So many better than Neymar

binstead89

Re: So many better than Neymar

when pele played they played for pride mate' date=' now theres money involved and that was 40 years ago, u cnt compare[/quote']

You've completely missed the point, which was despite never playing in Europe he is still considered one of if not the best player ever. And i dare say the Brazilian league of today is considerably stronger to that of Pele's era ;)

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've completely missed the point' date=' which was despite never playing in Europe he is still considered one of if not the best player ever. And i dare say the Brazilian league of today is considerably stronger to that of Pele's era ;)[/font']

ye but these days, you need to prove yourself in europe

ye but these days' date=' you need to prove yourself in europe[/quote']

Agreed.

40 odd years ago when Pele played it didnt matter, European football and the competition wernt where it was today.

To get the Universal recognition any top player that includes Messi, Ronaldo (the now fat one) etc they all had to move to Europe to gain that world adulation playing against the best teams in the best Leagues.

To be universally recognised or cement greatnmess you need to have done it in Europe, In the Champions League with all due respect doing it in The Champions League and the S-American competitions are chalk and cheese.

The best players in the world play in Europe, therefore the toughest competition is in Europe, therefore to prove yourself as the world's best you have to play against the world's best week in week out.

Greatness is measured by consistency at the top level over a sustained period of time.

Whether Neymar does or not remains to be seen, does he have the ability probably but saying and doing are different things.

Besides nobody should ever listen to Pele the guy spouts more rubbish than most of the biggest figures in world football and claiming Neymar is better than Messi is simply laughable.

Agreed.

40 odd years ago when Pele played it didnt matter' date=' European football and the competition wernt where it was today.

To get the Universal recognition any top player that includes Messi, Ronaldo (the now fat one) etc they all had to move to Europe to gain that world adulation playing against the best teams in the best Leagues.

To be universally recognised or cement greatnmess you need to have done it in Europe, In the Champions League with all due respect doing it in The Champions League and the S-American competitions are chalk and cheese.

The best players in the world play in Europe, therefore the toughest competition is in Europe, therefore to prove yourself as the world's best you have to play against the world's best week in week out.

Greatness is measured by consistency at the top level over a sustained period of time.

Whether Neymar does or not remains to be seen, does he have the ability probably but saying and doing are different things.

Besides nobody should ever listen to Pele the guy spouts more rubbish than most of the biggest figures in world football and claiming Neymar is better than Messi is simply laughable.[/quote']

Couldn't agree more.

Robinho was more hyped than Neymar and he turned out to be a good player but not great. Some people claiming Neymar will be as good as Messi just because they have similarities need a reality check. The lad is only good at dribbling and taking advantage of his agility - even then he is behind Hazard' date=' Robben, Messi and Iniesta at that at the moment and i dont expect him to improve.

He lacks any of the mental greatness Messi had at 20 and a half years and the fact is without the mental side of the game, Messi is just as good as Adel Taraabt. You get the idea?

After World Cup Neymar will be no more, if he hasnt already move to and failed in Europe.

Neymar = Potential to be as good as Messi/Ronaldo'Iniesta = NO

Potential to be as good as Robinho/Di-Maria/Ribery = YES[/quote']

So you put it down to mental greatness, what makes you think neymar can't develop that over the coming years?

Yep EXACTLY like robinho' date=' and then after a few season he'll go back to Brazil on load etc. the usual story, doesnt have much of a physical presence.

Santos vs Real Sociedad?? lol mate brazilian league just wont cut it no money, cnt hold onto good players, cnt get good european plyers etc. But it is the best league in South America IMO[/quote']

Oscar doesn't have much of a physical presence does he?

Can't hold on to good players? What on earth is Neymar, Dede, Moura until jan, Bernard, Nem, all doing still in Brazil?? Had we been talking 5 years ago, these players would have been sold of to europe long ago because of financial pressures, it isn't the same any longer, Neymar is getting European level wages at Santos, who wouldve thought that 5 years ago?

he was past his peak' date=' wasnt performing for Hamburg, so he left to brazil[/quote']

A very good example is Vagner Love, even Fred.

As for Neymar, for me he's the most gifted attacker in the world in his age group, i haven't seen another attacker who can do things with the ball that he can (in his age group), now it's down to how he settles in Europe and more importantly adapts his game to much stronger defenses.

So you put it down to mental greatness' date=' what makes you think neymar can't develop that over the coming years?

Can't hold on to good players? What on earth is Neymar, Dede, Moura until jan, Bernard, Nem, all doing still in Brazil?? Had we been talking 5 years ago, these players would have been sold of to europe long ago because of financial pressures, it isn't the same any longer, Neymar is getting European level wages at Santos, who wouldve thought that 5 years ago?

[b']ye but brazil lost lots of players this season aswell[/b]

Not quite sure what your point is?

