( Healy' date=' Chadwick, Mulryne amongst others) so I am reserving judgment on Buttner until he has played on a regular basis against better opposition than Wigan.[/quote']

Obscurity? Healy? The man is the record holder for number of goals in a single WC qualifying campaign with 13 I believe, definitely not obscure :D:rolleyes:;)

Thought you'd be interested to know that Butter lost the ball to an opponent on his first touch 7 times against Wigan; more than any other player in a PL game this season. Against a better side he'd have been in some real trouble and considering your main gripe about Evra was his defensive fallacies, you certainly need to see Buttner's performances against far better opposition.

Thought you'd be interested to know that Butter lost the ball to an opponent on his first touch 7 times against Wigan; more than any other player in a PL game this season. Against a better side he'd have been in some real trouble and considering your main gripe about Evra was his defensive fallacies' date=' you certainly need to see Buttner's performances against far better opposition.[/quote']

He lacked defensive discipline.