Sign in to follow this  
Hyina

The Squad Advice Thread

Re: The Squad Advice Thread

Also' date=' I'd love some input on the moves I've already made in my first few weeks, any obvious moves I should make either getting rid of players on my current team (I'm planning on offloading Abidal as soon as I get enough $ to send him out and get a good young CB in return, any ideas who that should be? I was thinking Dede, Papadopolous, or Hummels) or players I should be going after. Thanks in advance for all your help, this is quite the daunting game to try and get into, but I'm loving it so far![/quote']

The only obvious you should sell is Abidal, and if you have the chance to exchange him for Hummels that would be a fantastic deal for you! :D

Out of your youth, IMO you could get rid of Espinosa, Femenia Kiko and Westwood (after he rises).

The only obvious you should sell is Abidal' date=' and if you have the chance to exchange him for Hummels that would be a fantastic deal for you! :D

Out of your youth, IMO you could get rid of Espinosa, Femenia Kiko and Westwood (after he rises).[/quote']

Thanks! I have Abidal transfer-listed, I'm hoping an offer comes in soon. If not I can do a straight swap of Abidal and around 14 million for Hummels, but if I can sell Abidal outright I can buy Hummels for 19 million, and I can probably sell Abidal for around 8-9 million, so it would save me 3-4 million if I can sell Abidal first before getting Hummels. I went ahead and recalled Espinosa and Kiko from loan, put them up for transfer. Thanks again for the advice!

After I get Hummels, who should I be targeting?

Hey guys' date=' I've got a Barcelona squad in a league that just started up (only 7 turns in) and this is my first experience with Soccer Manager. I was hoping for a little guidance/help on where to go from here and what I should be looking at long-term, as I'm just flying by the seat of my pants here. It's a little overwhelming. I've made some moves already, here's my team:

[u']Keepers[/u]

93 Neuer

87 ter Stegen

Defenders

96 Puyol -> 94/5

96 Vidic -> 94/5

95 Pique

95 Alves

94 Busquets

93 Mascherano

92 Abidal -> 90

90 Alba

86 Montoya

Midfielders

97 Iniesta

97 Xavi

95 Fabregas

93 Pedro

92 Alexis Sanchez

90 Afellay (on loan, started that way, won't allow me to bring him back :mad:)

89 Thiago

86 Cuenca

86 Oxlade-Chamberlain

Forwards

99 Messi

96 Ibra ->95

95 Villa ->94

PE off the bolded ones who will most likely drop

Here's my youth team, all loaned out:

Keepers

None... :(that's okay mate :)

Defenders

86 Jesus Juan

86 Andreu Fontas

85 Marc Bartra

84 Matija Nastasic

84 Carles Planas

84 Marc Muniesa

82 Sergi Gomez

77 Karim Rekik

75 Luke Shaw

75 Alejandro Grimaldo

75 Ibrahima Mbaye

75 Koray Gunter

75 Frank Bagnack

75 Gabarron Patric

72 Ashley Westwood

Defensive Midfielders

85 Paul Pogba

75 Agostinho Ca

75 Luis Gustavo

Midfielders

85 Sergi Roberto

85 Femenia Kiko

83 Rafinha Alcantara

80 Ross Barkley

78 Javi Espinosa

75 James Ward-Prowse

Attacking Midfielders

85 Cristian Tello

83 Gerard Deulofeu

78 Jody Lukoki

77 Baptistao Leo

75 Raheem Sterling

75 Miguel Angel

75 Serge Gnabry

75 Lucas Paizon

75 Jordan Ibe

75 Alen Halilovic

60 Jeroen Lumu

Forwards

83 Lozano Rodri

75 Jean Marie Dongou

75 Hervin Ongenda

75 Souleymane Coulibaly

I'd keep the ones underlined, sell any of the rest if you want

Also, I'd love some input on the moves I've already made in my first few weeks, any obvious moves I should make either getting rid of players on my current team (I'm planning on offloading Abidal as soon as I get enough $ to send him out and get a good young CB in return, any ideas who that should be? I was thinking Dede, Papadopolous, or Hummels) or players I should be going after. Thanks in advance for all your help, this is quite the daunting game to try and get into, but I'm loving it so far!

