Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Honestly' date=' i prefer Kuszczak over Foster[/quote']

Just go check the records then,kuszczak isnt very well when he plays and i dont like him alot,i rather some no link guy take over his spot then to let him play,he sucks,and if VDS really retire this season,lets just hope Foster can be the perfect replacement,but i highly doubth Kuszczak's ability. :confused:

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

I think Chelsea will win the community shield this sunday.. I thought we would anyway.. but now Vidic and Van Der Sar are out and are gunna miss the start of the seasons that quite a big hole.

Although you could argue that Vidic doesn't step up in big games and can crack under the pressure' date=' and you've got Evans who is a very good defender.

[/b']

Will be a good game though :D

That's pot load of garbage. 1 real glaring mistake in full season people think he dosen't step up in big games. Still the best defender in the world by some distance. Ever seen how he attracts the ball like a magnet.

And what is making me crack with laughter is people and Chelsea fans in particular predicting a thrashing for United with scores like 3-0 and 5-0 being thrown around all because we lost one player from our starting lineup(albeit the best player in the world). Not that it bothers me a lot as I am quite used to us being written of after selling our better players. We will miss Vidic though on Sunday but we have Johny Evans who has all the makings of a world class defender.

As for Foster if he plays well in the 8 weeks or so he has then I would start him ahead of VDS without a doubt. I really rate him even though he had a shaky pre-season. Anyone remember his debut? Single handedly won us 3 points against Derby when we were pap. We need a competent keeper for the world cup(not calamity James) and it's between Green and him.

Now looking at the season in general and not tomorrow's game-

At RB on paper between Brown, Neville, O'Shea and Rafael. But I fully expect Brown and Neville to be constantly injured for most of the season so it's between O'Shea and Rafael. And in that case I don't think there will be any fixed RB. Depending on the games it will be one of them. O'Shea has improved his crossing a lot though since playing regularly which is good.

At CB it's Vidic and Ferdinand. No doubts there. The best CB pairing in the world. But both have shown signs of injuries with Ferdinand having a slightly disrupted season last time round. In that Case we have Evans who in SM terms in a future 95. With more playing time he will become even better. So no worries there. In case of both being injured expect either O'Shea or De Laet to step in or Brown if he is fit.

At LB it's the best LB in the world Evra. Like most of our squad he struggled a bit towards the end of the season. But expect him to be on top of his game this season. In Case of injury or the carling cup matches expect either Fabio or De Laet to step in. Fabio is sure to get more game time this season and was quite unlucky last season getting injured on each of his 2 starts.

As for the Wingers one is definitely going to be Antonio "Class" Valencia with the other spot up for grabs. Nani, Tosic and Park will be gunning for the final slot. Out of the 3 Tosic looked the best in pre-season but that's not much to go on in all honesty as the EPL is a different cattle of fish. But Sir Alex seems to like Park a lot so it might be him. But Nani and Tosic are likely to play more than they did last season for sure.

At CM we have plenty of options. We have Carrick, Anderson, Fletcher, Giggs, Scholes and Gibson. Out of the 6 I would think only Carrick is assured of his place. And I feel sad to say this but Scholes is probably last choice. Make no mistake I love him and have based my entire game on the way he used to play but he looks terribly out of form. His passing is not what it used to be and gives away the ball a lot. Gibson is really looking good now but I would have Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson and Giggs ahead of him. Giggs wouldn't start many games. More likely to be a impact sub and he still has th eye for a good ball. So it's basically between Anderson and Fletcher. And anyone with half a mind knows Anderson is a lot better even now. last season was a bit stop start for Anderson missing games due to injury and the Olympics initially. But when he did come back into the side late on he played like he did in his first season. He can pass, he can run with the ball, he can make tackles, he has strength and when in the mood can dominate the best in midfield(i.e Fabregas and Gerrard).

Up front no issues really it's gotta be the ridiculously talented Wayne Rooney and sublimely talented Dimitar Berbatov. If Valencia has a good season I really wouldn't be surprised if Berba had around 15+ goals and 15+ assists this season. And when we struggle to break teams down bring on Owen for Berba and seen how he links with Rooney. He has to improve his finishing though. Apart from his finishing he really had a good game against valencia.

Honestly' date=' i prefer Kuszczak over Foster[/quote']

You really can't.Kuszczak is poor in goal and whenever he's in goal i feel vunerable.Foster gives you more security and with some good game time he will be picked over Kuzsczak every time.

You really can't.Kuszczak is poor in goal and whenever he's in goal i feel vunerable.Foster gives you more security and with some good game time he will be picked over Kuzsczak every time.

