So many better than Neymar

binstead89

Re: So many better than Neymar

Not 'everyone' is. Many have the same opinion as yourself. Sensible folk tend to treat him as a very talented kid who may or may not make it but has the potential to be in that very top bracket. Making a judgement now either way is stupid.

Again you underrate the Brazilian league and' date=' ridiculously, the players that come from there. Some of the very best players of this/last generation were developed in Brazil and made it in Europe when the European leagues were stronger (in fact, the gap between the Brazilian league and the European leagues used to be far larger as Brazil had far less cash). Brazil isn't some underdeveloped third world nation; it's the 7th largest economy in the world (above Italy and Spain) which puts lots of money into sport such as football (its leagues and the upcoming WC) and the Olympics in 2016.[/quote']

Not once have i said anythign about the brazilian league i know its a great sport orientated country. i love watching their football and volleyball ( dont hate the volleyball) lol.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how long was both nani and ronaldo even playing 1st team football in portugal? not greatly long and they both learnt their trates in england so you can use that as an example.

You don't learn your trade by playing first team football. That's the mark of seeing if you're good enough at your trade. Ronaldo had 9 years in Portuguese academies and played at every level for Sporting. Nani had 5 years in Portuguese academies and made nearly 60 appearances for Sporting.

Robinho was more hyped than Neymar and he turned out to be a good player but not great. Some people claiming Neymar will be as good as Messi just because they have similarities need a reality check. The lad is only good at dribbling and taking advantage of his agility - even then he is behind Hazard, Robben, Messi and Iniesta at that at the moment and i dont expect him to improve.

He lacks any of the mental greatness Messi had at 20 and a half years and the fact is without the mental side of the game, Messi is just as good as Adel Taraabt. You get the idea?

After World Cup Neymar will be no more, if he hasnt already move to and failed in Europe.

Neymar = Potential to be as good as Messi/Ronaldo'Iniesta = NO

Potential to be as good as Robinho/Di-Maria/Ribery = YES

You don't learn your trade by playing first team football. That's the mark of seeing if you're good enough at your trade. Ronaldo had 9 years in Portuguese academies and played at every level for Sporting. Nani had 5 years in Portuguese academies and made nearly 60 appearances for Sporting.

yeah and just look how ronaldo was in his 1st season for untied he was poor until sir alex got into him that it was no longer portugal. yes portugal made ronaldo and he learnt alot from there but in england he learnt alot more and made him in to what he is today.

Thats an outrageous statement.

Oh my dayz' date=' they are both brazilian, both played for the same club, both play in the same position they must turn out exactly the same!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Same value ?? Where did you get that from.[/quote']

lol mate you misunderstand me, thats my prediction as to what i think neymar will become, Robinho was also in his youth rated as the next best ting, the new pele etc. all i say is to those people who think that neymar is CERTAIN to become the best, there is about a 20% of this actually happening, i think you can only see his full potential once he has played a season or two in europe

yeah and just look how ronaldo was in his 1st season for untied he was poor until sir alex got into him that it was no longer portugal. yes portugal made ronaldo and he learnt alot from there but in england he learnt alot more and made him in to what he is today.

Then why hasn't Nani made it to the same level? Both had similar potential and near identical upbringings yet one's incredible and one is in terrible form.

Whether a player makes it or not depends on the individual and maybe Robinho didn't completely live up to his potential because he was an arrogant, whiny little sod. You see some similarities in Neymar but he's also captained Santos at such a young age and has carried them to the Copa Libertadores, which is nothing to be sniffed at.

Then why hasn't Nani made it to the same level? Both had similar potential and near identical upbringings yet one's incredible and one is in terrible form.

Whether a player makes it or not depends on the individual and maybe Robinho didn't completely live up to his potential because he was an arrogant' date=' whiny little sod. You see some similarities in Neymar but he's also captained Santos at such a young age and has carried them to the Copa Libertadores, which is nothing to be sniffed at.[/quote']

ye good point, but "arrogant, whiny little sod" is just how i would describe Neymar.

Hes to tricks and flicks IMO and not enough Football genius like messi etc.

Whether a player makes it or not depends on the individual and maybe Robinho didn't completely live up to his potential because he was an arrogant' date=' whiny little sod. You see some similarities in Neymar but he's also captained Santos at such a young age and has carried them to the Copa Libertadores, which is nothing to be sniffed at.[/quote']

i think its obvious mate. ronaldo had more to give than nani did/has. even if they were compared the same doesn't make them play the same. we dont know whats in their head. maybe ronaldo wanted it more.

lol mate you misunderstand me' date=' thats my prediction as to what i think neymar will become, Robinho was also in his youth rated as the next best ting, the new pele etc. all i say is to those people who think that neymar is CERTAIN to become the best, there is about a 20% of this actually happening, i think you can only see his full potential once he has played a season or two in europe[/quote']

To confirm, I dont use the term oh my dayz :P I was taking the mick :D

No one has argued that we wont see what his full potential is until he moves to one of the larger european leagues and competes in the champions league.

Just because players share similar traits or history, at the end of the day they are two different players and it is just as inaccurate for you to compare him to Robinho and say he will flop etc as it is for people to say he is one of the worlds best players etc

ye good point' date=' but "arrogant, whiny little sod" is just how i would describe Neymar.

Hes to tricks and flicks IMO and not enough Football genius like messi etc.[/quote']

watching neymar fail with his trick are hilarious to watch. and thinking in la liga or other simular leagues no one is gunna sit and watch neymar dance over the ball. they will get their foot on that ball before he can even move a leg. neymar is nothing with out his tricks its what defines him as a so called good player.

To confirm' date=' I dont use the term oh my dayz :P I was taking the mick :D

No one has argued that we wont see what his full potential is until he moves to one of the larger european leagues and competes in the champions league.