So you put it down to mental greatness' date=' what makes you think neymar can't develop that over the coming years?

[b']

As for Neymar, for me he's the most gifted attacker in the world in his age group, i haven't seen another attacker who can do things with the bal[/b]l that he can (in his age group), now it's down to how he settles in Europe and more importantly adapts his game to much stronger defenses.

You'll never see a talent to do things like that with the ball in Europe....The only guy who did things like that with the ball in Europe is Hazard...Hazard in Brazil would look like Zidane+Pele.

The best way I'd sum it up is this.

Neymar has no doubt got ability. He is a great dribbler with great control however he is very prone to showboating, poor decision making and he does not currently have a good enough attitude to really push on.

I think with age and experience he can mature and develop further but IMO it will take a great coach and a good set of players around him to really help him fulfill his potential.

I would however say currently he does not strike me as one of the worlds best and for Brazil he has been ok but if we are all honest with ourselves he's not exactly had several amazing games for them has he? He's had one or two but any player can have a good game and Neymar hasn't really been tested and this is the problem.

Pele in his day did play in Brazil and became one of the best players around but this way not because of his performances in Brazilian league football. He excelled at several world cups and was tested against the best players at the time which (rightly) gave him his place in football history.

So Neymar can prove himself a world class player before moving to Europe in 2014 in Brazil if he is able to really shine in the World Cup tournament.

However until he is given the platform of an international (WC) or european competition (BPL, CL or La Liga) to showcase his ability nobody can really say where he is in terms of world ranking and ability.

He looks talented to me but all we can do really is speculate his potential. We cannot accurately predict how his career will pan out until he competes within the aforementioned competitions at which point he will be forced to play the worlds best at more regular intervals.

Why do people in this forum underate Robinho and dont want neymar to turn out like him?Hes a legend its just that City destroyed hes carrier along with Adebayors and Tevez carriers and many others to come.

Robinho is quality, put no where near his full potential, he was a HUGE talent when he was younger loads of hype and never lived up to it

lol ye his hair n all kinda irritates me' date=' it looks stupid really[/quote']

Whatever. As if anybody cares what you guys think of him. Like him or not, neither of us will ever be able to reach his level (as in popularity, skills, wealth etc etc...).

I agree though he's nowhere near Messi's class and way over-hyped.

Whatever. As if anybody cares what you guys think of him. Like him or not' date=' neither of us will ever be able to reach his level (as in popularity, skills, wealth etc etc...).

I agree though he's nowhere near Messi's class and way over-hyped.[/quote']

Agreed,Why do we even bother theyll get loads of money even if they dont play as good as we expect them to,and whats the meaning of life anyways?

Whatever. As if anybody cares what you guys think of him. Like him or not' date=' neither of us will ever be able to reach his level (as in popularity, skills, wealth etc etc...).

Bill gates ...you just insulted me.Gonna buy him for 100-150M and put him to take the garbage from the wife house....:o

Agreed' date='Why do we even bother theyll get loads of money even if they dont play as good as we expect them to,and whats the meaning of life anyways?[/quote']

lol a bit of point dont you think?? :D:D

I often wonder if any of you actually watch football.

Neymar is still only 20 and is by far the best player in Brazil and by far Brazil's best forward.

I don't think he will end up like Robinho, he has a much better work ethic than Robinho ever had.

When he does move to Europe, he will be one of the best players in the world, he may just need a little time to settle into whatever league he's in.

You're not an average player when clubs like Man U, Barcelona and Real Madrid are all desperate to sign you, but obviously, people on forums over the internet know more than the biggest clubs in the world. :rolleyes:

Neymar is still only 20 and is by far the best player in Brazil and by far Brazil's best forward.

I don't think he will end up like Robinho' date=' he has a much better work ethic than Robinho ever had.

When he does move to Europe, he will be one of the best players in the world, he may just need a little time to settle into whatever league he's in.

You're not an average player when clubs like Man U, Barcelona and Real Madrid are all desperate to sign you, [b']but obviously, people on forums over the internet know more than the biggest clubs in the world[/b]. :rolleyes:

thats not what we are saying lol, and how can u be certain he will be one of the best players in the world.

And to the bold comment, sometimes they do clubs make some real bad signings.

I don't think he will end up like Robinho' date=' he has a much better work ethic than Robinho ever had.

You're not an average player when clubs like [b']Man U,[/b] Barcelona and Real Madrid are all desperate to sign you, but obviously, people on forums over the internet know more than the biggest clubs in the world. :rolleyes:

1 name: Damiao

Man U?Never ever.

do you mean like us as players?? wont be able to be as good as him??

do you mean like us as players?? wont be able to be as good as him??

Yeah, what else could it mean? :rolleyes:

Like his appearance or not, at least give him the credit for reaching that level (through constant perseverance) where half the world knows him, what's your identity again? Just another internet ninja!!?

Archived