Although Ben Foster is better I don't really remember Kuzcak ever having a poor game(I don't remember anyway). Whenever hes played he has done a good job for us. Reliable imo. Has really done nothing wrong to warrant saying hes poor.

Although Ben Foster is better I don't really remember Kuzcak ever having a poor game(I don't remember anyway). Whenever hes played he has done a good job for us. Reliable imo. Has really done nothing wrong to warrant saying hes poor.

Trust me he's dodgy.Foster is better and more secure.

That's pot load of garbage. 1 real glaring mistake in full season people think he dosen't step up in big games. Still the best defender in the world by some distance. Ever seen how he attracts the ball like a magnet.

And what is making me crack with laughter is people and Chelsea fans in particular predicting a thrashing for United with scores like 3-0 and 5-0 being thrown around all because we lost one player from our starting lineup(albeit the best player in the world). Not that it bothers me a lot as I am quite used to us being written of after selling our better players. We will miss Vidic though on Sunday but we have Johny Evans who has all the makings of a world class defender.

As for Foster if he plays well in the 8 weeks or so he has then I would start him ahead of VDS without a doubt. I really rate him even though he had a shaky pre-season. Anyone remember his debut? Single handedly won us 3 points against Derby when we were pap. We need a competent keeper for the world cup(not calamity James) and it's between Green and him.

At RB on paper between Brown' date=' Neville, O'Shea and Rafael. But I fully expect Brown and Neville to be constantly injured for most of the season so it's between O'Shea and Rafael. And in that case I don't think there will be any fixed RB. Depending on the games it will be one of them. O'Shea has improved his crossing a lot though since playing regularly which is good.

At CB it's Vidic and Ferdinand. No doubts there. The best CB pairing in the world. But both have shown signs of injuries with Ferdinand having a slightly disrupted season last time round. In that Case we have Evans who in SM terms in a future 95. With more playing time he will become even better. So no worries there. In case of both being injured expect either O'Shea or De Laet to step in or Brown if he is fit.

At LB it's the best LB in the world Evra. Like most of our squad he struggled a bit towards the end of the season. But expect him to be on top of his game this season. In Case of injury or the carling cup matches expect either Fabio or De Laet to step in. Fabio is sure to get more game time this season and was quite unlucky last season getting injured on each of his 2 starts.

As for the Wingers one is definitely going to be Antonio "Class" Valencia with the other spot up for grabs. Nani, Tosic and Park will be gunning for the final slot. Out of the 3 Tosic looked the best in pre-season but that's not much to go on in all honesty as the EPL is a different cattle of fish. But Sir Alex seems to like Park a lot so it might be him. But Nani and Tosic are likely to play more than they did last season for sure.

At CM we have plenty of options. We have Carrick, Anderson, Fletcher, Giggs, Scholes and Gibson. Out of the 6 I would think only Carrick is assured of his place. And I feel sad to say this but Scholes is probably last choice. Make no mistake I love him and have based my entire game on the way he used to play but he looks terribly out of form. His passing is not what it used to be and gives away the ball a lot. Gibson is really looking good now but I would have Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson and Giggs ahead of him. Giggs wouldn't start many games. More likely to be a impact sub and he still has th eye for a good ball. So it's basically between Anderson and Fletcher. And anyone with half a mind knows Anderson is a lot better even now. last season was a bit stop start for Anderson missing games due to injury and the Olympics initially. But when he did come back into the side late on he played like he did in his first season. He can pass, he can run with the ball, he can make tackles, he has strength and when in the mood can dominate the best in midfield(i.e Fabregas and Gerrard).

Up front no issues really it's gotta be the ridiculously talented Wayne Rooney and sublimely talented Dimitar Berbatov. If Valencia has a good season I really wouldn't be surprised if Berba had around 15+ goals and 15+ assists this season. And when we struggle to break teams down bring on Owen for Berba and seen how he links with Rooney. He has to improve his finishing though. Apart from his finishing he really had a good game against valencia.[/quote']

