Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Thought you'd be interested to know that Butter lost the ball to an opponent on his first touch 7 times against Wigan; more than any other player in a PL game this season. Against a better side he'd have been in some real trouble and considering your main gripe about Evra was his defensive fallacies' date=' you certainly need to see Buttner's performances against far better opposition.[/quote']

But it didn't cost us, so considering it was his first 7 touches in the Premier League, I think I'll let him off...

But you're right we do need to see him against better opposition...:)

Thought you'd be interested to know that Butter lost the ball to an opponent on his first touch 7 times against Wigan; more than any other player in a PL game this season. Against a better side he'd have been in some real trouble and considering your main gripe about Evra was his defensive fallacies' date=' you certainly need to see Buttner's performances against far better opposition.[/quote']

Agree completely.

However it is not going to be hard for a new full back to make an impression for us currently, seeing as all our full backs since Irwin have had defensive frailties, whilst being good going forward.

Obscurity? Healy? The man is the record holder for number of goals in a single WC qualifying campaign with 13 I believe' date=' definitely not obscure :D:rolleyes:;)[/quote']

Bashar Abdullah has 75 international goals

Kiatisuk Senamuang has 71

Majed Abdullah has 68

Healy is probably about as well known to the rest of the world as those three players are to us :)

Saying that though - I remember being extremely excited about 6-7 years ago* when it was rumoured City were on the verge of signing him. How the world has changed :)

*Might even have been around 2002 when him and Macken were banging them in for PNE

Bashar Abdullah has 75 international goals

Kiatisuk Senamuang has 71

Majed Abdullah has 68

Healy is probably about as well known to the rest of the world as those three players are to us :)

Saying that though - I remember being extremely excited about 6-7 years ago* when it was rumoured City were on the verge of signing him. How the world has changed :)

*Might even have been around 2002 when him and Macken were banging them in for PNE

^^ This.

As I have stated on numerous occasions, scoring a bundle of Intl goals is nowhere near the equivalent of scoring regularly in the 'top' leagues of the CL.

Buttner isn't actually a defender. He was a forward promise just a few years ago, never made it up to the hype and moved to LB. But he doesn't play actual LB, he plays as high as anybody. He is like an extra winger, a bit like Marcelo, just not nearly as good of course. And that kind of explains why he isn't that top defence wise. He most certainly does not have the level to be a starting LB in EPL. Not for a team pretending to fight for a top four or even top six spot, at least. Against Wigan, he played 5th highest, almost as high as Giggs and Nani, higher than both Scholes and Carrick. He made only tackle but committed 5 fouls(!) and 7 turnovers (as you mentioned), while missing all his 7 crosses. Really, a guy who has his moments, of course, but not a player to fix ManU's leaking defence.

Ferguson said the chant was made after the Suarez affair' date=' told you Synyster:D.[/quote']

Leeds and United fans have sung very similar words for many years - the exact chant at the weekend MAY have started part of the whole Suarez affair, but if it is SOLELY to do with Suarez WHY was it being sung at the weekend when neither Evra or Suarez OR Liverpool were involved in the match.

The ONLY possible conclusion is that it was in relation to the release of the files exonerating the Liverpool fans of direct blame in 1989.

That said, the VAST MAJORITY of United fans are unhappy with the chant and it's use at the weekend....sadly the one on Radio 5 Live yesterday was one of the minority

Rooney reported to be a shock contender to 'start' tonight:eek::)

Also SAF has now confirmed that he is unsure who is his number 1 gk and the position is entirely up for grabs.

Just the vote of confidence our 21 year old £18m goalkeeper needs to hear:rolleyes:

They should send De Gea out on loan OR give him the number 7 shirt :)

Oh gawd...now this thread has turned into the "let's worship players who left us for a bigger club, even though we are the biggest club so he can't go to a bigger club but he did go to a bigger club so we will cheer them against City instead"

But great for Lindegaard who is the better keeper at the moment anyway.

Might give De Gea a kick up the arse. Typical Ferguson mind games with his own players.

Fair comments. Could well be the case.

They should send De Gea out on loan OR give him the number 7 shirt :)

Oh gawd...now this thread has turned into the "let's worship players who left us for a bigger club' date=' even though we are the biggest club so he can't go to a bigger club but he did go to a bigger club so we will cheer them against City instead"[/quote']

You need to learn what 'worship' means;)

Sound's like it's going to kick off in Manchester' date=' let's pray Ian isn't in the crossfire on his way back from the Blaize.[/quote']

I have actually been in the area when it's gone off big time - Roma, C**tic, City, Leeds, Chelsea. Roma was the worst I have seen - the streets were teaming with people attacking innocent people.

It isn't a nice place to be - particularly for kids and women who really wouldn't be expecting that sort of thing in this day and age.

No Blaize for me tonight though - you need a ticket to just get through the doors, although I am sure they would let me in if I asked.

You going tonight Ryan?