Just because players share similar traits or history, at the end of the day they are two different players and it is just as inaccurate for you to compare him to Robinho and say he will flop etc as it is for people to say he is one of the worlds best players etc[/quote']

ye i see were your coming from, but thats why its my opinion that he will become like Robinho

I think a little tally would be the right thing.

To answer the question do you think Neymar is overhyped?

Say yes or no.

I say yes

Your asking an opinion from people on other peoples opinions.

If any poll / tally is going to be kept it needs to be about peoples individuals thoughts and opinion on Neymar.

Your asking an opinion from people on other peoples opinions.

If any poll / tally is going to be kept it needs to be about peoples individuals thoughts and opinion on Neymar.

thats exaclty it lol, yay or nay? ye i shouldnt have said overhyped tbh maybe do you think he will be up there with messi ronaldo maradona pele etc?

thats exaclty it lol' date=' yay or nay? ye i shouldnt have said overhyped tbh maybe do you think he will be up there with messi ronaldo maradona pele etc?[/quote']

How on earth can I answer that ??

He has bags of potential and at every stage he has played on so far he has excelled. It would suggest that he has loads of ability but he is only young, hasnt done it for a prolonged amount of time ( due to him only being in the beginning of his career ) and is yet to move to one of the tougher European leagues and play in the european champions league.

If I was to say how good I think he could be I think he could be a world class player but until he shows what he can do in europe or on the international scene at a major tournament its very difficult to say. comparisons to other players is not something that I can do or would be fair.

How on earth can I answer that ??

He has bags of potential and at every stage he has played on so far he has excelled. It would suggest that he has loads of ability but he is only young' date=' hasnt done it for a prolonged amount of time ( due to him only being in the beginning of his career ) and is yet to move to one of the tougher European leagues and play in the european champions league.

If I was to say how good I think he could be I think he could be a world class player but until he shows what he can do in europe or on the international scene at a major tournament its very difficult to say. comparisons to other players is not something that I can do or would be fair.[/quote']

its an opinion. ok then i think we are on similar pages then :D:D

Yep EXACTLY like robinho' date=' and then after a few season he'll go back to Brazil on load etc. the usual story, doesnt have much of a physical presence.

Santos vs Real Sociedad?? lol mate brazilian league just wont cut it no money, cnt hold onto good players, cnt get good european plyers etc. But it is the best league in South America IMO[/quote']

Can you tell me tonights lottery numbers please? :rolleyes:

Oh and Brazilian league..no money? Ha yeah ok then :o

Just because players share similar traits or history' date=' at the end of the day they are two different players and it is just as inaccurate for you to compare him to Robinho and say he will flop etc as it is [b']for people to say he is one of the worlds best players etc[/b]

Not really that inaccurate really, top 10 of 2011's ballon d'or and will be pushing for top 5 of 2012's pretty much confirms his status as one of the worlds best me thinks :P

Guess we'll have to wait until next year for him to prove himself to the doubters, but then people will still say he only looks good cos he's playing with the likes of Messi, Iniesta etc :rolleyes:

Not really that inaccurate really' date=' top 10 of 2011's ballon d'or and will be pushing for top 5 of 2012's pretty much confirms his status as one of the worlds best me thinks :P

Guess we'll have to wait until next year for him to prove himself to the doubters, but then people will still say he only looks good cos he's playing with the likes of Messi, Iniesta etc :rolleyes:[/font']

Perhaps, but we all know you cant justify an argument on the basis of one top ten nomination. I like him, and think he has crazy skills and could ridiculously good. That being said, he needs to prove it different league / european champs league and in a major international tournament :)

Perhaps' date=' but we all know you cant justify an argument on the basis of one top ten nomination. I like him, and think he has crazy skills and could ridiculously good. That being said, he needs to prove it different league / european champs league and in a major international tournament :)[/quote']

No but its a lot more accurate then people saying he is/will flop, at least i have some justification ;)

He doesn't need to prove anything in a different league or european champions league, if he leads Brazil to the WC in 2014 he's guaranteed legendary status, noone doubts Pele do they despite never playing in Europe.

That said it has already been well documented that Neymar wants to play in Europe, and in particular Barcelona, as it has also been well documented that the move is very likely to happen sooner or later, so if he does that and excels in Europe then that will further confirm his status as one of the worlds best :)

Not really that inaccurate really' date=' top 10 of 2011's ballon d'or and will be pushing for top 5 of 2012's pretty much confirms his status as one of the worlds best me thinks :P

Guess we'll have to wait until next year for him to prove himself to the doubters, but then people will still say he only looks good cos he's playing with the likes of Messi, Iniesta etc :rolleyes:[/font']

hahaha 10 7 6 28 32 41 bonus 21

No but its a lot more accurate then people saying he is/will flop' date=' at least i have some justification ;)

He doesn't need to prove anything in a different league or european champions league, if he leads Brazil to the WC in 2014 he's guaranteed legendary status, noone doubts Pele do they despite never playing in Europe.

That said it has already been well documented that Neymar wants to play in Europe, and in particular Barcelona, as it has also been well documented that the move is very likely to happen sooner or later, so if he does that and excels in Europe then that will further confirm his status as one of the worlds best :)[/font']

when pele played they played for pride mate, now theres money involved and that was 40 years ago, u cnt compare

No but its a lot more accurate then people saying he is/will flop' date=' at least i have some justification ;)

[b']That said it has already been well documented that Neymar wants to play in Europe, and in particular Barcelona, as it has also been well documented that the move is very likely to happen sooner or later, so if he does that and excels in Europe then that will further confirm his status as one of the worlds best [/b]:)

lol thats what we are say, he needs to prove him self in europe first

Archived