Nice compilation. We certainly have great quality in our ranks, the only thing is that, the players must now step up to the task and obviously playing for Manchester United is a big enough motivation. Two people i really expect to do well this term are Nani and Berbatov. Nani is extremely talented, has the pace and crossing ability. The only thing lacking is the accuracy. If he improves and Valencia lives up to his pre-season performances then both of them can together combine to compensate the loss of Ronaldo. i certainly dont expect them to get in those many goals, but then i would be very happy if they did their 'wingers" job i.e quality passing, crossing and accuracy. Leave the scoring head-ache to the four strikers we have. I am sure Kiko will have much more to do this season. He'll feature a lot more and he has already shown the glimpses of talent in him. He just needs a little polishing and he'll could well be a star in making. No doubt he's being guided well under SAF and Ole. Berbatov, well the only reason he was criticized so much was due to his price tag of 30m pounds. It was quite a good season for him with the link up play and the assists he provided. I am sure, we'll get more goals from him this season. Another player who has impressed is Gibson. When he first came into the team, i thought he would just be another player, but then he has showed a lot of promise. I was really impressed with him the other night against Valencia. The lad has some shooting power. As for the energy and work-rate that may seem missing due to the absence of Tevez, well there's Rooney. I feel that Rooney's work rate is better than anyother player. The amount of effort he puts in is tremendous. A thorough team-player. Inspite of Ronaldo taking all the lime-light last season, it was Rooney who was the heart of all the attack. He is literally all over the field. He does have that aggression that everyone is talking about which he must control, but then i think its that aggression in him that makes him the player he is. I would love the Owen-Roo partnership to flourish here. The match against Valencia proved that Owen will be getting a hell lot of chances here in United. I doubt if he ever got such clear-cut chances in his whole tenure at Newcastle. Its too early to criticize him for missing them. Unfair on him. Just a matter of time.

At RB on paper between Brown' date=' Neville, O'Shea and Rafael. But I fully expect Brown and Neville to be constantly injured for most of the season so it's between O'Shea and Rafael. And in that case I don't think there will be any fixed RB. Depending on the games it will be one of them. O'Shea has improved his crossing a lot though since playing regularly which is good.

[b']At CM we have plenty of options. We have Carrick, Anderson, Fletcher, Giggs, Scholes and Gibson. Out of the 6 I would think only Carrick is assured of his place. And I feel sad to say this but Scholes is probably last choice. Make no mistake I love him and have based my entire game on the way he used to play but he looks terribly out of form. His passing is not what it used to be and gives away the ball a lot. Gibson is really looking good now but I would have Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson and Giggs ahead of him. Giggs wouldn't start many games. More likely to be a impact sub and he still has th eye for a good ball. So it's basically between Anderson and Fletcher. And anyone with half a mind knows Anderson is a lot better even now. last season was a bit stop start for Anderson missing games due to injury and the Olympics initially. But when he did come back into the side late on he played like he did in his first season. He can pass, he can run with the ball, he can make tackles, he has strength and when in the mood can dominate the best in midfield(i.e Fabregas and Gerrard). [/b]

Up front no issues really it's gotta be the ridiculously talented Wayne Rooney and sublimely talented Dimitar Berbatov. If Valencia has a good season I really wouldn't be surprised if Berba had around 15+ goals and 15+ assists this season. And when we struggle to break teams down bring on Owen for Berba and seen how he links with Rooney. He has to improve his finishing though. Apart from his finishing he really had a good game against valencia.

I think you're missing someone, mate. It's Hargo. Well he's injured right now, but he does well for us when he's fit.

My take on the new season.!

Its finally back. After two months of football-drought, ridiculous transfer movements and all the off-field antics and drama, the much awaited football season is back, and i mean Real Football. The curtain raiser to the English season kicks off with the FA Community shield which sees Chelsea taking on the defending champions Manchester United. It'll be a battle between the newcomer, an Italian export and a manager who has been incharge of United even before I was born (I was born in 1988).

Even though Chelsea change their managers like clothes, bringing in Carlo Ancelotti could be a master-stoke. It could be an even bigger transfer than Cristiano Ronaldo's 80m pound move from the English capital of trophies to the Spanish capital. Chelsea have managed to do something that no other big-four club have managed this season, that is keep hold of their star-players. Infact, they have even signed Yuri Zhirkov, a valuable addition who can play either on the wings or as a wing-back. No wonder, Chelsea have been tipped as early favorites to win the EPL this season and end United's dominance.

The Red Devils on the other hand have been dealt with a severe blow, losing both Ronaldo and Tevez. Their goals and influence on the pitch will be surely missed. But, this may just be Rooney's year, with the World Cup coming up. It may be the season where we'll see the real Wayne Rooney. All his hardwork and commitments have been over shawdowed by the heriocs of Ronaldo, but it was Rooney who was the heart of United's attack last season. He sacrificed his playing position for the benefit of the team. He was forced to play on the wings to accomodate Ronaldo, which back fired during the Champions League final. United have managed to strengthen their team, by signing LUis Antonio Valencia and a certain Michael Owen, who before joined the Red Devils was nothing but a laughing stock because of the infamous footballing brouchure he sent to various clubs. Most of the managers weren't ready to take a risk in signing him. But then, out of nowhere came in an offer from Sir Alex which Owen took up without much thought. This by-far was the most shocking and controversial transfer to date, Owen being a Kop lengend. Although he has spent more time on the treatment table than the football pitch and is often criticized for being injury-prone, Owen is a proven goal-scorer, one of the best finishers in English football. He was even handed the famous number seven left vacant by Ronaldo. Many are writing off United already, but the Red Devils have proved earlier than they aren't a one-man army.