Abidal for any of those would be great, especially Hummels! Do it quick as Barce will be reviewed soon

You're welcome

Thanks! I have Abidal transfer-listed' date=' I'm hoping an offer comes in soon. If not I can do a straight swap of Abidal and around 14 million for Hummels, but if I can sell Abidal outright I can buy Hummels for 19 million, and I can probably sell Abidal for around 8-9 million, so it would save me 3-4 million if I can sell Abidal first before getting Hummels. I went ahead and recalled Espinosa and Kiko from loan, put them up for transfer. Thanks again for the advice!

After I get Hummels, who should I be targeting?[/quote']

Well who is available? Anything worth mentioning and we'll help you decide who to buy

Well who is available? Anything worth mentioning and we'll help you decide who to buy

Everyone is available, the world was just created. Only a few teams in La Liga are owned, so it's pretty much wide open. That makes it even more daunting for me, because there are so many options out there. Are there some obvious must-haves that I could save up for so that I don't make any stupid mistakes?

Also, I'm assuming PE means player exchange? And if so, I'm going to need replacements in my starting lineup for Puyol, Vidic, and Ibra... and Villa rotates in as well. That's four players I would need to replace who are are the very best at their positions. I know I'm new, which is probably why I'm confused, but could you maybe explain in a little detail why it would be good to get rid of them, especially when even if they drop a bit they're still either the best or among the best at their position?

EDIT: I've been running my team under the assumption that I'm just going to try and make sure to have the very best at every spot at all times in the starting lineup, while buying young risers and stars to fill in as backups and loaned out youths. Am I going about this with the wrong mindset?

Everyone is available' date=' the world was just created. Only a few teams in La Liga are owned, so it's pretty much wide open. That makes it even more daunting for me, because there are so many options out there. Are there some obvious must-haves that I could save up for so that I don't make any stupid mistakes?

Also, I'm assuming PE means player exchange? And if so, I'm going to need replacements in my starting lineup for Puyol, Vidic, and Ibra... and Villa rotates in as well. That's four players I would need to replace who are are the very best at their positions. I know I'm new, which is probably why I'm confused, but could you maybe explain in a little detail why it would be good to get rid of them, especially when even if they drop a bit they're still either the best or among the best at their position?[/quote']

If they drop, their values will decrease dramatically as they are quite old, from ~30mill now to maybe as little as 14-17mill if they drop to 94. Thus their re-sale value will plummet and you won't be able to get as much out of them then.

Well just from one of my teams:

GK: Courtois, Unnerstall, Butland

LBs: Marcelo, Alba, Alaba, Bertrand

RBs: Ivanovic, Raphael, Walker, Piszczek, Jenkinson, De Sciglio

CBs: Hummels, Ramos, Subotic, Kompany, Martinez, Vidal, Zouma,

CMs: Gundogen, Verratti, Koke, Marchisio, Fabregas,

AMs: Gotze, Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Lucas Moura, David Silva, Neymar, Reus, Ozil, Bernard, El Shaarawy, Draxler, Kovacic, Insigne, Powell,

Fwds: Falcao, RVP, Rooney, Aguero, Cavani, Destro

Hummels

Any of those, probably missed a dozen great names but did this in a rush, also might have listed a few players you already have, bad memory :P

If they drop' date=' their values will decrease dramatically as they are quite old, from ~30mill now to maybe as little as 14-17mill if they drop to 94. Thus their re-sale value will plummet and you won't be able to get as much out of them then.

Well just from one of my teams:

GK: Courtois, Unnerstall, Butland

LBs: Marcelo, Alba, Alaba, Bertrand

RBs: Ivanovic, Raphael, Walker, Piszczek, Jenkinson, De Sciglio

CBs: Hummels, Ramos, Subotic, Kompany, Martinez, Vidal, Zouma,

CMs: Gundogen, Verratti, Koke, Marchisio, Fabregas,

AMs: Gotze, Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Lucas Moura, David Silva, Neymar, Reus, Ozil, Bernard, El Shaarawy, Draxler, Kovacic, Insigne, Powell,

Fwds: Falcao, RVP, Rooney, Aguero, Cavani, Destro

Hummels

Any of those, probably missed a dozen great names but did this in a rush, also might have listed a few players you already have, bad memory :P[/quote']

