So many better than Neymar

binstead89

This Neymar hype is ridiculous. he isn't even that great and is actually becoming a forum joke and getting very boring.

i'd rather have players like Reus, Gotze and even Isco in my team. Wait until he joins a team outside of Brazil and see where his "BIG" career goes. Even Pele said he wouldn't hack it in the EPL and warned teams not to sign him.

even still there are far better players than him in Brazil one being Damiao who is a more complete player than the dancing Neymar. yes he is good but seriously he isn't great like people make out.

Sm will continue to rise him but just a future warning that the probability he will gradually drop when he is out of Brazil.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: So many better than Neymar

This Neymar hype is ridiculous. he isn't even that great and is actually becoming a forum joke and getting very boring.

i'd rather have players like Reus' date=' Gotze and even Isco in my team. Wait until he joins a team outside of Brazil and see where his "BIG" career goes. [b']Even Pele[/b] said he wouldn't hack it in the EPL and warned teams not to sign him.

even still there are far better players than him in Brazil one being Damiao who is a more complete player than the dancing Neymar. yes he is good but seriously he isn't great like people make out.

Sm will continue to rise him but just a future warning that the probability he will gradually drop when he is out of Brazil.

That's strange, because Pele finally became the best player to embrace the game, despite not setting foot in Europe.

The European leagues are seriously overhyped. With modern day European giants having more foreign players than own country players, it's all become a matter of 'who's got the most money'.

In that sence, and possibly every other sence, the Brazilian league is the purest and best footballing league in the world. And if Neymar is playing excellent there, that makes him a great player.

That's strange' date=' because Pele finally became the best player to embrace the game, despite not setting foot in Europe.

The European leagues are seriously overhyped. With modern day European giants having more foreign players than own country players, it's all become a matter of 'who's got the most money'.

[b']

In that sence, and possibly every other sence, the Brazilian league is the purest and best footballing league in the world. And if Neymar is playing excellent there, that makes him a great player[/b].

NOT-SURE-IF-TROLL-OR-JUST-STUPID.jpg

No offence but that is insane.

How can you say others are better than Neymar when they've never competed against each other? :)

He's not ideal for English football as defenders will kick him to pieces and get away with it but he'll suit Spain down to the ground.

Ultimately, until he makes his move (or the Brazilian league continues to improve and hang onto its best players), nobody knows how good he'll be. His performances for Brazil indicate that he's very very good though.

NOT-SURE-IF-TROLL-OR-JUST-STUPID.jpg

No offence but that is insane.

I'm not stupid in any way. I'm just saying that the Brazilian league offers much more than all the other leagues in the world.

For example, in La Liga, it's always Barça or Real, no one else. In Brazil, every match can be won by every team, it's never decided until it's over.

Secondly, almost all players playing in the Brazilian leagues are Brazilian and from their own youth system, allowing equal comparisons between players and teams.

Finally, the football played in Brazilian leagues is so good. Remember the Chelsea - Barça fixture of last year? Pretty boring if you ask me. A league embraced by positive and enjoyable football is always better for the spectator.

That's strange' date=' because Pele finally became the best player to embrace the game, despite not setting foot in Europe.

In that sence, and possibly every other sence, the Brazilian league is the purest and best footballing league in the world. And if Neymar is playing excellent there, that makes him a great player.[/quote']

there is no doubt neymar is a great player, but IMO he willl never leave his homeland, or if he does he will be like robinho never able to settle. He will never be the best like Pele or messi etc. i rate he will turn out like Robinho or Nani that type of player

I'm not stupid in any way. I'm just saying that the Brazilian league offers much more than all the other leagues in the world.

For example' date=' in La Liga, it's always Barça or Real, no one else. In Brazil, every match can be won by every team, it's never decided until it's over.

Secondly, almost all players playing in the Brazilian leagues are Brazilian and from their own youth system, allowing equal comparisons between players and teams.

