Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

Re: Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

Hard to live in Ronaldo's world.Always 2nd...When you are first' date='you are there because Messi is injured.:P[/quote']

Except its not true. Messi's injury hid the fact that he was in poor form anyway and before Messi got injured Ronaldo was already ahead in terms of goals this year. All Messi fanboys seems to have a nice excuse to show now.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought i'd give the Spanish league ratings a go, first time doing predictions so dont expect 100% accuracy The ratings are probably around a month away so i'll update nearer the time if theres any

SM has become more concerned about new games and profits than quality. It's been a long time since the good ole' days.

Respuesta: Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread These are the predictions that I have done in the Spanish forum. The people agree very, you? GETAFE Escudero 84 > 85/86 Arroyo 80 > 82/83

Posted Images

Any of these guys changing in the next review?

LAPORTE, Aymeric

BEÑAT, Etxebarria

BAPTISTÃO, Léo

ÓLIVER, Torres

KOKE, Jorge

MIRANDA, João

MANQUILLO, Javi

SAÚL, Ñíguez

SÁNCHEZ, Alexis

MONTOYA, Martín

DARDER, Sergi

NACHO, Fernández

RODRÍGUEZ, José

VARANE, Raphaël

ILLARRAMENDI, Asier

MORATA, Álvaro

CARVAJAL, Daniel

BERGARA, Markel

PARDO, Rubén

MARTÍNEZ, Iñigo

HERNÁNDEZ, Dani

BERNAT, Juan

Thanks in advance

Except its not true. Messi's injury hid the fact that he was in poor form anyway and before Messi got injured Ronaldo was already ahead in terms of goals this year. All Messi fanboys seems to have a nice excuse to show now.

Give this man a medal because he got that spot on. Totally agree. Repped.

Respuesta: Re: Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

I disagree with this. Before his injury (which happened before the game against PSG for UCL) Messi has been massive. He never fully recovered from that injury and his poor form is purely and exclusively due to his injury and his fear to get it worse and not reach the WC in full fit.

Just an opinion (not from a fanboy)

Barcelona are incapable of utilising Messi and have been quietly damaging him for ages, when he's fully fit he is on another level to Ronaldo.

That's coming from a CR7 fan.

Both should be 99 for now as Ronaldo is form-wise the best in the world and SM's ratings are incredibly reactionary these days, so its only fair.

Barcelona are incapable of utilising Messi and have been quietly damaging him for ages' date=' when he's fully fit he is on another level to Ronaldo.

Both should be 99 for now as Ronaldo is form-wise the best in the world and SM's ratings are incredibly reactionary these days, so its only fair.[/quote']

I honestly think Messi and Ronaldo are at the same level.

Neymar is showing how much Barça miss Messi.

Over the last years (both for United and Real Madrdi), Ronaldo never had the help, Messi had. Nevertheless, this year, the situation is a bit different.

With phenomenal players, like Xavi and Iniesta, serving me, even I could be a topscorer! :D

Not to mention that it's a lot easier to score, if you play for Argentina, rather than for Portugal. The Argentinian midfield and attack are considerably better than Portugal's.

Also, Messi plays at the centre of the attack, while Ronaldo plays on the wing.

Messi just has better "press" and marketing experts, working for him, than Ronaldo.

And FIFA doesn't hate Messi, to say the least.

This being said, when both of them end their careers, I believe I'll see Messi as the best of the 2.

Why?

Because he's younger than Ronaldo and (if he has no serious injuries) he should be able to play more top class football than the Portuguese. :)

Barcelona are incapable of utilising Messi and have been quietly damaging him for ages' date=' [b']when he's fully fit he is on another level to Ronaldo.[/b]

Both should be 99 for now as Ronaldo is form-wise the best in the world and SM's ratings are incredibly reactionary these days, so its only fair.

No he is not.

Respuesta: Re: Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

I honestly think Messi and Ronaldo are at the same level.

Neymar is showing how much Barça miss Messi.

