Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Vidic was immense. Without him we would have 'comfortably' lost that match.

Evra cannot defend for his life anymore' date=' and at this rate we will only get around 7 grand for Nani if we flog him in january.

Really glad Fletcher is back also, and hope Powell is given a few more chances.[/quote']

Exactly, Buttner is a worth a shout anymore. Powell deserves a bit of game time alright. Already proved he can score from 25 yards :P

Had to watch the United game as I didn't renew Sky and my laptop has ****** one time too many.

In my ever so humble opinon..

Vidic was magnificent for United. It's great to see him back. I thought he would struggle for a few games when he returned, but he's been extremely solid. he was a rock for youse tonight. Led by example.

Evra just looks out of it. His defending, his passing, his runs, his vision are all non existent. Thought Buttner's decent performance thee last day would give him a kick up the backside, but nah.

Nani was as poor as ever. He doesn't seem to care yet he has this ridiculous ego that he's yet to fully earn. Valencia had one of his lesser performances, but his work rate was still top class and he did okay-ish.

RvP and Kagawa look really comfortable together, would swear they'd been together for years.

Was great to see Fletcher return for ye, he's a really honest player who I rate a hell of a lot.

My dad's mate rang him to give his experience from the top of the SAF stand tonight.

Guy next to him was from Jeruselum and was on holiday or something in Manchester' date=' was asking his friend how long the interval was and thought the halves were 30 minutes long.[/quote']

Should I reply?

The difference between tonight's performance and last season's is Nemanja. We were shocking' date=' and how anyone honestly still thinks Nani is better than Valencia is beyond me? He has 1 good game in about 10.[/quote']
Evra cannot defend for his life anymore' date=' and at this rate we will only get around 7 grand for Nani if we flog him in january. [/quote']
Nani was as poor as ever. He doesn't seem to care yet he has this ridiculous ego that he's yet to fully earn. Valencia had one of his lesser performances' date=' but his work rate was still top class and he did okay-ish.[/quote']

Really do not understand all this Nani 'hate'. Sure hes had a pretty poor start to the season but am I the only one who noticed he had a fairly decent game last night? Sure he missed the penalty, but going forward he looked like our main threat tbh. :confused: I think its quite clear his favourite and best position is the right wing, but since he is a more 'complete' player going forward than Valencia he is put on the left.

Really do not understand all this Nani 'hate'. Sure hes had a pretty poor start to the season but am I the only one who noticed he had a fairly decent game last night? Sure he missed the penalty' date=' but going forward he looked like our main threat tbh. :confused: I think its quite clear his favourite and best position is the right wing, but since he is a more 'complete' player going forward than Valencia he is put on the left.[/quote']

Yes he had some positive moments but there were also many negative moments.

If he could replicate his positive moments for the majority of the match, and also for the majority of games he plays then there would be no issue.

Unfortunately there are many examples of him: choosing the wrong pass, giving the ball away, poor crossing, poor decision making which were also apparent last night.

And the final gripe I have with him is it seems as he plays for himself and not the team.

Yes he had some positive moments but there were also many negative moments.

If he could replicate his positive moments for the majority of the match' date=' and also for the majority of games he plays then there would be no issue.

Unfortunately there are many examples of him: choosing the wrong pass, giving the ball away, poor crossing, poor decision making which were also apparent last night.

And the final gripe I have with him is it seems as he plays for himself and not the team.[/quote']

At least he had some moments, unlike RVP. ;)

Sure hes had a dreadful start to the season, no question about that, but with all the speculation in the transfer window and particularly the interest of Zenit its no wonder. But he looks like he may be coming back into form after last nights performance, its just a shame he missed the penalty.

I remember a certain Ronaldo also having the same criticism of playing for himself, I assume you had this gripe with him too? :P;)

At least he had some moments' date=' unlike RVP. ;)

[b']RVP has had 5 games - Nani has had 6 years:p[/b]

Sure hes had a dreadful start to the season, no question about that, but with all the speculation in the transfer window and particularly the interest of Zenit its no wonder. But he looks like he may be coming back into form after last nights performance, its just a shame he missed the penalty.

I remember a certain Ronaldo also having the same criticism of playing for himself, I assume you had this gripe with him too? :P;)

Ronaldo had similar issues, but had plenty more talent. The difference being Ronaldo realised how he could be more beneficial for the team and stopped playing for himself, and grew into that role.

I have been patient with Nani for the majority of his time here, even believing that with Ronnie gone he could finally come into his own.

However it seems as if he has reached his 'peak' with us now and I cannot see him changing for the better in the future.

Would much rather purchase a winger with good decision making and excellent consistent crossing ability, and have Nani and Young on the bench tbh:o

We have missed our last 6 pens:

Nani miss against Galatasary

Hernandez miss against Wigan

Van Persie miss against Southampton

Rooney missed against Barca in pre season friendly. Nani and Young miss in the penalty shoot out in the same game.

Surely Shinji time:cool:

Nope... Van Persie time regardless of the unfortunate 'error' should we call it.

9/10 will go in from him. That game he got that 1 that didn't go in :P

'Galatasaray played as expected' date=' they are are very good team' - [/b']

So we expected them to play us off the park at OT did we?

Haha! Good one! :D Would have repped but I have to spread first and by the time I've given enough rep I have forgotten about this. But take this as a 'moral point'.

Nope... Van Persie time regardless of the unfortunate 'error' should we call it.

9/10 will go in from him. That game he got that 1 that didn't go in :P

Shouldn't be too hard for United to get him those other 9 penalties - just play Young, Nani and Welbeck and you will get 2-3 per match :)

I cant stand Nani he is awful and last night he was **** again' date=' everyone sat around me in stretford end last night said the same as well, has maybe 5 good games a season cant stand the guy[/quote']

thats a bit over the top. he's inconsistent but he clearly isnt awful

I cant stand Nani he is awful and last night he was **** again' date=' everyone sat around me in stretford end last night said the same as well, has maybe 5 good games a season cant stand the guy[/quote']

People said this about Giggs from approx 2001-2003 - yet that's all been forgotten and he's a United legend now, even after his family destroying antics!

A world first....

Man on mars? Don't be silly!

Woman runs 100m in under 10s? Not yet it's not!

Nope - it's ever more extreme!

I am about to praise Manchester United!

Well done to the club for releasing a letter to all fans, attending Anfield, asking them to join together with the club to respect the fans who died at Hillsborough and their families.

Let's hope the 'MiBs' can respect the request from the club they claim to love and don't simply become an embarrassment in front of all football.

A world first....

Man on mars? Don't be silly!

Woman runs 100m in under 10s? Not yet it's not!

Nope - it's ever more extreme!

I am about to praise Manchester United!

Well done to the club for releasing a letter to all fans' date=' attending Anfield, asking them to join together with the club to respect the fans who died at Hillsborough and their families.

Let's hope the 'MiBs' can respect the request from the club they claim to love and don't simply become an embarrassment in front of all football.[/quote']

There really is no need for the praise, this should have been dealt with years ago.