Another major-event that took place during the summer was the splash of cash by City. Under the Arab owners, Manchester City wanted to sign ever other player in this world. The newspapers were filled with City's transfer targets. They were linked with a new player nearly ever hour. They eventually managed to sign Gareth Barry, Roque Santacruz, Carlos Tevez, Kolo Toure, Adebayor and the spending may not yet over. They tried to emulate Real Madrid's transfer spending and even after spending over 100m pounds, they still found themseleves half-way short. The pursuit of John Terry was some kind of drama, with City being ready to pay more than 40m pounds for him. But then, that din't happen which proved that money can't buy you everything afterall. Only time will tell, whether their investment was a smart one or a complete business failure.

For Liverpool and Arsenal, the summer was nothing special. Both the clubs lost a main player without any good replacement. Arsenal had to part ways with Toure and Adebayor, both moving to City. Although it is believed that fans are more than happy to see the latter go but the former will certainly leave a hole in the defence. They did sign Thomas Vermaelen. The young squad is still capable of beating anyone on their day with their beautiful game, but can they maintain that the whole season is yet to be seen. Many believe that this may be the year when the Gunners may drop out of the Top-4; A notion which may prove costly for other teams. Rosicky and Nasri have been ruled out for the start of the season, with the former yet to start in a competitve game for more than a year. Liverpool, on the other hand, had to see their anchor man Xabi Alonso leave to Madrid to join the Neo-Galactico era under Perez. This, too was a never ending transfer saga, which thankfully ended this season itself. They have signed a replacement in Alberto Aquilani, who like Owen is said to be injury-prone and not surprisingly will not feature for atleast a month or two as he is still revocovering from his ankle surgery. A lot will depend on the fitness of Gerrard and Torres. These two players are the heart and soul of Liverpool. When on song, these two players can wreck any defence in the world.

Other clubs like Tottenham, Villa and Everton still look strong to break into the top-4, but its a up-hill task. Villa came close in toppling Arsenal but then ran out of gas during the end. All the three teams have decnt quality in them to surprise a few. As for the new boys, Wolves, Birmingham City and Burnley, it'll be a tough task as usual to stay in the top-flight, but last season saw two out of three new teams stay back in the EPL. Of the three new ones, Birmingham look more likely to stay.

There have been plenty of player movements this summer and has undoubtedly been one of the most exciting, shocking, controversial and irritating (to some) transfer seasons ever. For once, there are no clear favorites to win the League this year. Such is the nature that some are even tipping City to win the league. This could be the most exciting, comeptetitve, nerve-racking, toughest and ugliest season of all. We're in for a feast. Sit back and enjoy the thriller ride.!

vidic is a very solid defender whoes style is perfect for the premier league, where a lot of the attacks are aerial balls and crosses.

but i think when the ball is played on the ground, he is not the most agile and flexible man marker, and he gets turned a bit too easily. you look at the big games he played well in, the one that i remember best is the CL final in 2008 when he completely neutralised drogba. but you look at that game and you realise that was a very "english" encounter where chelsea's main attacks were fairly route one(no disrespect) and in those games vidic usually shine.

but games where the opposition are of high technical ability and like to play the ball on the ground, take the european cup game this year when etoo shimmied past vidic, he s never been comfortable in those situation, that s the problem with big meaty defenders. and im not freely criticising, chiellini is the same, tough tackling defender with good reading of the game, but look clumsy against the fast agile attackers

when united played barca in 2008 semi final, it s worth noting that it was wes brown who started both games in place of the injuried vidic. brown has less presence and has nowhere near vidic's aerial command and solidarity. but in those games when most of barca's attack came on the ground, brown was better suited, simply because he is a faster and more agile.

all in all, i think vidic is one of the best defenders in the premier league and probably the most effective in this particular league, but he wont be nowhere near as effective or useful if he was playing in more technical leagues. i think having rio ferdinand(who is probably the best centre back by right on the planet) next to him, vastly improves him.

Guest United

I hate my dad... :mad:

& Thanks craig, provided me with alot of streams that are great, gonna give you some love. :o

Hopefully Nani will step up this season, he should have alot more confidence knolwing he hasn't got Ronaldo to compete with for 1st spot. :)