Finally, the football played in Brazilian leagues is so good. Remember the Chelsea - Barça fixture of last year? Pretty boring if you ask me. A league embraced by positive and enjoyable football is always better for the spectator.[/quote']

ye the brazilian league is good in some aspects, but in the core aspects its no competion to premier or la liga etc.

there is no doubt neymar is a great player' date=' but IMO he willl never leave his homeland, or if he does he will be like robinho never able to settle. [b']He will never be the best like Pele or messi etc. i rate he will turn out like Robinho or Nani that type of player[/b]

Only time can tell :). But I'd like to see him stay for a while in Brazil. It's where he's able to do almost anything without getting 'murdered'. The only possible place where he'd be able to settle in Europe would be Spain, with my preference going towards Madrid.

ye the brazilian league is good in some aspects' date=' but in the core aspects its no competion to premier or la liga etc.[/quote']

Comparing EPL to Brazilian Serie A? That's like comparing two different sports with eachother. :)

I remember when Santos played Barça in the 'Club World Cup Final'. Yes, Barça won 4-0, but that's only because they have all the money in the world. I'd like to see a fair comparison between a Brazilian club and a Spanish club with approximately the same wealth. Pretty sure the Brazilians would be superior.

Wouldn't be if your 'frwwwwend' reus was playing there.

the difference is Reus has actually proved to be a great player if not the best in the german league and its not an easy league to play in. neymar is good in the brazilian league but as someone else quoted he will turn out like robinho and i totally agree with that. a mediocre player whos main light shone when he played in brazil. he will never be like ronaldo or messi. ronaldo has proved he is pure quality owning every league he has played in.

Only time can tell :). But I'd like to see him stay for a while in Brazil. It's where he's able to do almost anything without getting 'murdered'. The only possible place where he'd be able to settle in Europe would be Spain' date=' with my preference going towards Madrid.[/quote']

Yep EXACTLY like robinho, and then after a few season he'll go back to Brazil on load etc. the usual story, doesnt have much of a physical presence.

Comparing EPL to Brazilian Serie A? That's like comparing two different sports with eachother. :)

I remember when Santos played Barça in the 'Club World Cup Final'. Yes' date=' Barça won 4-0, but that's only because they have all the money in the world. I'd like to see a fair comparison between a Brazilian club and a Spanish club with approximately the same wealth. Pretty sure the Brazilians would be superior.[/quote']

Santos vs Real Sociedad?? lol mate brazilian league just wont cut it no money, cnt hold onto good players, cnt get good european plyers etc. But it is the best league in South America IMO

How can you say others are better than Neymar when they've never competed against each other? :)

He's not ideal for English football as defenders will kick him to pieces and get away with it but he'll suit Spain down to the ground.

Ultimately' date=' until he makes his move (or the Brazilian league continues to improve and hang onto its best players), nobody knows how good he'll be. His performances for Brazil indicate that he's very very good though.[/quote']

if he is that good he wont get kicked and still even if he did he should get on with it like ronaldo did. still went through each EPL season smashing it. and saying he will suit spain, maybe he will maybe he wont but all i know is there just as much dirt in the spain as there is in england if not more.

the difference is Reus has actually proved to be a great player if not the best in the german league and its not an easy league to play in. neymar is good in the brazilian league but as someone else quoted he will turn out like robinho and i totally agree with that. a mediocre player whos main light shone when he played in brazil. he will never be like ronaldo or messi. ronaldo has proved he is pure quality owning every league he has played in.

ye mate Robinho way back when, i think it was 04 ish, was too the best talent in the world with all the clubs wanting him, eventually real bought him for 40m i think it was, which by todays standards is like 100m. and he never lived up to his potential, was said to be the new Pele

Says who? Until he moves then nobody can say that.

Besides, Robinho was hardly mediocre. I also think everyone is massively underrating Brazilian football. It's probably the fastest growing football economy at the moment as evidenced by several (formerly) top players moving there and some players performing in the top leagues moving to Brazil in their peak (Paulo Guerrero).