Over the last years (both for United and Real Madrdi)' date=' [b']Ronaldo never had the help[/b], Messi had. Nevertheless, this year, the situation is a bit different.

With phenomenal players, like Xavi and Iniesta, serving me, even I could be a topscorer! :D

Not to mention that it's a lot easier to score, if you play for Argentina, rather than for Portugal. The Argentinian midfield and attack are considerably better than Portugal's.

Also, Messi plays at the centre of the attack, while Ronaldo plays on the wing.

Messi just has better "press" and marketing experts, working for him, than Ronaldo.

And FIFA doesn't hate Messi, to say the least.

This being said, when both of them end their careers, I believe I'll see Messi as the best of the 2.

Why?

Because he's younger than Ronaldo and (if he has no serious injuries) he should be able to play more top class football than the Portuguese. :)

Ronaldo had possibly the best assister in the world like Ozil is. Ronaldo always had help, thing is that Messi is capable of adjusting better to teamwork than Ronaldo and ofc that having Xavi and Iniesta is a big deal but Messi is capable of squeeze all the juice out of them and that also take skill.

Regards,

Re: Respuesta: Re: Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

Ronaldo had possibly the best assister in the world like Ozil is. Ronaldo always had help' date=' thing is that Messi is capable of adjusting better to teamwork than Ronaldo and ofc that having Xavi and Iniesta is a big deal but Messi is capable of squeeze all the juice out of them and that also take skill.

Regards,[/quote']

Ronaldo -

Marcelo

Alonso

Khedira

Modric

Di Maria

Isco

Ozil

Kaka

Bale

Benzema

Higuain

Messi -

Alves

Alba

Adriano

Mascherano

Biscuits

Fabregas

Messi

Iniesta

Pedro

Sanchez

Neymar

11-11

The Barca support cast is a far less selfish set of players IMO

Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

Ronaldo -

Marcelo

Alonso

Khedira

Modric

Di Maria

Isco

Ozil

Kaka

Bale

Benzema

Higuain

Messi -

Alves

Alba

Adriano

Mascherano

Biscuits

Fabregas

Messi

Iniesta

Pedro

Sanchez

Neymar

11-11

The Barca support cast is a far less selfish set of players IMO

Another point to raise... the drop in Messi's game and all this games Barcelona has played without him brought the drop of Xavi's game and Iniesta's game as well, and this is not a coincidence. Messi complements Xavi and Iniesta just as well as Iniesta and Xavi plays for Messi.

People are so short sighted it's unbelievable.

Messi has been so far above anyone else on the planet for the past 4-5 years, he's played in so many games over those years, that finally his body starts to get tired, he picks up an injury that keeps him out for around two months, and all of a sudden people forget just how good he is.

You can all argue all you want about Ronaldo being better than him, but there isn't a single statistic in the World that shows that to be true.

I'll leave this here for anyone in doubt. ;)

k0lrq.png

People are so short sighted it's unbelievable.

Messi has been so far above anyone else on the planet for the past 4-5 years' date=' he's played in so many games over those years, that finally his body starts to get tired, he picks up an injury that keeps him out for around two months, and all of a sudden people forget just how good he is.

You can all argue all you want about Ronaldo being better than him, but there isn't a single statistic in the World that shows that to be true.

I'll leave this here for anyone in doubt. ;)

[center']k0lrq.png[/center]

+1

Whilst I think Ronaldo more than deserves the ballon d'or this year, Messi is still the best player in the world. I know the argument of who is (or was once they both retire - see Pele and Maradona) better is probably never, ever going to end, which I think is quite sad, as a lot of football fans now don't get to appreciate the fact that we are seeing two of the greatest players of all time playing AT THE SAME TIME!

This year Ronaldo deserves it:

66 - Ronaldo has hit 66 goals so far for club and country this year, beating his previous record of 63, in 2012. And he still has six more games to add to that tally (Madrid have eight matches left in 2013 but Cristiano is suspended for the two Copa del Rey clashes against Olimpic de Xativa). The 66 goals have come in just 55 appearances for Madrid and Portugal. Last year's 63 came in 71 appearances.