Fair enough, I didn't realize their values would drop so drastically so quickly. Since right now I have the only four defenders rated 95 or 96 (Vidic, Puyol, Pique, Alves) and I need to get rid of Vidic and Puyol, who should my two replacements be since I still need extremely good, high-rated players in my starting lineup to compete? Logic would tell me Kompany and Hummels... would those be your first two choices as well? I can be fine with my back three being Pique, Kompany, and Hummels with backups of Masch, Alba, and Montoya. Or maybe get someone else to play over Montoya until he rises. Disclaimer: I'm OCD, so unfortunately I do have an obsession with having the best. It's my undoing.

Please guys can you tell me which of my youngsters will rise and by how much?

BUTLAND, Jack

-

KELLY, Martin

-

WILLEMS, Jetro

WILSON, Danny

-

ROBINSON, Jack

-

WANYAMA, Victor D,DM©

-

COATES, Sebastián

-

ZOUMA, Kurt

-

WISDOM, Andre

-

COADY, Conor

-

FLANAGAN, John

-

ALLEN, Joe DM,M©

CLASIE, Jordy

-

MAHER, Adam

XHAKA, Granit

-

SHELVEY, Jonjo

-

MERKEL, Alexander

-

VILHENA, Tonny

-

ISCO, Alarcón

-

LABYAD, Zakaria

-

MUSA, Ahmed

-

KOVAČIĆ, Mateo

-

USAMI, Takashi

-

ITURBE, Juan

-

FREI, Kerim

PACHECO, Dani

-

ADRYAN, Tavares

-

IBE, Jordon

-

STERLING, Raheem

-

SUSO, Fernández

-

TANNANE, Oussama

BORINI, Fabio F(RLC)

-

MUKENDI, Henoc F(RLC)

-

SINCLAIR, Jerome

-

MURIEL, Luis

-

BENTEKE, Christian

-

BIJEV, Villyan

-

YEŞIL, Samed

-

MORGAN, Adam

Please guys can you tell me which of my youngsters will rise and by how much?

BUTLAND' date=' Jack Rise +2 but isnt that good

-

KELLY, Martin +1

-

WILLEMS, Jetro +3

WILSON, Danny stay

-

ROBINSON, Jack stay

-

WANYAMA, Victor D,DM©

-

COATES, Sebastián +1

-

ZOUMA, Kurt +2 already been reviewed

-

WISDOM, Andre +8

-

COADY, Conor +2

-

FLANAGAN, John stay

-

ALLEN, Joe DM,M© +1/2

CLASIE, Jordy +1/2

-

MAHER, Adam +1/2

XHAKA, Granit +1

-

SHELVEY, Jonjo +3

-

MERKEL, Alexander +2 already been reviewed

-

VILHENA, Tonny +6ish

-

ISCO, Alarcón +2

-

LABYAD, Zakaria stay

-

MUSA, Ahmed +2/3

-

KOVAČIĆ, Mateo +1 already been reviewed

-

USAMI, Takashi

-

ITURBE, Juan +2 ish

-

FREI, Kerim +2/3

PACHECO, Dani stay

-

ADRYAN, Tavares +4/5 already been reviewed

-

IBE, Jordon +4

-

STERLING, Raheem +8

-

SUSO, Fernández +5

-

TANNANE, Oussama +7

BORINI, Fabio F(RLC) +1

-

MUKENDI, Henoc F(RLC) +3/4

-

SINCLAIR, Jerome stay

-

MURIEL, Luis stay already been reviewed

-

BENTEKE, Christian +2

-

BIJEV, Villyan +4/5

-

YEŞIL, Samed +3/4

-

MORGAN, Adam +1/2[/quote']

These are very rough estimates, may differ by 1 rating or so

What would you do with a new bayern?

Sell Tymoschuk' date=' Starke, Van Buyten, Rafinha, Pizarro.

Swap Robben and Ribery.

Buy some good youn players and one or two 90+ players :) [/color']

I'd do what he said but keep Ribery...

Are you in a German Championship or World Championship? If German then I'd pe off lots more players as you can get better from externals

Keepers

Neuer , Tom Stark , Riedmuller .