Ultimately' date=' until he makes his move (or the Brazilian league continues to improve and hang onto its best players), nobody knows how good he'll be. His performances for Brazil indicate that he's very very good though.[/quote']

Mark my words mate Neymar = Robinho. same club, same circumstances, same potential, same position, same value etc. i rate he will never live up to his potential

Says who? Until he moves then nobody can say that.

Besides' date=' Robinho was hardly mediocre. I also think everyone is massively underrating Brazilian football. It's probably the fastest growing football economy at the moment as evidenced by several (formerly) top players moving there and some players performing in the top leagues moving to Brazil [b']in their peak (Paulo Guerrero)[/b].

he was past his peak, wasnt performing for Hamburg, so he left to brazil

Mark my words mate Neymar = Robinho. same club' date=' same circumstances, same potential, same position, same value etc. i rate he will never live up to his potential[/quote']

Similar things were said about Nani and Ronaldo. Both at Sporting. Both moved to United for large amounts considering their ages at the time. Both flattered to deceive in their early time at OT. Ronaldo pushed on and became phenomenal whereas Nani's fallen out of favour.

Of course, it may well happen that Neymar's best as a big fish in a small pond but you can't say that for certain. He's performed well for Brazil alongside similarly gifted players so I see no reason why he can't perform in Europe.

and yes we wont know until it happens but until it does i just dont understand how everyone is rating him like he is the next messi or ronaldo. it is the main topic of this discussion. you cant over hype someone who is just good in the brazilian league. ive seen alot better in the brazilian league over the years and then flop when hitting the big time. its just a joke.

Similar things were said about Nani and Ronaldo. Both at Sporting. Both moved to United for large amounts considering their ages at the time. Both flattered to deceive in their early time at OT. Ronaldo pushed on and became phenomenal whereas Nani's fallen out of favour.

Of course' date=' it may well happen that Neymar's best as a big fish in a small pond but you can't say that for certain. He's performed well for Brazil alongside similarly gifted players so I see no reason why he can't perform in Europe.[/quote']

ye i see your point, and its valid, but IMO the difference is with the national team Robinho always performs for Brazil but not for club, i see this happening to Neymar aswell he wont be able to settle in Europe like Robinho hasnt

Of course' date=' it may well happen that Neymar's best as a big fish in a small pond but you can't say that for certain. He's performed well for Brazil alongside similarly gifted players so I see no reason why he can't perform in Europe.[/quote']

how long was both nani and ronaldo even playing 1st team football in portugal? not greatly long and they both learnt their trates in england so you can use that as an example.

and yes we wont know until it happens but until it does i just dont understand how everyone is rating him like he is the next messi or ronaldo. it is the main topic of this discussion. you cant over hype someone who is just good in the brazilian league. ive seen alot better in the brazilian league over the years and then flop when hitting the big time. its just a joke.

Not 'everyone' is. Many have the same opinion as yourself. Sensible folk tend to treat him as a very talented kid who may or may not make it but has the potential to be in that very top bracket. Making a judgement now either way is stupid.

Again you underrate the Brazilian league and, ridiculously, the players that come from there. Some of the very best players of this/last generation were developed in Brazil and made it in Europe when the European leagues were stronger (in fact, the gap between the Brazilian league and the European leagues used to be far larger as Brazil had far less cash). Brazil isn't some underdeveloped third world nation; it's the 6/7th largest economy in the world (above Italy, Spain and the UK in some lists) which puts lots of money into sport such as football (its leagues and the upcoming WC) and the Olympics in 2016.

On the other hand what do you guys think about Damiao or Muniain? overhyped or good talents?

Damiao natual finisher and hes not been over hyped like neymar is and not as cockey as neymar is. maybe this guy can have a future outside of brazil. and muniain is overhyped like a boss.

Mark my words mate Neymar = Robinho. same club' date=' same circumstances, same potential, same position, same value etc. i rate he will never live up to his potential[/quote']

Thats an outrageous statement.

Oh my dayz, they are both brazilian, both played for the same club, both play in the same position they must turn out exactly the same!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Same value ?? Where did you get that from.

Archived