64 - By comparison, Ronaldo's rivals for the next Ballon d'Or crown, Messi and Ribery, have scored a combined 64 goals in 2013.

56 - The bulk of Cristiano's goals in 2013 have come with Madrid. The Portuguese has netted 56 times in 46 official games for his club this year.

47 - The Madeira-born forward's treble against Sweden saw him reach 47 international goals and equal the Portuguese record held by former Paris Saint-Germain striker Pauleta. One more goal would see Ronaldo, who has 109 Seleccaocaps to his name, claim the record outright.

36 - Ronaldo has scored 36 of his 66 goals in La Liga this year - in just 30 games.

32 - For club and country in 2013-14, Cristiano has 32 in 22 games. At the beginning of last season, he hit 21 in the same amount of matches.

30 - In April, he became the first player in Madrid's history to score more than 30 goals for three straight seasons and he is well on target to do so again this term.

24 - The Portuguese has already scored 24 goals for Los Blancos this season (from just 17 games) - his best-ever start to a season in Spain. And that with a new coach and system to get used to, plus the departure of Mesut Ozil (the German had set up more goals for Cristiano than anyone else - 27 - in the previous three campaigns).

19 - His double at Elche, which included a controversial penalty in added time, means that the former Manchester United man has now netted against every other team in La Liga. In 2011-12, he became the first player to do so in a single season but he had never played previously against Elche, who were promoted in the summer.

16 - The Portuguese has added maturity to his unquestionable individual brilliance and has 16 assists in 2013, meaning that he has been involved in an amazing 82 goals overall this year. He is also La Liga's top scorer so far this season with 16 goals and, with Messi on eight and recovering from injury, he is well on course for a second Pichichi prize.

14 - Cristiano's strike at Juventus earlier in November was his 14th Champions League goal of 2013, which saw him beat Messi's mark of 13 from last year.

10 - Ronaldo has 10 goals in nine matches for Portugal in 2013 - the first time that he has managed double figures for his country in a calendar year. His previous best was seven in nine games, in 2011.

8 - The 28-year-old is the current top scorer in this season's Champions League, with eight goals from his four games. He needs just one more in the final two group games to break a record that he now shares with Hernan Crespo, Filippo Inzaghi and Ruud van Nistelrooy.

6 - Ronaldo has hit six hat-tricks for Madrid in 2013. In total, he has now netted 23 of them for the Spanish side. He only scored one treble at Manchester United, despite spending six seasons at Old Trafford and racking up 118 goals for the team managed by Sir Alex Ferguson.

5 - Ronaldo recently moved up to fifth in the list of all-time Madrid scorers, overtaking Mexican legend Hugo Sanchez, and now has 225 goals for Los Blancos in just 216 matches. At his current strike-rate, the Portuguese will surpass Madrid's highest scorer, Raul (323 in 741 games) in 2015.

2 - Up until this year, Cristiano had never netted a hat-trick for Portugal. He now has two: The first against Northern Ireland in Belfast during World Cup qualifying and Tuesday's display in Solna.

(as of 23 Nov)

Isn't it something like this (2013/2014 season):

Messi - 16 apps, 14 goals, 4 assists

Ronaldo - 20 apps, 26 goals, 6 assists

?

He also is the only football ever to score in every minute of a game.

I'm not saying Ronaldo is better, just that this year, he deserves to win the Ballon D'or, it is an individual accolade after all.

Any of these guys changing in the next review?

LAPORTE' date=' Aymeric

BEÑAT, Etxebarria

BAPTISTÃO, Léo

ÓLIVER, Torres

KOKE, Jorge

MIRANDA, João

MANQUILLO, Javi

SAÚL, Ñíguez

SÁNCHEZ, Alexis

MONTOYA, Martín

DARDER, Sergi

NACHO, Fernández