Defenders

Lahm , Badstuber , Alaba , Ivanovic , Javi Martinez , Van Buyten , Dante , Rafinha .

Midfielders

Schweinsteiger , Modric , Kroos , Ribery , Robben , Shaqiri , Tymoschuk .

Forwards

Mandzukic , Mario Gomez , Fernando Torres , Pizzaro.

What sector I should improve ?

What tactics I should use ?

Do you recommend me any player ?

Neuer ' date=' Tom Stark , Riedmuller .

Lahm , Badstuber , Alaba , Ivanovic , Javi Martinez , Van Buyten , Dante , Rafinha .

Schweinsteiger , Modric , Kroos , Ribery , Robben , Shaqiri , Tymoschuk .

Forwards

Mandzukic , Mario Gomez , Fernando Torres , Pizzaro.

What sector I should improve ?

What tactics I should use ?

Do you recommend me any player ?[/quote']

Improve: 4th-string striker, acquire more DMs, 2nd-string DM, overall squad age, and get that dink Modric out of there (for a DM/CB).

Players: Hummels in for Modric + Tymoschuk/Pizzaro, bring in someone like Michu, Zaha, Van Wolfswinkel, Lukaku, Bendtner, Gameiro, anyone who won't mind too much, getting 5 - 15 starts per season, has room to improve, kicks at least some artse already.

DMs? Know any good DMs? Of course you do. Get them. Make one of them Mats Hummels.

Yoots? Know any good yoots? Bring your top 5 of them in. Maybe try for Varane, Veratti, Suso, De Rhin, Okore, Umtiti, Chiriches, Digne... just look at my signature. All those are very smart ideas.

XI's Age? Robben might be worth something like Oscar (fingers crossed) and Luiz (fair deal), but he could also go for someone like Pedro (good idea) if you up the price.

Ribery? Keep him until he retires.

Neuer? Same.

Where's Boateng? Can you get him back?

Tactics: 4-2-3-1

Very defensive. Slow tempo. Men behind ball. Work the rest around your opponent.

Thiago silva for mario gomez and badstuber .. do I acept that The Good Dr. Shame ?

I don't think thats a good deal. Gomez is back from injury now and argubly deserved a 94 rating. Badstuber is injured but first choice for club and country, in a team like bayern their peak rating is high.

Thiago will stay at 94 even if PSG achieve something.

Sell Tymoschuk' date=' Starke, Van Buyten, Rafinha, Pizarro.

Swap Robben and Ribery.

Buy some good youn players and one or two 90+ players :) [/color']

We had similar thoughts, but I wanted a second opinion.

so far

IN: M'vila, Damiao, Falcao, Cavani, Isco, Dede, Bernard + risers.

OUT: Gomez, Contento, Starke, Rafinha, Dante, Robben, Gustavo, Van buyten, Pizarro, tymoschuk.

I could still trade out Lahm, Ribery, Schweinstiger. Though alot of managers are not playing ball for two for one trades.

Squad

Neuer 93

Lahm 94, Badstuber 91, Boateng 90, Dede 90

Ribery 95, Schweinstiger 94, Muller 93, J.Martinez 91, M'vila 91, Kroos 90, Shaqiri 89, Alaba 88, Isco 87, Bernard 87

Cavani 93, Falcao 92, Damiao 90, Mandzukic 89

We had similar thoughts' date=' but I wanted a second opinion.

so far

IN: M'vila, Damiao, Falcao, Cavani, Isco, Dede, Bernard + risers.

OUT: Gomez, Contento, Starke, Rafinha, Dante, Robben, Gustavo, Van buyten, Pizarro, tymoschuk.

I could still trade out Lahm, Ribery, Schweinstiger. Though alot of managers are not playing ball for two for one trades.

[b']Squad[/b]

Neuer 93

Lahm 94, Badstuber 91, Boateng 90, Dede 90

Ribery 95, Schweinstiger 94, Muller 93, J.Martinez 91, M'vila 91, Kroos 90, Shaqiri 89, Alaba 88, Isco 87, Bernard 87

Cavani 93, Falcao 92, Damiao 90, Mandzukic 89

Not bad, I would trade Ribery for a few good defenders, maybe Kompany of Hummels and someone else

:)